Photo
- - - - -

Buy a Xbox 360 Arcade, Get $100 Credit: Deal Extended to Those Who Cancelled

• Please log in to reply
975 replies to this topic

#781 GaMeReVX

GaMeReVX

Posted 09 November 2009 - 09:29 PM

I don't really have anything to complain about with the lightening deal because I was able to casually add it to the cart and buy it with no problems,

But, I've been tracking my shipment and it's been heading from Phoenix to Louisville these past couple days on route to Seattle. Ugh. Talk about heading the wrong way.

LOL, that sounds like my tracker:

Note: Edited & removed extra scans (5 lines).

November 9, 2009 10:32:00 AM SAN JOSE CA US Delivered
November 8, 2009 07:35:00 PM SAN JOSE CA US Arrival Scan
November 8, 2009 06:44:00 PM SALT LAKE CITY UT US Departure Scan
November 8, 2009 05:46:00 PM SALT LAKE CITY UT US Arrival Scan
November 8, 2009 04:20:00 PM LOUISVILLE KY US Departure Scan
November 8, 2009 10:01:00 AM LOUISVILLE KY US Arrival Scan
November 8, 2009 02:22:00 AM ONTARIO CA US Departure Scan
November 7, 2009 10:09:00 PM ONTARIO CA US Arrival Scan
November 7, 2009 03:50:00 PM LAS VEGAS NV US Shipment received by carrier
November 7, 2009 02:04:48 PM North Las Vegas NV US Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit

Posted Image

#782 youenvy

youenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2009 - 09:43 PM

I emailed amazon again after hearing about the amazon emails and they told me to reorder and they would apply the promotion to my account.

they told me they would look into it and were sorry for the confusion--(the whole penny thing) they said it would take two days to let me know if i could reorder it. this was on the 7th so im hoping n e minute now they will write back--

did you write to them recently or was this a day or two ago- n how fast did they write back-

#783 Zenol

Zenol

Posted 09 November 2009 - 10:32 PM

they told me they would look into it and were sorry for the confusion--(the whole penny thing) they said it would take two days to let me know if i could reorder it. this was on the 7th so im hoping n e minute now they will write back--

did you write to them recently or was this a day or two ago- n how fast did they write back-

It took them about 24 hours to get back to me. If you canceled, they'll ask you to order again and then email them the new order number so they can adjust it for the discount. After ordering again, I'm guessing it will take them another day to adjust orders.

#784 youenvy

youenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2009 - 11:32 PM

It took them about 24 hours to get back to me. If you canceled, they'll ask you to order again and then email them the new order number so they can adjust it for the discount. After ordering again, I'm guessing it will take them another day to adjust orders.

cool thanks for the info bro preciate it

#785 nefaquotek

nefaquotek

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2009 - 12:17 AM

While I agree that being nice wont get you very far, you can't be a jerk. Alot of the times if you have a good case, are polite but stand your ground, then you'll do fine.

It's all about respect.

I got the deal after I sent them an email (you can see it before me).

I lost faith in Amazon this weekend but how wrong was I?
Let's hope it never ends.

Being nice to CSR is what got me denied; I only got somewhere once I wasn't as nice. Normally, I try to be as nice as possible in my e-mails, but being denied something the CSR admitted I was eligible for made me quite mad.

"And the book says we may be through with the past... but the past is not through with us."
-Magnolia

#786 rusty

rusty

Broke because of CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2009 - 12:19 AM

Mine shipped today from DE, will be here in Philly tomorrow. FREE Saver Shipping. Very impressive Amazon :)

Xbox One | Titanfall

Homebrew PC | CS:S | CS:GO | Skyrim

#787 InvaderZim

InvaderZim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2009 - 02:57 AM

Mine shipped today from DE, will be here in Philly tomorrow. FREE Saver Shipping. Very impressive Amazon :)

Mine arrived this evening ~6pm... crazy how fast these shipped.

#788 Tardcore

Tardcore

CAG Platinum+ Member

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2009 - 03:13 AM

Hello from Amazon.com.

We noticed you cancelled your order# XXXXXXX originally placed during the Lightning Deal promotion for the Xbox 360 Arcade console on November 7, 2009. If you cancelled your order due to problems with the promotion, we want to make sure you can take advantage of this deal if you're still interested.

If you order an Xbox 360 Arcade Console by 11:59pm PT on November 14, your order will qualify you for the $100 promotional code. The $100 promotional code does not apply to the purchase of the Xbox 360 Arcade itself, but is valid for a qualifying future purchase. The offer is limit one per household and is not transferable.

To order the console, go to the product’s detail page listed below, add it to your cart for $199.99, and check out as normal. Please note, Amazon.com must be the seller in order for you to qualify for the promotion.

http://www.amazon.co...e/dp/B0029MAXS6

Your promotional code will be sent to you via e-mail (along with instructions for use) seven (7) business days after the qualifying order has shipped.

For additional details of the promotion, please see the following page:

http://www.amazon.co...ocId=1000450541

We're sorry for any inconvenience and hope to see you again soon.
Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com

#789 MannishBoy

MannishBoy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2009 - 03:14 AM

Just got this:

Hello from Amazon.com.

We noticed you cancelled your order# XXX-XXXXXXX-XXXXXXXX originally placed during the Lightning Deal promotion for the Xbox 360 Arcade console on November 7, 2009. If you cancelled your order due to problems with the promotion, we want to make sure you can take advantage of this deal if you're still interested.

If you order an Xbox 360 Arcade Console by 11:59pm PT on November 14, your order will qualify you for the $100 promotional code. The $100 promotional code does not apply to the purchase of the Xbox 360 Arcade itself, but is valid for a qualifying future purchase. The offer is limit one per household and is not transferable.

