Gamestop running their B2g1 next week

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
479 replies to this topic

#271 filanime03

filanime03

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2009 - 09:32 PM

If by thursday or friday that there's no sale of b2g1 on Gamestop this thread should be closed. This post has been here for over a week.

#272 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 02 November 2009 - 09:43 PM

If by thursday or friday that there's no sale of b2g1 on Gamestop this thread should be closed. This post has been here for over a week.

isn't that crazy how that work. last week the op says that next week there will be a b2g1 (which always starts thursday nights at 7pm), and now a week later there is still a thread. this place is just nuts i tell.

#273 daphatty

daphatty

VTEC Bitches!

• Super Moderators

Posted 02 November 2009 - 09:47 PM

Not sure why people have such a hard on for closing this thread. If we don't see a sale by the end of the week then I'll close it. For now, it stays.

Posted Image

#274 xGunCrazyx

xGunCrazyx

Posted 02 November 2009 - 10:04 PM

If the sale does come about, I'll probably try to grab a few copies of Forza 2 for me and my brother. I'm curious as to whether there would be any used copies of MW2 by the time this deal came out :-P
Posted Image

#275 bg2001

bg2001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2009 - 12:43 AM

Someone should be able to corroborate this by now. Anyone?

#276 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 03 November 2009 - 01:14 AM

if it makes you shut the Fuck up i can pretend to be a GS manager and confirm this.

#277 blissskr

blissskr

Come on Square

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2009 - 01:30 AM

The rise and fall of Gamestop b2g1 threads
Someone posts the thread
Lots of Im getting this.......
Lots of I asked they said no........
Lots of Op is a liar........
Lots of close this thread op is a liar........
Did I mention Im getting this........
Liar..........................
Then the day usually comes and confirmation if its happening and then comes
I got game a, b and c free........
Liar......oh wait sorry thanks op
lol
:cold:

#278 Purkeynator

Purkeynator

Cheap before it was cool

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2009 - 01:36 AM

you catch on fast

The rise and fall of Gamestop b2g1 threads
Someone posts the thread
Lots of I asked they said no........
Lots of Op is a liar........
Lots of close this thread op is a liar........
Did I mention Im getting this........
Liar..........................
Then the day usually comes and confirmation if its happening and then comes
I got game a, b and c free........
Liar......oh wait sorry thanks op
lol

trade list (mostly guides with a few boxes and manuals)
http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=44132

#279 killer9

killer9

Posted 03 November 2009 - 01:51 AM

Not sure why people have such a hard on for closing this thread. If we don't see a sale by the end of the week then I'll close it. For now, it stays.

kewl beans:D

GameFly is off the hook! Get 1 free month by using my link!

http://gamefly.tella...com/a/clk/dP7nv

#280 1NintendoFan

1NintendoFan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2009 - 06:34 AM

I went to two additional Gamestops, for a total of three since yesterday and both stores were not running the promotion. These stores has the typical promos going, but not the Buy 2 Get 1 Free.

So, I don't think any stores around me are going to have it, but I will keep watching and post if I find anything.

#281 hiccupleftovers

hiccupleftovers

Worst Poster on CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2009 - 06:46 AM

Where/Why the Fuck are all these people coming out of the wood work now? Shut the Fuck up. The OP has just done all of you a service in giving you advance notice.

#282 phantasyx

phantasyx

Posted 03 November 2009 - 07:13 PM

I'll check when I work tomorrow

#283 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 03 November 2009 - 07:39 PM

I went to two additional Gamestops, for a total of three since yesterday and both stores were not running the promotion. These stores has the typical promos going, but not the Buy 2 Get 1 Free.

So, I don't think any stores around me are going to have it, but I will keep watching and post if I find anything.

You wouldnt have seen it since these sales normally don't start until late thursday night when it goes live in the system and the employees start to put up the signage like an hour before the store closes. Stop going to stores until Late Thursday night or Friday. These sales don't run for a week, they are normally only until Sunday. Save your gas for now.
Posted Image

#284 Ye0ldmario

Ye0ldmario

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2009 - 08:25 PM

I'll ask the guy about it at mine in a while. Gonna head over.
Posted Image

#285 hobbie8046

hobbie8046

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2009 - 08:27 PM

Because this is the second week since it was opened and still no B2G1.

76561197983083270.png

#286 emg28

emg28

esteeohpee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2009 - 08:36 PM

Because this is the second week since it was opened and still no B2G1.

