Gamestop running their B2g1 next week

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
479 replies to this topic

#241 wreckemtexastech

wreckemtexastech

Red Raidin' CAGer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2009 - 08:20 PM

so we talking the usual "Thursday night friday saturday sunday" B2G1F or the whole week?
Posted Image

Posted Image

#242 aleraiders

aleraiders

2 PS4's in 2 HRS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2009 - 08:23 PM

A good friend of mine who's a GS GM told me yesterday that they're running their b2g1 next week. She didn't say if it was for the week or just the weekend, but it's up next in this wonderful string of b2g1.

edit: for the inevitible is it on new or used games question; GS's b2g1 is ALWAYS used only.

probably the weekend...cuz that gives the "glitchers" less time to cheat there way threw another b2g1 sale

LET THE GLITCHING BEGIN!!!

Don't you just love it when stupid people think you're stupid.....

#243 BarrettSan

BarrettSan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2009 - 02:06 PM

So is this sale on yet? When do they usually start?

#244 blitzbllmstr

blitzbllmstr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2009 - 04:34 PM

most gamestop deals begin on thursday and run through the following thursday. So any sale should begin thursday and run at least the weekend.

#245 ktims777

ktims777

Posted 02 November 2009 - 04:45 PM

there is no sale. the op was full of crap.

#246 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 02 November 2009 - 04:52 PM

most gamestop deals begin on thursday and run through the following thursday. So any sale should begin thursday and run at least the weekend.

You have to keep in mind that it doesnt start until Thursday nights, like an hour before the store closes, because the employees begin to set up the signage when it becomes live in the system. So it won't be live during the day if it does start on Thursday (which is has always in all the previous B2G1), but itll start at night.

probably the weekend...cuz that gives the "glitchers" less time to cheat there way threw another b2g1 sale

LET THE GLITCHING BEGIN!!!

What glitch are you talking about? I have never heard of a glitch that has happened with any of these B2G1 in a very long time. If you are talking about the sale starting on Thursdays, thats not a glitch, that is when it goes live in the system on Thursday nights so the employees can start setting up signage before they close, so thats not exactly a glitch. I do B2G1 all the time, and always in these threads, never heard of these "glitches" you are referring to.

I mean I know you had a issue with the BB B2G1 that had glitch problems, and apparently you had a big issue with that, but don't bring that kind of stuff to this thread if you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about for GS B2G1 sales, please.

there is no sale. the op was full of crap.

If it is, no big deal. Its coming up on Black Friday just like last year anyways, so if its not this weekend, itll be there in like a month :o
Posted Image

#247 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2009 - 05:14 PM

So are their b2g1 sales only on used or are they on new too?

#248 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 02 November 2009 - 05:23 PM

GS does only used B2G1s.

#249 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 02 November 2009 - 05:25 PM

So are their b2g1 sales only on used or are they on new too?

Always on used only. I believe the op actually put that into the first post already too. But GS B2G1 are always used only, and the lowest one of the three games is always the one that becomes the free one.
Posted Image

#250 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2009 - 05:26 PM

What glitch are you talking about? I have never heard of a glitch that has happened with any of these B2G1 in a very long time. If you are talking about the sale starting on Thursdays, thats not a glitch, that is when it goes live in the system on Thursday nights so the employees can start setting up signage before they close, so thats not exactly a glitch. I do B2G1 all the time, and always in these threads, never heard of these "glitches" you are referring to.

I mean I know you had a issue with the BB B2G1 that had glitch problems, and apparently you had a big issue with that, but don't bring that kind of stuff to this thread if you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about for GS B2G1 sales, please.

He's talking about a glitch in BB's register system that would ring up the middle game as the free game no matter the cost of the other games. People were putting a $60 game in between 2 $10 games and getting the $60 game for free.

He could also mean the placeholder strategy of getting a game now only to return it sealed in a couple of weeks for a game they wanted in Nov.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#251 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 02 November 2009 - 05:34 PM

He's talking about a glitch in BB's register system that would ring up the middle game as the free game no matter the cost of the other games. People were putting a $60 game in between 2 $10 games and getting the $60 game for free.

He could also mean the placeholder strategy of getting a game now only to return it sealed in a couple of weeks for a game they wanted in Nov.

Well I know about the BB glitch, but why would that have any relation to the GS B2G1 thread? It sounds to me he is just pissed off that people were abusing that glitch of BB (which have these glitches all the time), and now trying to bring it to a GS B2G1 thread, which really have no relevance to each other. Even the placeholder glitch has no validity here since these are always on used games anyways, so it's not like the TRU thing, but that really isn't a glitch in the system. If he wanted to preach, make a new thread about it in the appropriate section instead of making inferences of fake glitches that don't exist in other deal threads. That was all I was saying MSUHitman.
Posted Image

#252 RomyNine

RomyNine

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2009 - 05:35 PM

I've got a huge backlog of games, I just preordered Dragonage CE so, I'll have to pass.

