Photo
- - - - -

Latest CAG GameQuest Direct Deals: Disgeaea (DS) $12, Steal Princess (DS) $15 + more

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 10 November 2009 - 02:01 AM

http://www.cheapassg.../stores/gqd.jpg" border="1" alt="" style="border-color: #73a732" />
GameQuest Direct has offered up these exclusive deals to the CAG community. Offers may expire earlier than 12/30.

:ds: Disgaea $11.99 after coupon code CAGDISGDS
:ds: Steal Princess $14.99 after coupon code CAGSTPRNC
:360: Silent Hill: Homecoming $19.99 after coupon code CAGSHHC
:360: Halo 3: ODST $44.99 after coupon code CAGHALDST
:ps2: Eternal Poison $19.99 after coupon code CAGETERNP

Common FAQs from CAGs about GQD deals:

Why are the coupons not stackable? Why use them anyway instead of an instant price drop?
There are several reasons we use coupon codes to handle promotions. One, GQD will not display a lower price than the current MSRP due to the agreement we have with our vendors. Two, coupon codes are assigned to different affiliates for reporting purposes and is currently the best way for us to pass the deals. Lastly, our checkout only allows one coupon per order so it limits resellers from bulk ordering.

Why do some of us get a backorder notification?
Hot deals may temporarily go out of stock. However, 95% of the time, GQD is able to restock and resume shipping within 1-3 business days.

Will GQD always ship out a US version video game?
Yes and no. Keep in mind GQD is a global distributor of region 1 (US/Canada) video games and do not sell bootlegs. We request all games to be shipped NEW in original US packaging from our vendors. Still, there has been times when we received and shipped out Canadian packaging, but even in these cases, most customers receive the US version game but only with an extra French manual (double shrinkwrapped). In other words, it looks like a Canadian release, but it's actually the US game bundled with an extra manual. In such case, simply discard the extra booklet and enjoy the game. Please note, these instances don't occur very often (less than 10% of shipment) and varies on case by case basis. For further questions, please contact service@gamequestdirect.com.

#2 xGunCrazyx

xGunCrazyx

Posted 10 November 2009 - 02:05 AM

meh
Posted Image

#3 aquamajoris

aquamajoris

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2009 - 02:07 AM

that's pretty good for Disgaea, would get it if I hadn't already played the PS2 version to death
Posted Image

#4 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2009 - 02:09 AM

I still hate the coupon that only reason i don't like shop this store. But, steal Princess is tempting..!
"Evil is Funs"

#5 SevereTireDamage

SevereTireDamage

Broken-$$$$ed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2009 - 02:48 AM

Very tempted to go in on Disgaea. How's Steal Princess supposed to be?

#6 Chairman_LMAO

Chairman_LMAO

The Talent

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2009 - 02:58 AM

Very tempted to go in on Disgaea. How's Steal Princess supposed to be?

Reviews seem to say average to slightly better than average.

In for one Disgaea.

#7 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2009 - 03:04 AM

how much is shipping

nevermind foundit... if i had something else to toss in for the free shipping maybe but i still have a one sealed for the psp and still have part 2 psp to play
WOOOO I STINK

#8 Layd Dly

Layd Dly

LEGEND..wait for it..DARY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2009 - 03:15 AM

Grabbed a copy of Disgaea. Steal Princess is also tempting but i think i can do better than 17.99 within the next few months.

Battle.net: Vinomen#1986
76561197994706915.pngAddFriend.png
168249.png

#9 Chairman_LMAO

Chairman_LMAO

The Talent

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2009 - 03:44 AM

Grabbed a copy of Disgaea. Steal Princess is also tempting but i think i can do better than 17.99 within the next few months.

That's exactly why I didn't jump on it. I'm sure it'll be $10 new at GS sometime soon.

I've got to stop buying DS rpgs!

#10 phogoodness

phogoodness

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2009 - 04:11 AM

Despite owning Disgaea for PS2, I'm getting Disgaea DS for the extra levels and characters. Plus it's also useful to have a portable version of the game.

#11 phogoodness

phogoodness

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2009 - 05:36 AM

Also don't forget 4% Bing CB!

#12 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2009 - 05:57 AM

That's exactly why I didn't jump on it. I'm sure it'll be $10 new at GS sometime soon.

I've got to stop buying DS rpgs!

Gamestop did not have this game as NEW, you won't find it at gamestop unless someone traded it in, so it'll be used.

Somehow Gamestop told Atlus that they will not be stocking this game for whatever reason.