To order the console, go to the product’s detail page listed below, add it to your cart for $199.99, and check out as normal. Please note, Amazon.com must be the seller in order for you to qualify for the promotion.

Your promotional code will be sent to you via e-mail (along with instructions for use) seven (7) business days after the qualifying order has shipped.

Sincerely,

Amazon.com

Finally seem to be making it right. I had canceled after the CSR told me I was pretty much out of luck.

Edited by CheapyD, 10 November 2009 - 03:30 AM.

#790 exceed19

exceed19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2009 - 03:16 AM

sweet, I got back in on the deal! a+ amazon, usually comes through!

#791 SCDallas

SCDallas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2009 - 03:16 AM

Just got that email as well, now I just need to figure out if I want the 360 or not...

#792 supraazn

supraazn

¡ʎɹɐsɹǝʌıƃɐɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2009 - 03:19 AM

Got the same email.
And MW2 just shipped meaning I just got a spare 20$ video games credit to use. 180$ for an Arcade with 100$ GC? Don't mind if I do.

Now I have to debate if I should return the unopened 216$ 360 and 100$ GC I got from walmart in store or not. Or I should just try to sell it and make a little bit of profit. PS: I'm Lazy.

#793 StickyWaffles

StickyWaffles

Us Kids Know!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2009 - 03:25 AM

Just got the same email. Didn't think that I had a shot at the deal. So glad I ordered and canceled instead of just giving up on it. I'll put in my order for it now. Absolutely fantastic that Amazon is honoring this.

#794 Larrabee213

Larrabee213

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2009 - 03:28 AM

Same here, got the e-mail and reordered.

#795 MannishBoy

MannishBoy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2009 - 03:29 AM

Got the same email.
And MW2 just shipped meaning I just got a spare 20$ video games credit to use.

Me too. Wonder when that will hit the account? I haven't gotten the credit applied email yet. Think I'll wait until I do.

Going to use this box as a Win 7 Media Center Extender I think. Don't need a HD for that. Now I'll have a DVR extender in the bedroom :)

#796 Crono51

Crono51

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2009 - 03:30 AM

Wait... Wasn't this thread in the Deal Graveyard hours ago? That could mean only one thing...

Zombie Thread!

...(or Jesus.)

#797 lostaccount

lostaccount

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2009 - 03:31 AM

Amazon is awesome. I cancelled and now reordered it. They will be honoring the promotion. Anyway you rule amazon!! More money down the drain to amazon

#798 tglaz18

tglaz18

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2009 - 03:37 AM

Just got the same email and did the deal. Has reaffirmed with me that Amazon is the greatest company. I think I will call to verify that i will get the promo code before console ships anyway.

#799 caltab

caltab

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2009 - 03:37 AM

glad to see Amazon owned up to their glitch and mistaken customer service response, further affirming their status as an awesome retailer. sadly, I never placed my order because it wouldn't show the penny discount on the final page- you can't win em all, but glad to see others are able to get in on this and no one is getting stuck paying full price for an order they couldn't cancel.

#800 wbc1228

wbc1228

Posted 10 November 2009 - 03:39 AM

Hello from Amazon.com.

We noticed you cancelled your order# XXXXXXX originally placed during the Lightning Deal promotion for the Xbox 360 Arcade console on November 7, 2009. If you cancelled your order due to problems with the promotion, we want to make sure you can take advantage of this deal if you're still interested.

Sincerely,

Amazon.com

WOW...I'm speechless.
I got that email too...
I was slightly disappointing that I didn't get the deal even though my order was submitted at 3:00pm.
I still can't believe I'm getting an Xbox360 for $99!
Way to go Amazon!

#801 AmongPatriots

AmongPatriots

CAGiversary! A Hwat?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2009 - 03:47 AM

I got the email back too... after I tried going back to Wal-Mart to try my luck again which didn't turn out so well once again... so I immediately placed my order... I just can't help but think that Amazon is doing this because Wal-Mart may indeed have the special deal still going on and that's probably why Amazon thought they need to continue to price-match it.

#802 Disneyboy

Disneyboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2009 - 03:48 AM

I got the email too!!!

#803 yuyak

yuyak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2009 - 03:53 AM

So am I correct in assuming this ONLY applies to those who ordered, and then subsequently canceled, and not to people who didn't place the order on Saturday? I got the email too, but know a friend who also wanted in on the deal (but missed out altogether on Saturday)

#804 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2009 - 03:55 AM

So am I correct in assuming this ONLY applies to those who ordered, and then subsequently canceled, and not to people who didn't place the order on Saturday? I got the email too, but know a friend who also wanted in on the deal (but missed out altogether on Saturday)

only those that got the email I'd imagine. Otherwise everyone currently ordering an Arcade between now and the 14th would qualify which Amazon wouldn't do of course.

#805 Strifekw

Strifekw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2009 - 03:56 AM

Gotta love Amazon! $100 for an xbox, not bad!

#806 MPDXrules

MPDXrules

Posted 10 November 2009 - 03:56 AM

I got the email

Good Job Amazon - WoW praise for Amazon

#807 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2009 - 03:59 AM

I didn't get an email even though I ordered at 9AM on Saturday. Ended up emailing customer service and they told me to put in a new order.

edit: lol as soon as i posted this I got an email from Amazon.

#808 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2009 - 04:45 AM

How come no one is crying about bait and switch now?

#809 drock

drock

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2009 - 05:45 AM

If I had to guess it's because Amazon went above and beyond to satisfy their customers in this situation. What do you think?

#810 SCDallas

SCDallas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2009 - 05:50 AM

I'll give you one guess... :roll: