CAGcast #177: Gay Friendly

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][img-l=4668]3078[/img-l]Cheapy, Wombat, and Shipwreck join forces to review Bayonetta, Borderlands, and DJ Hero. We also talk Dragon Age: Origins, the Modern Warfare 2 F.A.G.S. controversy, industry and game shopping news, your questions and comments from the CAGbag and Twitter and oh so much more!

[podcast]86[/podcast]
Download - 114 minutes, 48MB

Review us on iTunes!

Support the CAGcast with these GoDaddy coupon codes:
10% off any order = CAG10
$5 off $30 = CAG5OFF30
$6.95 domain = CAGDOMAIN [/preview]

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

Bonus Photos:

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha eww black condoms...let's say I know exactly what you're talking about Cheapy...makes the whole experience less enjoyable..

[quote name='chakan']still isn't showing up in iTunes for me. I'll try again in the morning.[/QUOTE]
Gotta subscribe...it will download automagically.

Best part...

When the calculator ran out of batteries.

Need to get a solar powered model. :p

Great show. Thanks!

Great show! Cagcontest entered!

I still think the name of the "marketplace" should be called "CagXchange"

Good show....too much crying about the IW video. Sometimes I think cheapy crys to damn much about things, sack up sweet lips.

Good cagcast, but disappointed that you guys do not have the ability to see the context of how the word was used in the video. Also for you to compare it to the same context when calling a black person a N***** shows you guys have been covered with the political correctness cloud that is slowly ruining everything. What good is freedom when we can't say things for fear of offending ANYONE, is the free world really free or are we now bound by the ever tightening shackles known as "Political Correctness". R.I.P Humor

Prime example of this is when Cheapy asks Wombat if this is a gayfriendly cagast and he says "it better be" " because he doesn't want to lose his job".

Last edited by a moderator:
i can never understand why anyone would be embarrassed to buy condoms. Especially large ones. It's like gloating without talking. Now if you have to buy small condoms i can't really understand your pain, but I can sympathize.
Stereotypes are stereotypes for a reason , because for the most part they are true. So if the teller wants to think about the size of my penis, if its a dude he can either get jealous cuz he's not as big or get jealous because he's stuck at work and I'm about to get some bootay. And better yet if its a chick you're showing her that you care enough to protect yourself and your partner while at the same time silently telling her the size of your penis! I'm sure she'll remember you for future visits.

Its a Win Win Win situation!

If we can't insult specific people in a game advertisement, are we really free?! What...will...become...of...us?! And Cheapy is the one who's crying. Oddly over-dramatic complaints about a simpler and less dramatic complaint.

Good CAGcast, apparently not for the children.

Honestly, should've gone with just the condoms. Buying condoms and a bunch of children's stuff just seems a bit more embarrassing.

I don't get it. Is this a social show? Like a book club for games? 2 hours? I listened to about 4 of these and I can't seem to finish them. I want to hear about the games and what you guys think of them. I don't want to listen to 3 guys talk about their personal lives, eating hamburgers, farting, and talking about nonsense that no one cares about. And whats with all the reviews on the lamest DS games? The section where you talk about the games is valued by me, I just wish I didn't have to sift through this drivel to get to it. Maybe bookmarks or chapters so we can listen to just what we want to listen to?

[quote name='SpazX']Honestly, should've gone with just the condoms. Buying condoms and a bunch of children's stuff just seems a bit more embarrassing.[/QUOTE]

If you are buying Super Big Boys though, it makes more sense to go ahead a make it a combo.

ComboHeader.jpg

[quote name='shipwreck']If you are buying Super Big Boys though, it makes more sense to go ahead a make it a combo.[/QUOTE]

Damn, now you've given me an idea.

Next time you see me I'll be a millionaire thanks to my drive thru fast food/contraception/sex toy business. Who could pass up a spicy chicken, 2 condoms, a dildo, and a coke for $9.99?

I hate the way clerks treat you when purchasing condoms. At least in my experience I go in not making a big deal about it and I always get stuck with some fat bitch giving me the stink eye over pre-marital sex. Maybe I'm just reading too much into it.

Great show again...and hooray for Shipwreck being on again :D.

Loved the Bayonetta impressions, and I'm really looking forward to it. Maybe I missed you saying it Cheapy, but which platform did you buy it for? Also, did you try out the super easy one handed fap mode?

I like it when the three of you are on the cast, it's just more enjoyable for some reason, I duno. I also don't know how I feel about the horse condoms, I mean it's pretty friggin cool to have a horse on your condoms, kinda says something but for the actual condom to be black, it's as if you're trying to pretend to have a horse dong which is weird in a furry kind of way.

