YMMV - Gamespot - B2G1 on Used Games/Accessories

ryemm

CAGiversary!
I posted this in the regional forums, but figured others may want to take a shot at this.

My local stores in Crystal Lake, IL are having a B2G1 Free on all used games and accessories through the end of the month. The manager told me this is not company wide, however, with the recent used trade in promotions these stores are overstocked with used games.

While it is completely YMMV, it may be worth checking out your local stores to see if they are doing the same thing.

[quote name='badgerguy']Don't u mean Game Stop?[/QUOTE]

Yes, sorry about that. This is for Game Stop, I have no local Gamespots. :)

this one is very ymmv, i was in the 3 gamestops in gurnee il today looking for a game and none of these 3 were doing any such deal. I'll wait for the national promo since everyone knows its coming eventually(my guess is black friday if not earlier)

buy 2 get 1 free will most likely run this weekend, stores are up against huge comps this weekend with no big titles and we have always ran it when toys r us ran theirs for the past 5 years. I will be shocked if gamestop dosnt.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I don't care if it's buy 2 get 100 free. I'm not driving to Crystal Lake and getting hacked up by Jason for some fucking videogames. Sorry.[/QUOTE]
Liar :)

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I don't care if it's buy 2 get 100 free. I'm not driving to Crystal Lake and getting hacked up by Jason for some fucking videogames. Sorry.[/QUOTE]

Friday the 13 takes place in New Jersey, not Illinois.

/that guy

[quote name='Survivalism']Friday the 13 takes place in New Jersey, not Illinois.

/that guy[/QUOTE]

It never says it's in New Jersey. That's just where they filmed it.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']It never says it's in New Jersey. That's just where they filmed it.[/QUOTE]
Actually in jason goes to hell jason travels (his essence ghost or whatever) from cleveland west (presumbly Illinois) and in freddy vs jason Springfield Illnois (where freddy if from) They travel north to Crystal Lake.

I stand by my comment. I don't care if it's Jason X and I know he's in outer space. I'm still not going to Crystal Lake.

I'd love to be killed by Jason in an insane gruesome way, but not until I'm like 80 years old, senile with alshiemers, and incontinent.

Anyway, when I was at Gamestop yesterday and I was asking about a B2G1, the manager told me to keep checking back with them soon because he thinks one is coming. He said he didn't get news of one yet, but that one should be coming soon.

[quote name='xsuicidesn0wmanx']this one is very ymmv, i was in the 3 gamestops in gurnee il today looking for a game and none of these 3 were doing any such deal. I'll wait for the national promo since everyone knows its coming eventually(my guess is black friday if not earlier)[/QUOTE]

Wow, never met another person from Waukegan on the internet. First time for everything I guess. :)

Also, the Gamestop in Champaign isn't doing this is far as I know. Although I wish they were. :(

[quote name='Bezerker']Wow, I didnt know that Gamespot sold games.[/QUOTE]

I cannot believe it took that long for someone to say something! lol.

Also, as someone who lives and grew up on the NJ side of the NJ/PA border, it was always said that certain Friday the 13th shots were taken just across the PA border in Bushkill PA. Blairstown = the middle of nowhere. I'm sure the Hackettstown CAGS will attest to that.

[quote name='bgame2']I cannot believe it took that long for someone to say something! lol.

Also, as someone who lives and grew up on the NJ side of the NJ/PA border, it was always said that certain Friday the 13th shots were taken just across the PA border in Bushkill PA. Blairstown = the middle of nowhere. I'm sure the Hackettstown CAGS will attest to that.[/QUOTE]

FAIL. badgerguy mentioned this over 4 hours before Bezerker did. Look on the first page a few posts from the OP.

Anyways, i sure hope gamestop does this. Could make a good profit flipping to amazon, since i am trying to get rid of some of my GS credit.

For some reason the Gamestop at the mall nearest me has been running the buy 2 get 1 free deal for a few months constantly now. It's only that Gamestop as well out of the 6 or so that are in pretty close distance from me.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']No one is debating where it was filmed, just where it was supposed to take place.[/QUOTE]

LOL, i know. I'm the one that originally said I wouldn't go to Crystal Lake and people actually found a way to disagree and argue about it. I don't care where it was filmed. I'll just never set foot in a place called Crystal Lake because I've seen too many horror movies. I don't care if it's Crystal Lake, Australia; I'm still not going. I don't care if they name a store in the mall "Crystal Lake," where they sell crystals and lakes. I won't set foot in that mall. Period.

I apologize for ruining this thread with this bullcrap. I sincerely do hope that this thread is a sign of a nationwide GS B2G1 on the horizon. :)

[quote name='Access_Denied']Wow, never met another person from Waukegan on the internet. First time for everything I guess. :)

Also, the Gamestop in Champaign isn't doing this is far as I know. Although I wish they were. :([/QUOTE]
Illinois all up in this mofo! lol

I used to live in Champaign, but I'm going to ISU in Normal now.

[quote name='theb1rdm4n']FAIL. badgerguy mentioned this over 4 hours before Bezerker did. Look on the first page a few posts from the OP.
[/QUOTE]

Wow...'Fail' ...in all capital letters even. My apologies for not giving badgerguy the proper credit and also my deepest apologies to the thread police.

well played sir

bread's done
Back