Photo
- - - - -

GS Weekly Ad 11/6-11/12, coups: $5 off New Activision Game/20% off used game with MW2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
101 replies to this topic

#61 aleraiders

aleraiders

2 PS4's in 2 HRS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2009 - 04:48 AM

so what are my chances on trading in Tekken 6 (i just bought yesterday with the trade 2 select titles on the list promo) as a placeholder (unopened) for a reserved mw2 hardened edition....

of course i'll pay the $10 difference

Don't you just love it when stupid people think you're stupid.....

#62 dizee

dizee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2009 - 06:14 AM

will ratchet be online or instore only?

Posted ImagePosted Image

#63 WiiShopChannels

WiiShopChannels

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2009 - 06:22 AM

what are my chances in finding a used copy of DJ Hero (Wii or PS3) or Band Hero (Wii) b4 MW2 comes out? i want to use it with the coupon.

PSN: tallytabletommy

#64 J7.

J7.

Posted 07 November 2009 - 06:33 AM

will ratchet be online or instore only?

Deals of the week are instore only.

#65 whymustiregister

whymustiregister

Coupon PDF Maker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2009 - 12:00 PM

Sorry for the delay, busy with work yesterday...

http://www.plunder.c...-a00610641d.htm

http://www.plunder.c...-0b0c477529.htm

#66 salazarmark

salazarmark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2009 - 01:42 PM

Gamestop is not that stupid. Why release percent off coupons that will affect hot titles that most people including CAGers will buy anyway. So stop complaining PEOPLE!

#67 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 07 November 2009 - 02:09 PM

Thanks for posting this, jp, but still nothing for me thanks to them requiring another game purchase to get the 20% off coupon to work.

I guess the days of releasing standalone 20% off coupons for PS3(or any other console/handheld)games are done.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#68 JrHu92

JrHu92

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2009 - 07:36 PM

What's the trade 2 and get $40 off of CoD list?

I clicked the link but it doesn't work anymore.

edit: found a working link
http://www.gamestop.com/trade2cod

and you have to be 18 in order to trade to GS correct?

#69 dizee

dizee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2009 - 08:22 PM

well i tried to pickup ratchet today but they said it was 12.99 even when i told them to look at their weekly ad online which says 4.99. just another reason why i havent baught anything from gamestop in over 2 years.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#70 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2009 - 08:24 PM

Anyone find next weeks trade in values yet? Im just curious if it is safe to assume the extra 25% trade in for Reserves will still be going on.

Also, i noticed on the Gamestop website the DBZ:Raging Blast price dropped from 59.99 to 49.99, not sure if its a sale, or a deal

#71 Dietcola

Dietcola

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2009 - 10:58 PM

I reserved Call of Duty and I want to use the 20% off a used game deal but the used game that is near me is located at another gamestop is it possible to use the coupon and then go to the other gamestop with my receipt from CoD?
Xbox 360: Sammy2, PajamaJamma PS3: Evopanda

#72 MillerTime2523

MillerTime2523

FUN TIMES IN CLEVELAND

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2009 - 03:40 AM

I'm also wondering how this works. I'd like to get Borderlands or Tekken 6, but neither are available at my store.

cavs1-sm.gifrangers2-sm.gifcle1-sm.gif
Now Playing

:360: FIFA 14

#73 beard.

beard.

Posted 09 November 2009 - 03:45 AM

I tried using the coupon tonight when I went and reserved (and paid off) MW2 and they said I had to wait until I actually pick up the game.

#74 ghozt

ghozt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2009 - 05:19 AM

I reserved Call of Duty and I want to use the 20% off a used game deal but the used game that is near me is located at another gamestop is it possible to use the coupon and then go to the other gamestop with my receipt from CoD?

i would buy the used game first then return/rebuy with coupon when u pickup cod.

#75 xfade

xfade

Friend of CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2009 - 05:22 AM

i would buy the used game first then return/rebuy with coupon when u pickup cod.

Good call.
Posted Image

#76 Dietcola

Dietcola

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2009 - 06:05 AM

I'll do that hope my store I get my games from isn't lame.
Xbox 360: Sammy2, PajamaJamma PS3: Evopanda

#77 xfade

xfade

Friend of CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2009 - 06:53 AM

Anyone able to use the 20% off coupon yet with their pre-orders? I had no luck @ the GS I went to.
Posted Image

#78 beard.

beard.

