I need some help ordering a product from Japan (translations needed!)

transparent

CAG Veteran
I'm building an HTPC, and I've found the case I want to buy. It's here.

Problem is, there are no stores in America that sell this thing. I've found a bunch of Japanese websites, but I cannot read anything on them.

Can anybody help me:

1. Find the best price.
2. Find one of these places that ship to the US.
3. Help me go through the process of ordering.

I'd be willing to PayPal a few bucks someone's way if they were able to help me with this.

I apologize if this is the wrong place for this. Mods, feel free to move it. (Maybe this should've went in "Other Requests"?)

Site 1
Site 2
Site 3
Site 4
Site 5
Site 6
Site 7
Site 8
Site 9
Site 10

[quote name='lokizz']google can translate some webpages you may want to try it.[/QUOTE]

All of those I linked were used with Google Translator. It doesn't do a good enough job on them, sadly.

Bump..

Akibado hasn't answered my emails, and I've seen a lot of people mention online that they take months to fulfill their end. :l

transparent,

I looked through all 10 sites you had linked, and while I did not mail them to inquire directly, 1 of them said explicitly that they only ship within Japan, and the other 9 had only Japanese region options in their shipping info. At this point, I think your best bet might be Amazon.jp, since they actually ship to the US, even though their shipping might be a bit pricy.
Unfortunately, I did a check for the model you wanted, and was only able to find the silver version. If you're dead set on black, you might need to find another alternative >_

[quote name='hakimiru']transparent,

I looked through all 10 sites you had linked, and while I did not mail them to inquire directly, 1 of them said explicitly that they only ship within Japan, and the other 9 had only Japanese region options in their shipping info. At this point, I think your best bet might be Amazon.jp, since they actually ship to the US, even though their shipping might be a bit pricy.
Unfortunately, I did a check for the model you wanted, and was only able to find the silver version. If you're dead set on black, you might need to find another alternative >_

[quote name='transparent']Wow, I cannot thank you enough. Seriously, THANK YOU!

Never even thought of looking at Amazon (.jp). Unfortunately, the listing for the silver one says "We're sorry; this item can not be shipped outside Japan"! Crap!

EDIT: Hmm...maybe I'm missing it, but I cannot seem to find a way to create an account over there. I don't see any outside-Japan shipping locations?[/QUOTE]

Oh fudge, you're right...
Just went through the checkout steps, and apparently, Amazon.jp only ships books, CD's, DVD's, and VHS to overseas. I fail orz. Guess it's time to look for an alternative >_<
Any CAGers in Japan that might be willing to ship it to you for a fee? A few of your original links provide free shipping within Japan if I recall, so if you know someone, all that would add is America-bound shipping charges + whatever handling fees.

[quote name='hakimiru']Oh fudge, you're right...
Just went through the checkout steps, and apparently, Amazon.jp only ships books, CD's, DVD's, and VHS to overseas. I fail orz. Guess it's time to look for an alternative >_<
Any CAGers in Japan that might be willing to ship it to you for a fee? A few of your original links provide free shipping within Japan if I recall, so if you know someone, all that would add is America-bound shipping charges + whatever handling fees.[/QUOTE]

I know a couple on here. Dunno if they'd help me out.

Again, thanks for all your help! :D

Quite simply, most Japanese sites and sellers don't ship outside of Japan, due (in part at least) to a completely different financial setup... most folks in Japan pay for things online via bank transfer in stead of credit card. It makes international transactions a lot harder.

You'll pretty much have to use a deputy service like akibado linked eariler or rinkya.com. it's going to be expensive, since you'll have to pay for the product, shipping (possibly 2 sets of shipping depending on the deputy) and the handling fee the deputy charges.

You might want to double and triple check that you can't get it from a US seller... the site you linked says the North American distributor of their products is Just PC (USA), Inc. Have you tried hunting them down or emailing 3RSystem directly for more information? Have you tried the companies they list for Europe (since it's usually easier to find a seller in Europe who'll deal directly with you)?

I've sent a few emails to 3R Systems, and got zero replies back. As far as I can see/find, Just PC no longer exists. Their phone and fax aren't numbers anymore, I can't find any website for them, and on the non-US 3R Systems website, they don't mention Just PC anymore.

I glanced at the Europe sites...maybe I'll give them a second look. I'll also check the site you posted, DuelLady. Thanks!

At this point, if I can't find/order it today, I think I'll (disappointingly) purchase a more common case.

bread's done
Back