Photo
- - - - -

GS Weekly Ad 10/16-10/22 w/ coup: Extra 30% Trade-in Credit on any 360 Game (Limit 2)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
78 replies to this topic

#31 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2009 - 12:51 AM

Anyone bitching about this coupon needs to get real. It is not like this is out of the blue here. I mean hell, this was in the pattern and we all saw it coming.

It is startingt to seem like JP's weekly update which some people actually look forward to getting has become a place for the regular GS haters to come and piss, whine and bitch. Seriously, JP does us a favor with getting us this info early so rather than the "OMGWTFZORZ GS SUX ASS" posts every single week, either just say thanks for the heads up or move along and say nothing. Just my 2 cents worth. Flame on.

Seriously. Take two seconds from your ranting about how much GS sucks and at least thank jp for posting this stuff early for us. And you're right that we see a lot of the same people saying the same thing for every coupon, so it seems like it's just an excuse for certain people who dislike GS to complain.

#32 poker360

poker360

The AWD Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2009 - 01:04 AM

Seriously. Take two seconds from your ranting about how much GS sucks and at least thank jp for posting this stuff early for us. And you're right that we see a lot of the same people saying the same thing for every coupon, so it seems like it's just an excuse for certain people who dislike GS to complain.

If jp gets tired of everyones bitching, i can be the new GS weekly ad poster /coupon on thursdays!.. THEN I CAN get bitched at!!!

splintercelll.jpg
Check out the Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread!
fss.png

#33 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 16 October 2009 - 02:11 AM

they arent bitching at the thread starter guys, they're just complaining about the coupon, which I agree is annoying and counter-productive probably, but it does knock the thread up every time one of them complains in here, so in that case they're helping more people see this thread with the "crappy deals".

I actually might use this coupon, and thanks for the early heads up on the yet again crappy used deals of the week though, won't have to check for those now... seriously when's the last time they had a good used deal of the week? I used to look forward to those games.

#34 KarlMarx

KarlMarx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2009 - 02:23 AM

We aren't bitching at the thread starter, we are bitching that the coupon isn't the one we want. While some of us won't have use for this week's coupon, it's pretty useful to those who have some recent xbox 360 games to trade in.
Posted Image

#35 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2009 - 03:18 AM

If jp gets tired of everyones bitching, i can be the new GS weekly ad poster /coupon on thursdays!.. THEN I CAN get bitched at!!!

they arent bitching at the thread starter guys, they're just complaining about the coupon.

I don't think we suggested that they were complaining to jp. Nor would I think he cares what they are bitching about. I doubt he could possibly care less. He just likes helping out the community. We just think that, just once, instead of only complaining, some of these folks could simply drop jp a thanks. And again, like we said, it's often the same guys complaining, no matter what the coupon is. We get it. You hate GS.

#36 mercilessming

mercilessming

Call upon Dyzan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2009 - 03:56 AM

YEAH another save money or spend it else where week, 1 less customer for gamestop for the going on months now..... I think.......
Do you feel the need to prove you have Online Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder (a.k.a. The Grammar Nazi) ????

#37 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2009 - 04:00 AM

I'm not suprised with this coupon, but seriously go Fuck yourself gamestop. You lowered most of your used games between $2 $5. Woopdie freakin doo. There's nothing I want to buy anyway. I just hope this strategy of theirs makes them lose more revenue.

:-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P

#38 unknownthreat

unknownthreat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2009 - 04:22 AM

This coupon is great if you want to trade in odst. I might trade it in along with halo 3.

Halo 3:ODST-$30+.40%(edge)-$42
Halo 3- $15+.40%(edge)-$21

$63, thats one brand new game! =)

#39 10kdragon

10kdragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2009 - 04:48 AM

thank you jp for your hard work

#40 Organ Donor

Organ Donor

Watch his Bull Charge!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2009 - 05:00 AM

Damn crappy coupons... Thanks for the ad, jp.

#41 J7.

J7.

Posted 16 October 2009 - 05:23 AM

It would be nice if they did a B2G1 sometime before MW2 hits, but maybe we won't see it until Thanksgiving. I wonder how their inventory is with all these other trade in places showing up over the past year (Amazon, TRU, Walmart, BBY, etc). Maybe a B2G1 ~Nov 20-22 & that one at Xmas time.

Did the $2-$5 drop on used games occur at stores and was not just an online deal?

#42 Xerxes

Xerxes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2009 - 05:31 AM

Only worth it if the base TIV for your game is $15 or more. Otherwise stick with the 4/$20 promo.

Hmmm, is there a online site to get TIV for them or no? Judging by the TRU site I can get about $15 for about 2 of the games I was looking to of load. I still have another stack of about $5 I planned to stack up.

I mean if they don't have anything, and I go, and the deal just isn't working for me... TRU is like walking distance. :booty:

#43 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2009 - 05:38 AM

There is a thread for GameStop TIVs.

#44 emg28

emg28

esteeohpee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2009 - 06:59 AM

I remember when I use to look forward to the weekly GS coupon. : /

#45 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 16 October 2009 - 08:36 AM

I don't think we suggested that they were complaining to jp. Nor would I think he cares what they are bitching about. I doubt he could possibly care less. He just likes helping out the community. We just think that, just once, instead of only complaining, some of these folks could simply drop jp a thanks. And again, like we said, it's often the same guys complaining, no matter what the coupon is. We get it. You hate GS.

Yeah I'm sure he doesn't care either, and I do agree, the GS haters are quite annoying.

Edited by iNFiNiTE HORiZON, 16 October 2009 - 02:37 PM.