#13 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2009 - 06:05 AM

Thanks for the great deals GQD! I already own Disgaea DS, but did want to give it a huge recommendation to anyone on the fence about it. In my opinion, having the top screen be an alway-available map is a HUGE help in lining up attacks, throws, and especially checking out the entire field at a glance. It made planning those Geo Panel chains so much easier to link and plan. I also loved that I could just flip my DS/DSi shut and put the game into standby mode during Item World battles.

I can't recommend this version enough!

#14 Perfect*Ending

Perfect*Ending

Cute Kelly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2009 - 09:04 AM

Probably in for Disgaea DS and Steal Princess.
Posted Image
Best in the World!

New Acronyms:
MSRP = Many Stupid Ridiculous Prices
SAD = Shitty Ass Deal

If you have a PS3, but are not gamesharing, you're doing it wrong.
Get a $60 game on day one for as low as $10?! :hot:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=339425

#15 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2009 - 04:04 PM

Great deal on Disgaea DS.

#16 Chairman_LMAO

Chairman_LMAO

The Talent

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2009 - 06:23 PM

Disgaea's backordered. I got an email telling me so an hour ago.

#17 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2009 - 06:53 PM

Shame to hear Disgaea is backordered, but I can't say I'm surprised. If you can get a hold of it, GO FOR IT. Do some research on it if you'd like- I'm sure you won't be disappointed. But if you just walk into it almost blind (like I did) you'll be blown away at how much fun and how addictive it is. :P

#18 SevereTireDamage

SevereTireDamage

Broken-$$$$ed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2009 - 09:24 PM

Disgaea DS is available from Amazon for $20. With shipping from here it ends up being $15, so it's not a huge difference, though still appreciated...

#19 sabanoo

sabanoo

I like pie.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2009 - 09:38 PM

Disgaea DS is available from Amazon for $20. With shipping from here it ends up being $15, so it's not a huge difference, though still appreciated...

$20 + shipping or a filler item if you don't have prime...and since when is $5 not worth it??? That's 25% off the amazon price which I'd say is a pretty huge difference. Hopefully they get more copies. I'd much rather spend $15 than $20 for the exact same thing.

#20 Perfect*Ending

Perfect*Ending

Cute Kelly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2009 - 09:49 PM

How does Disgaea DS compare to the PS2 version?
Posted Image
Best in the World!

New Acronyms:
MSRP = Many Stupid Ridiculous Prices
SAD = Shitty Ass Deal

If you have a PS3, but are not gamesharing, you're doing it wrong.
Get a $60 game on day one for as low as $10?! :hot:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=339425

#21 Nirron

Nirron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2009 - 10:29 PM

How does Disgaea DS compare to the PS2 version?

Gameplay-wise, I would say the DS version is better. The two screens just work awesomely.

Trade-off is that there's a decent loss in audio/video quality, mainly thinking of the voice acting.

If I had to rate them on my experience, I'd say PSP and DS depending on what you like (edit: PSP has better audio/graphics, while the DS second screen is awesome; not sure how I forgot about that), and the DS (for me, as audio and graphics were a bit less of an issue) edges out the PS2. One thing I forgot is how good the top screen can be, ESPECIALLY in the randomly generated item worlds, where you normally might wander around wondering where in the Fuck the exit is.

As relates to the topic: I may have to pick up Steal Princess. I just read that it's fairly bland overall and that quite a bit of the first few missions feel nearly the same. I just want to get it eventually, since GameStop doesn't even have it in their system, so I wouldn't even be able to get a used copy there if I wanted one.

Edited by Nirron, 11 November 2009 - 04:45 AM.

Posted Image

#22 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 11 November 2009 - 03:35 AM

I love the DS version. Probably my favorite version with the whole second screen helping manage your movement.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#23 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2009 - 04:12 AM

I love the DS version. Probably my favorite version with the whole second screen helping manage your movement.

Agreed! The loss in audio fidelity and voice acting is a small price to pay for being able to use the second screen. With it I can line up attacks, judge throws, see more of the overall play field, determine which direction my characters are facing and which characters are still available for one or more moves. Heck, doing Geo Panel chains is made so much more efficient because of the second screen.

#24 trunks982

trunks982

Wii are the Champions!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2009 - 04:21 AM

lol steal princess. i thought it was like DS version of Fat Princess.

#25 Aesprinto

Aesprinto

Posted 03 December 2009 - 07:36 PM

Ordered a copy of Disgaea a week or so ago; package just arrived containing a copy of "Monster House" (...the hell is that, anyway? A tie-in to some movie I never heard about?). The website says they'll pay for return shipping if you get the wrong item, as long as it arrives within thirty days...we'll see how this all plays out. Thank the gods this only happened with my $16 GQD order, and not my $103 goHastings order!