Borderlands 39.96 at Wal-Mart [Canada Only]

bi-gE

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Sorry this deal is Canada Only!

Seems that Wal-Mart is up to its old tricks, this time with the release of Borderlands. 39.96 make it an instant purchase. Wonder if everyone else will match this time. Good time to be a Canadian! :D

scan0001k.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Did Batman: AA end up being the same price at EBgames day 1? I have Borderlands pre-ordered using T3G1Free and would like to have the extra credit

[quote name='pmp1986']Did Batman: AA end up being the same price at EBgames day 1? I have Borderlands pre-ordered using T3G1Free and would like to have the extra credit[/QUOTE]

yeah, batman went down to the $38-40 range (can't remember the exact price) at eb games for the first 3 days of its release.

Awesome! (but I hope the PS3 version is the same price) This is the second time that a game that was on my "buy it later" list has been reduced at launch. I'll have to bite for sure now. Here's hoping that other store price match it. Thanks OP.

Great price, definitely picking it up. Seeing Brutal Legend for $69.99 kind of sucks, though. I kind of wish Canada goes back to $59.99 on new games again. But we can't have everything.

[quote name='King J Gatz']I know this has to do with your currency, but what the hell does it mean when it says choc. What does the choc mean. French maybe?[/QUOTE]

chac? Short for "each" I believe. :D

No PC love, but then again my brother's computer won't be able to run it anyway.

Canada should be written in the title to make sure US friends do not hope the price will be the same in US.

This is a Canada sale.

The flyer is bilingual (op probably has the Quebec version), chac. = diminituve of "chacun" (French) = each (English).

So the flyer really reads $39.96 for 1 copy of the game (X360 version only it seems because there is only 1 product code)

Good price

I was going to get this on launch anyway, lucky me for the reduction.

So long as the PS3 version also gets that price, that is.

Woah. Almost as cheap as the PC version. Already pre-ordered on PC and I think all my friends are playing on PC anyway so will have to pass =P

As much as I'm excited at the prospect of the game at $40, it worries me that there's no fanfare around that price or any disclaimers saying it's a limited time. I'm thinking that might be a price error :(

can you preorder games at walmart? Or do you just have to show up early and hope you have good luck? Or maybe the other stores will do the price match thing again, in which case, i can go to futureshop. If other stores do the price match (FS/BB) do they put it up in the online stores as well for that price? Guess i could bring the ad into FS but i've never done that before.

Was going to pass on this one, but for $40 i have to get it.

The game sounds interesting. I might have to bite at that price, provided it isn't some sort of pricing error.

I'm not sure if I'll be taking advantage of this deal. Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack In Time and Forza 3 are coming the week after. I need some reviews first.

[quote name='saad77']Or maybe the other stores will do the price match thing again, in which case, i can go to futureshop. If other stores do the price match (FS/BB) do they put it up in the online stores as well for that price? Guess i could bring the ad into FS but i've never done that before.
[/QUOTE]

Last time (for Batman), FutureShop just adjusted their price for the first three days ... that is how I picked up my copy.

Was going to pass on this one, but for $40 i have to get it.

Yep, my thoughts as well ...

Was going to get this later on once the price dropped, but if the PS3 version is also cheap I will jump on it. Maybe I'll get lucky and get it from FS for $8 like I did for Batman AA.

I still don't think a cheap price will make me get this game. Hopefully Dragon Age will drop to 40 at launch though.

noooooooo I'm going away on vacation on the 19th til Nov. 1st

...I don't suppose anyone near aurora, ON wants to buy me one and I'll get it from them when I get back...

*crickets chirp*

I don't even know what this game is all about, for for $40 why not?? Here's hoping FS/BB/EB will PM, lord knows the WM is like an hour bus ride.

Awesome! Thanks for giving us the heads up this. I like this trend of games i want on launch day getting discounted...:applause:

Whoa, I was planning to do a "Trade 3" deal at EB for this. I guess I'll do a T3GIF for something else and just straight up buy this.

[quote name='CdnArmy33']Awesome! Thanks for giving us the heads up this. I like this trend of games i want on launch day getting discounted...:applause:[/QUOTE]

whatever the case may be I'm pretty sure that BB/FS/EB are about to start getting majorly pissed off as they have to match these discounts for fear of sales loss due to PM's

I have a T3 preorder on the PS3 version of this. If EB matches this, will i get the $30 credit on an edge card?

[quote name='xaznboi']I have a T3 preorder on the PS3 version of this. If EB matches this, will i get the $30 credit on an edge card?[/QUOTE]

Honestly, to be safe I'd switch to a different pre-order and drop $40 on Borderlands at Walmart. It's hit or miss if a CSR will give you the extra money, avoid the hassle and cancel the pre-order and switch it.

[quote name='miriamleo']There doesn't seem to be any Walmart in Vancouver, right?[/QUOTE]

There's one on Grandview Highway, near Boundary. Where Costco used to be.

So the rest of Canada will have this same flyer and not just Quebec? I was ready to buy this day one anyways but for $40 makes it even sweeter.

Oooh giddy. Sounds like a deal to me. EB Games will more than likely match this day of as well for anyone who was wondering about the T3 deal. Some stores may not give back the credit (as they are not supposed to), they should transfer it to another preorder, however, that may not happen with some, LOL!

[quote name='projectkuro']Honestly, to be safe I'd switch to a different pre-order and drop $40 on Borderlands at Walmart. It's hit or miss if a CSR will give you the extra money, avoid the hassle and cancel the pre-order and switch it.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, on a T3 I would definitely switch the preorder to something else. Those $30 won't get you a new game for as little as you might have paid using a T3.

bread's done
Back