Credit card with best rewards? What reward card do you use?

Maklershed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
77 (100%)
A) I was wondering if anyone had any info on what card(s) has the best reward program or could link me to a site with said info?

B) I was wondering what cards you folks use?

Well the sony card has a good rewards system since you don't have to technically buy anything to get points (Although you do have to do a little work to get points). The rewards are limited to sony products though.

I have the chase freedom card too which is 3%,2%1% for gas, food, grocery, and everything else respectively. Plus if you get $200 in reward points you get an extra $50.

I use the Cabela's Visa- you earn points on everything you buy in store and out of store twords money off in store purchases. Has a fixed 9% interest wich is higher then most of mine, but since I do pistol compitions it helps on ammo and new handguns and targets

I have an American Express Blue card which has the standard cash back up to 5% depending on how much you buy during the year. More for Gas & Groceries, lower on everything else. They also work deals with certain companies where you get discounts or pre-paid cards back if you sign up for them using the card. Example: Recently when I switched to directv they had an offer where if I signed up using the Blue Card I'd get a $200 pre-paid debit card in the mail. They always seem to have stuff like that.

Amazon.com Visa Signature.

Used to be $25 Amazon.com GC every 2500 points, but with the move to signature account you can opt for other GCs, free flights, cash back etc.

Citi Dividend Platinum. At least 1% cash back on everything, 2% on gas, groceries, and utilities. It adds up and you don't have to redeem for gift cards, you can just get a check after you have accumulated $50 back.

Www.creditcards.com is a site you can go and compare credit offers based on what you are looking for.

I have just the basic Blue Card from Amex which you can also gain extra reward points by shopping through the rewards site which gives you 3x the points compared to not using it. So, if you frequent bestbuy.com or buy.com you can get 3x the points on your purchases.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Amazon.com Visa Signature.

Used to be $25 Amazon.com GC every 2500 points, but with the move to signature account you can opt for other GCs, free flights, cash back etc.[/QUOTE]

same here, newly upgraded

I use my discover. It used to be better because I could get $20 back just about every month. They raised the minimum up to $50, which is annoying, but I like it.

Used to be $25 Amazon.com GC every 2500 points, but with the move to signature account you can opt for other GCs, free flights, cash back etc.[/QUOTE]

Same here.

[quote name='striker199']amazon visa is always triple points on amazon.com orders, that's where I get the majority of points.[/QUOTE]

I use cash, but triple points at Amazon sounds nice. I'll take a look into it striker, thanks.
smile

Amazon card for me too, I'll probably still just get GCs with the new rewards, but now for 5,000 pts they'll just write you a $50 check, so I might use that reasonably often.

Not to be that guy, but just in case: Not carrying a balance on your CC > any rewards program out there. If you're putting monthly bills or gas/groceries and paying it off before they hit you with interest then you're good but never carry more than 30% of the credit limit because it's easy to get suckered into rewards programs and not realize you're paying more on interest than what you'd spend on the value of the reward.

If you have a Costco membership, their AMEX is nice - 3% on gas, 2% on dining/travel, 1% on everything else - and you can shop there without carrying cash or using debit. But the cashback comes in Costco currency.

Alternately, I saw that Schwab and Fidelity have straight 2% cash back on everything Visa cards, if you link them with a brokerage account. If Bank of America ($250 check for every $25,000 spent!) starts charging me an annual fee for never carrying a balance, I'll probably switch over to that.

+1

It's worth it with the amount of stuff I buy from Amazon.

Same here.

Lowest APR should definitely be the priority, especially if you know you're going to carry a balance. I always pay mine off so I never get charged for interest, but my Amazon card is at 13.24% which is pretty ridiculous if I carried a balance. Started around 16 or 17% IIRC, but went down steadily to 12.24% and they just jacked it up 1% for whatever reason, they just make this shit up.

I just use my card for everything for convenience so I just have that one bill every month that covers pretty much all my spending (besides rent and utilities). So the rewards are just a bonus.

I use this combo:

Charles Schwab Sinature Visa: 2% cash back on all purchases

Pentagon Federal Credit Union Platinum rewards: 5% cash back on gas, 2% on groceries (including wal-mart), and 1.25% on everything else.

I use the penfed card for gas and the schwab for everything else. This gets me about $570 a year. The schwab card is also nice because it has signature benefits, which includes extended warranties on your purchases.

Citi Platinum dividends card not many great rewards out there these days. My first rewards card was an ebay one that gave you .01 for every dollar spent on it for ebay, no minium to redeem, but was discontinued and replaced with worthless world points. Then I switched to the Citi card since it was 1% back on everything and 5% on gas, groceries. Now it is only 2%. I've considered the Chase rewards visa, but that program was neutered too.

[quote name='Maklershed']A) I was wondering if anyone had any info on what card(s) has the best reward program or could link me to a site with said info?

B) I was wondering what cards you folks use?[/QUOTE]

There should be a pretty big credit card topic in CAG somewhere.

I personally use an Amazon.com Rewards Visa just because I'm used to it and not because I buy from Amazon a lot. I also have a HSBC Mastercard that I don't use anymore since getting the Visa but keep open because it helps my credit score... or that's what they tell me.

I've ditched all my credit cards a long time ago, only debit left. But I have seen the talk about the Amazon card and its reward program sounds good if you do a lot of shopping from them. I wonder if there is a Newegg card?
smile

[quote name='SpazX']Amazon card for me too, I'll probably still just get GCs with the new rewards, but now for 5,000 pts they'll just write you a $50 check, so I might use that reasonably often.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'll probably just get the GCs too as I always apply them to my account and use them for books for my Kindle.

I use Discover Card. It has a lower APR than most CC's and Cash back is the best reward! It also had the option to change your cashback into gift cards. For example, you can get a $50 Gamestop Gift card for $40 of your cash back dollars.

I hear good things about the Amazon card too.

I have a Chase Freedom card. It's OK for rewards, I guess, but I wouldn't recommend it. I received notice a while back that they're tacking on a $30 annual fee for my card, so I'll most likely be canceling it in the near future. It might have something to do with the fact that I've never carried a balance on it since I got it about 2.5 years ago.

Yeah i'm expecting citi to send me something about an annual fee too, since i never carry a balance. They' been doing it to a lot of citi customers.

bread's done
Back