[quote name='john8686']I don't get it. Is this a social show? Like a book club for games? 2 hours? I listened to about 4 of these and I can't seem to finish them. I want to hear about the games and what you guys think of them. I don't want to listen to 3 guys talk about their personal lives, eating hamburgers, farting, and talking about nonsense that no one cares about. And whats with all the reviews on the lamest DS games? The section where you talk about the games is valued by me, I just wish I didn't have to sift through this drivel to get to it. Maybe bookmarks or chapters so we can listen to just what we want to listen to?[/QUOTE]

You could just not listen. The majority of us come to the CAGcast because we like the personalities of CheapyD, Wombat, and Shipwreck (when he's on). If you just want video game info, stick to the video game blogs like Kotaku and Joystiq. You say no one cares about the other stuff, but you're wrong. You're in the minority. If that wasn't true, the podcast wouldn't be as popular as it is.

This is like a radio show. The hosts are why I listen. I like Cheapy's stories from Japan. I like Wombat's corny jokes. I like that Cheapy shares his personal life with the site. That's where the heart of the show is, in the people who host it. Without all of that I wouldn't care what Wombat thinks about Dragon Age or what Cheapy's driving in Forza 3.

Shipwreck, I had the exact same problem of not being able to print the return label when I went to send in my 360 in for repair. I tried 3 different browsers on 2 different computers.

I just deleted the return and did it over again and requested that MS mail me the label. It took over 2 weeks just to get the label but it worked.

OMG! Cheapy, your condom story is hilarious!

Just an idea for something you guys may want to mention with your GoDaddy coupons that some listeners many not be aware of. Registering your domain does not necessarily mean you are going to build your own page from scratch. You can also apply your custom domain to an existing page (ie Google’s Blogger makes it really easy to use your own URL with your free web page. Other blog hosting sites allow the same feature). Also, my favorite thing to do with your new shiny domain name, Google Apps will host email for you for free using you new domain name. Basically you get the same gmail interface and space allowance, but instead of @gmail.com you can have @yourdomainname.com which is kinda cool for only $6ish per year. Again, Google makes setting this up really easy!
Anyway, I’m sure you guys get something for giving GoDaddy more business, so you may want to mention some cool stuff you can do with your new domain name.

Again, great show! You guys should talk about Torchlight for PC. Really fun game!

[quote name='CheapyD']Gotta subscribe...it will download automagically.[/QUOTE]

I'm subscribed in iTunes and it didn't show up in my library. I refreshed until midnight (central time). Will get it streaming on my iPhone since I didn't download it.

Great show. Just downloaded Halo Waypoint. Looks like all but one of the Avatar Awards are tied to ODST Achievements. The other one unlocks for using the guide in Waypoint. I'm a level 24 Halo gamer. I have only played Halo3 and Halo Wars! What level are you guys?

[quote name='actripxl']Good cagcast, but disappointed that you guys do not have the ability to see the context of how the word was used in the video. Also for you to compare it to the same context when calling a black person a N***** shows you guys have been covered with the political correctness cloud that is slowly ruining everything. What good is freedom when we can't say things for fear of offending ANYONE, is the free world really free or are we now bound by the ever tightening shackles known as "Political Correctness". R.I.P Humor

Prime example of this is when Cheapy asks Wombat if this is a gayfriendly cagast and he says "it better be" " because he doesn't want to lose his job".[/QUOTE]

I haven't gotten to this part in the podcast yet, but I'll give my two cents because I can. I'm not going to comment on whether or not that type of humor is objectively funny; some people derive negative reactions from derogatory humor, some find it hilarious, and some are apathetic (and that's a completely unrelated topic...is Jeff Dunham the same as Dave Chappelle, for example?).

The main issue I have with the video is that some members of the Call of Duty community (and many idiots on XBL/the internets) are notorious for using that word in a hurtful (unfunny) context, not to mention the 'n' word and plenty of other hateful language. No matter the intent of IW's joke, they bring to mind that specific subset of morons that play their game simply by using that joke in their video.

[quote name='john8686']I don't get it. Is this a social show? Like a book club for games? 2 hours? I listened to about 4 of these and I can't seem to finish them. I want to hear about the games and what you guys think of them. I don't want to listen to 3 guys talk about their personal lives, eating hamburgers, farting, and talking about nonsense that no one cares about. And whats with all the reviews on the lamest DS games? The section where you talk about the games is valued by me, I just wish I didn't have to sift through this drivel to get to it. Maybe bookmarks or chapters so we can listen to just what we want to listen to?[/QUOTE]

well take your @$$ back over to NeoGaf and b***h about it over there.

