Photo
- - - - -

Gamestop running their B2g1 next week

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
479 replies to this topic

#91 _k1_

_k1_

Posted 28 October 2009 - 12:58 AM

Is this for PC games too or just console ones?

It's for used games, and I don't think GS/EB have sold used PC games for years now.

--
:ps4: Wolfenstein| :ps3: DWGR | :360: nothing|  :vita: HN:PP| :pc: Random|  :3ds: ACNL,BD:FF| :ps2: nothing| :psp: nothing|  :wii: nothing 

#92 kklems

kklems

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 01:01 AM

Yeah been holding off on getting Batman and some other titles new because I figured this would be coming soon.

#93 Space Cowboy YGI

Space Cowboy YGI

Look at your man....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 01:02 AM

Gamestop isn't exactly "too late" here

their b2g1 sales are always on used, and it makes more sense to use this to pick up titles from a little bit back that may not cost so much now. Do something where you get a handful of 30-40 buck titles instead of spending 120 to get 3 just released ones

it's also good for DS games since the best buy b2g1 didn't include them

You're correct. On DS or PSP games, it's a bargain. For others it's not. Most $30-$40 titles have already been reduced significantly at other locations (and online). Also, due to the "high multiplayer replay value" of recently released games, I wouldn't expect titles like Borderlands, MW2, L4D2 and others to pop up at GS once gamers have beaten the game (unless GS made an error as stated in my earlier post).
Besides Star Trek, when it comes to movies, they're is no such thing as a "re-imagining." Run. It's only going to be a crappy remake.

#94 tominater12

tominater12

Another Cheapass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 01:04 AM

The biggest question for me is do I spend this ridiculous amount of GS credit on a 250gb PS3 or do I wait until BB acquires them sometime next year and hopefully can use my GS credit there?

Hold the phone best buy is buying gamestop? :-#

#95 DirkBelig

DirkBelig

The Belligerent One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 01:06 AM

Considering I still haven't finished LAST YEAR'S B2G1 BF purchases, the fact that I'm planning on picking up Brutal Legend, Uncharted 2, and Batman Arkham Asylum speaks poorly towards my urge control abilities.

133994.png DirkBelig.png5fbfd2ddbe4d9137.png DirkBelig.png

#96 unknownthreat

unknownthreat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 01:06 AM

Does anyone know if best buy would match this promo?

#97 JAB5

JAB5

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 01:09 AM

Does anyone know if best buy would match this promo?

Umm, Best Buy is currently having a B2G1 free sale. It's stickied at the top of this forum.

#98 unknownthreat

unknownthreat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 01:15 AM

Umm, Best Buy is currently having a B2G1 free sale. It's stickied at the top of this forum.

I know but I want november games and was wondering if GS has this deal in late November, could I bring the ad in and buy 2 and get the 3rd free at best buy? I know best buy doesn't sell used games but maybe they will let you buy it new so it will become buy 2 new get the 3rd free. Or am I dreaming? :booty:

#99 Space Cowboy YGI

Space Cowboy YGI

Look at your man....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 01:16 AM

Hold the phone best buy is buying gamestop? :-#

They are seriously considering it.

http://online.wsj.co...917-710986.html

A "no comment" from any CFO or CEO usually means something is in the works. However, BB doesn't have the capital to acquire them at this time (but next year could be a possibility). Especially if BB have a good Xmas and GS falls on their face.
Besides Star Trek, when it comes to movies, they're is no such thing as a "re-imagining." Run. It's only going to be a crappy remake.

#100 tominater12

tominater12

Another Cheapass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 01:22 AM

They are seriously considering it.

http://online.wsj.co...917-710986.html

A "no comment" from any CFO or CEO usually means something is in the works. However, BB doesn't have the capital to acquire them at this time (but next year could be a possibility). Especially if BB have a good Xmas and GS falls on their face.

Well best buy could have a monopoly on there hands for brick and motor game buying and selling.

#101 dallascowboys

dallascowboys

How'BoutThemCowboys?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 01:26 AM

This is the part of the show where I seek out the Fallout addon discs.

And return them two days later.

I did the same thing with Rock Band and downloaded the songs to Rock Band 2. Some other great examples are oblivion goty, and a couple of platinum hits games like mass effect and forza 2. If you're hoping to get all of the fallout 3 dlc, just wait and find a goty copy used. It'll take you a lot longer to find each dlc disk; I've only seen one dlc disk used at all of the gamestops near me. I've also done this with NCAA just to get the draft classes on madden 10.

Also, I would look to get Uncharted 2, but sony screwed me over by frying my ps3's bluray drive with the new firmware!:bomb:

#102 evo t rex

evo t rex

This Space for Rent

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 01:35 AM

Can anyone confirm if and when?

#103 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 01:47 AM

Will prolly grab some dlc discs, and then buy Uncharted 1+2, and something else. Maybe NBA Live 10'

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#104 Space Cowboy YGI

Space Cowboy YGI

Look at your man....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 01:56 AM

Also, I would look to get Uncharted 2, but sony screwed me over by frying my ps3's bluray drive with the new firmware!:bomb:

Hence why I need an extended warranty if I purchase a new PS3 from GS. Their firmware updates seems to have different effects on different machines. Some with no problems, others (like yours) toast.

I don't even think Sony knows how this happens, but they sure are happy to take your $150 to get it fixed if it's out of warranty. Paying literally half the price of a new console to fix an old console (both Xbox & PS3) is just not smart consumerism (unless it's a 60gb PS3).

