Gamestop running their B2g1 next week

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
479 replies to this topic

#61 plutoknight

plutoknight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2009 - 10:22 PM

Hmm. I'll pick up um.........er...................

Ratchet and Clank PS3 (the first one)....

Oh hell. I'll find 3 games I'm sure, all the B2G1 sales lately have tempted me enough, I will have to bite on this!

#62 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2009 - 10:22 PM

Cool. I might pick up some PS2 and DS games. Maybe a few accesories.

Braving the pillow gauntlet.

Posted Image

#63 pwnthee

pwnthee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2009 - 10:32 PM

Glad I've been mostly patient. B2G1 can probably work for me on GS's used games.

So what day next week? Next Friday?
Billy Mitchell is better than you.

#64 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2009 - 10:42 PM

They will most likely have one for Thanksgiving weekend and probably one more before Christmas.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#65 Space Cowboy YGI

Space Cowboy YGI

Look at your man....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2009 - 10:51 PM

I've seen Borderlands used a few times down here in Maryland.

I have also. I think here's what's happening (because it happened to me):

With Borderlands, the game pre-order bonus card for the merc pack was packaged inside the game. The only difference between this and the "regular-no merc pack" was the little yellow circle on the front stating it was a GS exclusive.

The employees and/or manager didn't realize or didn't see it and mixed them up. It can easily be missed if you are just skimming through them to make sure you have the correct amount of copies. I was given a "regular-non merc pack" version and quickly called them out on it (even though they stated "it was inside the game"). After they opened the game on the spot and didn't see it, they called the Manager and looked through all their copies and found the pre-order (yellow circle) version. They gave me the new, sealed pre-order version and kept the "now opened" regular version.

I went back in last week and the guy I dealt with before explained to me they weren't the only ones that did this (it had happened quite a bit at various GS) and they had to put the game out as USED.

Be on the lookout for this also if L4D2 "in game baseball bat" card comes inside the packaging. You could either get ripped off (especially if you don't check for it "on the spot") or you could get lucky and score a brand new USED version the next day.

Edited by Space Cowboy YGI, 27 October 2009 - 11:01 PM.

Besides Star Trek, when it comes to movies, they're is no such thing as a "re-imagining." Run. It's only going to be a crappy remake.

#66 bcb4589

bcb4589

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2009 - 10:57 PM

Anyone see that every newer used game seems to be at 49.99 now instead of 54.99? Kind of cool if they keep it like that from now on.
[URL="http://www.giantbomb.com"][/URL]

#67 polishpride212

polishpride212

Buying High, Selling Low

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2009 - 11:02 PM

True. I don't think there'll be much chance of finding used Modern Warfare 2, though if they do a B2G1 after Thanksgiving, I bet there'll be a few used Assassin's Creed IIs floating around, thanks to "hardcore" types who played through the entire campaign on easy in one sitting.

Although you might find one game, I doubt you will find all three games in one store. Unless you buy two and return them to the store with the third, and then try to rebuy them.

#68 chadthechosen

chadthechosen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2009 - 11:06 PM

this is good news for me haven't had the cash to afford to many games since I was broke just basically picking up Ratchet on the ps3 this week.. so I'll have some more money this weekend and may end up picking up a few cheap ps3 games I was wanting to get for $20 and under a piece such as Bioshock, Mirror's Edge, and Sonic Unleashed.

#69 TortillaSoup

TortillaSoup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2009 - 11:46 PM

I hope they run one during thanksgiving. I am hoping to get

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
Dragon Age
Left 4 Dead 2

Keep dreaming.

#70 life.exe

life.exe

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2009 - 11:54 PM

Anyone see that every newer used game seems to be at 49.99 now instead of 54.99? Kind of cool if they keep it like that from now on.

Online only though, in store is still $55.

#71 Dr Mario Kart

Dr Mario Kart

SD/2D Defense Force

• CAGiversary!

They always run a B2G1 at least for Black Friday through Sunday. Its pretty much guaranteed. Also very likely to be one right after Christmas or very early in the new year.

#72 beard.

beard.

i hope i get fable III, mass effect II, and ncaa football 2020

#73 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 27 October 2009 - 11:56 PM

o good, just got some spending money for this month
Posted Image

#74 MrBeatdown

MrBeatdown

DumbAssGamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 12:01 AM

Dear God make it stop, make it stop! I can't handle any more deals.

#75 JAB5

JAB5

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 12:05 AM

Gamestop is a little late after Toys R Us, Amazon, and Best Buy. Thanks, but no thanks...I'll wait until Black Friday, I've already got a ton of games I have yet to finish.

#76 J7.

