Photo
- - - - -

Excitebike: World Rally (WiiWare) - 8.1 on Metacritic

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 Kaoz

Kaoz

Posted 22 December 2009 - 07:54 PM

I had bought this a while back and played it a bit and then set it aside, but recently started playing again. It's a really fun game. I would, aside from wanting to play online with some CAGs, like to work on the friends-only online design unlocks. Doubt I'll ever get to 500 points, but maybe we can get the first two unlocks. Anyone else interested in setting up a time for a CAG Excitebike fest?

Regarding online play, it's been flawless for us, and we are on a lowly low-end DSL connection. No lag whatsoever. Also the game would be a bore without the CPU players in there as well. Someone would take the lead and that would be it, pretty much. Part of the point of the game is not running into traffic, and using the CPU bikes to cool your engine so you can boost you way to the finish line.

Id be up for some play or just farming either way would be fine by me (a lot of people on gamefaqs were running through on an 8 second course just for fast points)

I have yet to catch any friends online, but wouldn't mind getting the unlocks either. I took a break from it too cause I borrowed Brutal Legend, and Assassins Creed 2 from a friend but just recently got around to finishing S-ranking everything. Platinum Fiji was a pain, but the rest took 4 or so attempts at the most.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#32 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2009 - 01:21 PM

I decided to pick this up last week while my 360 is out for repairs and love it. Total blast.

I'd love to hook up with some CAGs for the 'Friend' unlocks as I don't know anyone personally that will buy it. I'll be on tonight.

#33 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 23 December 2009 - 03:01 PM

I think I'm going to have to back off on the idea until xmas. We've got presents to wrap and such. I don't know what I was thinking! :) However, I'll definitely up for it after xmas.

Crunchewy.png

#34 M-PG71C

M-PG71C

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2009 - 07:03 AM

I bought it a week ago and in between playing NSMBW this has been my other title. I completed the first two cups all S ranked and am moving to the next one.

The game definitely leaves me a feeling of nostalgia. I didn't play the original Excitebike on the NES but I did play the crap out of Konami's Motocross Maniacs on the old GB. It reminds me of it, kind of lol :D
Posted Image

#35 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2009 - 01:46 AM

I have all S on the first three cups but the last one is kicking my ass. I've only mustered As on all of them.

#36 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2010 - 02:44 PM

I actually got this myself just other day. I S ranked the first 3 cups without too much difficulty, but platinum cup was rough, especially New York. China is giving me my hands full as well though.

Anyways, main reason for the bumping was, there was a forum I found yesterday that's starting up with people looking to get in games of excite bike and probably mario kart (and might even expand past that as well).

http://ewr.spruz.com/

I stream on Twitch. At least two times a week. http://www.twitch.tv/jstryker416

JStryker416.png

#37 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2010 - 04:23 PM

I forget which one, but one of the S cup times to beat is 1:47, and I finished with a 1:47:01. Talk about frustrating.

I did end up finishing them all though. Took a couple hours to do it.

#38 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2010 - 04:43 PM

Yeah, Fiji I found irritating as for the longest time I kept getting a 2nd short. As for New York, I did well until the very end where I kept getting choked up.

And before I forget if anybody wants to add me, my code is 4340 3671 1680 / name - Stryker

I stream on Twitch. At least two times a week. http://www.twitch.tv/jstryker416

JStryker416.png

#39 Kaoz

Kaoz

Posted 14 January 2010 - 05:34 PM

I forget which one, but one of the S cup times to beat is 1:47, and I finished with a 1:47:01. Talk about frustrating.

I did end up finishing them all though. Took a couple hours to do it.

That one took me hours to beat, I quit one night after being .04 off of the time. Came back at it a day or two later and beat it no problem. It was Fiji, and it is the only track that gave me trouble.

Ill add you to the op stryke (and to my game list next time im on)
Posted ImagePosted Image