Feedback
12 (100%)
4mko8.jpg
1182713-bfbc2_pc_box_art_large.jpg

Game hit the states on 3/2/10

Official Website

Amazon - Steam

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if you get the key instantly.. cause when we preordered the first bad company we didn't have the money anymore... so we cancelled it. and still had the beta.. wonder if it would be the same here..

[quote name='Wolfen2k7']I wonder if you get the key instantly.. cause when i preordered the first bad company I didn't have the money anymore... so i cancelled it. and still had the beta.. wonder if it would be the same here..[/QUOTE]
For the PS3 version, yes. PC owners don't have to bother with pre-orders since it will be an open beta.

Haha, sweet. DICE confirmed BFBC2 will NOT support GFWL. That's just another plus for the game, since every experience I've had with GFWL has been shitty. If the beta is even half as good as BF2 was, then I'll be picking it up.

[quote name='Jodou']Haha, sweet. DICE confirmed BFBC2 will NOT support GFWL. That's just another plus for the game, since every experience I've had with GFWL has been shitty. If the beta is even half as good as BF2 was, then I'll be picking it up.[/QUOTE]

Aw, no achievements :(

[quote name='humidore']Aw, no achievements :([/QUOTE]
Yeah, bummer for achievement whores, but I'd rather have unlocks in the game that actually mean something over just points.

I would like both hahah or a built in system like DA:O..either way hooray for open beta. I'm glad there is one so I can see if my system can handle it smoothly.

I forgot to update this when the beta launch was pushed for PC, but has anyone heard news of when they plan to get this thing rolling? I needs something to play!

I have just heard very early next year, so I'm guessing January. I need to play more of the PS3 beta to get a better feel for the game. From what I've played it is really great, I get that same ol' Battlefield vibe when i play it.

So are they trying to kill PC gaming? I was thinking about later on when I get a PC made for gameing built buying some games that have come out on the 360 and PS3 for the PC that I already own. As of now it is for games only on the PC and FPSs.

I got excited seeing this bumped up thinking the PC beta has arrived and instead we get a half-assed version of dedicated servers?

[quote name='iskateguitars']I got excited seeing this bumped up thinking the PC beta has arrived and instead we get a half-assed version of dedicated servers?[/QUOTE]

PC beta does start at the end of the month. You have to preorder from Gamestop or EA to get an invite though.

Pre-order canceled.

I can believe it since this is EA we're talking about and not only did they renege the open beta (now you have to get a beta key? THAT'S NOT A fuckING OPEN BETA) but pulling a fast one like this is bullshit. I'll stick to Killing Floor even with the bugs and balance issues because we can do what we want, where we want.

For those who still care, here's the PC 'closed' beta dates.

Well that's disappointing. I was getting all excited too cause the multiplayer looks like a lot of fun. Sigh. Should have known it was too good to be true. I'll probably just rent it now.

Really? I was on the closed beta for a day and said fuck it. I would spawn run and get just out the gate and get shot. It was like that every time unless I got in a tank or something. Then it was once I got out. Give me COD4 anyday over that crap.

This game is incredible, played the PS3 beta for 10+ hours collectively. If you figure out how to survive, you can go 10, 20 minutes as you sneak up behind snipers, defuse bombs, rocket tanks, revive your teammates, get revived, and cruise across the whole map doing so. The squad respawn is genius, I just wish that everyone was a member of your squad. I'm so stoked for this to come out on PC so I can truly rock it, since the PS3 controller blows. A definite, MUST buy for me.

Beta goes live this afternoon, but I won't be participating due to the limited 'open' beta. From what I understand, only GameStop and D2D pre-orders are privy to beta codes. Buyer beware, GS will NOT allow you to cancel your pre-order once codes have been handed out. Additionally, the final AND beta versions will include SecuROM. During beta, you will be allowed to secure your final soldier name for retail, so that's a bonus if you care.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Steam also has the beta, and you also get the 6 bonus perks/guns.[/QUOTE]
I'm assuming those perks are the same included in the limited edition retail?

[quote name='Jodou']I'm assuming those perks are the same included in the limited edition retail?[/QUOTE]

I believe that's correct.

The beta just went up on Steam. Downloading now.

Seems like the usual DICE cluster... all three sites they link to for downloading the client are down. I tried signing up to get a key and that form's broken, too.

Anyone who actually gets to play, I'd love to know what's changed from the PS3 beta, especially how the controls compare to previous PC Battlefields.

[quote name='metaly']Seems like the usual DICE cluster... all three sites they link to for downloading the client are down. I tried signing up to get a key and that form's broken, too.

Anyone who actually gets to play, I'd love to know what's changed from the PS3 beta, especially how the controls compare to previous PC Battlefields.[/QUOTE]

You could download the 360 demo.

Played for about 30 minutes. Game seems buggy. In-game friends list doesnt work, my friends server browser has disappeared, games are laggy even with a 15 ping, etc...

It runs great though. Settings maxed at 1920x1200 with AA and AF at 4X and its buttery smooth.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']You could download the 360 demo.[/QUOTE]

I'm mostly interested in how the controls are on the PC, whether they have stuff like the old commo rose, etc. Interface-wise, the 360 demo is probably identical to the PS3 version.

