Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

• Please log in to reply
9742 replies to this topic

#5731 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 01:38 PM

I think it's just a really common item to find in stock. I don't own any sports games but if I can fart around with it for a couple of hours (and punch Oscar De La Hoya in the face) then it's money well spent.

Lol @ the de la hoya comment ( I did use him as my "sparing partner" to refine my skills in the ring). Fight night 3 in my mind is the best in the series
Currently playing
:ps3: Shadows of the damned, assassins creed 3
:360: final fantasy 13, gta 4: complete, dishonored
:3ds: nothing
:psp: ps all stars battle royale

Games recently beaten
:psp: assassins creed: liberation (best portible open world game ever dispite problems) :applause:
:360: Kane and lynch 2: dog days (meh game for 5$) :cold:
Games remaining in backlog: 8

#5732 arsenal_fan

arsenal_fan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 01:52 PM

[quote name='ZombieToast']Because I'm annoying and insist on being right

That my friend is why I called you a Sheldon cooper wannabe. You both are funny though.

#5733 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 01:58 PM

All I know is that last week I helped out a CAG with the Tom Petty DVD set... Media Mail was like $260. I was lucky that it was media mail-able, or I'd have taken a loss sending the set to the CAG it was going to.

Currently Playing:
:360:
Rocksmith 2014, Borderlands 2, Skyrim

#5734 GodSmackedMe

GodSmackedMe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 04:11 PM

How much were the socks? UPC please

On clearance at $13.37 for one pair. The gold tips function as Playstation Moves, and they overflow the RAM when using a Kinect so Kinect games move in slow motion. Not only that- when playing DDR, the magnetized tips automatically pull towards the correct arrow buttons. YMMV.

Kinda funny, just left Sears, and while I was there I passed by a bin full of clearance socks. The pack I noticed, Silver Toe by the Gold Toe Company. Normally $8, down to $5, for a whopping 3 pairs of socks.

No Live starter kits tho :( And apparently I now have a hoarder to deal with, clerk at a Sears yesterday told me I just missed the mother load, that someone just bought every $3 game they had.

Edited by godsmack13, 10 August 2011 - 04:30 PM.

Posted Image

#5735 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 04:20 PM

^ Well, it might not be a true "horder". Last month when my Sears had all their games marked down to $3, I bought one of each and extras when I knew my friends would want them. It just so happened that they only really had one of each $3 game so I kind of wiped them out.
Spoiler

#5736 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 04:26 PM

Found a Yamaha RX-V467 receiver on clearance for $147. The cashier thought that the last one they had was the used/beat-to-hell shelf model, but we found one new in the box on the other side of the shelf.:bouncy:

Couldn't have come at a better time, since our receiver is starting to crap out.

Also, this thread is getting way too cluttered again with off-topic banter (shipping costs/methods, etc.).

#5737 GodSmackedMe

GodSmackedMe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 04:37 PM

^ Well, it might not be a true "horder". Last month when my Sears had all their games marked down to $3, I bought one of each and extras when I knew my friends would want them. It just so happened that they only really had one of each $3 game so I kind of wiped them out.

Ok, fair enough, but it still means I probably now have some solid competition :-#

Oh, and I did pickup 2 Nyko Charge Base 2's for the PS3, 1 for me 1 for the kid. Saw the original version of the Sony Bluetooth headset for 20, but just couldn't justify buying it when I really want a Turtle Beach or Tritton. If I could only make up my mind which one hehe.

Edited by godsmack13, 10 August 2011 - 05:19 PM.

Posted Image

#5738 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 05:31 PM

Saw 4 60GB starter kits in my local Sears at lunch. I have no need for them. I left them on the shelf... No insanely cheap games, except :ps3: band hero band kit for $29.99. If I didn't already have a fucking festival show worth of plastic band shit, I might have been interested.

No Tom Tom 540 (dammit), though they had a couple of other GPS units on clearance for decent prices. May go back and get one once I get paid next week.

Currently Playing:
Rocksmith 2014, Borderlands 2, Skyrim

#5739 devin305

devin305

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 08:53 PM

What sucks is I didn't notice till I got home that they didn't give me my receipt in the bag.:roll: This now makes the second time I've had an issue with a Sears Holding Corp store, though the first one was at least partially my fault cuz I didn't fully check the damned shrinkwrap on it before I left the store and the game was MIA. But SHC-Gamer is comping me for the bs at my closest store AND the missing game via a gc, so all's well on that front.;)

I signed up for the Sears reward program and they email my receipts to me as well as giving me a physical one.

