GameFly Deals 10/16: Wario Land: Shake It $15, Mushroom Men $10 and more!

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
how is silent hill? I have a $5 off for used games. Warning to everyone stay away from Shellshock 2 unless you are addicted to achievements that game is terrible

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']how is silent hill? I have a $5 off for used games. Warning to everyone stay away from Shellshock 2 unless you are addicted to achievements that game is terrible[/QUOTE]

Homecoming isn't TERRIBLE or anything -- it just doesn't feel like a Silent Hill game.

That said, in for one on KOF.

Shellshock 2 wasn't that bad. Lol. It'd be a decent purchase for around $5-$10.
KOF is too much for me. I'm going to wait for that to drop to a lower price point.

There are more games offering free shipping than indicated above. Some highlights I found were:

:360:w/FS
Tomb Raider: Underworld 17.99
Halo Wars 19.99
MK vs DC Universe 19.99
Godfather 2 19.99

Silent HIll: Homecoming does not allow for inverted controls unless you are in Aim mode. Pretty lame for those who use that control set like myself. So beware before purchasing.

I'd bite on King of Fighters at half that price. After all, that's how much the stand alone versions in the past cost, and considering the lack of depth in this one I'd rather just stick with superior fighters.

I haven't tried too many other titles, but I saw that LSL: Box Office Bust is $9.99 with free shipping. I'm tempted, but I've also heard really bad things.

MjC

[quote name='MCalvert1']I haven't tried too many other titles, but I saw that LSL: Box Office Bust is $9.99 with free shipping. I'm tempted, but I've also heard really bad things.

MjC[/QUOTE]

It's very bad. I couldn't even bring myself to 1000 it when I got it for $19.99 at launch. Although at this price I might pick it up and just take my time to finish it at some point. This is only for GS whoring purposes though. I'm not sure I could play this for more than 30 min at a time as the camera was giving me vertigo.

Also it is $8.99/9.99 used/new at GS/EB.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']It's very bad. I couldn't even bring myself to 1000 it when I got it for $19.99 at launch. Although at this price I might pick it up and just take my time to finish it at some point. This is only for GS whoring purposes though.

Also it is $8.99/9.99 used/new at GS/EB.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip on both counts. I'll look for it next time I'm at GS.

MjC

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Saw This

Rock Band Classic Rock Track Pack - $14.99 + Free ship

I'm guessing that since they do not send out the manuals that you will be able to import the songs. 0.75 per song is pretty good![/QUOTE]

What do you mean they don't send out the manuals?

[quote name='johnsdoe00']What do you mean they don't send out the manuals?[/QUOTE]

I think he meant since they don't send them out when you rent the game, then you will be able to import them, because when you buy it they do send out the manual and it should have an unused code (hopefully).

[quote name='funkflexmctough']There are more games offering free shipping than indicated above. Some highlights I found were:

:360:w/FS
Tomb Raider: Underworld 17.99
Halo Wars 19.99
MK vs DC Universe 19.99
Godfather 2 19.99[/QUOTE]
Thanks for this. In for Halo Wars.

Thanks Cheapy! That was the sweet spot on Shellshock for me. I enjoyed it for what it was on PC. The premise alone elevated it from mediocre to cool for me.

[quote name='johnsdoe00']What do you mean they don't send out the manuals?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='kaw']I think he meant since they don't send them out when you rent the game, then you will be able to import them, because when you buy it they do send out the manual and it should have an unused code (hopefully).[/QUOTE]

Indeed. His wording threw me off at first, too, but then it made perfect sense. And yeah, the code should be unused. The cases and manuals just sit in a warehouse until someone buys the game.

[quote name='G-Nitro']Silent HIll: Homecoming does not allow for inverted controls unless you are in Aim mode. Pretty lame for those who use that control set like myself. So beware before purchasing.[/QUOTE]
That would really bother me considering I use inverted. And ya know...I always felt like I was the only person that did. Now I know I'm not alone in the world =)

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']Are these games usually scratch free?[/QUOTE]

Sometimes. It really depends on who had their hands on the disc before you.

[quote name='nintenjoe']If you're not a Gamefly member, it isn't free shipping I'm finding out. Unless I'm missing a code?[/QUOTE]

GF members always get free shipping. But often, when GF has certain sales, particular titles will be eligible for free shipping to everyone.

I used to use inverted until Homecoming made me go normal and honestly I think overall my ability to aim got better. Even though I was playing inverted for years there was always something that felt wacky about it, mainly because left and right were normal.

I'll admit I was biased as far as Homecoming went but after I stopped picking on it, it was actually a pretty decent game. Yeah there's things I would have done differently, like the static isn't fine enough in hidef it's just blurry blobs so it doesn't really seem like static.

I've never ordered a PS3 game from Gamefly, but every single 360 game I got was scratched up. Some worse than others, but they all worked perfectly.

Yea, sorry if it was a bit unclear from my post. bigdaddybruce44 hit the nail on the head though. The manuals aren't sent out when people rent the games so the download code you receive when you buy the game used from Gamefly should be unused. I already put in an order so I'll let everyone know what happens when I get it.

Yeah I understand now. Just didn't know they had the code in the manual for that game.
I'm pretty much 100% sure that it will still be there, though. Good luck.

I havent played thru a Silent Hill game since the first one and just coming in on Homecoming I think its much better than what people think. For the price you can't go wrong for the horror genre.

[quote name='MCalvert1']I haven't tried too many other titles, but I saw that LSL: Box Office Bust is $9.99 with free shipping. I'm tempted, but I've also heard really bad things.

MjC[/QUOTE]

Well Box Office Bust is way better than the first one. The first one had way too many old (black and white) movies. Box Office Bust still could be much better. With either of these titles, you need 3 or 4 people to play or it isn't fun at all.

I also noticed Stormrise (360) dropped to 12.99.
With the ratings, it sounds like a game for collectors only.

[quote name='voidedx']Well Box Office Bust is way better than the first one. The first one had way too many old (black and white) movies. Box Office Bust still could be much better. With either of these titles, you need 3 or 4 people to play or it isn't fun at all.[/QUOTE]

You're confusing Box Office Bust with Box Office Smash.

bread's done
Back