Black Friday Gaming Deals 2009

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2182 replies to this topic

#61 testudo

testudo

Posted 22 October 2009 - 08:49 PM

i am ready

"I'm saving your future for a rainy day."
Check out the best gaming website in/for the world: sustainablegamers.tumblr.com

#62 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2009 - 09:57 PM

I'm hoping for a special edition DSi from Target. [I love my Zelda DS Lite that I got from Target!]

#63 highxflyer

highxflyer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2009 - 10:29 PM

I'm excited. I hope the deals are good this year but projections aren't hopeful. I hope the deals prove them wrong.

#64 Be3fJerky

Be3fJerky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2009 - 10:48 PM

Looking forward to the online deals this year, missed out on em last year.

#65 MacaqueOwnzU

MacaqueOwnzU

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2009 - 11:25 PM

Can't wait, got an extra $1,300 in grant money back to me and am saving up for BF. WOO HOO. Hopefully MW 2 will be a sale item but most likely not.

#66 Space Cowboy YGI

Space Cowboy YGI

Look at your man....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2009 - 01:59 AM

Can't wait, got an extra $1,300 in grant money back to me and am saving up for BF. WOO HOO. Hopefully MW 2 will be a sale item but most likely not.

If I remember correctly, BB had COD:WAW at $39.99 last year during the holidays, so anything's possible.
Besides Star Trek, when it comes to movies, they're is no such thing as a "re-imagining." Run. It's only going to be a crappy remake.

#67 NicaVic

NicaVic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2009 - 04:30 AM

If I remember correctly, BB had COD:WAW at $39.99 last year during the holidays, so anything's possible.

Why must you confuse me :bomb:, preorder MW2 at amazon and get $20 towards future purchase or wait for black friday to buy it. Damn you amazon, damn you...

#68 SMITTYBLAZE

SMITTYBLAZE

Posted 23 October 2009 - 04:40 AM

Modern Warfare and World at War cannot be compared. They're nothing of the same and can't be compared. If you want to compare MW2 and MW you can, but to compare to WaW is just assanine. It's a completely different game.

#69 LXL_Guy

LXL_Guy

Oathkeeper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2009 - 04:45 AM

Tagging for future reference. Surprised a sticky was up as soon as I got to the forums. Well nice to see initiative.

#70 guinaevere

guinaevere

plays well with others

• Super Moderators

Posted 23 October 2009 - 05:44 AM

Grant money for a video game?! What kind of grant is that, and where do we apply for our share?
gwensigol8.png

#71 integralsmatic

integralsmatic

Everyday should be Harvey Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2009 - 05:54 AM

Grant money for a video game?! What kind of grant is that, and where do we apply for our share?

i think that user means financial aid money.

edit:dunno if your were sarcastic or what not :)
Posted Image
Signature by Banshee350
Avatar(or Bust shot) done by Jeffery "CHAMBA" Cruz
R.I.P Nujabes aka Jun Seba (1974-2010) Another great musical mind ripped from our hands.
R.I.P Pat Carlucci- Rest easy my friend. You're with all of us in our hearts.

#72 SMITTYBLAZE

SMITTYBLAZE

Posted 23 October 2009 - 05:55 AM

It's grants and loans from college. Some people have scholarships, grants, and financial aid that gives them more money then what their tuition costs. Then they spend the money however they want.

I know my friend had the same thing. He was given a bunch of money to Barnes & Noble and he just bought games with it. I'm not sure if he was given straight cash, but I know he had a lot of money to B&N.

#73 emceelokey

emceelokey

The Human Weapon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2009 - 06:12 AM

Ahh, black friday. My favorite holiday of the year.

#74 fizzywix

fizzywix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2009 - 08:26 AM

I think I might try to finally pick up a wii this year

#75 LeonSKennedy

LeonSKennedy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2009 - 08:34 AM

I think I might try to finally pick up a wii this year

Already did myself. $25 Gift Card from Amazon was good enough for me. Not to mention I bought a ton of games for it with the ECA discount (no I did not stack).

#76 pwnthee

pwnthee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2009 - 08:49 AM

I stood in line for...a while...one black Friday. Best Buy, for a stupid portable DVD player (which I still have/use). I worked at a strip club, wasn't planning on going really, but it was about 5:15 am, I had a couple hundred bucks in cash from the night's work, figured "it's probably exaggerated" even though I had to park in the "Dick's" Parking lot, which was 3 parking lots away from Best Buy.

I walked in the door and people glared at me like I was trying to cut in line, lmao. Yes, the line started as soon as you walked in the door and went ALLLLLL the way around to the back of the store to this maze of crowd control ropes (whatever you call them), then zigzagged between the best buy appliances aisle. I stormed over to the portable dvd players, grabbed the one I wanted, got my ass in line, which in that 2 minute time period went from the front of the store to the middle of the store (b/c more people had gotten in line, it was bigger).

That was the first time I ever saw a refrigerator with a TV built into the front door. lmao, ultimate distaste right there imo.

Anyhow, yeah, I won't go through that crap just for a couple games. I've acquired a great deal of the games I'll be collecting before my year long sojourn to South Korea. The main ones left for me to grab are MGS4, Fable 2, Dead Space, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Uncharted, and maybe Ultimate Alliance 2. I know Demon's Souls will keep me preoccupied for a loooong time, and I still have 70 or so PS2 games, 20+ 360 games, and a small handful of PS3 games. Easily will get me through the year in Korea. Aye, no life, I know.
Billy Mitchell is better than you.