By the way, I appreciate all of your contributions over the years!

#5740 mattyg00013

mattyg00013

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:27 PM

Got a couple of the Xbox 60GB Starter Bundles yesterday, replaced my old 20GBs with those, good deal. I did notice though that the Xbox Live 3 Month cards say that they have expired, has anyone had a chance to try them out yet? I have not started up my system, was going to wait until my current sub expires to use these but now I am kind of curious.

Also picked up
Soul Calibur IV $5
Riddick $5
Red Faction $5
$Skate 2 $5
Some great cheap titles for sure, thanks for the heads up OP.

#5741 PurpleJesus74

PurpleJesus74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:48 PM

Finally registered,been on bluray.com for a while,but they had no info. about Sears.Between 3 stores i got:
:ps3: MLB 09- $5
Skate 2 - $5
Dark Void - $4
Burnout Paradise - $5
Alpha Protocol - $5
Also found and bought 1 DS3 -silver- $19.97

:wii: Deadspace Extraction - $5
NHL 2K10 - $6
These stores didnt know anything about the additional 33 % off clearance games unfortunately.
Saw some ok looking Sony digital cameras,kinda need a new one,but hoping they'll go cheaper.I think i'm done with Sears for now,but these sales are addicting,its like a crack fiend chasing your next high,lol.Only kidding,i don't do drugs.

#5742 newbslice

newbslice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:38 PM

Just got back from my Sears and apparently they didn't get the memo that clearance isn't $40 on 2 yr old games, didn't find one game for sale under 20

#5743 goodbyetonight

goodbyetonight

Lt. Commander

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:43 PM

Had a nice haul today.

:ps3:
X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $8
Singularity - $5

3-month gold card - $4
60 GB Starter Kit - $20
Chronicles of Riddick - $5
Mass Effect - $5

I was planning on trading in Mass Effect and Riddick to Gamestop to go towards the 3 for an extra $10 since I already have both but seeing as how Riddick only trades in for $1.50 that's now a birthday present for a friend. I also don't need the 60 GB hard drive so if anyone's interested, let me know.

Edited by goodbyetonight, 11 August 2011 - 12:57 AM.

98799.pngimages_zps9a2215bc.jpg

#5744 envelopes

envelopes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:51 PM

picked up :ps3: prince of persia for 4.97 today. I only went because google told me they had :ps3: alpha protocol. Lying google.

#5745 sfabo

sfabo

Posted 11 August 2011 - 12:12 AM

Got a couple of the Xbox 60GB Starter Bundles yesterday, replaced my old 20GBs with those, good deal. I did notice though that the Xbox Live 3 Month cards say that they have expired, has anyone had a chance to try them out yet? I have not started up my system, was going to wait until my current sub expires to use these but now I am kind of curious.

Can anyone confirm if they are expired?

#5746 MiraiLink

MiraiLink

Posted 11 August 2011 - 12:15 AM

I can confirm that they have not expired. After reading both of your posts, I went and redeemed my 3 months from the Starter Bundle and it worked just fine.

#5747 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 12:16 AM

If it's on a card they don't expire and if for some reason it won't work I am pretty sure you can contact MS about the problem.

#5748 preston181

preston181

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 12:27 AM

Any word on the availability of these netbooks and Xbox Live cards that people have mentioned on here? Are they YMMV or more nationalized? Also, any word if Kmarts are matching their clearance pricing?

#5749 gaggil

gaggil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 12:28 AM

Yeah, I bought a wireless headset from blockbuster a couple months ago. Out of the box, it appeared to be DOA, the lights couldn't come on to indicate it was charging when I plugged it in. But I left it plugged into a USB port for several hours, then unplugged it, and plugged it back in. This time, it did light up. Left it charge overnight, and now it works fine. So it was just a case of the battery being so completely depleted that it couldn't run the lights, but it did absorb at least a partial charge. So try that if you're otherwise stuck. Edit - to clarify, I used a USB port on my computer, so I didn't have to leave the xbox on overnight.

