Gamestop PS3/360 Resident Evil 5 Collector's Edition $39.99 NEW

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 lukewin

lukewin

UNC Class of '03

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:55 AM

Was at a local Gamestop earlier and noticed that new versions of Resident Evil 5 Collector's Edition were $39.99. Don't think they were mistagged because the labels said Collector's Edition. Going for around $60+ on ebay for new copies, it looks like. Would grab a couple to flip, but that's only a 150% return on investment, at most, after fees, not worth it to me for an initial $40.
Trade List, Getting rid of a bunch of PS1 RGPs, will take Amazon, Best Buy or Gamestop credit as payment
http://www.cheapassg...d.php?p=9026552

#2 TheAggroCraig

TheAggroCraig

Posted 20 October 2009 - 02:48 AM

The MSRP for the game dropped to $40, which includes leftover Collectors Editions.

Posted Image

(Ex: Buy/Half/DeepDiscount/Gamestop.com/etc)

#3 Estebon

Estebon

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:03 AM

So it would be $40 @ BB with no pricematch?

#4 iPhone

iPhone

Forward thinking.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:47 AM

How unfortunate. I bought one just last week at $60 with store credit. Has anyone had any experience getting the price adjusted or returning and rebuying at Gamestop?

#5 RolePlayer

RolePlayer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2009 - 12:51 PM

The Gamestop site doesn't list the collector's edition anymore but if you go to the Barnes & Noble site, they have it. I think Gamestop fulfills their game orders. I gave it a shot.

Collection: Library of Role

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:04 PM

What is extra in the collector's edition? The Barnes & Noble site doesn't say anything about it.

Crunchewy.png

#7 scarletriptide

scarletriptide

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:13 PM

How unfortunate. I bought one just last week at $60 with store credit. Has anyone had any experience getting the price adjusted or returning and rebuying at Gamestop?

I think they will if it's within a week or two. I did the same thing with the LoTRO CE

#8 dskillzhtown

dskillzhtown

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:15 PM

What is extra in the collector's edition? The Barnes & Noble site doesn't say anything about it.

Here is the content of th CE: http://www.cagcast.c...ad.php?t=192599

#9 deangrazy

deangrazy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2009 - 02:06 PM

The Gamestop site doesn't list the collector's edition anymore but if you go to the Barnes & Noble site, they have it. I think Gamestop fulfills their game orders. I gave it a shot.

I like Gamestop fulfilling their orders because they are very prompt about shipping on time.
CheapGamerForSure!Posted Image

#10 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 20 October 2009 - 02:42 PM

every gamestop gets an extra 2 or 3 CE's

#11 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 20 October 2009 - 02:56 PM

Tempted to order from barnes and noble but i have a feeling i should be able to get just the steelbook in great shape for $20 one day and the rest of the crap is garbage
Posted Image

#12 BarrettSan

BarrettSan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2009 - 03:35 PM

Thanks I'll pass though... isn't a new version of RE5 coming out this spring?

#13 postulio

postulio

member since 2004

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2009 - 05:43 PM

i bit. it has become evident that capcom's CEs are bullshit. they make so many and they drop in price so fast.

i didnt have RE5 yet anyway, now i do. thinking if i should open it or wait for that other release. anyone know what the rerelease contains?

#14 Nebenator

Nebenator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2009 - 05:49 PM

With $40 MSRP I can't wait until it gets on sale.

#15 360maniac_com

360maniac_com

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2009 - 05:58 PM

Hmm not bad, $20 from Gamefly or $40 New C.E.
Find cheap xbox 360 games at 360maniac.com.

#16 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2009 - 07:03 PM

Possible new PS3 version with new controller release here in US next year ;)
"Evil is Funs"

#17 UjnHunter

UjnHunter

Posted 20 October 2009 - 07:37 PM

dope man... just bought the xbox 360 CE from B&N!
-Ujn Hunter
Posted Image

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
PS3: Dead Or Alive 5
PSP Vita: Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
Wii U: Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper
iOS: After Burner Climax

#18 J7.

J7.

Posted 25 October 2009 - 12:07 AM

B&N won't let you use Edge to pay or any promos, no sale. Is the CE $40 price confirmed at any other stores besides GS? Should probably just wait for the Alternative Edition.

#19 FactionG

FactionG

Too many backlog games!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2009 - 12:11 AM

I'm rather tired of b&m gs selling games newsed... One I went to was trying to sell me beat up boxed ps3 version and tried to tell me $39.99 price is for the store demos only...

#20 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2009 - 12:40 AM

Possible new PS3 version with new controller release here in US next year ;)

Yeah I'm waiting for that one since it adds additional content to the game, or importing it if not released here.

#21 ItsaMeMario

ItsaMeMario

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2009 - 01:41 AM

Yeah I'm waiting for that one since it adds additional content to the game, or importing it if not released here.

same here... I assume they're releasing it here... would be a dumb move on Sony's part to NOT encourage Capcom to rerelease a big game like RE5 to sell more controllers...

on the other hand... i think it'd be kind of awkward holding a DS3 in the left hand...the wii nunchuck was designed to be held with one hand, but it seems like it'd get kind of tiring to hold the DS3 with one hand the whole time...

I hope they (but assume they won't) keep the default controls as an option in the rerelease version...