Black Friday Gaming Deals 2009

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2182 replies to this topic

#31 integralsmatic

integralsmatic

Everyday should be Harvey Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2009 - 05:00 PM

Same here for me. I managed to get great deals with Best Buy online and Amazon online between Turkey Day and Black Friday, plus some others throughout the weekend with Amazon.

It's just not worth risking life and limb for some savings.

thirded on this.

Im going to be too stuffed and too sleepy from food comas. I got all the stuff i wanted last year online and hopefully the same begs for this year.
Posted Image
Signature by Banshee350
Avatar(or Bust shot) done by Jeffery "CHAMBA" Cruz
R.I.P Nujabes aka Jun Seba (1974-2010) Another great musical mind ripped from our hands.
R.I.P Pat Carlucci- Rest easy my friend. You're with all of us in our hearts.

#32 sergioalb64

sergioalb64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2009 - 05:05 PM

Can't wait for Black Friday insane online game shopping! Last year Amazon had a ton of great prices; this year I'm saving even more for the sales!
[=[_]=]
[+[_]+]
sergioalb64
The #1 DS Fan

#33 DirkBelig

DirkBelig

The Belligerent One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2009 - 05:13 PM

Last year, I bought all the DVDs and Blu-rays I wanted on Thanksgiving from Amazon when they PMed Beast Buy's and other ads, thus saving me from having to go out in the cold and dark, though I did go to Staple's, a mile from my g/f's house to get a few things. Went out in mid-afternoon and made Walmart match Game Crazy and Radio Shack ads for serious savings. I'm hoping to do this again this year.

133994.png DirkBelig.png5fbfd2ddbe4d9137.png DirkBelig.png

#34 filanime03

filanime03

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2009 - 05:18 PM

Amazon was a beast last year there's no need to line up to any stores this time.

#35 the_punisher

the_punisher

Dare enter the metro.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2009 - 05:22 PM

Last year, I bought all the DVDs and Blu-rays I wanted on Thanksgiving from Amazon when they PMed Beast Buy's and other ads, thus saving me from having to go out in the cold and dark, though I did go to Staple's, a mile from my g/f's house to get a few things. Went out in mid-afternoon and made Walmart match Game Crazy and Radio Shack ads for serious savings. I'm hoping to do this again this year.

BEAST BUY :whee:

Money comes and goes, but deals don't last forever ;)

If anime was mainstream, would it be as satisfying?

#36 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2009 - 05:22 PM

Saved for future reference thanks!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#37 Terry_Maganas

Terry_Maganas

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2009 - 05:23 PM

How did u get AMAZON to PRICEMATCH BEST BUY guy!?

#38 bobright

bobright

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2009 - 05:26 PM

Didnt get in on the Amazon black friday last year, what types of deals were offered?

#39 Plankfan

Plankfan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2009 - 05:50 PM

This year is gonna be fun...

#40 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2009 - 05:57 PM

How did u get AMAZON to PRICEMATCH BEST BUY guy!?

Amazon usually price matches competitors all on their own to stay ultra competitive. They did a pretty good job of price matching Best Buy and Target and some other retailers B&M's last year when it came to video games and DVDs.

#41 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2009 - 06:02 PM

Probably the only time I miss Circuit City. They had some great BF deals at times. Good memories too.

#42 Runch

Runch

Responsibly Reckless

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2009 - 06:06 PM

Yea, might wanna take Circuit City out of the OP. Chances are they won't be having any Black Friday deals this year... ;)
Posted Image

#43 pladman

pladman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2009 - 06:07 PM

PLAY N TRADE is also having a black friday ad, i'll post its own thread

#44 pladman

pladman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2009 - 06:20 PM

www.playntrade.com to find a store near you, these guys are great, way better than gamestop
here are the deals on their black friday ad sorted by console...i'll post a link to the ad when one becomes available

NOTE: EACH PLAY N TRADE IS INDEPENDENTLY OWNED AND OPERATED...SO THE STORE NEAR YOU WILL HAVE ITS OWN SPECIALS AND DISCOUNTS, THIS IS FROM THE NATIONAL AD THAT CORPORATE PUTS OUT, CALL YOUR LOCAL STORE FOR ADDITIONAL SPECIALS GOING ON AT THAT LOCATION

Wii
used console: 149.99
Guitar hero metallica save $15
cabelas big game hunter 2010 save $15
ice age dawn of the dinosaurs save $15
Rapala we fish save $15
USED CONDUIT 29.99

ps3
used console (starting at) 249.99
madden 2010 save $15
guitar hero world tour (game) save $20
Monsters vs. aliens save $15
USED GHOSTBUSTERS 29.99

used console (starting at) 149.99
Dirt 2 save $20
Prototype save $15
wolfenstein save $15
guiar hero smash hits save $15
transformers revenge of the fallen save $5
USED COD 4 29.99
USED ARKHAM ASYLUM 29.99

free progamer headset w/ $100 purchase (excluding console)

PSP
USED CONSOLE 99.99 (2000/3000)
DISSIDIA SAVE $10

NINTENDO DS
USED DSI 99.99
KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 DAYS SAVE $10
MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE 2 SAVE $5

WWW.PLAYNTRADE.COM
CEHCK YOUR LOCAL STORE FOR ADDITIONAL PROMOTIONS LIKE BUY 1 GET ONE 50% OFF USED GAMES, BUY 1 GET 1 FREE (MY LOCAL STORE DID BOTH THOSE LAST YEAR)

#45 jeffpm

jeffpm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2009 - 06:27 PM

Didnt get in on the Amazon black friday last year, what types of deals were offered?

cheap ass games

#46 caltab

caltab

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2009 - 06:29 PM

Yea, might wanna take Circuit City out of the OP. Chances are they won't be having any Black Friday deals this year... ;)

there is still a circuit city website, tigerdirect bought it. So yes, they will be having black friday deals.