Edited by Space Cowboy YGI, 28 October 2009 - 02:11 AM.

#105 plutoknight

plutoknight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 02:00 AM

this is good news for me haven't had the cash to afford to many games since I was broke just basically picking up Ratchet on the ps3 this week.. so I'll have some more money this weekend and may end up picking up a few cheap ps3 games I was wanting to get for $20 and under a piece such as Bioshock, Mirror's Edge, and Sonic Unleashed.

I think I'll steal those ideas from you!

But I'm wondering if I should go with Dissidia on PSP or Tools of Destruction for PS3 as a thirdgame..

#106 myl0r

myl0r

Posted 28 October 2009 - 02:15 AM

man, I just used up $300 in store credit replacing my PS3. But i've not opened it......to return and horde.......or stay content and pass this deal up......the CAG in me says horde, but I'll probably stay put.

although, does anyone know how much Gamestop gives for defective PS3's? I've heard they will take in PS3's that have defective blu ray drives for a discounted amount. anyone know the store credit amount?

#107 RanchLizard

RanchLizard

Need more time for games!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 02:36 AM

InFamous
Beatles
Batman

#108 bayagrow

bayagrow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 02:42 AM

time to make my ps2 library even bigger

#109 pwnthee

pwnthee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 02:45 AM

I'll be a tad surprised if BB purchases GS, although it'd make sense. I seriously doubt that GS makes worse profit margins than BB though, even if they make less overall money. With how they jack people with game trades, their margins should be rather nice, where Best Buy pretty much relies on software and overpriced cables to make most of their real money.
Billy Mitchell is better than you.

#110 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 02:49 AM

horrible timing for me. i have $300 credit, but games like fifa 10, fallout 3 goty, the beatles rock band (ps3) and even GH5 are not online used or at any B&M stores near me... i hope they have another a month later during the holidays when they'll probably get them.

To satisfy all the publishers, Gamestop agreed to not sell used games online or list where used copies are at their retail outlets for about 30 days or a little longer after a game's release.

Any game released in July/August is probably available, but not any Sept./Oct. game yet.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#111 postureking

postureking

Cabeza Shrinker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 02:49 AM

man, I just used up $300 in store credit replacing my PS3. But i've not opened it......to return and horde.......or stay content and pass this deal up......the CAG in me says horde, but I'll probably stay put.

although, does anyone know how much Gamestop gives for defective PS3's? I've heard they will take in PS3's that have defective blu ray drives for a discounted amount. anyone know the store credit amount?

I asked about trading in my MGS4 system (4 usb ports, b/c), which was not working right. They said I would get $85 after refurb fees. This was on Sunday, so the $25 bonus wasn't in effect and I don't know if it would apply anyways.

I was getting the red-yellow-green lights upon powering it up. I reseated the hard drive and it's working like a charm again.

#112 Chirotera

Chirotera

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 02:50 AM

Nooooo, I can't handle another one. I'm not even sure I have any games left to buy after TRU and BB.

#113 denshaotoko

denshaotoko

WoW Free Since 05/09

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 02:52 AM

To satisfy all the publishers, Gamestop agreed to not sell used games online or list where used copies are at their retail outlets for about 30 days or a little longer after a game's release.

Any game released in July/August is probably available, but not any Sept./Oct. game yet.

I havn't found that to be the case. I've found new release used games with their online tracker at local gamestops. I dunno.

#114 KarlMarx

KarlMarx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 03:05 AM

Demon's Souls
Fallout 3: GOTY
Uncharted 2

Think that'll happen ?
Posted Image

#115 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 03:18 AM

It's not that way around here.. My store has used Borderlands and Demon's Souls.

#116 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 03:23 AM

Demon's Souls
Uncharted 2

Think that'll happen ?

Fallout 3 GOTY is a toss-up depending on the system. A lot of people around me are trading in the 360 version.

And my GS already has used DS.

#117 integralsmatic

integralsmatic

Everyday should be Harvey Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 03:39 AM

Demon's Souls
Uncharted 2

Think that'll happen ?

possible...

i saw uncharted 2 and demon souls used at my local GS..but Fallout could be a toss up.

screw this. I am set from BB and Amazon. The only thing I think i can use this is for is building my ps2 library. If i can find the third .hack g/u game..than i might get that and than its a toss up from there. My wallet is also hurtin and atm i don't need to add to the log.
Posted Image
Signature by Banshee350
Avatar(or Bust shot) done by Jeffery "CHAMBA" Cruz
R.I.P Nujabes aka Jun Seba (1974-2010) Another great musical mind ripped from our hands.
R.I.P Pat Carlucci- Rest easy my friend. You're with all of us in our hearts.

#118 DJP519

DJP519

Ready for a Vacation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 03:42 AM

Not true... I can use the online store finder to see local used copies of Borderlands, which has only been out a week:
http://www.gamestop....roduct_id=68442

Granted, this DID seem to be the case for a few weeks this summer, the store finder wasn't working for certain new releases. But clearly not anymore.

#119 pwnthee

pwnthee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 03:43 AM

guess it's possible they could disable SOME titles' locations once the B2g1 begins.

What'll be really [not] funny is if the OP/OP's friend is wrong and there's no B2G1 at all.

So long as we at least get the 20% off coupons at least once, I'll be fine though.
Billy Mitchell is better than you.

#120 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 03:43 AM

Then how can Borderlands already be showing up around me?