Feedback
1 (100%)
ExciteBike: World Rally
Publisher: Nintendo
Players: 1-4
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone)
Price: 1,000 Wii Points™
File Size: 201 Blocks
Description: Prepare to face daredevil jumps, crazy obstacles and other racers in the newest installment in the venerable Excitebike franchise, available exclusively on the WiiWare service. Choose from multiple camera angles as you tilt your way to smooth landings using motion-sensitive controls. Compete in races around the world in four championship circuits. Use Nintendo® Wi-Fi Connection to invite friends to a race. Or if you're feeling brave, take on anyone else looking for a match. Feel like tackling a challenge of your own design? Use the intuitive Track Editor to choose from the available obstacles and put together your dream course, then share courses with friends to see whose creation skills reign supreme.
Currently at a 8.1 on metacritic
[quote name='IGN 79']As much as I still hold the classic near and dear to my heart I don't think it quite holds up to today's standards, but this 3D revisit is easily one of the better WiiWare offerings available.[/Quote]
[quote name='Nintendo Life 90']With more tracks, more bonus features and more strategic racing challenges, Excitebike: World Rally is a racing game that will keep you challenged with its ever-increasing difficulty and entertained with its track editor and online play.[/quote]

The motion controls are optional with the exception of shaking the wiimote to recover after a crash. 16 tracks total, with a track editor and 4 player online multiplayer. The alternate camera angle is turned on/off by hitting the A button.

excitebike-world-rally-20091027061342888_640w.jpg

excitebike-world-rally-20091027061327591_640w.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ-e0VLd_Ac

Friend Codes - 7 People so far
Kaoz: 0260 0402 1280
ProfWho: 3352 4128 1140
Oemor: 0217 0863 7049
Datura: 0131 1890 9803
KingBroly: 1505 5833 8415
Crunchewy: 5456 9549 5875
Jstryke: 4340 3671 1680

Last edited by a moderator:
This looks fun. I'm surprised the game came out so quickly though, they really waited until the alst minute to announce it's release.

I added everybody in the op. Would live to play online with cags. Also, sorry about the formatting of my fc. Here it is again: 5456 9549 5875

I've only gotten to the gold cup so far and have played some online matches and done pretty well. I do better with and prefer the "normal" (motion) controls. Works well for me - more intuitive.

[quote name='crunchewy']What? (at grace12)[/QUOTE]

It's code for SuperPhillip got this game and is enjoying it. Love seeing all the backgrounds from the Excite Truck and Bots games.

I went back and finished up the 3rd cup. The 2nd race in that cup gave me a bit of trouble. The last 2 races however, I got through on my first try each. So...yeah, I want to play online against some people that I know. I have Kaoz, but that's about it.

It's a solid game. I'm honestly surprised they didn't try and make it a retail title and have twice as many tracks.

Downloaded. Played for an hour. Breezed through Bronze Cup and played online for a while. Online with only two players feels so unsatisfying. Four players is where it's at.

Wheelie jumping and landing on your opponent's front tire right before the finish line is great.

Pushing your temp to the limit one millisecond too long and overheating right as you approach coolant is not.

[quote name='crunchewy']I've only gotten to the gold cup so far and have played some online matches and done pretty well. I do better with and prefer the "normal" (motion) controls. Works well for me - more intuitive.[/QUOTE]

When I first started playing, I found myself trying to change lanes by tilting the controller, despite knowing that the controls didn't work like that! It would be interesting if that option were presented.

I have used nothing but normal control and it seems good. I have nothing against the O.G. Excitebike controls, but having my thumb control one thing while my arms control another is helpful.

So far, every single other person online (about 8 people came and went) has been using classic controls. Odd.

[quote name='Zing']When I first started playing, I found myself trying to change lanes by tilting the controller, despite knowing that the controls didn't work like that! It would be interesting if that option were presented.[/QUOTE]

Well, you see...
If you get an S-Rank on every track in single player, you will unlock the "Pro" control scheme, an almost full motion-control scheme. It gives you the option to shift the camera to a behind-the-back viewpoint and allows you to change lanes by tilting the controller left/right. Here's a video of it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_x64rlmUMQ

Why did you have to go and do that? Now I am forced to go play the game for a few hours to S rank everything!

Anyone else think that it is far too easy to recover from a fall? You crash and roll fast. You get back on your bike almost instantly. Then the game gives you this huge boost of speed.

[quote name='Zing']Why did you have to go and do that? Now I am forced to go play the game for a few hours to S rank everything!

Anyone else think that it is far too easy to recover from a fall? You crash and roll fast. You get back on your bike almost instantly. Then the game gives you this huge boost of speed.[/QUOTE]

I kinda like that, you still lose time for a crash, but its not a big punishment like overheating.

I keep wanting to play this but I have some games I borrowed from a friend, meaning they have to get played with almost all of my gaming time :

Ok, I just finished S-ranking everything. I had S-rank in everything except platinum China on the first or second try. Freaking China took me an hour by itself.

Halfway through the silver cup, I realized that you could cool off by causing other bikers to crash. However, I quickly learned to stay the hell away from any and all CPU bikers. Nine times out of ten, if I crashed, it was due to bouncing off a biker's head, which threw off my ramp timings. Sometimes they would just veer into my lane for no good reason. I even had a few times where they went into the mud or grass and randomly crashed into me. Half of the game seems to be avoiding these clowns.

I tried the pro controller mode and it would definitely take some getting used to. Now I am curious what all the extra question marks are in the options, since it claims I have "unlocked everything".