#77 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2009 - 12:51 PM

I stood in line for...a while...one black Friday. Best Buy, for a stupid portable DVD player (which I still have/use). I worked at a strip club, wasn't planning on going really, but it was about 5:15 am, I had a couple hundred bucks in cash from the night's work, figured "it's probably exaggerated" even though I had to park in the "Dick's" Parking lot, which was 3 parking lots away from Best Buy.

I walked in the door and people glared at me like I was trying to cut in line, lmao. Yes, the line started as soon as you walked in the door and went ALLLLLL the way around to the back of the store to this maze of crowd control ropes (whatever you call them), then zigzagged between the best buy appliances aisle. I stormed over to the portable dvd players, grabbed the one I wanted, got my ass in line, which in that 2 minute time period went from the front of the store to the middle of the store (b/c more people had gotten in line, it was bigger).

That was the first time I ever saw a refrigerator with a TV built into the front door. lmao, ultimate distaste right there imo.

Anyhow, yeah, I won't go through that crap just for a couple games. I've acquired a great deal of the games I'll be collecting before my year long sojourn to South Korea. The main ones left for me to grab are MGS4, Fable 2, Dead Space, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Uncharted, and maybe Ultimate Alliance 2. I know Demon's Souls will keep me preoccupied for a loooong time, and I still have 70 or so PS2 games, 20+ 360 games, and a small handful of PS3 games. Easily will get me through the year in Korea. Aye, no life, I know.

Do note you can easily get in on all Game/Movies/small electronics deals for Black Friday on each companies website. This is what I have been doing for a couple years now to avoid the lines. Heck, even alot of the big doorbusters show up online now a days.

As for Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2/World at War comparison... Amazon had World at War on sale for 49.99 for Black Friday last year... that is only 10 dollars off... current deals give you 20 GC... you do the math. If you are planning on buying MW2, just go ahead and get in on one of the release date deals.

#78 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 23 October 2009 - 12:56 PM

Do note you can easily get in on all Game/Movies/small electronics deals for Black Friday on each companies website. This is what I have been doing for a couple years now to avoid the lines. Heck, even alot of the big doorbusters show up online now a days.

As for Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2/World at War comparison... Amazon had World at War on sale for 49.99 for Black Friday last year... that is only 10 dollars off... current deals give you 20 GC... you do the math. If you are planning on buying MW2, just go ahead and get in on one of the release date deals.

I got W@W for 35 last year on BF so I'll be holding out.

#79 drktrpr1

drktrpr1

Total GearsHead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2009 - 01:49 PM

Hey I scored some serious in-store deals last year, like Dead Space for $30, which was a great deal back then. $10 Dead Rising too. I'll hold out deciding to go out to the stores or not.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#80 phear3d

phear3d

NorAm = Fraud

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2009 - 04:47 PM

This thread should be called "get ready to empty out your wallets"

jokes aside... I look forward to the never-ending amazon deals like in the previous years :)

#81 LeonSKennedy

LeonSKennedy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2009 - 07:29 PM

Hey I scored some serious in-store deals last year, like Dead Space for $30, which was a great deal back then. $10 Dead Rising too. I'll hold out deciding to go out to the stores or not.

Same here. However, I have such a huge backlog right now (including Bionic Commando for PS3 that I just bought at NewEgg.com for $16.99), that I wonder whether I'll even bother this year. Now I won't pass on $10 PS3 games (COD4 would be worth that even though I own the PC version), but otherwise have bought my fair share already (Amazon and Toys R Us B2G1 Free; Nintendo Wii with $25 Store Credit from Amazon; etc.).

#82 Nebenator

Nebenator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2009 - 07:39 PM

Can you please put the content and deals for the stores in a spoiler tab; it will get inconvenient to scroll once more deals start coming in.

#83 scorpian5

scorpian5

Posted 23 October 2009 - 08:23 PM

I am doing the online only sales this year. If you can get into best buy and find what you want you still have to wait in line for ever. I did this for a tv a few years ago and the stupid thing was junk (it was there brand) and when i bought it the deal was you got a gift card worth so much it think it was $75 they took that off of my refund.

#84 matrix9280

matrix9280

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2009 - 10:13 PM

There has been mention of Arkham Asylum going for half price at Office Depot. Is it true or B.S?

#85 Grinchy

Grinchy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2009 - 10:54 PM

Black Friday is the reason I haven't jumped on the Buy2Get1 deals. I can't freakin wait!!

#86 Nebenator

Nebenator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2009 - 10:57 PM

^same

#87 JrHu92

JrHu92

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2009 - 11:24 PM

It's almost been a year since I've been on here :)

the only reason I signed up was to view the BF list last year.. I thought I would never come back here after BF 2008 but I was wrong lol

#88 SMITTYBLAZE

SMITTYBLAZE

Posted 24 October 2009 - 12:56 AM

Considering you said what you bought her was garbage, I think I know why she didn't get you anything.

#89 Pixel Scuba

Pixel Scuba

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2009 - 01:09 AM

Inside word at RadioShack is that The XBox Elite (Need to see if it's the holiday bundle or not), will have a $50 rebate... so you'll be able to pick it up for $249.99.

#90 cdeener

cdeener

Love Those Price Drops!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2009 - 01:22 AM

I am doing the online only sales this year. If you can get into best buy and find what you want you still have to wait in line for ever. I did this for a tv a few years ago and the stupid thing was junk (it was there brand) and when i bought it the deal was you got a gift card worth so much it think it was $75 they took that off of my refund.

It depends on what you are looking for cause I went around 10 am last year and there wasn't any line at all.
Never settle for full price unless you have no other choice. ;)