Borderlands 39.96 at Wal-Mart [Canada Only]

• Please log in to reply
328 replies to this topic

#91 Cthulhu8u

Cthulhu8u

That Innsmouth look

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2009 - 04:34 PM

Preordered it from Futureshop in Woodbridge. I went to BB first but they said they didn't have in-store preorders for it, I'd have to go online. Apparently it's $39.96 in BB's system, but it is also listed as a 69.99 "promotional price". It confused the BestBuy CSR, but he's pretty sure it'll still be the cheaper price on Tuesday.

Posted Image

#92 Grease_Bits

Grease_Bits

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2009 - 07:16 PM

UPDATE!
Just got back from EB, cashier said that EB WILL NOT BE MATCHING, but that the T3G1F is just the same as or better then getting it for $39.99 :bs:

So I changed my preorder to Mass Effect 2 and planning on trading in Fable 2 to FS for $37. (Couldnt find any copies of Fallout 3 :P)

Edit: One final thing. If you check the Xbox 360 dashboard ad for Wal-Marts sale, they have it stated that Borderlands will be $39.99 until Oct 27th. Just an FYI, didnt see it posted anywhere.

Edited by Grease_Bits, 17 October 2009 - 07:32 PM.

#93 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2009 - 11:14 PM

Wal Mart's coming up there and they need to get in on this "videotape pac man" while they can.

Made me laugh. :applause:

#94 Pale-Dim

Pale-Dim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2009 - 12:50 AM

EB will instead be offering a different deal on borderlands. those that pre-order the game and pick it up and trade it back in within a week (with pre-order pick up receipt) will get a 40$ trade credit for it. This is similiar to the gaming guarantee deals they normally do but its 40$ credit not the full value. I can bet the trade in value for those that did not pre-order it will be quite low. I think batman was a trade value of like 15$ for the longest time

#95 WillGabriel

WillGabriel

The One And Only

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2009 - 01:47 AM

BB and FS are all sold out online, but in-store pre-orders should still be a go. Pre-ordered a copy each for me and a friend at Downtown Edmonton FS today.

#96 imcrazy

imcrazy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2009 - 02:37 AM

EB will instead be offering a different deal on borderlands. those that pre-order the game and pick it up and trade it back in within a week (with pre-order pick up receipt) will get a 40$ trade credit for it. This is similiar to the gaming guarantee deals they normally do but its 40$ credit not the full value. I can bet the trade in value for those that did not pre-order it will be quite low. I think batman was a trade value of like 15$ for the longest time

Haha thats hardly a deal. Besides both FS and BB will likely offer the same TiV for everyone.

#97 FarmhouseMedia

FarmhouseMedia

The Casual Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2009 - 01:07 PM

I'll have to get up early and be at Walmart for 7am on Tuesday

Gameplays, reviews, and just havin' fun...
www.youtube.com/farmhousemedia3000

#98 kathos

kathos

Wooooooooo.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2009 - 02:51 PM

Haha thats hardly a deal. Besides both FS and BB will likely offer the same TiV for everyone.

Sad. EB's deal is just the same basic "deal" they offer anyone: $40 TIV on new releases.

I'll have to get up early and be at Walmart for 7am on Tuesday

Same here, I have very little time to actually go around and shop, so this is the best way for me too, right before classes start :D.
Ex-Futureshop slave, ex-EB Games slave driver. Now Home Depot dreg.
Posted Image

#99 vicious7171

vicious7171

Only lives to get radical

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2009 - 04:06 PM

Any chance Sears will carry Borderlands and PM wal mart?
Posted Image

#100 lustyhitter

lustyhitter

Sly Cooper's back!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2009 - 04:20 PM

I guess some stores don't see Borderlands as a AAA game; they don't expect a mad rush for this title that we saw in Batman: Arkham Asylum. Let's face it, Batman is one of the best games of 2009. Borderlands has only one review so far. Also, there wasn't really anything coming out the week of Batman, there are other popular franchises arriving this week, like WWE and FIFA. If the reviews are good, I'll go to Future Shop and buy it.

brighat2007.png

#101 gamer602

gamer602

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2009 - 05:43 PM

Get it at FS with credit from trade ins!
PLEASE EMAIL ME: gamer602 at gmail.com
DO NOT POST ON RFD!:bomb:
WAY too many HOARDERS THERE!