Platinum China was the hardest for me too, I must of did it like fifty times to get a S Rank, the track is forever burned into my brain now so I can do it with ease now.

I think the question marks you see are for the bikes you unlock for friend races & anyone races on WFC. I'm pretty much addicted to this game & unlocked all of them awhile back.

Just finished S-Ranking gold cup last night, had to do China a few times but the rest were easy. Now for platinum, this should be a pain.

I am up to 60 anyone points. I haven't actually played it that much. I think I have come in first place every times except twice.

I have no "friends".

[quote name='Zing']I am up to 60 anyone points. I haven't actually played it that much. I think I have come in first place every times except twice.

I have no "friends".[/QUOTE]

We have six people listed in the OP, if you want your number added just add those and post yer' number =P

Wow guys, this much not be getting much attention huh?

I remember trying to tell people how fun excite truck was and it seemed no one listened.

I think I am going to grab this, possibly this weekend.

I hate to admit it, but I am done with this game. This is probably the fastest I have played out a Nintendo published game since Trace Memory. I got three hours of play in single player (one hour of that spent on Platinum China), and three hours in multiplayer (I am approaching 100 points).

The multiplayer gameplay is actually worse than single player, due to lag. Sometimes I get hit by bikers that aren't close to me, and sometimes other bikers will pass right through me when they should ram me. Most of the time the collisions are accurate, but it is random enough to ruin aggressive tactics. The gameplay is basically single player. There is no interaction. You do a two minute race, get a few points, unlock a new color, repeat.

It's a shame Nintendo didn't include a mode with no CPU bikers. Then multiplayer wouldn't be so random. I'm surprised there isn't a "time trial" mode with no CPU bikers. It's pointless to try for a fast time for two reasons: 1) CPU bikers are too random 2) There is no way to share your time with anyone, even other users of your Wii. Why the hell isn't there a locally shared scoreboard?

The gameplay was fun as hell during my three hours. I was planning on gifting this game to at least two people. It's a shame.

I had bought this a while back and played it a bit and then set it aside, but recently started playing again. It's a really fun game. I would, aside from wanting to play online with some CAGs, like to work on the friends-only online design unlocks. Doubt I'll ever get to 500 points, but maybe we can get the first two unlocks. Anyone else interested in setting up a time for a CAG Excitebike fest?

Regarding online play, it's been flawless for us, and we are on a lowly low-end DSL connection. No lag whatsoever. Also the game would be a bore without the CPU players in there as well. Someone would take the lead and that would be it, pretty much. Part of the point of the game is not running into traffic, and using the CPU bikes to cool your engine so you can boost you way to the finish line.

[quote name='crunchewy']I had bought this a while back and played it a bit and then set it aside, but recently started playing again. It's a really fun game. I would, aside from wanting to play online with some CAGs, like to work on the friends-only online design unlocks. Doubt I'll ever get to 500 points, but maybe we can get the first two unlocks. Anyone else interested in setting up a time for a CAG Excitebike fest?

Regarding online play, it's been flawless for us, and we are on a lowly low-end DSL connection. No lag whatsoever. Also the game would be a bore without the CPU players in there as well. Someone would take the lead and that would be it, pretty much. Part of the point of the game is not running into traffic, and using the CPU bikes to cool your engine so you can boost you way to the finish line.[/QUOTE]

Id be up for some play or just farming either way would be fine by me (a lot of people on gamefaqs were running through on an 8 second course just for fast points)

I have yet to catch any friends online, but wouldn't mind getting the unlocks either. I took a break from it too cause I borrowed Brutal Legend, and Assassins Creed 2 from a friend but just recently got around to finishing S-ranking everything. Platinum Fiji was a pain, but the rest took 4 or so attempts at the most.

I decided to pick this up last week while my 360 is out for repairs and love it. Total blast.

I'd love to hook up with some CAGs for the 'Friend' unlocks as I don't know anyone personally that will buy it. I'll be on tonight.

I think I'm going to have to back off on the idea until xmas. We've got presents to wrap and such. I don't know what I was thinking! :) However, I'll definitely up for it after xmas.

I bought it a week ago and in between playing NSMBW this has been my other title. I completed the first two cups all S ranked and am moving to the next one.

The game definitely leaves me a feeling of nostalgia. I didn't play the original Excitebike on the NES but I did play the crap out of Konami's Motocross Maniacs on the old GB. It reminds me of it, kind of lol :D

I actually got this myself just other day. I S ranked the first 3 cups without too much difficulty, but platinum cup was rough, especially New York. China is giving me my hands full as well though.

Anyways, main reason for the bumping was, there was a forum I found yesterday that's starting up with people looking to get in games of excite bike and probably mario kart (and might even expand past that as well).

http://ewr.spruz.com/

I forget which one, but one of the S cup times to beat is 1:47, and I finished with a 1:47:01. Talk about frustrating.

I did end up finishing them all though. Took a couple hours to do it.

Yeah, Fiji I found irritating as for the longest time I kept getting a 2nd short. As for New York, I did well until the very end where I kept getting choked up.

And before I forget if anybody wants to add me, my code is 4340 3671 1680 / name - Stryker

[quote name='Corvin']I forget which one, but one of the S cup times to beat is 1:47, and I finished with a 1:47:01. Talk about frustrating.

I did end up finishing them all though. Took a couple hours to do it.[/QUOTE]

That one took me hours to beat, I quit one night after being .04 off of the time. Came back at it a day or two later and beat it no problem. It was Fiji, and it is the only track that gave me trouble.

Ill add you to the op stryke (and to my game list next time im on)

bread's done
Back