Got fired over the Best Buy B2G1 promo

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
220 replies to this topic

#61 DaftPunkFan37

DaftPunkFan37

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2009 - 05:44 AM

You knew about a glitch in the system and you took advantage of it to Fuck Best Buy out of $50. Do you think $50 is a big deal to them? Of course not. But, you willingly skipped over the stated rules (Which I am sure they are stated somewhere, and if not, it's pretty much logic that they won't give you the most expensive game for free) and did what you did. You can get fired from retail for letting friends use your employee discount. I'm honestly glad I have one less greedy Fuck working at Best Buy now. Maybe I'll start shopping there again ;)

^-- Winner
the mau5 sounds like thisssssssss
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#62 Chairman_LMAO

Chairman_LMAO

The Talent

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2009 - 05:51 AM

You knew about a glitch in the system and you took advantage of it to Fuck Best Buy out of $50. Do you think $50 is a big deal to them? Of course not. But, you willingly skipped over the stated rules (Which I am sure they are stated somewhere, and if not, it's pretty much logic that they won't give you the most expensive game for free) and did what you did. You can get fired from retail for letting friends use your employee discount. I'm honestly glad I have one less greedy Fuck working at Best Buy now. Maybe I'll start shopping there again ;)

Ferris Bueller, you're my hero.

OP really thinks he did nothing wrong? He's either an idiot or this is an elaborate (and unfunny) troll attempt.

#63 DaftPunkFan37

DaftPunkFan37

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2009 - 05:53 AM

Ferris Bueller, you're my hero.

OP really thinks he did nothing wrong? He's either an idiot or this is an elaborate (and unfunny) troll attempt.

I assume the former.
the mau5 sounds like thisssssssss
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#64 beakey56

beakey56

I can't wait for that thread. So shall we start making bets what he gets fired for at his next job? I say for taking items that were returned as broken that needs to be shipped out, but instead he takes them home since theyre broken and then gives them to all his friends and family. After he gets enough of the broken items he decides to have a garage sale and post the flyers everywhere, including at his store that he will be having a garage sale on broke merchandise he took home from the store. I will be honest though, I am having great fun in this thread. :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

Does he at least feel bad?

I love how everyone assumes that I just makes threads here complaining about things in my life all the time. My main reason for writting this is to see if other people have gotten in trouble over this deal as it seems like a lot of people used it here. I want to know if anyone had any problems with their reward zone cards after this and if anyone else got in trouble from their jobs over this. There are 5-7 people getting fired from my store over this and it sucks.

Arguing with me about whether what I did was right or wrong is pointless because I am not going to change my mind.

I'm glad your having fun though :roll:.

#65 Squarehard

Squarehard

He could have made it off as one if he stopped posting like 7 posts ago, but doesn't look like its a troll attempt at this point. :cold:
Posted Image

#66 lilboo

lilboo

Not addicted to WoW

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2009 - 05:55 AM

What you did wrong was tell people. Don't trust people. They suck.

Now Playing:
:pc: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

:pc: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

:wiiu: Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

:3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

:3ds: Pokemon Battle Trozei

#67 beakey56

beakey56

Posted 05 November 2009 - 05:57 AM

I'd definitely pursue prosecution in this case if it was my store your lucky they only fired you and didn't seek further action or restitution.

Well even if I was in Houston Texas ass face you still wouldn't be able to come after me legally because I didn't do anything against the law.

#68 Chairman_LMAO

Chairman_LMAO

The Talent

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2009 - 05:57 AM

Arguing with me about whether what I did was right or wrong is pointless because I am not going to change my mind.

I was right, you're an idiot. Go to jail.

#69 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 05 November 2009 - 05:59 AM

I love how everyone assumes that I just makes threads here complaining about things in my life all the time. My main reason for writting this is to see if other people have gotten in trouble over this deal as it seems like a lot of people used it here. I want to know if anyone had any problems with their reward zone cards after this and if anyone else got in trouble from their jobs over this. There are 5-7 people getting fired from my store over this and it sucks.

I actually still have many friends that work at Best Buy, and I think about 10 of them who did this promotion are still not fired. The way they went about it was to abuse it first before anyone realized it, then they brought it up to the manager and then it made them look like the hero and the managers were okay with it. My biggest problem is not so much that you exploited the system, but there are a lot of different ways you could have gone about this. If you were a regular customer, no big deal. Who cares. And even if it isn't illegal, it still was not a great move telling your friend who works for the company and then buying the game yourself. You should have just denied all of it in the first place since you said you paid with cash. You don't have to change your mind, but you probably should accept most people won't change theirs either. :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:
Posted Image

#70 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2009 - 06:16 AM

The problem OP is you are too trusting. First you trusted your friend not to tell anyone. Second you trusted that it will be better if you return the game.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#71 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2009 - 06:45 AM

No games?
No job?
No dignity...

#72 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 05 November 2009 - 07:07 AM

I'm not gonna lie, there is no way in hell i would have returned those games.

#73 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 05 November 2009 - 07:10 AM

First mistake you made OP was buying so many games. Second mistake you made was telling someone else about it, as they probably 'ratted you out'. Last mistake you made was returning the games you did buy.

I would've told them to eat shit personally.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#74 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2009 - 07:24 AM

No games?
No job?
No dignity...

He apparently doesn't have very good friends, either.

#75 mrx001

mrx001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2009 - 07:32 AM

Well,sounds like you'll need to find yourself a new job,and a set of new friends.

