Modern Warfare 2 Elite Bundle FOUND today at Target

Grisom

CAGiversary!
I was pursuing the isles at my local target today and saw this sitting the the 360 section.

DSC00245.jpg

It was just sitting with the other consoles right out in the open. I'm assuming it's for sale, though I didn't want to ask for fear of alerting the store to it's possible breach of street date and thus losing the opportunity for others the pick one up. In the off chance they're just toying with us by throwing em in the case, I apologize...But it's still pretty fun to stare at...Longingly...:hot:

(The Target in questions is the one on 330 Turnpike Rd, Westboro MA)

[quote name='Grisom']I was pursuing the isles at my local target today and saw this sitting the the 360 section.

DSC00245.jpg

It was just sitting with the other consoles right out in the open. I'm assuming it's for sale, though I didn't want to ask for fear of alerting the store to it's possible breach of street date and thus losing the opportunity for others the pick one up. In the off chance they're just toying with us by throwing em in the case, I apologize...But it's still pretty fun to stare at...Longingly...:hot:

(The Target in questions is the one on 330 Turnpike Rd, Westboro MA)[/QUOTE]

I remember going to that Target. I say you buy it and flip it!

If they allowed you to buy it for whatever reason and you started playing COD:MW2 wouldn't MS ban you from live? I think I remember reading something like that happening with Halo 3. Anyone know?

Nope, legit game users wont get banned, i personally got quite a few games early from a local game store. And if you did, you probally would have a serious case against microsoft.

Also, got a feeling that 360 wont sell, i remember a few local targets had GTA:Chinatown Wars like 3+ days before release for PSP (They did the same thing with Gran Turismo, and Gears of War 2), and whenever they try to ring it up at the register, it wont allow them to sell it.

[quote name='Collectorguy00']If they allowed you to buy it for whatever reason and you started playing COD:MW2 wouldn't MS ban you from live? I think I remember reading something like that happening with Halo 3. Anyone know?[/QUOTE]

NO NO NO. That was only people that pirated it, they would never ban you for playing a game early.

[quote name='the_punisher']NO NO NO. That was only people that pirated it, they would never ban you for playing a game early.[/QUOTE]

Ah, ok, that makes more sense. I thought that would be a little extreme but I never really researched it.

[quote name='Grisom']
I didn't want to ask for fear of alerting the store to it's possible breach of street date and thus losing the opportunity for others the pick one up.[/QUOTE]

They'll most likely find out about it when they try to sell it to those other people.

^^Also, how are they going to tell the difference between a pirated copy and a legit copy before the street date? It's illegal either way.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Nope, legit game users wont get banned, i personally got quite a few games early from a local game store. And if you did, you probally would have a serious case against microsoft.[/QUOTE]

How's that?

But seriously, if you could buy that thing, and toss it on ebay, you could probally make a massive amount of profit from someone who is desperate to get it early. I mean....if people pay 1000+ dollars for Uncharted 2 LE, i dont see why that wouldnt work.

[quote name='the_punisher']NO NO NO. That was only people that pirated it, they would never ban you for playing a game early.[/QUOTE]
YES SIR! O_O
They can also track where games and consoles have shipped so if you bought it and started playing it, they would see that it's already shipped to your area. If they did ban you though and you had a receipt, they would unban you and provide you with pop tarts.

[quote name='USB Cable']YES SIR! O_O
They can also track where games and consoles have shipped so if you bought it and started playing it, they would see that it's already shipped to your area. If they did ban you though and you had a receipt, they would unban you and provide you with pop tarts.[/QUOTE]

Great, i love pop tarts.

490311686_d17039546b.jpg

Mmm.

[quote name='Survivalism']^^Also, how are they going to tell the difference between a pirated copy and a legit copy before the street date? It's illegal either way.[/QUOTE]

It's not illegal to sell before street date. Microsoft would just rather you not, and will probably stop shipping early to any retailer who does it regularly.

But Microsoft's preferences aren't law, you're not breaking a law by buying a game early.

Pirating a game, on the other hand, is obviously illegal.

Lol Microsoft Pop-Tarts, wonder if you have to pay a fee to take each bite XD.

And seriously, anyone who hacks/pirates thier 360 then whines about getting banned is an idiot.

I'm seriously contemplating this just to get MW2 early... Gonna check out my local Target tomorrow after work.

[quote name='nietzsche74']This is impossible.[/QUOTE]
Uh, why? Target did the same exact thing with the RE5 console bundle.

I think he was being sarcastic. These arrived at most retail stores today. This and the prestige edition, anyway. Still haven't received the regular version of the game or the hardened edition.

Its possible o_O, but even if they did recieve just MW2 by itself, i highly doubt they would sell it to you, i was in Targets just the other day, and saw a few copies of Tekken 6 and a few other new games that had huge "DO NOT SELL BEFORE XX DATE" stickers on the front and top of the cases.

Damn, why in the blue hell wouldn't you buy it? You have nothing to lose, and everything to gain. The worst that can happen if you ask is they'll say "Sorry, we can't sell it yet..that's a display box only" or something like that..and if you can buy it, then flip it on eBay for massive profit.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Its possible o_O, but even if they did recieve just MW2 by itself, i highly doubt they would sell it to you, i was in Targets just the other day, and saw a few copies of Tekken 6 and a few other new games that had huge "DO NOT SELL BEFORE XX DATE" stickers on the front and top of the cases.[/QUOTE]

That's the same thing my copy of Mass Effect said at K-Mart. It was dated a week from when I bought it.

If their computer doesn't lock you out, they usually don't care. Never doubt how lazy a minimum wage employee can be.

