Photo
- - - - -

What are some great local restaurants in Los Angeles/Anaheim that you'd recommend?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 hiccupleftovers

hiccupleftovers

Worst Poster on CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2009 - 11:51 PM

It's been a long time since I've been in LA, and I'm going back to visit some friends, etc. I was hoping I could take them out/they could take me out since it'll be my birthday. I'm kind of bored with going to same old places, so I'm looking for something fresh and new/good that I haven't tried and there's of course tons of options in LA/Anaheim. Some places I've already been to:

Buenos Aires (sp) - Sherman Oaks (great cuisine in a tucked away place. Exterior looks like crap, but the inside is pretty solid and the food is delicious)
Alpine Village
etc.

I'll try to add more as they come to mind, but these are the two the come to mind right now. I mostly stayed in San Diego anyway. Also, if you guys could recommend some local joints just for like breakfast, lunch, or just a quick great burger (not Inn-N-Out or Tommy's), I'd appreciate that as well. i'm probably going to go to Long Beach and grab breakfast at Schooner or Later since I've been told it's wonderful.

Las Vegas Limousine - The coolest limos in town!

Los Angeles Limousine

#2 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2009 - 12:15 AM

Veggie Grille is getting pretty popular - they've got a few locations in Irvine, Long Beach, and LA I think. All vegan food, and it's fantastic.

If you're in LA, Canter's Deli on Fairfax and Swingers in Hollywood are must-eats. Canter's is a NY-style deli that serves sandwiches that are about 9 inches tall, and Swingers is a great place if you feel like people watching with killer comfort food. They're both popular with the rock and roll crowd - Canter's helped launch Guns N Roses, and still draws people to live music on the weekends.

Cause I'm sick of seeing ghosts, and I know how it's all gonna end

There's no triumph waiting, there's no sunset to ride off in

We all want to be great men, there's nothing romantic about it

I just want to know that I did all I could with what I was given

I just want to sell out my funeral.

I just want to be enough for everyone.

#3 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 03 November 2009 - 12:32 AM

mcdonalds.

#4 kainzero

kainzero

scv good to go sir

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2009 - 12:47 AM

between LA and Anaheim there's a billion food places and you've specified nothing except location.

therefore i can name something ridiculous like Urasawa in Beverly Hills at $330 per person before tax and tip, for some of the best sushi, ever. and then while i'm at it, bigmista's bbq for texas-style bbq at various farmer's markets. and then there's father's office in culver city for presumably the best burger in america. and gaja in torrance for okonomiyaki. how about cafe hiro in cypress for japanese-italian fusion. the list goes on and on.

just go to www.chowhound.com and check the los angeles forum.
Every day's great at your Junes!

#5 hiccupleftovers

hiccupleftovers

Worst Poster on CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2009 - 12:55 AM

between LA and Anaheim there's a billion food places and you've specified nothing except location.

therefore i can name something ridiculous like Urasawa in Beverly Hills at $330 per person before tax and tip, for some of the best sushi, ever. and then while i'm at it, bigmista's bbq for texas-style bbq at various farmer's markets. and then there's father's office in culver city for presumably the best burger in america. and gaja in torrance for okonomiyaki. how about cafe hiro in cypress for japanese-italian fusion. the list goes on and on.

just go to www.chowhound.com and check the los angeles forum.

As much as I would like it, nothing too crazy mad expensive like that. I've been to the steak house at the beverly hilton, and while the prices are high, they're respectable and doable.

Also, I have transportation and don't really mind driving to get to a place at all

Los Angeles Limousine

#6 emdub

emdub

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2009 - 01:04 AM

Versailles has awesome cuban food, and it's not too expensive. There are a few locations in LA; I don't know which would be closest to you.

Do you like breakfast? If you're on the west side, go to 26 Beach and order the Polar Bear. It will change your life.

You could also go to Phillippe's, the place that invented the French dip sandwich.

Tahoe Galbi is an all you can eat Korean BBQ which is pretty good.
Posted Image

#7 hiccupleftovers

hiccupleftovers

Worst Poster on CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2009 - 09:18 PM

Thanks emdub. Thinking about Phillippe's. I'm not really much of Asian buffet/too into Korean so I might pass on Tahoe Galbi. I'll have to look at the others.

Any others anyone?

Los Angeles Limousine

#8 RAMSTORIA

RAMSTORIA

fate is inexorable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2009 - 09:44 PM

phillippes is so weak. they may have invented the french dip, but others perfected it. i was highly disapointed when i went there.

Posted Image

#9 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2009 - 09:47 PM

The Stinking Rose in LA, everything there is made with garlic =D
WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE

Posted Image

Avatar record spinning: Pelican - Ataraxia/Taraxis EP

#10 speedracer

speedracer

Posted 04 November 2009 - 10:29 PM

In-N-Out.
Posted Image

#11 Liquid 2

Liquid 2

Dutch Dreams

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2009 - 11:28 PM

http://www.yelp.com

#12 i_bent_my_wookie

i_bent_my_wookie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2009 - 12:20 AM

These are some of my favorites and are all fairly priced. Hope you try one of them. If you are here on a Tuesday you have to check out Lucky Devils

Gyu Kaku - they are all over LA and the OC
Yamashiro - great views and good cocktails and fresh seafood
Lucky Devils - on Tuesdays they have build your own burger night and they have a great wine and beer list
Loteria Grill - there is one at the Grove and one on Hollywood Blvd.

Enjoy!