Photo
- - - - -

Valve FAILS at L4D2 pre-order demo release

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#31 ktims777

ktims777

Posted 28 October 2009 - 06:19 PM

Somehow this got sent to me by mistake so I felt I would pass it along.

Dear Snookie_Wookums:

We at Valve are sooooo sorry we did not live up to your all important expectations. We are sorry we failed you by not having the demo for Left 4 Dead 2 out on time as per your expectations. We are sorry that you had to spend your time pissing, whining, and crying on an internet message board rather than being able to play our free demo that we are giving to you for buying our game.

This being said, we would like to sincerely apologize to you even more for making you go all emo, and, in all honesty, causing you such mental anguish that you will not recover from it until long after you hit puberty and discover the true reason girls exist. We at Valve take your patronism seriously, so as a consolation for our inability to make a deadline that seems to be the most important thing to you in your little world, we will include along with your copy of Left 4 Dead 2 an autographed limited edition copy of our latest developmental IP entitled... Quit Bitching Cause We Don't Give A Damn.

Sincerely,
Valve Software

#32 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 28 October 2009 - 06:27 PM

That letter is clearly a hoax. . .

The real Valve would have delayed it being sent.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#33 ktims777

ktims777

Posted 28 October 2009 - 07:27 PM

That letter is clearly a hoax. . .

The real Valve would have delayed it being sent.

awww shizzzzz

#34 RichMeisterMan

RichMeisterMan

Umbrella Executive

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 07:35 PM

Well I personally already got out of that pot of boiling water by not buying the same game I bought a year ago. I'm surprised you're so enraged by this, but are willing to throw down the cash for Left 4 Dead 1.5

Anyhow, have fun with the demo.

I'll bet that you go to every single Left 4 dead 2 thread on every message board you are a member off and spout off the same bullshit.

If adding melee weapons, new special infected, an enhanced ai engine, a new game mode, and 5 campaigns isn't worth the thirty or so dollars I paid then i don't know what is.

You can pretty much take an sequel and say it's not a sequel and just slap a 1.5 on it because it doesn't come with enough content. So your point is completely moot.

#35 mogamer

mogamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 07:57 PM

Valve's pathetic Steam servers probably can't even handle the load.

I was attempting to re-install Red Orchestra and both of it's mods. Throughout the day the maximum speed it was downloading was at 80 kB/s. Several times it said
"Steam servers are too busy to handle your request."

Tons of people can't even download the demo for Torchlight off of Steam.

That's probably because the servers are too busy downloading the multi-gig patch for COH! LOL :D

you pre-ordered l4d2, you deserve every misfortune.

Truer words have not been spoken! ;)

#36 snookie_wookums

snookie_wookums

A killer ear infection

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 07:57 PM

Thank you Richmeister for stating what would be obvious to anyone who's actually played the game. Valve is a great developer, and I do believe in supporting them on the whole, but to blindly give them loyalty would be as stupid as dismissing their latenesses and lack of preparation. After all, L4D was last year's *top selling videogame property* so they could hardly be given the charity of not knowing on some level what they had to put into place to support the launch, demo or otherwise. Nobody forced them into giving a release date and publishing it on their own website. According to the contract that is created when the consumer purchases a game, they failed to deliver. As of this moment, mere minutes from the now-twice revised release time, the game still reads as unreleased. We shall see what 4:00pm EST brings.

It's really funny how all some of the less bright ones here are more upset about me voicing a negative opinion of Valve failing than about the issue at hand. Talk about messed up priorities and failure at life.

#37 mission42

mission42

To start, press any key

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 08:09 PM

Do you even understand what a demo is used for? A demo is supposed to bring attention to a game and attract buyers to said game. If their demo was not yet ready and they had released it with some sort of bug or shitty quality, then many people who were on the edge with buying this game would then decide they didn't like it and wouldn't buy it. Why the Fuck would Valve want people to not buy their game by releasing a demo that is still glitchy and not yet ready for play? Apparently they still had a couple problems with either the demo or distributing the demo and didn't think it would be wise to release yet. I see you survived waiting that extra day or two, hopefully it's worth it now and actually plays compared to it being released 2 days ago or whatever and you bitching about how it lags or it doesn't download fully, or that it freezes on the title screen or some other bullshit.