#46 ScottsUSERID

ScottsUSERID

Posted 16 October 2009 - 09:09 AM

Yeah I'm sure he doesn't care either, and I do agree, the GS haters are quite annoying. Similar in ways to WalMart haters. lmao

Ya i love the gamestop haters. True their trade in amounts suck lately, but at least here in washington there isn't any other gamestore I can go to where the staff is nice and organized, informed, and treats you with a little respect. Every time I go to gamecrazy they hold the wrong game, treat me like a crook, or just plain flat out don't know their own promos (half of what the being treated like a crook is about.)

#47 awp

awp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2009 - 02:15 PM

Surprised to see a few others mentioning trading in ODST. I got it and haven't played it for more than an hour since (Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2 and Batman AA still taking my time). Think I'm getting burned out on the whole Halo thing. Might be trading that in towards MC2.

I'm assuming that you have to trade in the "bonus" disc wth all the MP content from Halo 3? That's the only thing that's holding me back a bit. If I can get the $30 trade-in value for the SP only, it's gone today.

#48 JP

JP

Member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 16 October 2009 - 02:33 PM

It was pretty much confirmed in the TIV thread that you have to give up both discs.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#49 freshzen

freshzen

Posted 16 October 2009 - 02:41 PM

Even the least knowledgeable Game Stop employee is going to know ODST is 2 discs.

Speaking of which has anyone on the east coast traded in ODST yet? I just got a spare one yesterday and I'll to trade in if I can get $42 credit.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#50 awp

awp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2009 - 03:54 PM

Even the least knowledgeable Game Stop employee is going to know ODST is 2 discs.

Speaking of which has anyone on the east coast traded in ODST yet? I just got a spare one yesterday and I'll to trade in if I can get $42 credit.

Yes, I know that most will know that ODST comes with 2 discs. But sometimes, if the second disc is considered a "bonus" disc, then they don't always require it. The main game itself IS one disc. I always had understood that the second disc was considered a bonus ...even though that is what makes the game worthy of its $59.99 price tag especially if you don't have Halo 3.

Well, that makes my decision tougher. I'm not a major online gamer when it comes to Halo vs. something like MC. And frankly, from what I've played, I can't get into the single player all that much. However, if I do play Halo 3 MP, it's nice to have all the maps. I honestly think I'll get more enjoyment overall from MC2. Decisions, decisions.

#51 schuerm26

schuerm26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2009 - 04:20 PM

I just called Gamestop and the Fallout 3 GOTY edition only gets $20 stinkin dollars trade in. That's a joke. Was hoping for $30 to get $42 back and not worry about shipping. Off to Amazon with it.

#52 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2009 - 06:11 PM

That's an awful TIV for a new game that retails for $60. They probably know, though, that they are gonna have a hard time making money off of it. People are gonna constantly "rent" it for the disc with the DLC.

#53 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 16 October 2009 - 11:13 PM

Anyone bitching about this coupon needs to get real. It is not like this is out of the blue here. I mean hell, this was in the pattern and we all saw it coming.

It is startingt to seem like JP's weekly update which some people actually look forward to getting has become a place for the regular GS haters to come and piss, whine and bitch. Seriously, JP does us a favor with getting us this info early so rather than the "OMGWTFZORZ GS SUX ASS" posts every single week, either just say thanks for the heads up or move along and say nothing. Just my 2 cents worth. Flame on.

I would have commented on all this earlier, but I truly don't read through my weekly ad threads that much. Once I post it complete, I may glance at it when I see a new post but I rarely actually read it for substance. Mainly looking for words like price is wrong or something like that. I know there are a lot of GameStop haters around CAG and some of them have legitimate beefs with the place. I just look at it as these are forums and it's people just venting. Nothing major. As someone else said, the bitching brings it back up to the front page every so often. Keeping my name up near the top of the deals page is always a plus. I do like to help out the community which is why I do this thread and the TIV thread. I would like to say thanks to all the people who do drop thanks or even just bump the thread. Also big ups to the people who seem to defend me every so often in these weekly ad threads. I appreciate it, makes me feel all sorts of special.

It is funny though, with doing those two threads there are a number of people that think I work for GameStop, but I don't at all. Just kind off funny really. Also, what else is funny is that the weekly ad just arrived in my email.

all-banner.jpg

#54 dchrisd

dchrisd

F.U. Rosalina! ~ Daisy <3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2009 - 02:04 AM

Is there a minimum game value on the 30% bonus coupon? For example, the trade 4 get an extra $20 promo had a $2 per game minimum value.

#55 schuerm26

schuerm26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2009 - 02:30 AM

Is there a minimum game value on the 30% bonus coupon? For example, the trade 4 get an extra $20 promo had a $2 per game minimum value.

I would doubt it. For a game like Sega Supertars Tennis you are probably getting 25 cents or so. I highly doubt if Gamestop cares about the extra 40% you would get off that.

#56 SMITTYBLAZE

SMITTYBLAZE

Posted 17 October 2009 - 02:34 AM

Can anyone tell me the TIV for Legends of Wrestlemania for X360? Thank you. I don't know where the TIV list is.

#57 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 17 October 2009 - 02:36 AM

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=235586

all-banner.jpg

#58 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2009 - 02:40 AM

That's an awful TIV for a new game that retails for $60. They probably know, though, that they are gonna have a hard time making money off of it. People are gonna constantly "rent" it for the disc with the DLC.

Do you know if it works with the PS3 version as well? I know it works with the 360.

#59 SMITTYBLAZE

SMITTYBLAZE

Posted 17 October 2009 - 02:49 AM

THANKS!! I didn't expect it to be that much!

#60 speedrunner17

speedrunner17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2009 - 03:27 AM

I'll probably play ODST tonight and a little tomorrow and trade it in on Sunday. BTW anyone else notice that used games dropped to $50?