For everyone thinking this would be the MW2 killer...keep waiting. The game plays like crap. you have to waste clips and clips of ammo to kill a single enemy, the guns have terrible accuracy problems, ROCKETS don't kill enemies half the time, the registration of hits is awful, people camp spawns with tanks, etc...

Bad, bad, bad game is bad.

Oh, and it's basically been unplayable all day due to massive lag and the game constantly crashing to desktop. The games you can get into are filled with what I mentioned above. So glad I got this game for free.

Its still a beta, Dice is working on the lag issues. At the forums they have commented on such stuff as the server browser and what not.

Dont you think that the lag might have something to do with you having to empty a mag into a dude to die?

Don't forget to post your input on their forums also so the dev's actually get to see your issues with the game and perhaps maybe even fix them if there are enough ppl who complained about the same things... remember its still a BETA :)

I think that when they fix the beta issues the game will be great.

I got to play early this morning before the lag was an issue, and I still experienced everything I mentioned above.

[quote name='SEH']For everyone thinking this would be the MW2 killer...keep waiting. The game plays like crap. you have to waste clips and clips of ammo to kill a single enemy, the guns have terrible accuracy problems, ROCKETS don't kill enemies half the time, the registration of hits is awful, people camp spawns with tanks, etc...

Bad, bad, bad game is bad.

Oh, and it's basically been unplayable all day due to massive lag and the game constantly crashing to desktop. The games you can get into are filled with what I mentioned above. So glad I got this game for free.[/QUOTE]

Hmm...I loved part 1 so I'm curious to see what you said is true. Like someone said earlier...could be a "lag" issue and it's still a beta. But I'm curious to see for myself.

I'll just have to wait until release or get a beta code online somewhere. not going to bother pre-ordering at GS for since I dont plan to buy it from there regardless.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']http://myinternetservices.com/

More keys, no need to create account. Just give an email.[/QUOTE]

That worked just fine. Just an FYI though, they e-mail it to you and it turned up in my junk mail folder. I sat there and stared at the "Loading..." text for a couple minutes before I thought to check my e-mail.

Tried the beta for a bit and it's fun. It feels good to play Battlefield with a keyboard/mouse again, although I'm not a fan of Rush mode. It is way too chaotic with the whole team charging one spot on the map.

This game feels incredibly wonky. Movement feels slidey and everything feels very light. Not to mention that whole lag thing (Yes I know it's getting fixed)

I'll try again in a week. Until then this is a total pass.

EDIT: I take it back, it's not the game. It's the lag. I joined a server and it was like night and day, I was playing well and not sliding and skipping around. Once they get all that sorted out I'm sure it'll be a far more enjoyable beta.

EDIT2: Just got done playing the 360 demo, it's rather clear who they turned their attention to first. It runs exceptionally well, I love it on the console (Aside from not being able to M&K) If these problems persist I'm just going to break down and buy it on 360.

[quote name='SEH']For everyone thinking this would be the MW2 killer...keep waiting.[/QUOTE]
I don't think anyone was expecting it to be. The gaming world doesn't need MW2 or Halo killers, just better games.

Both links are out of beta keys FYI. :\

[quote name='Jodou']I don't think anyone was expecting it to be. The gaming world doesn't need MW2 or Halo killers, just better games.

Both links are out of beta keys FYI. :\[/QUOTE]

Trust me, I've read TONS of posts from various boards with people saying this would be the MW2 killer. Granted, it's only a beta, but if it's any indication of what the final game will be like, it's not going to be anything special.

I really think the problem of needing a whole clip to kill someone is mainly lag. It happened to me too, but there were also times 1 small burst took guys down too. Aim for the head.

What annoys me the most at the moment is you have to use the Play Now button cause the server list causes crash to desktop. I keep getting connected to servers in Europe...that blows. So it's trial and error till you find a US server.

[quote name='SEH']Trust me, I've read TONS of posts from various boards with people saying this would be the MW2 killer.[/QUOTE]
They're idiots. Either way, my clan has been enjoying the beta so far and since we played a lot of BF2, I guess I'm sort of stuck getting it or missing out. Blind buy for me, but thanks to ECA it's not as much of a gamble. ;)

[quote name='TLPRIME']I really think the problem of needing a whole clip to kill someone is mainly lag. It happened to me too, but there were also times 1 small burst took guys down too. Aim for the head.

What annoys me the most at the moment is you have to use the Play Now button cause the server list causes crash to desktop. I keep getting connected to servers in Europe...that blows. So it's trial and error till you find a US server.[/QUOTE]
and i keep getting american servers.... wanna switch? :p

1st server i joined was lag free and everything ran great. 3 hours passed like 5 mins (takes me back to the BF2 days...almost). Not knowing your health kind of sucks. And I heal others just holding the bag right? Do they heal faster when I drop it?

humidore - really no difference in healing aside from the fact that you can throw it at them or just throw in on the ground. If I see someone staying in a spot, I just throw it near them and move on.

Earlier, I was playing a game and unloaded a whole clip point blank on a guys back and he was still alive. I knifed him and got the kill w/his tag. They need more US servers to fix this lag issue.

Game's still impossible to play during the day (especially right now) when people are on. So incredibly laggy. Guess my friends and I will have to wait until 1AM to play the game, just like last night.

bread's done
Back