Guitar Hero Aerosmith with 2 Guitars - $39.99 + tax & shipping Target.com

GCS

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Go to Target directly (sorry I cannot post links since I am new)

Shipping for me was $2. Total deal was $44

Use Bing cashback, or FW cashback, or Ebates to save a few $$ more.

Credit to SD.net

Greg

Here's a hint: never pay for anything that was given away as a freebie.

That's rule #1 of being a CAG. Also, those guitars are awful.

Great deal for two guitars, and you get a game for free.

[quote name='zenintrude']Also, those guitars are awful.[/QUOTE]

The Aerosmith guitar is the best guitar there is, except for the GH5 guitar. It's the excellent GH3 Les Paul, with the neck issue fixed. Why do you believe they're awful?

I would like to know which guitars are best for guitar hero, as far as indistructability goes, I can't seem to find a good answer. Any advice would help. I was looking at guitar hero aerosmith but guitar hero 5 has a different guitar?? help!

[quote name='rushisrighton']I would like to know which guitars are best for guitar hero, as far as indistructability goes, I can't seem to find a good answer. Any advice would help. I was looking at guitar hero aerosmith but guitar hero 5 has a different guitar?? help![/QUOTE]
The X-plorer is light-years better than the rest, despite being a wired controller.

[quote name='rushisrighton']I would like to know which guitars are best for guitar hero, as far as indistructability goes, I can't seem to find a good answer. Any advice would help. I was looking at guitar hero aerosmith but guitar hero 5 has a different guitar?? help![/QUOTE]

I have the GH3 Les Paul (the ones that are in this deal). I like them a lot. One issue with them is they have a loose neck but check this link to see how you can fix it (all you need is duct tape). I did this before I started using them and haven't had any problems.

http://www.fakeplasticrock.com/2008/03/24/fixing-a-loose-les-paul-guitar-neck/

The GH5 guitar is just about the same as the one that came with GHWT. The difference with that is the button to activate star power is right below the strum bar so you can just hit that instead of tilting (though I've become so used to tilting. When I first started it was hard to tilt while keeping my streak). GH5 has a rubber covered strum bar. The faceplate is fugly though.

RB1 guitar is a piece of crap. Don't bother. RB2 is good but I prefer the GH guitars.

The Xplorer is good if you don't want to spend a lot.

[quote name='icedrake523']I have the GH3 Les Paul (the ones that are in this deal). I like them a lot. One issue with them is they have a loose neck but check this link to see how you can fix it (all you need is duct tape). I did this before I started using them and haven't had any problems.

http://www.fakeplasticrock.com/2008/03/24/fixing-a-loose-les-paul-guitar-neck/

The GH5 guitar is just about the same as the one that came with GHWT. The difference with that is the button to activate star power is right below the strum bar so you can just hit that instead of tilting (though I've become so used to tilting. When I first started it was hard to tilt while keeping my streak). GH5 has a rubber covered strum bar. The faceplate is fugly though.

RB1 guitar is a piece of crap. Don't bother. RB2 is good but I prefer the GH guitars.

The Xplorer is good if you don't want to spend a lot.[/QUOTE]

Couple things. First, I hear the Aerosmith guitars fixed the neck problem, although I don't have one, so I can't verify that. Second, the biggest difference between the GH4 guitar and the GH5 one - and the reason the GH5 one is my favorite - is that it replaced the internal strumming mechanism with the same one used in the GH3 guitar, which is a fantastic one. Super accurate. I hated the GH4 guitar because of its Rock Band like strum bar, but the GH5 one is as good as it gets.

[quote name='mkelehan']Couple things. First, I hear the Aerosmith guitars fixed the neck problem, although I don't have one, so I can't verify that.[/quote]
I think the Aerosmith guitars just had a different faceplate. Other than that, they were the same as the GH3 ones. Even if they have loose necks, the duct tape solution works great and isn't noticeable one you do it.

Second, the biggest difference between the GH4 guitar and the GH5 one - and the reason the GH5 one is my favorite - is that it replaced the internal strumming mechanism with the same one used in the GH3 guitar, which is a fantastic one. Super accurate. I hated the GH4 guitar because of its Rock Band like strum bar, but the GH5 one is as good as it gets.
Interesting. I haven't used the WT guitar in awhile but I liked it when I did. I've not played with the GH5 one, just held it and strummed it a couple times.

bread's done
Back