Targets near me released Wolfenstein for PC a few days early, but I didn't bother checking if I could buy one because I wasn't interested in it for PC.

Lol theres a huge difference between K-Mart and Targets >_>. I rarely have EVER heard of Targets selling games before release dates. Though i have heard of K-Marts and Walmarts doing it early.

well stores have been getting them in the past few days. i saw walmart and gamestop getting big boxes in with rather large warnings and stickers to not open and break street date until the 10th lol
If someone doesn't pay attention and wants to sell it, go for it.

I work in the electronics department at target, and someone at my store put out this bundle early too. Target's registers will not ring up items prior to their release dates. If an employee were to scan it on the register a message would pop up saying "Cannot Sell Until xx/xx"

[quote name='dgwillia006']But seriously, if you could buy that thing, and toss it on ebay, you could probally make a massive amount of profit from someone who is desperate to get it early. I mean....if people pay 1000+ dollars for Uncharted 2 LE, i dont see why that wouldnt work.[/QUOTE]
It's not going for much right now believe it or not.

[quote name='Phathead Phil']I work in the electronics department at target, and someone at my store put out this bundle early too. Target's registers will not ring up items prior to their release dates. If an employee were to scan it on the register a message would pop up saying "Cannot Sell Until xx/xx"[/QUOTE]

Told ya :). Same thing happened to me when i tried to get Soul Calibur 4 early at a Walmart, the exployee couldnt ring it up, and the manager came and took all the copies and put them back in the storage area.

And the U2 LE WAS selling for that much, but the price dropped, i just remember seeing the auction up on Ebay for like 800+ dollars, didnt check anymore after that one.

Stories like this make me giggle. Most retail stores are probably hiring their part-time seasonal help right about now... I wouldn't be surprised if some unwitting newbie put it in thinking "o hay were outta elites!"

[quote name='dgwillia006']Its possible o_O, but even if they did recieve just MW2 by itself, i highly doubt they would sell it to you, i was in Targets just the other day, and saw a few copies of Tekken 6 and a few other new games that had huge "DO NOT SELL BEFORE XX DATE" stickers on the front and top of the cases.[/QUOTE]

They didn't have any of the actual game sitting on the shelves, but I don't think it's unlikely that if you went to buy the console someone wouldn't sell it to you. It's sitting in a case with all the others with no stickers or deterrents, not to mention that most employees at these places generally don't know a very much about the games they are selling...

I mean, with the console, theres always the chance you can buy it early, but with the game by itself, 9 times outta 10, the register is gonna lock up on you.

buy it then bay it for $600 = profit lol

I am sure some high school fps kid will beg his parent to bid it

[quote name='JAB5']Damn, why in the blue hell wouldn't you buy it? You have nothing to lose, and everything to gain. The worst that can happen if you ask is they'll say "Sorry, we can't sell it yet..that's a display box only" or something like that..and if you can buy it, then flip it on eBay for massive profit.[/QUOTE]

I (due to personal finances) really shouldn't be blowing that much right now on something I might have trouble reselling....But if it's there tomorrow I might try it.

I posted this mainly so that others could take advantage of it, or try to anyway.

[quote name='Jonsoncao']buy it then bay it for $600 = profit lol

I am sure some high school fps kid will beg his parent to bid it[/QUOTE]

Seriously, if i found it at a Targets here, i'd buy that thing without a second thought. If you got any less than 600 for it online, i would be shocked.

And if no one bids, you could always just return it

Well ... I know where I'm going tomorrow morning. How many were out just the one? I'll take my chances with not being able to buy it

Perfect to because mine RROD last week haha

[quote name='strikeratt']How many were out just the one?[/QUOTE]

There were a few of em back there. Good luck getting one! :)

Good chance MS would ban you. I've heard reports of people getting games early from retailers and getting banned from Live for playing them before the street date.

Also, I kind of doubt it would sell. I work at a Target, and a few months back, the registers started hardlocking themselves for street date items, not allowing the sale. Honestly, it's good that Target finally did that, because we have so many people in our backroom, that any one of those people could pull something without knowing it's street dated and put it on the floor.

[quote name='Zeldafanatic15']Good chance MS would ban you. I've heard reports of people getting games early from retailers and getting banned from Live for playing them before the street date.

Also, I kind of doubt it would sell. I work at a Target, and a few months back, the registers started hardlocking themselves for street date items, not allowing the sale. Honestly, it's good that Target finally did that, because we have so many people in our backroom, that any one of those people could pull something without knowing it's street dated and put it on the floor.[/QUOTE]

I'll get this one guys ... you will be banned if you are playing a pirate copy early not legit copies. It is not the consumers fault someone broke a street date

[quote name='Grisom']There were a few of em back there. Good luck getting one! :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks ... it gives me something to do before work ... and all day friday if I do get it :D

If I saw that I would have bought it without a doubt. Maybe I'll go to my local Target tomorrow and see if I can get lucky.

[quote name='strikeratt']I'll get this one guys ... you will be banned if you are playing a pirate copy early not legit copies. It is not the consumers fault someone broke a street date

Thanks ... it gives me something to do before work ... and all day friday if I do get it :D[/QUOTE]

you can also get banned even if you have the game...only difference is that if you do have the game you can get unban by showing them a proof of your receipt...

I was reading on another forum that Wal-mart was already selling these console...

The thing is, MS doesn't know if you are just someone buying the game legit or if you're a dishonest game store employee just getting the game early. I've known people who have been banned for both reasons. I just wouldn't risk it period.

bread's done
Back