#38 ktims777

ktims777

Posted 28 October 2009 - 08:10 PM

OK. I gotta ask you man, do you know what to do with a woman? I'm thinking not because you seem to have alot of pent up frustration going on over there. Maybe, just maybe if you walked away from the computer and into the dating scene for a little while some of that anger would subside.

As far as messed up priorities in life, lets see. Get all bent out of shape over a "missed deadline" on a free demo, or reserve my frustration and direct it towards things in life that really matter like, oh say national debt, unemployment, the current state of our economic system, the Obama administrations inept ability to handle any of the previously mentioned items... HMMM yeah your right. We should be more upset over a free demo not being out on time.

#39 snookie_wookums

snookie_wookums

A killer ear infection

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 08:11 PM

Once again, the time changed, not to 5:00pm. Mark my words that this is a sign of things to come with Valve, and it's entirely probably they will do the same kind of crap with the actual game release, which is a bigger reason to be upset. Of course, ktims can just sit back and enjoy the festivities until he/she/it gets upset about the delayed release of the latest Barbie Horse Adventures game.

#40 snookie_wookums

snookie_wookums

A killer ear infection

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 08:18 PM

OK. I gotta ask you man, do you know what to do with a woman? I'm thinking not because you seem to have alot of pent up frustration going on over there. Maybe, just maybe if you walked away from the computer and into the dating scene for a little while some of that anger would subside.

As far as messed up priorities in life, lets see. Get all bent out of shape over a "missed deadline" on a free demo, or reserve my frustration and direct it towards things in life that really matter like, oh say national debt, unemployment, the current state of our economic system, the Obama administrations inept ability to handle any of the previously mentioned items... HMMM yeah your right. We should be more upset over a free demo not being out on time.

Ahh, spoken like a true pedophilic Republican. Go read the drudge report, we're here to talk about games.

#41 ktims777

ktims777

Posted 28 October 2009 - 08:19 PM

LMAO. If thats the best you can do then I see why this demo delay has you so angry.

#42 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 08:19 PM

Once again, the time changed, not to 5:00pm. Mark my words that this is a sign of things to come with Valve, and it's entirely probably they will do the same kind of crap with the actual game release, which is a bigger reason to be upset. Of course, ktims can just sit back and enjoy the festivities until he/she/it gets upset about the delayed release of the latest Barbie Horse Adventures game.

Wow... I guess you spit on Blizzard too for never giving out a deadline right?

Your deadline priorities are misplaced.

#43 seen

seen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 08:20 PM

ok. I gotta ask you man, do you know what to do with a woman? I'm thinking not because you seem to have alot of pent up frustration going on over there. Maybe, just maybe if you walked away from the computer and into the dating scene for a little while some of that anger would subside.

+1

#44 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 28 October 2009 - 08:29 PM

Just wanted to say, I hope Valve keeps delaying it because this thread is GREAT drama!

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#45 Space Cowboy YGI

Space Cowboy YGI

Look at your man....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 08:34 PM

Agreed. This thread has me in tears.

Really, if you guys ever ask yourselves why you don't have more of the things you want, look back at this thread and how accepting you are of failure. Good luck in life.

And this might be the quote of the year!! So true, but so harsh!!
Besides Star Trek, when it comes to movies, they're is no such thing as a "re-imagining." Run. It's only going to be a crappy remake.

#46 snookie_wookums

snookie_wookums

A killer ear infection

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 08:43 PM

Aaaaaaand now it's 6:00pm. It really does seem like Valve is doing it just to pour more gasoline on the hot mess that is already L4D2. I think all these apologists for Valve here are PR flacks hired by Valve to try to cover up the mess. Good luck, I will keep the fires burning, though it's not hard with all this gasoline.

#47 snookie_wookums

snookie_wookums

A killer ear infection

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 08:44 PM

Just wanted to say, I hope Valve keeps delaying it because this thread is GREAT drama!

You bastard! :bomb:

#48 snookie_wookums

snookie_wookums

A killer ear infection

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 10:29 PM

Worth a small chuckle on this thread: the inevitable Hitler finds out video:

#49 ktims777

ktims777

Posted 28 October 2009 - 10:40 PM

Well, I have to chime in once more. I do feel for you snookie-cookie-dookie-wookums. In fact, I feel so bad about this situation I personally called Vavle and asked them to hurry the hell up with the release of the demo just for you. They said they are trying to get it out there but the unrelenting fanboy crying on internet websites is making them laugh so hard that the tears keep dripping into the servers causing them to crash.

