Photo
- - - - -

Modern Warfare 2 CAG Clan - Wednesday/Friday @ 7PST/10EST

• Please log in to reply
2934 replies to this topic

Poll: What days works best for you.

What days works best for you.

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1861 Mad39er

Mad39er

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:30 PM

TMB - drop me a note tonight if I am on....I should have my new setup fully operational tonight and may want to test it out. Since you are the crappiest host for me for some odd reason, this would be my best test. It still makes no sense why the Elf gets better ping to you than what I did considering he's an extra 1500 miles further west.

The Elf once asked early on in our games who does he have to blow to get a good connection, I got FiOS the rest is history. Hehe. Did you set up a proxy by the way? Without a proxy I noticeably lag even as host. It definitely is more apparent on my new Slim vs my old BC 60. I just have such a hard time fathoming why they use such crappy protocols for networking that I can only get half my download speed and a fifth of my upload.
Gran Turismo 5 B-Spec Primer - Now with colors!
"When I started racing my father told me, ‘Cristiano, nobody has three balls but some people have two very good ones'." – Cristiano Da Matta

"Any drunk can fall off a bar stool. It takes a real man to ride it all the way to the ground."

Referal for Dusk 514:

#1862 Ravaged

Ravaged

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:17 PM

Send me friend requests on Slinkywinky. I still suck, so I'm looking for a group of people to play with so I can (hopefully) improve my game.
I traded in 3 copies of code veronica last year. the clerk just said, 'you must really like this game.' To which I replied, 'tsubabababa!' - atomsk

My tradelist http://gametz.com/user/Ravaged.html

#1863 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2010 - 03:51 PM

I almost had to pull out a Happy Gilmore quote about getting a glass of shut the h3ll up, but any time you can paraphrase George Costanza you should go for it.

The jerk store must have been calling when you wrote that OR you've not played too much multiplayer. As Mad alluded to, you cannot mute (a) after the sides are pick and (b) if you are blindly thrown into a match in progress. Hence I was stuck listening to a bunch of 13 year olds wanting me to boost. Actually, I probably should've played but I was really tired and their voices were irritating. If I would have been lv 45 with OMA, I probably would have had some fun scoring a bunch of multi's....though I could've played with scavenger...ah, hindsight.

I agree about the hosts last night, I just wasn't getting the "normal" 3-bar lag like I have been. It was 3 bar, but the game was a lot smoother most of the time....need to play more....hopefully tonight.

Well, I don't know whats up with you guys but I play MW2 online all the time and I think I know what's up with the mute. Is it a PS3 to 360 difference? On PS3, at any time during the lobby (except the last like 8 seconds before the game actually starts) and during the match (even mid-game) you can mute everyone on both sides. You can even do it when you jump in with random in the middle of the night in a match that's already in progress.

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#1864 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2010 - 03:59 PM

Not really a reply to Mr. nowlive, just quoting for context. When the game loads once sides are picked, there is also that good 15 to 30 seconds where anybody not muted can be an asshole and you can't do anything about it due to the loading screen. Secondly, if you just get thrown into a random match, there will be asshats joining with cheap, crappy mics that will often force me to mute them and get killed because I stopped to mute them. Often the distraction of somebody being an idiot on the mic will be enough to interrupt my concentration enough to get me killed.

Simply choosing to address the letter of the post is really annoying, because it's like you're implying that I don't know I can mute people before or after the match has started. Lets not assume we're all assholes here and just say that you'll try to think that maybe we're focusing on things we can't control vs things we can. Once again, sometimes you can't mute everybody before a match starts, sometimes when that happens, somebody is an idiot enough to irk you(or in this case, nowlive). I'm not going to mute my teammates just to unmute them when the match starts so I'm going to miss some people on the list when I mute, it's the nature of things. Often times the first 10 seconds in a match are very important because of the fact that we're organized and communicate.

No, no, no, I wasn't trying to be a jerk or anything like that, I was just trying to exactly understand what you were saying, which I do get now. All I mean is that you don't have to mute everyone on the team at one time, but I probably play differently from you and muting people during a match could very well be very distracting to you especially if you are trying to sync up with the rest of your squad.