[quote name='actripxl']Good cagcast, but disappointed that you guys do not have the ability to see the context of how the word was used in the video. Also for you to compare it to the same context when calling a black person a N***** shows you guys have been covered with the political correctness cloud that is slowly ruining everything. What good is freedom when we can't say things for fear of offending ANYONE, is the free world really free or are we now bound by the ever tightening shackles known as "Political Correctness". R.I.P Humor

Prime example of this is when Cheapy asks Wombat if this is a gayfriendly cagast and he says "it better be" " because he doesn't want to lose his job".[/QUOTE]

The problem is you can say whatever you want, but should you?
I glad Cheapy has some values and standards.

If Cheapy found F.A.G.S. offensive, then thats his prerogative.
If he didn't find any humor in it, why should you care?

R.I.P. Decency

I think you guys need to really expand on that idea of giving a plug to websites that bought a domain name using the cag coupon code.

Not only offer a plug on the show, but a review of the site.
You going to have to do more to motivate people into buying a domain name and web hosting.
Maybe even set up a forum post for websites that use the coupon code and a feature blog post.

I loved the show, it was one of the best since I started listening.

About the MW2 Controversy:
MW2 is a MATURE game. If the advertisement was placed on a website where you must verify your age, then that it is understandable. South Park just had a whole episode based off of that word, and Team America had the exact same joke as part of the movie. MW2 is a mature game, Team America is a mature movie, and South Park is a mature show. All three are well known, and notify that they are for mature audiences in trailers, before the show, ect. You can be offended that they used that word, you can be offended about the violence in the game, you can be offended about a lot of different things.

WARNING: MATURE AUDIENCES ONLY

[youtube][/youtube]

Modern Warfare 2 is building itself upon controversy. First the 3rd person view mode, then the opening level which can be skipped, then the near outright removal of party chat in the 360 version, and now the Grenade Spam video. It all reeks of a company (Infinity Ward) who has gotten a bit too cocky in what they're making and how it's being pitched. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the ending song during the credits just said "fuck you" to all the people who bought it over and over again.

[quote name='evil_twin']The problem is you can say whatever you want, but should you?
I glad Cheapy has some values and standards.

If Cheapy found F.A.G.S. offensive, then thats his prerogative.
If he didn't find any humor in it, why should you care?

R.I.P. Decency[/QUOTE]

Decency which is another way of saying censorship has no place when it comes to humor plain and simple nor for academics. The world has moved forward by individuals that push boundaries not those that conform to them.
For me to call a straight male a f** for using a cheap and "unmanly" tactic is not the same if I use it against a homosexual male simply because he's gay. Just like when some calls a person a N***er is not the same when they say N**ga, the context of the word in the conversation matters.
It matters not because Cheapy has anything to do with it, it matter because his and Wombats self censorship is the prevailing thought in media today. Yes this is just a blog but what good is media and journalism if certain subjects and words are taboo? I'd rather have some one call me a "spic" to my face than smile and pretend to like me, that way I know how to measure some one on what they really feel like.

[quote name='disbeleaf']I haven't gotten to this part in the podcast yet, but I'll give my two cents because I can. I'm not going to comment on whether or not that type of humor is objectively funny; some people derive negative reactions from derogatory humor, some find it hilarious, and some are apathetic (and that's a completely unrelated topic...is Jeff Dunham the same as Dave Chappelle, for example?).

The main issue I have with the video is that some members of the Call of Duty community (and many idiots on XBL/the internets) are notorious for using that word in a hurtful (unfunny) context, not to mention the 'n' word and plenty of other hateful language. No matter the intent of IW's joke, they bring to mind that specific subset of morons that play their game simply by using that joke in their video.[/QUOTE]

You're wrong yes many morons may use it in a demeaning manner, but IW CLEARY did not do that and simply used it a a humorous punch line. Whether you found it funny or not is irrelevant to the fact that they meant it in a funny way towards straight males that use cheap tactics.
This is why political correctness has clouded so many that they cannot see the context in which it was applied, and turned everyone to sensitive babies.

If you didn't find it funny so be it, but to me it was hilarious since grenade spamming is a cheap tactic that many use in COD. Hopefully grenade will TK and deduct points for TK'ing, since this will pretty much solve the grenade spamming problem.

Off to the library and then straight to work, feel free to send me messages for further debate on this matter which I will respond tomorrow and happy gaming everyone.

P.S. Borderland Rocks!

Nice show, they just coulda fix the MW2 video adding:
Fighting Relentlessly Against Grenade Spam: FRAGS :)

bread's done
Back