In all honesty though cookiedough_wookums, I hope they get the demo out for you 3 days after the game comes out for retail. That should keep you busy until then.

Also, thanks for the hourly updates. At least we can now be certain that our clocks are indeed correct.

#50 snookie_wookums

snookie_wookums

A killer ear infection

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 10:53 PM

Hey thanks for checking in again, ktims, glad to see you have so much experience with women that you can check in to my thread 10 times an hour. Homo.

#51 snookie_wookums

snookie_wookums

A killer ear infection

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 10:57 PM

Speaking of chuckles, here's another one:

#52 ktims777

ktims777

Posted 28 October 2009 - 11:12 PM

Actualy snookie, I was reading your thread between downloading the demo on xbl and going to pick up my kid from school. And just to put the icing on the cake foryou, I just played some single and multiplayer of the demo on xbox live. Hows your demo workin out for you?

#53 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 28 October 2009 - 11:13 PM

Hey thanks for checking in again, ktims, glad to see you have so much experience with women that you can check in to my thread 10 times an hour. Homo.

LMAO, you're my kind of scum. Wanna Fuck?

BTW, here's one of my grief videos I made way back in March if anyone cares to watch:

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#54 Space Cowboy YGI

Space Cowboy YGI

Look at your man....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 11:20 PM

You bastard! :bomb:

Be careful of your criticism of Valve Snookie_Wookums. They might have to fly you up to their headquarters, wine and dine you, give you some swag and get you to change your opinion of them...

Oh wait..that was another group of people.
Besides Star Trek, when it comes to movies, they're is no such thing as a "re-imagining." Run. It's only going to be a crappy remake.

#55 RichMeisterMan

RichMeisterMan

Umbrella Executive

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 11:23 PM

Actualy snookie, I was reading your thread between downloading the demo on xbl and going to pick up my kid from school. And just to put the icing on the cake foryou, I just played some single and multiplayer of the demo on xbox live. Hows your demo workin out for you?

I think it is scary that someone who has kids finds trolling a message board to be a productive use of their time.

#56 ktims777

ktims777

Posted 28 October 2009 - 11:37 PM

I never said this was a productive use of my time. This is just what i do when I am bored and have nothing better to do. Note, I never once said I am better than snookie, I said i choose to reserve my animosity for other things thats all. In the end I think we are all obsessive assholes about the things we are passionate about.

I just enjoy griefing people about things at time as a way to relieve stress, but in the end I am man enough to relieze that it is immature and a waste of time I could prolly use in a more productive manner. Like playing the Left 4 Dead 2 demo that works on xbox live!!!!!

#57 snookie_wookums

snookie_wookums

A killer ear infection

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 11:39 PM

Be careful of your criticism of Valve Snookie_Wookums. They might have to fly you up to their headquarters, wine and dine you, give you some swag and get you to change your opinion of them...

Oh wait..that was another group of people.

That's it, I'm starting the L4D2 Demo boycott!

#58 snookie_wookums

snookie_wookums

A killer ear infection

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 11:40 PM

I think it is scary that someone who has kids finds trolling a message board to be a productive use of their time.

Co-signed.

#59 snookie_wookums

snookie_wookums

A killer ear infection

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 11:45 PM

I never said this was a productive use of my time. This is just what i do when I am bored and have nothing better to do. Note, I never once said I am better than snookie, I said i choose to reserve my animosity for other things thats all. In the end I think we are all obsessive assholes about the things we are passionate about.

I just enjoy griefing people about things at time as a way to relieve stress, but in the end I am man enough to relieze that it is immature and a waste of time I could prolly use in a more productive manner. Like playing the Left 4 Dead 2 demo that works on xbox live!!!!!

Translation: I'm being an excellent role model for my kids.

#60 snookie_wookums

snookie_wookums

A killer ear infection

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2009 - 12:35 AM

Finally the demo is unlocking. And for anyone who has played it on Xbox, have fun playing with all those 6 year olds.