Man, I just realized I need to play with you guys sometime. I am worried that I will get spoiled with an organized team and refuse to play with the worthless randoms I get matched up with that wouldn't cap a flag not being defended by anyone even if it would win the game and get them 1000000 EXP too. Lord forbid somebody do something other then camp, kill, camp, camp, camp, camp, ohhh, we lost the game.:bomb:

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#1865 evilw0n

evilw0n

Deals & Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2010 - 04:39 PM

The Elf once asked early on in our games who does he have to blow to get a good connection, I got FiOS the rest is history. Hehe. Did you set up a proxy by the way? Without a proxy I noticeably lag even as host. It definitely is more apparent on my new Slim vs my old BC 60. I just have such a hard time fathoming why they use such crappy protocols for networking that I can only get half my download speed and a fifth of my upload.

Nope...new router & new cable modem. New router is the Dlink gaming router - and I am getting about 80% max DL and 60% max upload compared to my PC on my slim when I test out the network connection. Put it this way, over double on both the DL and UL speed now. Hopefully it helped out some on lag, but that's what I need tested.

I have my slim on a reserved address and have that in a DMZ...though I should try the proxy method with my fatty. Did you just setup ICS through Windows or did you use something else as your proxy? I need all the "host" advantage I can get since my only "pro" at the moment is commando - and I still seem to be losing those battles due to lag.

And we generally do not camp.....I'm probably the "biggest" camper of the group - literally....and I don't camp. My "camping" generally involves holding an objective like guarding the flag or a domination point....and I rarely stay stationary for a long time. Though we have occasionally spawn camped in Domination if a team is lips off before hand.

#1866 Mad39er

Mad39er

Posted 20 July 2010 - 08:19 PM

Nope...new router & new cable modem. New router is the Dlink gaming router - and I am getting about 80% max DL and 60% max upload compared to my PC on my slim when I test out the network connection. Put it this way, over double on both the DL and UL speed now. Hopefully it helped out some on lag, but that's what I need tested.

I have my slim on a reserved address and have that in a DMZ...though I should try the proxy method with my fatty. Did you just setup ICS through Windows or did you use something else as your proxy? I need all the "host" advantage I can get since my only "pro" at the moment is commando - and I still seem to be losing those battles due to lag.

I'm using Privoxy, so I set my proxy to my PC address, while I still have everything DMZ'd I forwarded the ports that the PS3 uses as well from the IP address of the PC. Privoxy is actually pretty useful in other regards but completely straight forward for my use with my PS3, just set the listen port in Privoxy and set your computer's IP addy with the matching port for the proxy address under network settings. I don't even know how to use ICS, I embraced the simple with Privoxy.
"When I started racing my father told me, ‘Cristiano, nobody has three balls but some people have two very good ones'." – Cristiano Da Matta

"Any drunk can fall off a bar stool. It takes a real man to ride it all the way to the ground."

Referal for Dusk 514:

#1867 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2010 - 12:23 AM

I think location makes a difference in your connection, IMO. What do you guys think?

I live in the west, and it seems that people in the east have worse connections unless they are running everything through military grade routers and wires. :rofl:

#1868 evilw0n

evilw0n

Deals & Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2010 - 01:45 PM

I think location makes a difference in your connection, IMO. What do you guys think?

I live in the west, and it seems that people in the east have worse connections unless they are running everything through military grade routers and wires. :rofl:

If you are talking MW2, plenty of things can cause issues since there are no dedicated servers. Mad knows I wasn't hammering on him, just for some reason Cox's connection from my local market to his Verizon ViOS sux. Not his fault nor mine.

I will state that anyone using a wireless connection to play MW2 with their PS3 is crazy, unless the access point is right next to the PS3. Signal degradation is horrible with B/G and if you are using B you have more problems than that. While G is better, if you have 2+ walls your signal is going through you are losing enough to make a difference and I am totally discounting the distance factor.

Currently, wired IS the only way to play online if you are playing. Cat 5e is cheap and Cat 6 is not much more and punching the stuff down is easy and there are plenty of tutorials online. I won't saturate my 100mb line until it gets near 70mb....a wireless connections....sheesh...get >1 connection to it doing anything and you are limiting your online playing options...I will not even get into what 5+ does and if connections start dropping.

On a side note on the topic - if Craptivision ever tries to charge for MW2 multiplayer, I will not play a COD again. I cannot think they are that stupid after raping everyone (twice) for map packs, but stranger things have happened. Will try to be on tonight but (a) I have daddy duty and (b) they are calling for some possibly severe storms tonight.

Mad - I think the only worst host than those first two matches I joined in on would have been Noobkill.