J7.

Posted 28 October 2009 - 12:16 AM

About time, while they were trying to stock up for this the retailers who have new games in stock all held their B2G1's. Poor GS.

#77 Despacio

Despacio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 12:18 AM

Time to stack up on PSP games, pretty disappointed Best buy excluded them from their B2G1 sale.

#78 Space Cowboy YGI

Space Cowboy YGI

Look at your man....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 12:26 AM

I believe it is too little too late for GS. They have seriously shot themselves in the foot for not having this before the "big boys". Most of us have picked up or pre-ordered the games we wanted already for the year.

The biggest question for me is do I spend this ridiculous amount of GS credit on a 250gb PS3 or do I wait until BB acquires them sometime next year and hopefully can use my GS credit there? I want to go ahead and pull the trigger on it, but the GS warranty is crap (1 year which runs concurrent with Sony's) compared to BB extended warranty (2-3 years).
Besides Star Trek, when it comes to movies, they're is no such thing as a "re-imagining." Run. It's only going to be a crappy remake.

#79 chuckywang

chuckywang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 12:27 AM

Once again GS is a day late and a dollar short.

#80 JrHu92

JrHu92

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 12:30 AM

The biggest question for me is do I spend this ridiculous amount of GS credit on a 250gb PS3 or do I wait until BB acquires them sometime next year (and hopefully can use my GS credit there)?

If you're going to be spending the same amount of money why wait? or if it's cheaper at BB then is the difference worth the wait?

#81 Free2game

Free2game

Posted 28 October 2009 - 12:31 AM

Is this for PC games too or just console ones?

#82 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 12:33 AM

This is the part of the show where I seek out the Fallout addon discs.

And return them two days later.

Cause I'm sick of seeing ghosts, and I know how it's all gonna end

There's no triumph waiting, there's no sunset to ride off in

We all want to be great men, there's nothing romantic about it

I just want to know that I did all I could with what I was given

I just want to sell out my funeral.

I just want to be enough for everyone.

#83 animemaniac14

animemaniac14

Do the Monkey w/Me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 12:33 AM

so is it NEXT week? or THIS weekend? im a bit confused O_o

Posted Image

[CDs=450] [DVDs=727] [VGs=434] [Books=183]

6% Cash back on BestBuy.com (can use for in-store pick up too!)!
http://www.topcashba...m/ref/cidsaijin

Spoiler

Spoiler

Free Gift Cards > Sex with a Blueshirt

#84 ktims777

ktims777

Posted 28 October 2009 - 12:36 AM

Id wait to plan on buying anything until further confirmation is made on this. I spoke with 3 managers today in the south fl market and none have heard about a b2g1 sale other than the usual black friday/weekend deal.

#85 pwnthee

pwnthee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 12:37 AM

Actually it COULD possibly be a good thing for us if you think about it. A few people will want to quickly beat their new B2G1 games and trade them into Gamestop, which then we can scoop up used in the GS B2G1 sale.
Billy Mitchell is better than you.

#86 TortillaSoup

TortillaSoup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 12:41 AM

This is the part of the show where I seek out the Fallout addon discs.

And return them two days later.

Then you don't need the sale at all, lol.

Btw, they should be at a few of the gamestops in Brea, seeing as I returned both add-on discs about a week ago here. :P

#87 Space Cowboy YGI

Space Cowboy YGI

Look at your man....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 12:42 AM

If you're going to be spending the same amount of money why wait? or if it's cheaper at BB then is the difference worth the wait?

The warranty is my only concern (and possibly a bundle Sony will do for the holidays. UK already has an U2 250gb bundle). Can you buy a new PS3 from GS then go online to Sony and extend the 1 year warranty?

#88 kofijamal

kofijamal

It is what it is.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 12:49 AM

I'm tapped. I only have coin for 3 more games, but kudos to those who take advantage of it.
Ok then, knuckle up.

#89 Ronzo

Ronzo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 12:50 AM

Gamestop isn't exactly "too late" here

their b2g1 sales are always on used, and it makes more sense to use this to pick up titles from a little bit back that may not cost so much now. Do something where you get a handful of 30-40 buck titles instead of spending 120 to get 3 just released ones

it's also good for DS games since the best buy b2g1 didn't include them

#90 unknownthreat

unknownthreat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 12:56 AM

Little too early for me. I hope they have one in december so I can get mw2,l4d2 and borderlands. Some people are hoping there is one on black friday so they can pick up the november releases like the ones I mentioned above but the chances of you finding those new release games used are very low and gs has to wait 14 days before they put up a used game on shelves. So we might as well wait until late December.

I might pick up some ps2 games.