Blockbuster $9.99 games-local only?

• Please log in to reply
289 replies to this topic

#271 regdent

regdent

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2009 - 05:48 PM

the 9.99 games have no artwork and are in clear cases and priced at 9.99 on the front, it sounds like your bb doesnt have any.

Ok, so I have a bin in my BB but all the games are in cases and most are priced at 39+ so does that mean they're not doing the deals or are these things just ringing at the registers?

#272 shoe478

shoe478

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2009 - 07:22 PM

Has anyone had luck with their stores being restocked? I've only got two within a 50-mile radius, so I'd rather not spend my profit in gas if I have to... >_>;

Lol, if that is all you are making anyway, stay home.

#273 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2009 - 08:39 PM

I'll check again tonight...

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#274 Lord Alfred

Lord Alfred

Dr. Zoidberg

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 07:47 AM

Question for everyone:

I bought some clear-case POGs (9.99 - 360 games) earlier. One from a store that's some distance away (I was in the area on business), and one from a closer store.

The further store scanned my BB card and said they did so because I had so many days to exchange it for another if it didn't work. The closer store did not scan the card and said there were no returns or exchanges allowed on these clear-case POGs and I was basically gambling with my money. I explained what the previous store had told me, and the fellow at the 2nd store claimed the person who rang me up at the first was ignorant and dead wrong.

The games both looked pristine so I didn't worry about it. Damn if I didn't get home and one of them will not play at all in the 360. Cleaning does not help.

So the question is, which store is correct? Am I just outta luck and ripped off for $10? If I can return/exchange, do you think I could do it at the closer BB even though technically it came from the one in BFE?

If these truly are a total gamble, then there should be big stickers/signs stating that so there would be no confusion.

#275 io

io

Posted 02 December 2009 - 09:00 AM

Well, I have yet to see POGs this go around but they should be like any other used game BBV sells and have a 30-day guarantee.

Though they all look pristine, they are for the most part refurbished so potential flaws could just be hidden by that process. I would definitely test them before the 30 days are up.

But anyway, I'd think you would be able to return them at another store. If they question it, just tell them the first store wouldn't let you - that has got to be against policy.

#276 Lord Alfred

Lord Alfred

Dr. Zoidberg

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 03:59 PM

Well, I have yet to see POGs this go around but they should be like any other used game BBV sells and have a 30-day guarantee.

Thanks, io. I'll go by a different local store today and see what they say. I just found it hard to believe a chain store like BBV would sell things "as-is, no return" if they weren't having a going-out-of-business event or something.

#277 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 04:08 PM

This last round of POG's proved how retarded BBV corporate really are. Their price everything the same mentality is not working. 1 of my BBV's still have about 10-15 POGS's on the shelf, all games that can easily be bought for less at GS. Of course the COD4/5, etc per picked up by me for 10$ each, so really no complaints, but how BBV stays in business is beyond my understanding.
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#278 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 04:10 PM

Question for everyone:

I bought some clear-case POGs (9.99 - 360 games) earlier. One from a store that's some distance away (I was in the area on business), and one from a closer store.

The further store scanned my BB card and said they did so because I had so many days to exchange it for another if it didn't work. The closer store did not scan the card and said there were no returns or exchanges allowed on these clear-case POGs and I was basically gambling with my money. I explained what the previous store had told me, and the fellow at the 2nd store claimed the person who rang me up at the first was ignorant and dead wrong.

The games both looked pristine so I didn't worry about it. Damn if I didn't get home and one of them will not play at all in the 360. Cleaning does not help.

So the question is, which store is correct? Am I just outta luck and ripped off for $10? If I can return/exchange, do you think I could do it at the closer BB even though technically it came from the one in BFE?

If these truly are a total gamble, then there should be big stickers/signs stating that so there would be no confusion.

Seeing that the POG's use a generic barcode, why worry. Just take the faulty game back to the store that indicated the 30 day guarantee.
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#279 Be3fJerky

Be3fJerky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 07:18 PM

Yeah, I'm also wondering if they restock these bins, last time i checked they barely had anything, bunch of crap games.

#280 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 02 December 2009 - 07:24 PM

two blockbusters near me just took the ppg's and sold them for the standard sale price.

#281 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 07:52 PM

This last round of POG's proved how retarded BBV corporate really are. Their price everything the same mentality is not working. 1 of my BBV's still have about 10-15 POGS's on the shelf, all games that can easily be bought for less at GS. Of course the COD4/5, etc per picked up by me for 10$ each, so really no complaints, but how BBV stays in business is beyond my understanding.

Some of the POGs were also priced higher than the usual sale price of the games, e.g. Beautiful Katamari sells for $6.99 at Blockbuster complete with case and manual if you can find it, and yet I saw a POG of the same game for $9.99!

#282 Lord Alfred

Lord Alfred

Dr. Zoidberg

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 11:29 PM

Seeing that the POG's use a generic barcode, why worry. Just take the faulty game back to the store that indicated the 30 day guarantee.

That store is much, much further away. I want to establish the true BBV policy so I can possibly go to any local BBV to return or exchange. Besides, the girl that told me that may have really been mistaken, so I wanted to see if anyone had personal experience one way or the other.

#283 Patriotbball5460

Patriotbball5460

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 11:36 PM

Anyone in Columbus, Ohio find anything by chance?

#284 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 01:58 AM

Very interesting. Would like to actually find a deal at BBV since they rarely ever have anything worth going down there for. TIVs are horrible, rentals are obscene, etc.

May have to give them a call this weekend and check out some of the stock.

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#285 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Captain fuckin' Marvel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 01:59 AM

I went again today to check if they had anything and still nothing. I'm going to give up on them.

#286 Lord Alfred

Lord Alfred

Dr. Zoidberg

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 08:25 PM

Just to update on my situation. I went to a local BBV (a third store) and asked them if I could return the POG I had purchased at the far-away store that did not load on the 360. He said sure and processed a refund for me right away. So that manager that said you couldn't return POGs was full of crap.

I can see why they might not want to accept returns on these. Since they all have the same label/sku, you could conceivably buy several POGs that had higher TIVs, replace the discs with old sports games, and then return them and get all your money back. Then trade in the good games. BBV shouldn't really be using a single SKU for these.

#287 soulvengeance

soulvengeance

Beating dead horses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 08:51 PM

Really? I thought my receipt had the game name listed, but I could be wrong. Anyway, I picked up Fear 2 at my store, they didn't really have anything else I was interested in.
mytradelist:
http://www.cheapassg...864#post2614864

Calls this what you may, but I would say that Blacks actually benefited from the slavery. Comparing the current lives of many African Americans to Africans, one can see that the former live in much better conditions with greater freedoms and opportunities.

#288 GohanX

GohanX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 10:51 PM

I checked my local store, and they only had a few crap games in the bin. However, I did find Mirrors Edge and FEAR 2 complete for $9.99 each so I was a happy camper.

#289 anthonyd46

anthonyd46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 11:02 PM

All mine has (Rye Brook, NY) is Fallout 3(non GOTY) for 19.99 and Eat lead for 24.99 no 9.99 yet

#290 SLeeK719

SLeeK719

Posted 15 March 2010 - 06:33 PM

Mine had Brutal Legend, Ghostbusters, Terminator Salvation, Sid Miers Civilization, Prince of Persia, Eternal Sonata, Ninja Gaiden II, Eat Lead:Matt Hazzard, Guitar Hero World Tour, Mirrors Edge and a bunch of other titles for $9.99