#1869 nakanenui

nakanenui

Posted 21 July 2010 - 05:29 PM

Will be on tonight, BFGN.
NowPlaying: BF3, RFG, Disgaea3
Latest Plat: Lego HP 1-4

#1870 Mad39er

Mad39er

Posted 21 July 2010 - 05:51 PM

If you are talking MW2, plenty of things can cause issues since there are no dedicated servers. Mad knows I wasn't hammering on him, just for some reason Cox's connection from my local market to his Verizon ViOS sux. Not his fault nor mine.

I will state that anyone using a wireless connection to play MW2 with their PS3 is crazy, unless the access point is right next to the PS3. Signal degradation is horrible with B/G and if you are using B you have more problems than that. While G is better, if you have 2+ walls your signal is going through you are losing enough to make a difference and I am totally discounting the distance factor.

Mad - I think the only worst host than those first two matches I joined in on would have been Noobkill.

Right away I just flat out made it a point to let you know the hosts were completely shitty, in case you had any doubts because I know as we're testing things. Since you need a baseline and they clearly weren't representative of that, I'm just surprised with how shitty they were. I had a 4 bar and people were teleporting around me, eating 5 shotgun shells from my Striker with Stopping Power on and not dying. When that happens my 4 bar is a straight our lying whore of a ping report.

Noobkill is a surprisingly better host than you'd expect him to be, he just doesn't get picked much, during our Private Matches I've had little to no lag with him hosting, it's really odd how we have a fairly decent connection 3k miles apart regardless of who is sending to whom. It just defies conventional wisdom.

Will be on tonight, BFGN.

Joo betta or I's gon' ta voodooing you.

Referal for Dusk 514:

#1871 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2010 - 06:49 PM

Currently, wired IS the only way to play online if you are playing. Cat 5e is cheap and Cat 6 is not much more and punching the stuff down is easy and there are plenty of tutorials online. I won't saturate my 100mb line until it gets near 70mb....a wireless connections....sheesh...get >1 connection to it doing anything and you are limiting your online playing options...I will not even get into what 5+ does and if connections start dropping.

On a side note on the topic - if Craptivision ever tries to charge for MW2 multiplayer, I will not play a COD again. I cannot think they are that stupid after raping everyone (twice) for map packs, but stranger things have happened. Will try to be on tonight but (a) I have daddy duty and (b) they are calling for some possibly severe storms tonight.

I play on a wireless connection, and do fine all the time. I rarely get host, but I rarely lag as well, so it doesn't matter to me if I get host as long as I don't lag around the map. I am also on Cox Communications, for the most part they suck but for some reason my connections have always been very good.

P.S. Activision trying to charge for Black Ops is just insane, and a death sentence to that game. I have been reading people saying they won't pay for the game's online, and neither will I. They already dig into people's wallets with a mining pick with the map packs that they put out every two months, and a $60 game, if they try to pull this extra amount of cash out of people, Black Ops will be the biggest flop since Atari ET.

#1872 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2010 - 06:52 PM

When that happens my 4 bar is a straight our lying whore of a ping report.

I have said it before and it has been said many times before by others, the bars that the screen shows is about as accurate as using the AA-12 to snipe with. Even with flawless connection, my bars sometimes flash down to 1 bar, as if that is even true. If I had 1 bar like it said I did, I wouldn't be able to move and if everyone had 4 bars (like it always says), the host wouldn't be migrating every two bullets fired.:bomb:

#1873 langdon_alger

langdon_alger

Phlebitis!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:19 PM

well, call me crazy but I use my mac w/built in airport to connect to my ps3. computer's in the next room to the ps3. most of the time i'm 3 or 4 bar, for whatever that's worth. I do however lose most 1 v 1's, with my shots not even registering on the killcam. Whatever, that's why I unrepentantly run w/ a noobtoob class.

everyone keeps talking about hosting...how do you know if you're hosting or not? if someone tells me, i'll set up a marathon/lightweight/commando class, 'cause i hear those are great, if you're the host.

i'll try to be on tonight...if my 6 y/o grabs the harry potter book before I do. we're racing thru them, and I'm losing....maybe it's the lag;)

#1874 evilw0n

evilw0n

Deals & Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:51 PM

well, call me crazy but I use my mac w/built in airport to connect to my ps3. computer's in the next room to the ps3. most of the time i'm 3 or 4 bar, for whatever that's worth. I do however lose most 1 v 1's, with my shots not even registering on the killcam. Whatever, that's why I unrepentantly run w/ a noobtoob class.

everyone keeps talking about hosting...how do you know if you're hosting or not? if someone tells me, i'll set up a marathon/lightweight/commando class, 'cause i hear those are great, if you're the host.

i'll try to be on tonight...if my 6 y/o grabs the harry potter book before I do. we're racing thru them, and I'm losing....maybe it's the lag;)

Okay, you are crazy. In all seriousness, my point was if you are serious about your gaming (or network speed) you go wired. Unless your wired connection is token ring or 10mb ethernet, wired will always surpass a wireless connection. That takes the assumption that both are up to current standards.

