Photo
- - - - -

Modern Warfare 2 CAG Clan - Wednesday/Friday @ 7PST/10EST

• Please log in to reply
2934 replies to this topic

Poll: What days works best for you.

What days works best for you.

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#2791 Mad39er

Mad39er

Posted 19 March 2011 - 01:32 AM

Maybe you should have only done the first one, oh well. Be on after the baby goes to bed. No more noob smashing since noobs dont buy map packs...

http://www.infinityw...p?f=28&t=231094
Fix your connection issues already, use link.
Gran Turismo 5 B-Spec Primer - Now with colors!
"When I started racing my father told me, ‘Cristiano, nobody has three balls but some people have two very good ones'." – Cristiano Da Matta

"Any drunk can fall off a bar stool. It takes a real man to ride it all the way to the ground."

Referal for Dusk 514:

#2792 Mad39er

Mad39er

Posted 20 March 2011 - 04:52 PM

Shouldn't have to be mentioned but since I nubbed it up and did this myself, for those of you with surround sound set ups, make sure you change your audio settings manually.

Since getting my new 5.1 set up I've been playing MW2 more but something felt odd and not perfect. I was getting more kills and tracking people well but clearly not as well as a couple of clanmates did in the past. I had a hard time telling where sounds were coming from at like 75% certainty but it definitely felt improved over the simulated surround sound from my TV. Changing the receiver to Action Game settings helped it a bit more but it wasn't 100%.

Yesterday I decided to check my audio settings and found that the PS3 defaults to 2.1 audio output via HDMI. In addition to that it doesn't enable Dolby decoding by default. My receiver was upscaling the 2.1 into surround sound and it tricked me because it showed all 5.1 speakers used, which they were but they weren't getting fed their proper channels. In addition to all of that there are a ton of formats not enabled by default, so check your speaker and receiver specs/manuals and set it up properly.

Originally I was at -25db and it sounded decent with +50-70% more accuracy than simulated surround sound. As soon as I switched the audio output and enabled the proper format, I had to lower my receiver to -35ish db as the room was now shaking and it sounded like a war broke out. I was smoking people left and right, tracking their footsteps with deadly accuracy of like 85-95%. I never need to use a UAV because I can hear where the opposing team is firing from and just head in that direction.

Active listening is definitely an acquired skill but I've been doing that since my 6th Prestige or so, the only hard part is you have to actively recognize what those footsteps are on. Snow steps sound different from cement steps and metal steps, if you can figure out where those are spatially in relation to you, it's fucking beast mode. The real interesting part is when people are hunting you down because there's nothing more invigorating than taking out an entire enemy team flooding your position.

When the next MW2 patch rolls out, the only people left standing will be those with surround sound set ups, be it a headset or a 5.1/7.1 system. Aimbotters and radar hacks are going to pay dearly for their lack of skill.
"When I started racing my father told me, ‘Cristiano, nobody has three balls but some people have two very good ones'." – Cristiano Da Matta

"Any drunk can fall off a bar stool. It takes a real man to ride it all the way to the ground."

Referal for Dusk 514:

#2793 LordKefka06

LordKefka06

Follow The Reaper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2011 - 06:56 PM

*cough*host*cough*

#2794 blitz6speed

blitz6speed

Broken 360 D-Pad...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2011 - 07:11 PM

Im going to be re-buying mw2 this week, now that the hacks are disappearing, id like a change of pace from black ops even tho i feel black ops is the superior game, i just want a change of pace from black ops with its lag and framerate issues.

#2795 Mad39er

Mad39er

Posted 20 March 2011 - 08:40 PM

Ran into a hacked lobby. I was actually fortunate enough to know of the hacker before it got started, somebody on the IW posted about julianportman doing his hacks and so I got it on camera. The video is processing right now but here's the link.

You can view the radar hack active in the radar screen and he randomized the spawns, took out the game timer and turned on respawns for Search and Destroy.

Edit: After checking my score, yeah, it screwed up my score and I've got a stupid amount of points. My kills remain the same though, thankfully they can't add or subtract. I jumped from a score of around 230k positioning I want to say to now in the top 90k. Scores can still be screwed with sadly.

Edited by Mad39er, 21 March 2011 - 04:36 AM.

Referal for Dusk 514:

#2796 nakanenui

nakanenui

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:06 PM

I sure hope things get cleared up soon, if thats the case. I hate being stuck at my current level. No ninja, barely got cold blooded, need my AK, lol.
NowPlaying: BF3, RFG, Disgaea3
Latest Plat: Lego HP 1-4

#2797 Mad39er

Mad39er

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:29 PM

I sure hope things get cleared up soon, if thats the case. I hate being stuck at my current level. No ninja, barely got cold blooded, need my AK, lol.

