GoGamer Borderland Madness

[quote name='IXI Dragunz IXI']Episodes from Liberty City looks good, and great price on Overlord 2.[/QUOTE]

Great price on GTA: Episodes. Might pick that up.

Too bad Overlord 2 is such a letdown. I thought the original was fantastic, but even from the Demo on Overlord 2 they went in the wrong direction with the game.

Wish Rise of the Argonauts was for the 360, been wanting to check that game out for some time now.

[quote name='crzyboy88']How is Rise of the Argonauts? I'm pretty curious about it.[/QUOTE]

It's probably one of the worst 360 games I have ever played, and I have played a lot of stinkers. Even Bullet Witch!

[quote name='Jugglenaut']Really tempting to jump on borderlands at that price...[/QUOTE]

It's actually only about $.10 cheaper than if you were to go in on a 4-pack via Steam. I went that route here on CAG, and I believe there is still a group-buy thread out there.

[quote name='crzyboy88']How is Rise of the Argonauts? I'm pretty curious about it.[/QUOTE]

IMO not that bad, in fact I liked portions of it a lot.

It's a slower paced kind of game with surprisingly little action, but it has it's moments. Not sure why anyone would hate it, unless they thought it was a button masher/ action RPG and got pissed when it wasn't.

Rise of the Agonauts has an interesting story and that's pretty much it. Much of the game is spent walking around barren environments and there's very little RPG and very little action. There's very little anything actually. I think I got about 2/3rds of the way through before I finally threw in the towel.

[quote name='TrenoV']It's probably one of the worst 360 games I have ever played, and I have played a lot of stinkers. Even Bullet Witch![/QUOTE]
I thought Bullet Witch was a great game. The super witch powers looked great and you basically had unlimited ammunition to shoot everything that moved. In that way, it reminded me of MDK, which was also very fun. The boss battles were also pretty intense and fun. Pretty good game but it was a little short, though.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']It's actually only about $.10 cheaper than if you were to go in on a 4-pack via Steam. I went that route here on CAG, and I believe there is still a group-buy thread out there.[/QUOTE]

Didn't realize the steam 4-pack was so close in price. That would be much better than here, with no shiipping and auto-updating. Thanks for letting me know.

I liked Rise of the Argonauts! But there's plenty of problems with it, don't get me wrong. Needs more action and the story is plodding and the ending is atrocious. But I enjoyed beating heads in with my mace.

Man, good price on Borderlands. I recommend it to anyone who likes playing co-op with friends, because the game is a blast. Hope the zombie expansion comes out soon.

Rise of the Argonauts was decent - but it needed more action, honestly.

About Borderlands - awesome game. Bought it last week. Just, two minor complaints: I think the ending's quite anti-climatic and the story is not really deep (as expected, as this is a FPS/ARPG first and foremost).

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']It's actually only about $.10 cheaper than if you were to go in on a 4-pack via Steam. I went that route here on CAG, and I believe there is still a group-buy thread out there.[/QUOTE]

I rather get my teeth pulled then to wait for a game the size of borderlands to download, plus you don't get the DVD. Digital should always be at leat $10 less then physical.

$36.90 plus shipping is a much better deal then the steam 4-pack in my opinion, but maybe im just a little old.

[quote name='halomaster']I rather get my teeth pulled then to wait for a game the size of borderlands to download, plus you don't get the DVD. Digital should always be at leat $10 less then physical.

$36.90 plus shipping is a much better deal then the steam 4-pack in my opinion, but maybe im just a little old.[/QUOTE]

Nah, I agree. It's a great game though nevertheless and you're money won't be wasted.

It should be known that free shipping with GoGamer is ridiculous. I believe they use media mail to ship almost anything using free shipping, so don't expect to have it within the next few days. I think the last time I ordered a few games from them, it took over a week to receive them.

If anybody from GoGamer happens to be listening, You've got at least one guaranteed sale if you decide to put Arcanum in the next Madness. :D

Been looking to grab that game for the last few weeks for some reason, but it's more expensive than I expected it to be.

F@CK!!!!! ordered something from gogamer, it came yesterday and the disk was dislodged from case!!!!!!!! i need to do a return!!! pain in the a**!!!!!! I wish they would package better. i hope this will be easy to do a return.

[quote name='polo14player']F@CK!!!!! ordered something from gogamer, it came yesterday and the disk was dislodged from case!!!!!!!! i need to do a return!!! pain in the a**!!!!!! I wish they would package better. i hope this will be easy to do a return.[/QUOTE]

untie those panties .... the disc could be fine, a few minor scratches but you'll get more headaches from the return than anything that disc may do to you.

[quote name='xycury']untie those panties .... the disc could be fine, a few minor scratches but you'll get more headaches from the return than anything that disc may do to you.[/QUOTE]
I agree. Returns to GoGamer are somewhat unpleasant and difficult. You're better off just keeping the disc as long as it is playable.

bread's done
Back