#253 sgaldis

sgaldis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2009 - 05:47 PM

This thread is still going to be speculation until about Wednesday night, at the earliest, more like Thursday afternoon. I have talked to some rep's I am fairly close with at GS, and they have told me time and time again that they have very little prior knowledge of these sales. They usually get some type of communication litterally the day before, saying something to the effect of "we're about to have a B2G1...dig out the signage, it starts tomorrow".

#254 PontiusPilate

PontiusPilate

Climbing People's Soapbox

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2009 - 05:53 PM

GS is way too late to the show this year after all of the B2G1 deals that the retailers and online has had. If they have one coming up, I'm sure their numbers will be far lower than if they had run it in advance of the competitors. GS almost needs to up the ante, do buy 3 get 2 free. They'd make a killing doing that deal right now, and it's only a 7% loss in profit. With the holidays coming up I'm sure they could push it. Even if they would do 30% off coupons if you buy 2 or more games for any console would be better than another B2G1.

#255 hobbie8046

hobbie8046

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2009 - 06:13 PM

Can we please close this thread now?

76561197983083270.png

#256 Brownjohn

Brownjohn

Posted 02 November 2009 - 06:17 PM

Can we please close this thread now?

No, we don't need to. Eventually, the OP will be correct.
To each his own.

#257 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 02 November 2009 - 06:20 PM

OP will be right about this one just like he was right about the last one.

#258 qwikstreet

qwikstreet

Posted 02 November 2009 - 06:47 PM

Hope its a go. I already have my list in my mind prepped.
Posted Image
| Blog |

#259 technole

technole

Posted 02 November 2009 - 07:40 PM

I have faith in the OP, he was right last time. Thankfully this deal won't be hurting the wallet at all ;)

technole.png

#260 polishpride212

polishpride212

Buying High, Selling Low

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2009 - 07:47 PM

I rather have this deal simmer. The more time that goes by, the more games traded into gamestop, and therefore the larger the selection.

#261 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:01 PM

GS is way too late to the show this year after all of the B2G1 deals that the retailers and online has had. If they have one coming up, I'm sure their numbers will be far lower than if they had run it in advance of the competitors. GS almost needs to up the ante, do buy 3 get 2 free. They'd make a killing doing that deal right now, and it's only a 7% loss in profit. With the holidays coming up I'm sure they could push it. Even if they would do 30% off coupons if you buy 2 or more games for any console would be better than another B2G1.

Are you serious about this post? Or did you just miss all of the B2G1 free that GS have been doing for the good first 8 months into this year, lol. I wouldn't exactly say they are "late to the show" for this year. If anything, its more like all the other competitors have been doing it after GS stopped doing theirs, plus, those are different too since they are on new games, and not used as the retail stores. Which means this also stacks with people who have EDGE cards. But really, "late to the show"? lol, thats a good one. :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:
Posted Image

#262 FactionG

FactionG

/fame Phoenix!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:03 PM

No, we don't need to. Eventually, the OP will be correct.

Oh? So can I start a buy 2 get 1 free Toys R Us thread for 2010 now?

#263 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:05 PM

See, if you actually payed attention to the boards you would notice that the OP has given us heads up about coming B2G1's in the past. But hey, no one said you were a thinker.

#264 InvaderZim

InvaderZim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:08 PM

I'll pass on this one...

#265 FactionG

FactionG

/fame Phoenix!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:11 PM

See, if you actually payed attention to the boards you would notice that the OP has given us heads up about coming B2G1's in the past. But hey, no one said you were a thinker.

Then OP should change to coming soon rather than letting *one* week go by again and again. I'm not sure what *BOARDS* you are referring to as there is only one Video Game Deals and it contains many *THREADS*. :roll:

Edited by FactionG, 02 November 2009 - 10:06 PM.

Posted Image

#266 emg28

emg28

esteeohpee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:12 PM

Oh? So can I start a buy 2 get 1 free Toys R Us thread for 2010 now?

Don't be ridiculous... previously, TRU has had 2 b2g1 sales a couple of weeks apart. A 2010 TRU b2g1 thread would be a bit pre-mature but you're welcome to start a thread for the (possible) upcoming b2g1 sale at TRU. ;)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Games Beaten: 2012 2011 2010 2009

#267 FactionG

FactionG

/fame Phoenix!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:14 PM

Don't be ridiculous... previously, TRU has had 2 b2g1 sales a couple of weeks apart. A 2010 TRU b2g1 thread would be a bit pre-mature but you're welcome to start a thread for the (possible) upcoming b2g1 sale at TRU. ;)

lol :D
Posted Image

#268 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 02 November 2009 - 09:09 PM

I've got a huge backlog of games, I just preordered Dragonage CE so, I'll have to pass.

how'd you preorder DA:CE? i thought they were sold out?

#269 therpson

therpson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2009 - 09:17 PM

Is there any way to get a confirmation on this aside from letting the thread roam until the OP says something? Bueller? http://releasebytes.net/smile

#270 myl0r

myl0r

Posted 02 November 2009 - 09:18 PM

since I ordered MW2 off the Goozex Exchange, now I've got $35 in store credit for the hopefully soon b2g1 sale. It's not much, but it's a start, even if I just catch up on titles I am behind on(Fallout, COD5, Killzone)