Last week, the OP said that the b2g1 would be next week. That means the sale will run this week. As has been previously stated, GS usually runs their sales Friday through Sunday (actually, starts late Thursday). So all complaints are invalid until Friday morning.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Games Beaten: 2012 2011 2010 2009

#287 1NintendoFan

1NintendoFan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2009 - 09:21 PM

You wouldnt have seen it since these sales normally don't start until late thursday night when it goes live in the system and the employees start to put up the signage like an hour before the store closes. Stop going to stores until Late Thursday night or Friday. These sales don't run for a week, they are normally only until Sunday. Save your gas for now.

I wasn't just driving to Gamestop to look for the Buy 2 Get 1 deal, I was checking a couple that were near where I was going for an SP and while I was there looked to see if they had anything going on. Based on the post I thought the sale might be for this week, not this past weekend and since I went on Sunday I thought I would just double check that they didn't start anything.

No worries though, I'm not wasting my gas :D But thanks for the info, good to know for the future!

#288 pwnthee

pwnthee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2009 - 09:35 PM

Yeah some people here are damn morons. Very poor reading comprehension skills.

Also, look at OP's previous posts...the OP correctly stated back in September before anybody else that there would be a B2G1 I think in the last week of September and it came to pass. This one may be right, too.
Billy Mitchell is better than you.

#289 starwar1

starwar1

Posted 03 November 2009 - 10:55 PM

Last week, the OP said that the b2g1 would be next week. That means the sale will run this week. As has been previously stated, GS usually runs their sales Friday through Sunday (actually, starts late Thursday). So all complaints are invalid until Friday morning.

And considering how out of the loop GS stores are and they never even find out until the day of the sale, it's still too soon to call OP a liar.

Or a truth teller, so don't be pissed if it doesn't happen. He has a good track record of success though...

#290 ultramanJ

ultramanJ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2009 - 10:58 PM

I expect the OP to be right on the money. Plan on getting a few PSP games.

#291 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2009 - 11:22 PM

Yeah some people here are damn morons. Very poor reading comprehension skills.

Also, look at OP's previous posts...the OP correctly stated back in September before anybody else that there would be a B2G1 I think in the last week of September and it came to pass. This one may be right, too.

This makes me feel better.

P.S. Billy Mitchell is not better than me, but I like that picture on your avatar because he looks just like Buddy Jesus from Dogma.:D

#292 stavros45

stavros45

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2009 - 12:25 AM

I don't get why people are complaining about closing the thread. Whether or not the guy is wrong, why do you keep coming back to read the thread? He clearly doesn't enough accurate info, so ignore it and, I don't know, wait until the freaking sale eventually happens, probably around Black Friday or something.

#293 Algertman

Algertman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2009 - 04:24 AM

I hope we get this soon. There is a GS near me that's by a Walmart. They usually have a nice selection a new games that are used because Walmart employees steal the games and take them there.

#294 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2009 - 04:56 AM

I wish they would do this a few weeks later. There really is nothing I want that I do not already have.

I may hop in on it if I can find a used Dragon Age, but other wise idk.

Either way, like always, thank you OP. And to all of the people that simply complain, chill out - most of the time the Managers barely know of it the day before the sale.

#295 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2009 - 05:00 AM

i think people check this thread because they are guessing there might be confirmation when the thread is constantly bumped

#296 Dragunz

Dragunz

I Like Pho.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2009 - 05:08 AM

Heres hoping for a used Borderlands + Dragon Age = Forza 3? Haha, one can dream.

Want to win a $25 Amazon GC AND get a FREE Xbox One? Click HERE

426575.png

The Super Awesum CAG Crew: killer9, blissskr, advanced, GenPirate, DarkRider23, rickyff7, LegendK7ll3r, and whoever I missed.

#297 Maestro

Maestro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2009 - 05:13 AM

updates are usually written in the thread title so I wouldn't worry about it

#298 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2009 - 05:20 AM

Nope, I'm worrying.

#299 gwetmore2345

gwetmore2345

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2009 - 05:27 AM

My Bro-in-law works as a Manager in Gamestop up in Mass and confirmed this deal will be valid. Not too many games I don't already have but may take a stroll down to see if anything attracts my interest..

#300 darkness12

darkness12

Posted 04 November 2009 - 06:31 AM

My Bro-in-law works as a Manager in Gamestop up in Mass and confirmed this deal will be valid. Not too many games I don't already have but may take a stroll down to see if anything attracts my interest..

so this deal is gonna be for real this weekend? my 360 comes in the mail tomorro and i REALLY wanna start playing some madden 10 asap... if i bought it tomorrow at gamestop it wouldn't be a big deal if i returned it and bought it again to go along with the b2g1 free deal would it?