#47 flount

flount

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2009 - 06:31 PM

Please put the exact November date of Black Friday in the OP and perhaps the title; I'm too lazy to look it up.

#48 integralsmatic

integralsmatic

Everyday should be Harvey Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2009 - 06:35 PM

Please put the exact November date of Black Friday in the OP and perhaps the title; I'm too lazy to look it up.

day after thanksgiving. Nov 27.
Posted Image
Signature by Banshee350
Avatar(or Bust shot) done by Jeffery "CHAMBA" Cruz
R.I.P Nujabes aka Jun Seba (1974-2010) Another great musical mind ripped from our hands.
R.I.P Pat Carlucci- Rest easy my friend. You're with all of us in our hearts.

#49 Nyxaz

Nyxaz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2009 - 06:37 PM

Probably the only time I miss Circuit City. They had some great BF deals at times. Good memories too.

Yeah that's where I got my Legend of Zelda Triforce DS Lite. It was $10 or $20 (I forget now) cheaper than everywhere else. But that was such a crazy morning. Letting people in like 5 or 10 at a time as other people came out, so not to break fire code of too many people in the building. Madness. :roll:

Something will have to be extremely cheap for me to go through that again.

#50 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2009 - 06:42 PM

I'll try Online but going to an actual B&M to be surrounded by fucking idiots? No fucking thank you.

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#51 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2009 - 06:44 PM

PLAY N TRADE is also having a black friday ad, i'll post its own thread

We don't need lots of threads for every vendor. Your thread has been merged into this one.

#52 Traitorious

Traitorious

Shunts to the face

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2009 - 06:59 PM

Man, I hope Amazon goes absolutely insane like they did last year. I dunno if the economy has come back enough for B&M stores to get back to 2005-2007 Black Friday craziness.

#53 bluehat9

bluehat9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:19 PM

I gave up going to stores a couple years ago when I saw people sitting outside of Best Buy on the Wednesday morning before black friday.

#54 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:25 PM

Not great, but not too bad. Play N Trade is small and as such will not have earthshattering deals. But I expect the goods from Worst Buy this year, for an entire year of money-munching, terrible "deals". Same goes for Gamestop, and their terrible deals and coupons.

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#55 Knowles360

Knowles360

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:33 PM

I'm keepin' an eye out on Best Buy, Gamestop, Amazon, etc. for a B2G1 so I can complete the trifecta of 360 FPS's this holiday season:

L4D2
CoD:MW2
H3:ODST

#56 wwe101

wwe101

waiting for hitman 5

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:33 PM

im dying to see the best buy ad
Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.
Mark Twain

http://t2.gstatic.co...8ymsP7Xj6V0L8o=

#57 GDKN-403

GDKN-403

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2009 - 08:15 PM

Some good ones I recall:

-Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection for $15
-No More Heroes for $15
-Animal Crossing for $30
-Animal Crossing w/Wii Speak for $40
-Shadow of the Colossus for $10
-Katamari Damacy for $5

And what turned out to be the greatest deal, IMO: Persona 3 FES with artbook and soundtrack CD for $20.

Many of the deals lasted through the whole weekend, and one or two of them may have been on other days around that time but not specifically Black Friday. It's hard to remember, there was a lot of good stuff.

#58 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 22 October 2009 - 08:18 PM

I hope this isn't asking too much from the OP but can you include PC parts as they are added? Graphics card, CPU's etc. from places like Newegg, and I would be in your debt forever.

#59 Space Cowboy YGI

Space Cowboy YGI

Look at your man....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2009 - 08:38 PM

I'm not expecting too many great deals on games this year.

With CC closed, TRU gave GCs with almost every new release (which we ate up) and BB having Reward Zone discounts, Amazon's ridiculous credits and GC deals and all doing B2G1 free, those companies should be in pretty good shape for the year (and really don't need to slash game prices too bad to get us to buy them). Especially when so many titles like L4D2, MW2 and others are Day 1 purchases for gamers.

I expect the deals will be applied to other mediums (computers, tv, blu-rays, etc.). I think they might need to move some of that big plastic (RB, GH, DJH) taking up shelf space, so we might get some love there. I think our BF deals came early. I hope I'm wrong.

Edited by Space Cowboy YGI, 22 October 2009 - 10:20 PM.

Besides Star Trek, when it comes to movies, they're is no such thing as a "re-imagining." Run. It's only going to be a crappy remake.

#60 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2009 - 08:42 PM

I would think GC are the best strategy to keep us rolling them over and the stores getting repeat business.