Dead Space, GRID, Damnation, Rise of the Argonauts: $20 new\$18 used @ Gamestop!

The new prices had already dropped to $20, but the online used prices finally caught up. At least for Dead Space, that is. Noticed a few other "catch ups", such as the online price for Call of Juarez:Bound in Blood dropping below the new price of $40.

Yeah I noticed the Dead Space drop to 18 in-store yesterday for PS3 and 360. ALMOST bit b/c I really want that game already, but being a good CAG, I waited. Holding out for the 20% coupon or maybe B2G1 IF there's 3 games I want badly enough for 30%+ percent off each. I really thought Fable 2 would've been about $20 used now.

argonauts is good. kinda like god of war mixed with mass effect. just not quite as good as both of those games, though. It was overlooked last holiday. its a very solid game. some bugs, but nothing terrible.

[quote name='Duncanzits']not good deals at all... should have found most if not all of these clearanced at other stores for $10-$15[/QUOTE]

Considering that I got other games for $8 and under and traded them in for $15+, buying these games during a B2G1 with trade in credit is a good deal. It'd be like buying them on clearance for five bucks, if you played your cards right.

[quote name='Duncanzits']not good deals at all... should have found most if not all of these clearanced at other stores for $10-$15[/QUOTE]
its a good deal if you couldn't find these on clearance. Stores around me usually sell out their clearance section the minute the game hits 30 bucks.

Grid for $20 is such a steal, it's a shame however there is no trophy support for it on PS3, but still an amazing racing game.

I bought Dead Space from Best Buy a couple weeks ago and it's easily worth more than $20.

In case anyone is looking to save a few bucks, ROTA on the PC also dropped in price down to $9.99. I picked up a copy for a friend who does not have a 360.

[quote name='perdition(troy']Rise of the Argonauts any good?

I haven't really heard much about it.[/QUOTE]

I highly recommend it. I got really into it when I played it.

Oh damn. Can't wait for a B2G1 or a 20% off PS3/360 coupon.

I seriously never step inside GameStop unless I have a coupon in hand. When they do release a good one, I'm at one everyday. :lol:

I had Rise Of The Argonauts last year just a little bit after it came out(Christmas present) and it's an ok game, but it's definitely got some issues.

There are some somewhat noticable framerate hiccups when you're running full tilt. All of a sudden it'll look like you hit someone/something and the framerate will drop by half. The voice acting is also pretty atrocious in this game(not Ron Perlman as Conan bad, but close sometimes) and unfortunately there is ALOT of yappity yap as compared to the action sequences.

But probably the WORST thing I thought was wrong with the game was that there was no mini map on-screen.

I traded it about 2-3 months after getting it as a present without even a second thought. Once it drops to $10 or under used I might consider it again, but it's definitely not worth $20 imo.

Gamespot hit the nail on the head with their review(PS3 review): http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/rpg/ris...vert&om_clk=gssummary&tag=summary;read-review

Damnation isn't worth $2 much less $20 or $18. Please don't think, "Ït can't be that bad." It isn't even worth finding out how bad it is for a laugh. Luckily I just got it through Gamefly, I drove to the post office so I could mail it back the same day.

Dead Space is a blast, though if you're looking for a freaky 3FPS.

bread's done
Back