I want to say I probably grinded pretty hardcore to reach 10th relatively quickly but the last two levels were quicker than the rest. I never really had an issue plowing through the Prestiges after my third Prestige though. My first two I was trying to be ultimate sniper and my last two I've been an AK whore. Once you start killing scores of people, the levels just roll on in, so I'd say just focus on getting killstreaks set up to give you tons of kills early on because that's where all your levels are going to be. An easy one to do would be 5/7/9 because all you'd have to do is purchase 7 and 9. I regularly go like 3-10 to 1 running 5/7/9. I get less kills on average going for a nuke more than anything else.

Referal for Dusk 514:

#2798 nakanenui

nakanenui

Posted 22 March 2011 - 02:45 PM

Until I get headphones, Im playing with no sound, so that could explain a bit of my low scores, and the 2 bar... lol. I am done trying to fix that connection, nothing I do helps. Probably have to get a different router first. Or plug the router after the switch.

#2799 evilw0n

evilw0n

Deals & Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2011 - 11:40 AM

Game night? I should be free most of the evening.

#2800 Mad39er

Mad39er

Posted 23 March 2011 - 12:00 PM

Game night? I should be free most of the evening.

Sounds like a plan, I should be good to go tonight.

Referal for Dusk 514:

#2801 nakanenui

nakanenui

Posted 23 March 2011 - 04:22 PM

Since I doubt I will ever play COD BO again, I just locked in my COD BO tradein at amazon for 32.25, putting that towards the Socom 4 Move/SS Bundle. Anyone know of a better trade value for it? I have til 30 Mar to mail it off, so I have time to hustle more money out of this game. I still need the damn zombies trophies, too frustrating.

#2802 evilw0n

evilw0n

Deals & Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2011 - 10:24 PM

Kaiser - pm me your network info. I will be on after dropping the boy off at grandma's, getting dinner and then I will be on.

#2803 combatFlexo

combatFlexo

Who are those guys?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2011 - 01:56 AM

Are any of you MW2 guys interested in Crysis 2 or I'm I the only one. I'm liking what I've played so far, I'm not to anal on FPS though, I've played and enjoyed most of them like WAW, BLOPS, MW2, BF:BC2, and even stuck with the not so great MOH (nokill's most hyped game of 2010). I think I'm going to stick with Crysis 2 until BF3 depending on how SOCOM is I still need to try the beta. I would recommend crysis, but I want to you to know what I've played and enjoyed.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/TRAGINIS

Spoiler

Battlenet ID: Traginis#1577

#2804 Mad39er

Mad39er

Posted 24 March 2011 - 03:29 AM

As much as I really want to support IW right now, fourzerotwo just tweeted that they'll never turn off auto aim for MW2. Which means quickscopers will always have a home. I think it's a completely shitty choice for a game that has been out for so long now.

Referal for Dusk 514:

#2805 evilw0n

evilw0n

Deals & Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2011 - 01:18 PM

Don't forget that they need to patch this again to remove (hopefully) all of the hacks. I really wish I was recording last night so you could see the crazy death I suffered from the speed hack in Storm. Mind you I had cold-blooded, ninja, and silenced weapons. I was coming up the stairs to the area with the mannequins and the other person was coming in off the catwalk. Before I can raise my weapon to shoot he manages to switch weapons, cover the entire distance between us and knife me....all before I can get my weapon raised - and I saw him before he saw me because he was backing into the room.

It seems like the speed hack and the radar hack are the two prevalent ones remaining. I know Mad and I both suffered from the radar hack more than a couple of times last night, although I don't think either was present as much in S&D. I think I only witnessed one radar hack in S&D while we were playing Trailer Park Trash.

Mad - I can hear better directionally with the new headphones, but you could see how the delay was killing me - as evident in TP. It would have helped us if we had anyone else who knew the concepts of how to play last night. I have a great idea, the other team has 2 quick scopers and have called in Choppers and Harriers while none of you are cold-blooded....lets bunch up in front of the windows. My highlight of the night was the level 70, 10th prestige kids (hacks) who were still talking trash after going 0-12 in the two S&D games.

I'm probably in for Friday night....although I probably will not be around until 10ish CDT.

#2806 nakanenui

nakanenui

Posted 13 April 2011 - 02:05 AM

Had to save this thread from going to page 4.

Evilone, I am getting my network setup to you in a PM. Hopefully you can help me optimize without too much headache or additional acquisition cost.

#2807 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:23 AM

so there are still hackers on mw2?

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#2808 Mad39er

Mad39er

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:47 AM

so there are still hackers on mw2?

Yeah, it's back to pre-patch conditions. The exception is they can't derank or uprank you, other than that they have full access to the rest of their cheats. They can screw up your score but not unlock challenges, awaiting the next patch from IW. XBox 360 and PC are slated to receive the updated patch before PS3.

Referal for Dusk 514:

#2809 pogipinoy27

pogipinoy27

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2011 - 02:53 PM

madre di Dios! this thing is still alive?!