#102 Hyunkel

Hyunkel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2009 - 05:49 PM

Will the price always stay at $40 at Future Shop, or does it usually go back to $70 after the first few days?

#103 Afrodiziak

Afrodiziak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2009 - 05:56 PM

It'll be $40 for 2 days I believe. Then it'll go up again.

#104 scary perry

scary perry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2009 - 06:55 PM

I am totally paralyzed with this game - buy on steam for $45 or 360 for $40.

#105 Pavel6969

Pavel6969

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2009 - 07:04 PM

I really had little to no interest in this game, and still don't, but damn I am tempted to get it for $40, just because it is such a deal. Damn you CAG! =-)

#106 craig64

craig64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2009 - 09:06 PM

Is the FS trade program pretty simple to do? I've never done it before, but if I can do a straight swap with ODST for Borderlands I'm totally going to jump on that deal. Do you think it'd still be possible to pre-order the game at this point?

#107 TripleQ

TripleQ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2009 - 09:27 PM

You won't be able to do a straight swap, since you have to pay tax on Borderlands (it's not like EB Games where credit is tax-free)

Pre-order in the store, probably... online is sold out.

#108 DietPoopSoda

DietPoopSoda

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2009 - 10:06 PM

Here are the links to Best Buy, Wal-Mart (pg. 16), and Future Shop.

Looks to be only for Canada, but perhaps price match in the States?

#109 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2009 - 10:09 PM

Doubt you'll be able to pricematch it. Canada has some really great deals every now and then. I hear they have MW2 for $49.99 at Future Shop tomorrow only

#110 DietPoopSoda

DietPoopSoda

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2009 - 10:10 PM

Well, I know many people got that PM for Batman from the Canadian Wal-Mart ad, so I really hope this will work as well.

#111 Camwi

Camwi

Can I be a sasquatch too?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2009 - 10:11 PM

*shakes fist angrily to the North*

#112 Pinnacle

Pinnacle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2009 - 12:42 AM

Anyway to have this game shipped to the US?

#113 haize

haize

baby got backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2009 - 12:54 AM

omg awesome find, i preordered Borderlands at Gamestop, i would love some insight on how to get a pricematch to work on this one please.

#114 Placebo

Placebo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2009 - 03:40 AM

EBG/GS will not be price matching this deal. So look out for other places to grab Borderlands from. I plan on getting to the local BB early just before opening to grab it, I'm sure they'll be a tiny line, but I'm not afraid they won't have copies.
My Trade List

Blogger/Reviewer for HookedGamers.com

Posted Image

Posted Image

#115 imcrazy

imcrazy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2009 - 03:56 PM

For those of us who have been waiting for reviews, Kotaku has one up. I'm sure more will follow shortly.

#116 craig64

craig64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2009 - 04:10 PM

For those of us who have been waiting for reviews, Kotaku has one up. I'm sure more will follow shortly.

Awesome! I've been waiting for a review of this! I'm still on the fence after reading the review.. hmmm..

Thanks for posting though.

*edit*
It looks like Giant Bomb has a review up now too:
http://www.giantbomb...-20487/reviews/

Edited by craig64, 19 October 2009 - 04:46 PM.

#117 Pavel6969

Pavel6969

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2009 - 05:12 PM

IGN gave it 8.8

http://xbox360.ign.c.../1035922p1.html

#118 imcrazy

imcrazy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2009 - 05:55 PM

Ironically I like that most of the reviews put it in the 80-90 range. It seems the games that get the perfect scores these days tend to be games that do nothing new (they don't take risks), and ultimately end up being rather boring for me. Where as games in the 80-90 range attempt to offer more unique experiences. Sure they aren't perfect but at least its something different. Just look at Valkyria Chronicles.

#119 NWgamer666

NWgamer666

Vorsprung Durch Technik

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2009 - 06:01 PM

What will tax be on this purchase? Is it at 12% for B.C.? I am coming from "The States" can I get some tax refunded at the border anymore?

Also, I'm not a hoarder, only got cash for 1 copy.

Also Also, what will availability be on day 1? Is it possible it could sell out at the Supercentre Walmart in Vancouver, B.C.?

Please help me CAGanada, your my only hope.

Edited by NWgamer666, 19 October 2009 - 06:11 PM.

#120 pmp1986

pmp1986

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2009 - 06:08 PM

Went down to EBgames to move my T3G1FREE pre-order on Borderlands and the guy outright says "Getting it cheap elsewhere eh?, Me too."