Going to try to be on, but not sure what time....the little man got a nap....and I should do some outdoor work before the 110 heat index returns tomorrow.

#1875 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2010 - 12:18 AM

Going to try to be on, but not sure what time....the little man got a nap....and I should do some outdoor work before the 110 heat index returns tomorrow.

Return? The west is on fire all the time, and I haven't noticed it getting any cooler.:hot:

#1876 evilw0n

evilw0n

Deals & Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2010 - 12:51 AM

Mad - just tested the proxy and NO difference with my new setup. May play with some settings this weekend, but this is as good as it gets for the moment.

#1877 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:06 PM

Mad - just tested the proxy and NO difference with my new setup. May play with some settings this weekend, but this is as good as it gets for the moment.

I assume your NAT is open? I hear that makes a load of difference.

#1878 evilw0n

evilw0n

Deals & Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:45 PM

May not be on tonight....if I am, it may be late...wifey invited people over....that always ruins gaming.

#1879 nakanenui

nakanenui

Posted 24 July 2010 - 12:27 AM

May not be on tonight....if I am, it may be late...wifey invited people over....that always ruins gaming.

LAN party, woot.
NowPlaying: BF3, RFG, Disgaea3
Latest Plat: Lego HP 1-4

#1880 pogipinoy27

pogipinoy27

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2010 - 03:14 AM

sorry couldn't help you beat that stage kaiser. We would've had it too. And it sucks my mic wasn't working.

BTW, thanks to this discussion I switched to wired connection. I'm pulling 6.2 down and 2.3 up. Woot?
Posted Image
Posted Image

"The aim and final end of all music should be none other than the glory of God and the refreshment of the soul. "
-Johannes Sebastian Bach

#1881 Mad39er

Mad39er

Posted 26 July 2010 - 01:01 PM

sorry couldn't help you beat that stage kaiser. We would've had it too. And it sucks my mic wasn't working.

BTW, thanks to this discussion I switched to wired connection. I'm pulling 6.2 down and 2.3 up. Woot?

Good! You can be on more often then! Ha!

In all seriousness, not having you and Hito as often as you guys used to be on has kinda made us all a little more serious about game play. Snake lightens the skill level load whenever he plays with us but it's not like he's on the mic, lightening the mood like you guys.

I think we're pretty well rounded overall in each category in terms of skill, leadership, teamwork and general good sportsmanship but having that imbalance is definitely noticeable in that pieces are missing. With that said, I am going to ease up on MW2 more than usual because it really is more work than I want it to be. I'll be around for games and such, I just can't keep up the pace without a little more help.

For the rest of you guys playing with us with mics and such, now would be the perfect time to chime in, if you need help, ask for it. I'm more than willing to show/train you guys on various maps because the more confident you guys are, the more it's going to show. Even if you don't have a mic, just pick a few maps you have issues with and we can work on that.

Referal for Dusk 514:

#1882 evilw0n

evilw0n

Deals & Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2010 - 01:45 PM

I know I could definitely use a run through on the new map pack....however, I also know that IF I make it this Wednesday, that will be the last time I can make a game for a couple of weeks....maybe until the middle of August.

I know I am not playing as much....and my shooting skills have diminished over the summer....not that my shooting skills ever mattered much....but it was fun to win 3 in a row all by noob tubes on Friday.

Fred - wired is definitely the way to go. PM me if you have any other questions about your setup and I will see if I can answer them to maybe push some more throughput there for you. Just tell me what you are using (Cable, provider, alleged bandwidth, modem type if cable, router, etc....) if you do so.

#1883 Mr. 420

Mr. 420

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:47 PM

This is the worst online game i have ever played.
2 noobtubes per death is laughable and people thinking they are cool is a joke because they give you way too many.
:booty::-#:fridge:
:imwithst::puke::bow:

#1884 evilw0n

evilw0n

Deals & Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2010 - 06:13 PM

2 noobtubes per death is laughable and people thinking they are cool is a joke because they give you way too many.