I fired up the ps3 after months off (been working mostly and playing sports now that the weather is nicer) and saw kaiser and mad on. I just got cod waw from goozex so I'll probably beat the campaign online if anyone is up for joining. still gotta shake off the rust

#2810 nakanenui

nakanenui

Posted 14 April 2011 - 05:07 PM

yeah fred, missed you man. we should fire this up just to have a reunion since its been a while. if you guys have borderlands then we could play that too.

#2811 nakanenui

nakanenui

Posted 14 April 2011 - 06:41 PM

Or...
Anyone getting SOCOM 4??

#2812 combatFlexo

combatFlexo

Who are those guys?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2011 - 09:41 PM

I have SOCOM preorder...I'm about 90% sure I'm getting this game. I've enjoyed the beta so far and it would be cool to get the MW2 clan back playing a fps of some sort. Brink is on my radar as well.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/TRAGINIS

Spoiler

Battlenet ID: Traginis#1577

#2813 pogipinoy27

pogipinoy27

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2011 - 02:04 AM

is homefront any good? the commercial says it has "CoD beating multiplayer" !!
Posted Image
Posted Image

"The aim and final end of all music should be none other than the glory of God and the refreshment of the soul. "
-Johannes Sebastian Bach

#2814 GTmaster39

GTmaster39

Wes Wes Ya'll

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2011 - 02:16 AM

Matchmaking is still broken. And if you like running at a snails pace, then yea. This wipes CoD across the floor 10x over.
Posted Image
Support NGAME.TV / Made a permanent switch to Ubuntu...Feels Good Man.

#2815 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2011 - 04:29 AM

Haven't gotten a chance to play it, but I do know that the game was selling so poorly that THQ's stock dropped 10 points and the game had to be discounted a day after it came out.:-#

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#2816 nakanenui

nakanenui

Posted 15 April 2011 - 06:05 PM

Well, maybe the next multiplayer game will be Battlefield 3? I plan to not pick up anything COD, Treyarch, Activision from day 1 (maybe after the price drops).

#2817 HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2011 - 06:55 PM

Yeah, it's back to pre-patch conditions. The exception is they can't derank or uprank you, other than that they have full access to the rest of their cheats. They can screw up your score but not unlock challenges, awaiting the next patch from IW. XBox 360 and PC are slated to receive the updated patch before PS3.

Really? I was playing MW2 last night and I didn't notice any "hacking" for a good 2+ hours. Before patch I'd see it all the time. Maybe the patch just deterred them. "Oh well, can't hack after this patch, might as well just play normally."

Also, my cousin (CoD: BO fan) said he liked the Homefront multiplayer more, whatever that's worth. He's a cool guy, but he only plays casually.

Posted Image

#2818 Mad39er

Mad39er

Posted 15 April 2011 - 07:08 PM

Really? I was playing MW2 last night and I didn't notice any "hacking" for a good 2+ hours. Before patch I'd see it all the time. Maybe the patch just deterred them. "Oh well, can't hack after this patch, might as well just play normally."

Also, my cousin (CoD: BO fan) said he liked the Homefront multiplayer more, whatever that's worth. He's a cool guy, but he only plays casually.

It's more fear that they're going to get banned if they do completely overt cheating. Now they just cheat for themselves and whomever they're partied with, so UAV/Radar hacks and the like are more common than what you're used to. I know more or less when I'm against a hacker and when it's just spawn camping because of the team I get stuck on.

S&D is more a test of reactionary skills but early early on Nubbles, myself and 3 others ran into one guy who used the radar hack to kill all of us as we were coming around corners. It's hard to beat planned cheatings with unprepared reactions but I found equpping Akimbo Rangers makes them choose an easier target.

Referal for Dusk 514:

#2819 HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2011 - 07:21 PM

It's more fear that they're going to get banned if they do completely overt cheating. Now they just cheat for themselves and whomever they're partied with, so UAV/Radar hacks and the like are more common than what you're used to. I know more or less when I'm against a hacker and when it's just spawn camping because of the team I get stuck on.

S&D is more a test of reactionary skills but early early on Nubbles, myself and 3 others ran into one guy who used the radar hack to kill all of us as we were coming around corners. It's hard to beat planned cheatings with unprepared reactions but I found equpping Akimbo Rangers makes them choose an easier target.

Ninja Pro? I'm assuming you all use it, since you guys use Headsets you know the dangers of not having Ninja Pro on, so you're probably right about that guy. Though, it's probably way more prevalent[cheating] in other modes besides SnD.

I always thought of SnD as a combination of reaction and strategy. Like knowing what the other teams play like, which can be determined by mid-second round, and being able to adapt to it, and know when to move. Only thing that takes me awhile to get used to is rushers. I have a slower-then-most reaction time on knifing[firing I don't] so I usually lose out to that since I'm a slow mover. (Riot Shield or Sniping mostly)

Marathon-Lightweight-Ninja I find are harder to kill; MLC, not so much.

Posted Image

#2820 LordKefka06

LordKefka06

Follow The Reaper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2011 - 11:07 PM

Are there any GT5 races planned or what not?

If not, I will most likely be on tonight, at 7 PST.