#76 striker199

striker199

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2009 - 07:51 AM

all our local stores said only $59.99 games qualified for that deal

#77 jirotokio

jirotokio

Posted 05 November 2009 - 08:19 AM

I must say thanks to the OP. I have not laughed this hard in a good while. Keep up the good work. Please keep us posted when you get fired from your next job!

#78 fuss

fuss

Insert Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2009 - 08:31 AM

I would have ratted you out in a heartbeat... you do know bby offers up to $1000 in reward money if you turn in a fellow employee that is stealing. One of your friends just got paid.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#79 dmdragon

dmdragon

Likes PIE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2009 - 08:35 AM

How is it shady? It doesn't say anything about the cheapest one coming out free in the ad

LOL. Hey genius. Read the bottom of the ad, it says, and I quote "Products must be purchased on the same receipt. Free game must be of equal or lesser value"

Good luck with that one in court ROFL

I work at one. our ethics course says even if we overhear something on the elevator and then react to it, it's insider trading and if caught we'll be fired.

And fined by the SEC
And probably do some jail time ;)

But you know this. Ask Martha Stewart

#80 V Gundam

V Gundam

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2009 - 08:49 AM

Did they agree not to sue you? Don't be surprised in a couple months you receive a letter from their lawyers suing you because of an assortment of damages. Also there are 3rd party companies that are paided to provide this info about you as part of a background check. A lot of companies use this service and the info can be used for 7 years so I would hurry and get a job before this starts showing up on your report.

#81 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2009 - 08:56 AM

lol, oh man. Fun knee.

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#82 dv8mad

dv8mad

Fulfilling

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:04 AM

If they did consider it theft as they stated in their letter to you, then the friend that ratted you out may have gotten some cash.
I don't know if they still have the Honesty Pays program, but they did back when I worked there.
Ratting out a guy I knew was stealing completely paid for my first trip to Japan!
Hmmm... I feel a blog post coming on when I get home tonight! ;)

#83 Chairman_LMAO

Chairman_LMAO

The Talent

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:14 AM

If they did consider it theft as they stated in their letter to you, then the friend that ratted you out may have gotten some cash.
I don't know if they still have the Honesty Pays program, but they did back when I worked there.
Ratting out a guy I knew was stealing completely paid for my first trip to Japan!
Hmmm... I feel a blog post coming on when I get home tonight! ;)

YomiJ Gaiden? I could go for that.

#84 intoxicated662

intoxicated662

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:17 AM

You got greedy and told someone what you did so you did this to yourself and it caught up to you. I don't know what is worse..the fact that you returned the games and admitted fault to them or the fact that you even bothered to attempt this sale/glitch with rock revolution. You worked there and did it yourself. You're not the bright one out of the crayon box.

#85 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2009 - 10:39 AM

When did they start hiring the mentally handicapped at Best Buy? Good for them.

I wish CAG would run a CAG's Dumbest Criminals every year. We have plenty around here to nominate. The best part is that he doesn't even realize what he did was a crime.

#86 dmdragon

dmdragon

Likes PIE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2009 - 11:40 AM

When did they start hiring the mentally handicapped at Best Buy? Good for them.

I wish CAG would run a CAG's Dumbest Criminals every year. We have plenty around here to nominate. The best part is that he doesn't even realize what he did was a crime.

Of course the criminal never does.

Last I heard there wasn't one "guilty" person in prison... Except Redd of course*

*kudos if you get that

#87 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2009 - 12:09 PM

Someone want to put this on consumerist for a really good laugh? :P

No doubt best buy is starting to monitor glitches and taking actions against employees who exploit the system. Customers can get away (for the most part), because usually discovery of these glitches are accidental or best buy can usually blame a cashier for this..nothing happens to the customer unless they really push the system by doing it several times during the promo/gitch...but I doubt a ban would happen anyways as they need our money.

#88 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2009 - 12:26 PM

I don't know what is worse..the fact that you returned the games and admitted fault to them or the fact that you even bothered to attempt this sale/glitch with rock revolution.

..or the fact he comes here to post and get sympathy...

We really do need a CAG's Dumbest Criminal vote this year--how many have we had this year?? C'mon Cheapy, do it!!

#89 Loonknight

Loonknight

Dirk The Daring

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2009 - 12:32 PM

That was one nasty glitch. I wouldn't be surprised if the employees that also rang you up didn't get some type of disciplinary action. I'm sure a "good" employee would notice that if X game rang up for $60 then the other two games at $5 each and when they hit the total key the discount took the $60 off they should notice the discrepancy or at least raise an eyebrow.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Raise your bananas ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

#90 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2009 - 01:19 PM

When I worked at sears a guy did something simliar once. They had b1 g1 on some of their clothes. We realized if you got to the payment portion of the transaction then went back and removed the first item the free item still remained. He had his roommate come in several times a day until the sale was over to get free clothes.
Also one weekend they had 10 dollar off any purchase coupons for applying for a sears card. This worked even if you were declined. He took a stack and went to several different stores getting things that were close to 10 dollars. Not really worth my time to run around and get 10 dollar junk but whatever.
He got fired eventually for a seperate incident where he clearanced a 37 inch hd tv to 20 bucks and had a friend buy it. They told him to return it and he never did and they didn't pursue it. This was back when all 37 inch hd tvs were at least 900 or so.