Glad you joined in. My comment was, since I must enlightend you because you (a) don't play and (b) were not there...was that we had 3 consecutive game-winning kills by noob tube. My comment was directed at the fact that we rarely have those when we play.....and it was humorous. If you played with us and you might realize that instead of the griping and feeling the need to get your 2 cents in.

Oh, I'm still p!ssed at Mad for having his Pave Low (or what it a Chopper) steal the GWC on Scrapyard when I was inches away from a triple kill with a predator....thief! ;) Literally I had it speeding down to kill them and was just about to hit....now I'm sounding like our Elvin friend....quite killing them so I can get a nuke....rumor has it he's doing a full code rewrite for Metal of Horror.

#1885 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2010 - 07:46 PM

Noob Tubes can be vicious for sure. And 2 Noob Tubes per life? Try 400 if you live long enough with OMA, or 4000 with OMA Pro.:bomb:

#1886 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2010 - 07:50 PM

Glad you joined in. My comment was, since I must enlightend you because you (a) don't play and (b) were not there...was that we had 3 consecutive game-winning kills by noob tube. My comment was directed at the fact that we rarely have those when we play.....and it was humorous. If you played with us and you might realize that instead of the griping and feeling the need to get your 2 cents in.

Oh, I'm still p!ssed at Mad for having his Pave Low (or what it a Chopper) steal the GWC on Scrapyard when I was inches away from a triple kill with a predator....thief! ;) Literally I had it speeding down to kill them and was just about to hit....now I'm sounding like our Elvin friend....quite killing them so I can get a nuke....rumor has it he's doing a full code rewrite for Metal of Horror.

What mode were you in when you got the 3-win? Domination? Domination can be dominated with a Noob Tube because you can hit the flags from further away.

#1887 Mad39er

Mad39er

Posted 26 July 2010 - 09:40 PM

What mode were you in when you got the 3-win? Domination? Domination can be dominated with a Noob Tube because you can hit the flags from further away.

We were grinding out Team Death Match for a spell. We got a really good set of guys that were just garbage and so we stayed in the room, we only lost 1 game due to extreme camping and frustration.

I'm sorry your experience with MW2 was so horrible, if you ever get the urge to play with us, feel free to join up as posted in the OP. We usually have a good time with people from all sorts of skill ranges.

I know I could definitely use a run through on the new map pack....however, I also know that IF I make it this Wednesday, that will be the last time I can make a game for a couple of weeks....maybe until the middle of August.

I know I am not playing as much....and my shooting skills have diminished over the summer....not that my shooting skills ever mattered much....but it was fun to win 3 in a row all by noob tubes on Friday.

The new map pack is a wash, honestly the best advice for it is just progress slowly through it as Strike, Trailer Park and Fuel are stupidly camper friendly, especially in Hardcore. Vacant and Carnival are the better of the maps, with Strike coming in a far third place. I'm still working on a few of those maps myself but I know Kaiser and I went through them with relatively good success but they really don't rotate often enough for me to go crazy with.

I actually stole a fair amount of kills from people Friday night, I almost felt bad. Like people were dropping Predators and I was stealing the kills right from under them, literally a half second after I get the kill a Predator hits in the vicinity. I've actually come to thoroughly enjoy my Bling'd out M4 a good amount, the noob tube at the end of it just seals the deal every time we play High Rise or I'm given the choice of chase or noob tube before they turn the corner.

Referal for Dusk 514:

#1888 kagekiri

kagekiri

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2010 - 09:42 PM

Sorry for not being on as much. School is around the corner and moving is a pain currently. Anyone know if the the tiritton ax pro are the best headset still going? and Mad or someone pm me when you guys are on or post something I might be able to hop on lol
Posted Image

#1889 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2010 - 10:11 PM

We were grinding out Team Death Match for a spell. We got a really good set of guys that were just garbage and so we stayed in the room, we only lost 1 game due to extreme camping and frustration.

Camping's tough to overcome, but I think the Noob Tubes are very good at counter acting that. Like the guys who hide in the doorway of the building in Derail waiting for somebody to run by. Just tube in there and you got a kill. :fridge:

#1890 kagekiri

kagekiri

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2010 - 10:21 PM

Bah internet blows. I need to contact comcast and get this crap figure out. I dont understand how my internet blows. Maybe I should stop d/ling so much por......... lol
Posted Image