Posted 09 November 2009 - 07:05 AM

Anyone able to use the 20% off coupon yet with their pre-orders? I had no luck @ the GS I went to.

nope, they told me i couldn't use it til i pick the game up.

#79 xfade

xfade

Friend of CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2009 - 07:07 AM

nope, they told me i couldn't use it til i pick the game up.

Ok, I guess it makes sense. I thought since I paid off my pre-order it was considered PURCHASED .. and the redeemable dates on the coupon make it seem like we could.
Posted Image

#80 beard.

beard.

Posted 09 November 2009 - 07:31 AM

that's exactly what i thought/said, but they said i had to wait.

#81 EeveeFanboy

EeveeFanboy

Likes Eevee too much

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2009 - 06:53 PM

Awesome deal :D Grabbed Ratchet and Clank. Went to the used section and found that crappy generic case with no manual and asked if it was on sale. Rang up regular price. I then went to look for something else when I immediately noticed a Real Ratchet case with the 12.99 scratched out and 4.99 put there instead. Came with the manual and everything. It even only had the one sticker on the plastic case, not one on the paper insert.
Posted Image

#82 ItzTitoYo

ItzTitoYo

dabingbadaboom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2009 - 07:52 PM

LOL to this promo... Now I know why I stopped buying games from GS...20% off alrdy jacked up "used game" prices plus you get hit with tax so in NY you'll get a 11-12% reduction...

#83 lordxixor101

lordxixor101

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2009 - 09:15 PM

I noticed the sales rack as well. Took me going to 4 Gamestops to get the case/manual for Ratchet & Clank (which I'm surprised I did, I normally don't care that much, but figured it shouldn't be that hard to get the manual/case with this game).

Not that I'm sure when it'll be played. But, enjoyed the first 2, and $4 out the door after 6% sales tax, just won't beat that price in the future (more than likely).

#84 kingkiller33

kingkiller33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2009 - 09:29 PM

EPIC FAIL, GS. They used to run B2G1 Free once a month, now it is like twice a year!!! And these 20% coupons only if you buy a new game at full price is such BS. BURN IN HELL , GS

#85 hawaiiboy

hawaiiboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2009 - 09:36 PM

And these 20% coupons only if you buy a new game at full price is such BS. BURN IN HELL , GS

just buy the new game to take advantage of the coupon and return the new game later. it takes another trip to the store but i dont mind doing since i have so many gamestops around me. i've done this before and gonna do it when i pick up cod tomorrow.

#86 Buzzman

Buzzman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2009 - 10:02 PM

This is little off-topic but if I didnt buy MW2 can I still buy it at midnight? I keep trying to call my local gamestop but phones are busy.

#87 hawaiiboy

hawaiiboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2009 - 11:18 PM

This is little off-topic but if I didnt buy MW2 can I still buy it at midnight? I keep trying to call my local gamestop but phones are busy.

it's only for preorders. At least the one I go to.

#88 aleraiders

aleraiders

2 PS4's in 2 HRS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2009 - 11:38 PM

there might b some regular on hand MW2 for u to buy..."might'...but since everyone including my grandma is getting MW2...i doubt it....if u want the game u'd b better off at walmart or target etc etc...gamestop has pre orders/resevers....who knows if they'll have any on hand to sell to the people who didnt reserve it...u can try...but i dont know...

Don't you just love it when stupid people think you're stupid.....

#89 Faulkjr22

Faulkjr22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2009 - 01:00 AM

Anyone know if the coupon would work on a used accessory? I know it says game, but ive heard of it working for an accessory before. I called my Gamestop and like usual, they have no idea. So any help would be appreciated. (looking to pick up a used 20 gb hd)

#90 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 10 November 2009 - 02:24 AM

I was able to grab a copy of Gears of War 2 at midnight at GS without a preorder, so there's a chance.

Now for my question:

I can go in tomorrow at like 4pm with the MW2 coupon and use the coupon when I pick up my preorder, even if I only have 5 bucks on MW2 right?