count down till the end of CAGcast

DannyMyBoy

CAG Veteran
I've been listening to the CAGcast for about two years and things seem to be going downhill. I've studied people for a long time and this will be my interpretation of whats been going on.

1. Wombat thinks he is a big part of CAG but Cheapy only thinks of him as a co-host.

2. Cheapy knows that the CAGcast listeners are ALREADY loyal fans and are not giving him new bussines, but Wombat thinks that CAGcast IS CAG.

3. Mrs. Shipwreck can't stand that Mr. Shipwreck is being "used" by Cheapy and hardly getting anything in return.

4. Now that the Podcast crazy is over CAG will not be likely be mentioned on other websites that will bring new custumers.

5. Wombat was worried that Mr. shipwreck will help Cheapy transition from Wombat/cheapy to a Mr. shipwreck/Cheapy if things got bad between them.

[quote name='DannyMyBoy']I've been listening to the CAGcast for about two years and things seem to be going downhill. I've studied people for a long time and this will be my interpretation of whats been going on.

1. Wombat thinks he is a big part of CAG but Cheapy only thinks of him as a co-host.

2. Cheapy knows that the CAGcast listeners are ALREADY loyal fans and are not giving him new bussines, but Wombat thinks that CAGcast IS CAG.

3. Mrs. Shipwreck can't stand that Mr. Shipwreck is being "used" by Cheapy and hardly getting anything in return.

4. Now that the Podcast crazy is over CAG will not be likely be mentioned on other websites that will bring new custumers.

5. Wombat was worried that Mr. shipwreck will help Cheapy transition from Wombat/cheapy to a Mr. shipwreck/Cheapy if things got bad between them.[/QUOTE]

My grandfather was given less then a week to live and was moved to a Hospice this week. Between seeing him after work and having other family in from out of town, there just wasn't time to do a show. (also Cheapy needed to eat an entire cow for youtube) We plan on recording on Sunday.

Also none of these "theories" are remotely true.

[quote name='Wombat']My grandfather was given less then a week to live and was moved to a Hospice this week. Between seeing him after work and having other family in from out of town, there just wasn't time to do a show. (also Cheapy needed to eat an entire cow for youtube) We plan on recording on Sunday.

Also none of these "theories" are remotely true.[/QUOTE]

WOW Wombat! REALLY...... REALLY! your going to use that card? Just joking, hope all will be well.

But I still stand by MY claims. Even if you and cheapy are faking this whole "you owe me. I don't need you relationship. I 100% know that Mrs. Shipwrech has no interest in doing a podcast.

If Wombat thinks CAGcast is CAG, he's right. If that podcast ever goes down, I will never come back here again. It's all about personality and the people behind the site and the fact its one of my favorite podcasts.

In DannyMyBoy's defense, those are astute observations. However, I think the severity of the problems has been greatly exaggerated.

I'm sure Mrs. Shipwreck sometimes wishes her husband spends more time cleaning the garage or whatever, rather than donate a bunch of time to a website he doesn't directly profit off of. Then again, my significant other ALWAYS wants me to to be cleaning the garage or whatever - no matter what I'm doing. I'm sure Wombat wishes he has a bigger role on the website, but this is indicative of Wombat's wish to have a bigger role in the industry in general. I'm sure Cheapy knows this podcast doesn't necessarily bring in a pile of cash (or page views), but he's probably just happy to be speaking English for 90 minutes, plus loves being recognized when he's state side.

There is probably a kernel of truth to each of your points, but to say that these are insurmountable objects rather than small considerations is most likely inaccurate. It sometimes bothers me how my buddies eat out of my fridge, but I love my friends, and refuse to end things over something so stupid. Same thing applies.

Wombat - That totally blows, man. My grandfather had a stroke three years ago and was dead within ten days. I was twenty-two. Count your blessings you've had a grandfather for so long, and that he was able to meet his great-granddaughter. In the mean time, take solice in the fact you are in our thoughts and hearts. Hope your extended family is supportive.

But seriously - if there's no podcast next week, then I'm convinced this whole website is sinking like the Titanic. ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Where the hell did number 3 come from? I can't think of anything from past shows to make anyone believe this was happening.

Actually his post are indeed somewhat true facts except overblown and filled with random things he made up for dramatic purposes I guess.

Anyways, I do think Cheapy should pay Wombat and even Shipwreck. They are part of the website and contributors. Its really kind of an asshole thing for cheapy not to give them anything just because cag would be almost the same level of success without them, people do come here for cheap games not Shipwrecks reviews or Wombat on the cagcast. Any other professional website would pay them though. Fun fact though, since moving out of the states I only come to cag to discuss the cagcast since the website is useless to me until I move back.

I actually think Cheapy has become much nicer to Wombat for a little over a year or so. Before that he was a total douche to him but its all cool. And I don't think the cagcast is ending anytime soon.

Doesn't Cheapy compensate Wombat and Shipwreck at Christmas. I think he gave them Gamefly subscriptions and I think a small stipend for the work they do for CAG.

[quote name='GIDoty']Doesn't Cheapy compensate Wombat and Shipwreck at Christmas. I think he gave them Gamefly subscriptions and I think a small stipend for the work they do for CAG.[/QUOTE]

I seem to recall Cheapy giving Wombat a PS3 for his Birthday, plus I recall Shipwreck got a better mic from Cheapy, not to mention a trip to E3.

But really, it's not any of our business how all this goes down. Cheapy isn't an asshole (at least not intentionally), and he seems to know he needs to grease the wheels every now and then. Specifics are between Cheapy and his podcast crew.

[quote name='sdp']
Anyways, I do think Cheapy should pay Wombat and even Shipwreck. They are part of the website and contributors. Its really kind of an asshole thing for cheapy not to give them anything just because cag would be almost the same level of success without them, people do come here for cheap games not Shipwrecks reviews or Wombat on the cagcast. Any other professional website would pay them though. Fun fact though, since moving out of the states I only come to cag to discuss the cagcast since the website is useless to me until I move back.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Sort of Cheapy D from some CAGcast']
[Discussing Wombat's job with UGO]
I'd be impressed if you lived off what I give you.[/quote]
Something like that, listen to the backlog of episodes.

[quote name='sdp']Fun fact though, since moving out of the states I only come to cag to discuss the cagcast since the website is useless to me until I move back.[/QUOTE]

If you're in the UK there's a UK version of the site. If not, you can check the deals for PlayAsia or anyone else that ships internationally, or just be a part of the community as a whole. It's really easy here to find a group of like-minded gamers to be friends with.

[quote name='kube00']n-n-n-noob hammer!

Sigh, grammar anyone?[/QUOTE]

my thoughts exactly. these "claims" as he calls them are nothing but unwarranted speculation. the show is still great and as entertaining as ever. though i originally started listening to the CAGcast for video game information, i now find myself thoroughly enjoying Cheapy and Wombat's rants much more. you guys have a great show here, but you probably didn't need a CAG newbie to reassure you. keep up the great work!

Look, who isn't jealous that Cheapy started an internet empire and in 6 short years has propelled himself to Internet Space Pimp status? Good for him.

Eh if they stop doing the podcast I'll be listening to the Wombatcast...comics...games..and other forms of nothingness...mmm

but I doubt they will ever come out...he's not only as hairy as a Wombat but he's as lazy -.-

bread's done
Back