Photo
- - - - -

GS Weekly Ad 11/6-11/12, coups: $5 off New Activision Game/20% off used game with MW2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
101 replies to this topic

#91 beard.

beard.

Posted 10 November 2009 - 03:47 AM

I was able to grab a copy of Gears of War 2 at midnight at GS without a preorder, so there's a chance.

Now for my question:

I can go in tomorrow at like 4pm with the MW2 coupon and use the coupon when I pick up my preorder, even if I only have 5 bucks on MW2 right?

i'm assuming so as long as you pay off your pre-order then.

#92 sgaldis

sgaldis

Posted 10 November 2009 - 07:32 AM

Yep, coupon worked just fine tonight. It did not seem to matter whether you had the game totally paid off, or just partially. I was able to snag a nice copy of Forza 3 for about $40.

#93 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 10 November 2009 - 11:18 AM

alright thanks !
will try it out tonight

#94 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2009 - 03:04 PM

I got screwed out of a use mint copy of DJ Hero(360) for my son. I went to the midnight launch to pre-pay for my MW2 console bundle at 8:00 and took a copy of the coupon with me to see what they had used. When I found DJ Hero and took it up to the counter to use the coupon he told me I couldnt get rung up for my console and use the coupon till after midnight because they had to scan the serial number on the console so I couldnt pre-pay like the people who were just buying the stand alone versions of the game. So I asked him if he could hold the game for me till than and I definitely wanted it and he told me he couldnt hold it for two reasons. One, because it wouldnt be fair for him to hold it for me when someone could come in and buy it for the full $59.99 used price(he knew I had the coupon). And second, that only COD4:MW2 related purchases were aloud after midnight. So now I even asked him if I could pay the full price for it now and than come back before the coupon expired and get the price adjusted and he told me the system wouldnt allow that also.

I than left the store and went across the street to watch a few minutes of the Steelers game at the bar and than around 8:50 I decided just to bite the bullet and pay full price for it and than trying to go to a different store for the price adjustment, while needless to say it was gone when I went back over to get it. Needless to say I already used my COD4:MW2 receipt to complain about the experience via the www.tellgamestop.com survey at the bottem and also asked that the DM contact me, so we will see where that goes.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#95 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 10 November 2009 - 03:29 PM

I figure that guy put the DJ Hero in a "hold basket" for himself or one of the other employees.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#96 FBMrider86

FBMrider86

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2009 - 03:34 PM

I got screwed out of a use mint copy of DJ Hero(360) for my son. I went to the midnight launch to pre-pay for my MW2 console bundle at 8:00 and took a copy of the coupon with me to see what they had used. When I found DJ Hero and took it up to the counter to use the coupon he told me I couldnt get rung up for my console and use the coupon till after midnight because they had to scan the serial number on the console so I couldnt pre-pay like the people who were just buying the stand alone versions of the game. So I asked him if he could hold the game for me till than and I definitely wanted it and he told me he couldnt hold it for two reasons. One, because it wouldnt be fair for him to hold it for me when someone could come in and buy it for the full $59.99 used price(he knew I had the coupon). And second, that only COD4:MW2 related purchases were aloud after midnight. So now I even asked him if I could pay the full price for it now and than come back before the coupon expired and get the price adjusted and he told me the system wouldnt allow that also.

I than left the store and went across the street to watch a few minutes of the Steelers game at the bar and than around 8:50 I decided just to bite the bullet and pay full price for it and than trying to go to a different store for the price adjustment, while needless to say it was gone when I went back over to get it. Needless to say I already used my COD4:MW2 receipt to complain about the experience via the www.tellgamestop.com survey at the bottem and also asked that the DM contact me, so we will see where that goes.

Sounds to me this guy was actually doing you a favor. Nowhere on the coupon does it make a mention of the LE Console, it just says "a new copy of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2". However, he is full of shit in the sense that he couldn't sell it to you until after midnight. I bought Gears 2 again (for some dumbass reason) with the coupon when I went to finalize my pre-order. He sold me the copy then, handed it to me (along with my finalized receipt) and I walked out, put it in my car, and went back in to wait amongst the rest of the nerds/soccer moms. I'm not sure how other GSs did this, mine let you finish paying off the pre-order and they'd mark your receipt with permanent marker. You flash the receipt, you get a copy and get the hell out. It actually worked pretty well. I kind of figured people would be swatting at each other's hands, trying to get them to drop their shit and get in front of them.

#97 xfade

xfade

Friend of CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2009 - 03:45 PM

It took exactly 22 minutes past midnight for them to take care of my number in line, 136. They were bringing people in 10 at a time in order ( or as best they could ). I betcha there were people there for HOURS.

Edited by xfade, 10 November 2009 - 05:37 PM.

Posted Image

#98 MillerTime2523

MillerTime2523

FUN TIMES IN CLEVELAND

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2009 - 03:46 PM

Just bought my 360, so after I pick up MW2 I'm going to grab a copy of Gears 2 for $20.

KyrieIrvingSig1_zps17eadf84.jpg
:360: Now Playing
:360:
Fallout 3: GOTY (1100/1550), 2014 FIFA World Cup (50/1000)

#99 evenfl0w

evenfl0w

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2009 - 05:10 PM

Picked up MW2 and got a used DJ Hero w/ turntable for $42 after coupon. They were giving out some MW2 cards with gamer pictures or something on it for preorders. I didn't preorder so I didn't get one :(

#100 thehoweller

thehoweller

IllegalCouponPrinter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2009 - 05:12 PM

You got fucked so he could buy it for himself.

You guys think I could buy CoD:MW2 and Way of the Samurai 3...Return CoD, and then re-buy it later that day for much less than the new game?

Edited by thehoweller, 10 November 2009 - 05:23 PM.

Posted Image
For the Earthbound fans...Visit this SMAAASH ing link!
Posted Image

#101 ScottBigGame

ScottBigGame

CAG 4-Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2009 - 07:58 PM

I picked up Ghostbusters for xbox with the coupon. $20 was what I wanted to pay, they had a copy of Borderlands but MW2 is gonna take up a lot of time.

#102 D_Icon

D_Icon

'D'_ott_Elitist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2009 - 01:45 AM

I just noticed this. We have to trade in two games to get $40 off CoD:MW2. I thought we could only trade in one to get $20 off? It sucks if its two, I only have one of the games listed.