Photo
- - - - -

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 PC Discussion

• Please log in to reply
462 replies to this topic

#451 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:54 PM

Anyone know a good time to find games in the base game? I can never find multiplayer, I haven't made it into one match since I bought it from the holiday sale.

I usually get a full 3-4 pages on my list AFTER sorting full, empty, HC and passworded. Something must be wrong with your copy or your router. Steam auto updates, right?

#452 RichMeisterMan

RichMeisterMan

Umbrella Executive

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:11 PM

FINALLY! They come forth with the information everyone wants to know!!!

Memphis Guitar Soul by Anders Lewen

#453 SEH

SEH

Paul's sister is an alien

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2011 - 06:23 PM

Re-installed this yesterday to try it out with my new rig. Is there a reason that changing the FOV in my settings file doesn't do anything anymore? The default 55 is fucking garbage. In the past I've been able to change it, but now no matter what I set it to, the game runs at 55. It's doing the same thing for my friends. Was there a patch the removed the ability to change FOV?

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#454 yester

yester

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2011 - 06:10 PM

I just bought this game and got it yesterday.
So i thought i play in the evening.
I can see the servers, but i can't connect to any of them.
What is going on? I read of port forwarding, trigger this etc...
Why do i have to do that.
Or if i do, how can i get this game to work so i can play multiplayer.
This is an outrage, i say. :bomb:

Oh, i use Windows Xp64, have a netgear router and any other game works fine. Great that companies make games unplayable or require you do jump through hoops.

#455 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 05 February 2011 - 08:37 PM

Is your game updated to the latest version?

#456 yester

yester

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2011 - 08:45 PM

Is your game updated to the latest version?

Yes, after installation it updated (which took almost an hour). I checked into the ports and forwarded ports and triggered some. I am a noob once it comes to routers.
I see all the servers, but can not connect to any of them.
Punkbuster is updated.
It does run on WinXP64 or? I read somewhere that it may not.
But i haven't found any real fix to this. Now i played some more with the ports and will try it out. If that doesn't work i just take my router out of the equation.

#457 yester

yester

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2011 - 11:15 PM

I tried it without my router and it still gives me an error.
Great game i say.
This is really the last game i every bought for the PC from EA.Fuck

#458 SEH

SEH

Paul's sister is an alien

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2011 - 11:23 PM

Its not the game, it's your PC dude. If EVERY person was having this problem, you'd have a case.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#459 yester

yester

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2011 - 02:33 AM

Its not the game, it's your PC dude. If EVERY person was having this problem, you'd have a case.

If you check the EA forum, there are a lot of people with the same problem. And if my PC were the problem, i still can play COD4MW fine. So its not a hardware issue.
I can accept if for example my Windows might be a problem. 64bit is always touchy.
But that i can not get any connection to any server has to be something else.

Anyway, apparently no one here has the problem. So maybe you are right. To me its the last time i buy a EA PC product. I rather play it on console. (perhaps that is what they want anyway).

#460 paz9x

paz9x

Posted 06 February 2011 - 03:25 AM

If you check the EA forum, there are a lot of people with the same problem. And if my PC were the problem, i still can play COD4MW fine. So its not a hardware issue.
I can accept if for example my Windows might be a problem. 64bit is always touchy.
But that i can not get any connection to any server has to be something else.

Anyway, apparently no one here has the problem. So maybe you are right. To me its the last time i buy a EA PC product. I rather play it on console. (perhaps that is what they want anyway).

do any of them have a fix?
"I am the Walrus" "Shut the Fuck up Donnie"

Posted Image

#461 yester

yester

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2011 - 05:13 AM

do any of them have a fix?

As far as i can see no.
I triggered a customer services request at EA and waiting for an answer, but i don't know.
So sad to buy something and can not even use it. At least not with multiplayer.

#462 yester

yester

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:46 AM

It pops out that the game runs fine under Windows XP 32bit.
This was not indicated anywhere.
So after installing the 32bit version i can play the game fine. The customer support insisted on firewall etc.. even mentioning did not change the course.
Very troublesome.
So in the end, it was not my computer. Sadly i had to toss 64bit in favor for a game.

Take care

#463 metaly

metaly

In the world, only this island is.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2011 - 05:40 AM

Got this in today's Steam sale and I can't get online. I can get into my EA account, but after accepting the terms it says "can't log in" or something to that effect and drops me back at the EA login screen. (Then, just for kicks, it makes me reenter my password even though I checked "remember password." <333 DICE.)

Anyone else have this problem and fix it? Could it just be the servers are overloaded with new players today?

Edit: WOW. I tried a few hours later, same problem. Tried again, without checking "remember password" and "auto login" and it works. Logged back out, re-checked both, can't log in. HOLY SHIT, DICE. :wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

Edited by metaly, 09 May 2011 - 06:26 AM.