The headset I bought a few days ago charged with no problem
Plugged it in and lights started flashing and started charging right away.

#5750 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 11 August 2011 - 12:32 AM

Any word on the availability of these netbooks and Xbox Live cards that people have mentioned on here? Are they YMMV or more nationalized? Also, any word if Kmarts are matching their clearance pricing?

Use Google Shopping to see if any Sears stores by you have them in stock. Just search 7" Sylvania Netbook on Google Shopping and it should bring up your local Sears stores and tell you if there are any in stock and/or what price they'd be.;)

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#5751 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 12:39 AM

Is that netbook even worth it, the reviews seem really crappy on it.

#5752 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 12:45 AM

I didn't realize Fight Night 3 was $5 until I read the thread last night. I had just been at Sears and they still had a copy marked at $15 so I thought I was golden. Stopped in today and they finally decided to tag the new drops... and Fight Night was gone. But they did consolidate some of the clearance stuff and I found a few new items to pick up.

Grabbed a PS3 charging base $9.97, a Wii classic controller $4.97 and a PSP 2gb memory Stick Pro Duo $4.97.

I looked through the thread but I didn't see anything about the DJ Hero 2 bundles but apparently they dropped pretty low because they had four last night and none today. I did see that they have the white and black Wii consoles on clearance for $149. I'll be watching the black ones for a further drop.
Bah weep granah weep nini bong.

And now I present Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy:

Spoiler

#5753 cat_tango

cat_tango

I love Atlus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 12:47 AM

Is that netbook even worth it, the reviews seem really crappy on it.

We bought two and are using one to test different OS stuff. Right now we have Android running on it. Helps though that my fiance is a computer scientist. :p I don't know what your average CAG could do with it. I certainly couldn't do as much as he has. For $12 (at our store) it was totally worth it to play around on.

#5754 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 01:03 AM

It says I have one near me but the price says $50 so I think I just may pass on it. The only reason I would want one is if I go on a trip and I wouldn't have to worry over a non expensive item.

#5755 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 11 August 2011 - 01:24 AM

We bought two and are using one to test different OS stuff. Right now we have Android running on it. Helps though that my fiance is a computer scientist. :p I don't know what your average CAG could do with it. I certainly couldn't do as much as he has. For $12 (at our store) it was totally worth it to play around on.

Wait, you got Android onto it? I thought that Windows CE was flashed onto the ROM and you couldn't get rid of it?

Can you give me a walkthrough on how you did it?

#5756 donniedroc

donniedroc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 01:42 AM

I managed to pick up the 60 gig starter kit for xbox at the Merritt Square mall for $20, for those in the FL Space Coast area. There were 2 left.

#5757 xDerekRx

xDerekRx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:01 AM

Did well at one of my local sears

Guitar Hero 5 bundle Wii - 14.97
60gb hd kit 360 - 19.97
PS2 controller - 4.97
Powershot A490 - 24.97

#5758 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:58 AM

There are many of the 60 GB starter kits in the (southern) boston area. I picked up a few to upgrade my xbox. Also picked up a few copies of the following:

:ps3: Singularity x 2
:ps3: Red faction: Guerrilla x 2
:360: Raiden fighter aces

All for 4.97 each.

Also found 2x Silver Dual Shock 3's which I was quite surprised I found. Was looking for a silver ps2, but there are none in the area, but I did find the 8mb memory card for 4.97 also, so I'm happy!

This thread is becoming one of my favorites again.

Edited by shivan128, 11 August 2011 - 04:20 AM.

#5759 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 11 August 2011 - 04:06 AM

Powershot A490 - 24.97

Interesting. I just searched using Google Shopping and one of my local stores is showing it in stock...for $14.97. A digital camera that's actually major name brand....for under $20....hell yeah.;)

Although the families car is going in the shop tomorrow, so I probably won't be able to get to that store to get it before it gets snatched up.:cry: But it's probably only the display model left by now with none of the accessories it comes with or even a damned box at this point.:bomb:

Was looking for a silver ps3, but there are none in the area, but I did find the 8mb memory card for 4.97 also, so I'm happy!

This thread is becoming one of my favorites again.

I still have one of the red/blue two packs from when Sears cleared those out a couple of years ago. They're sitting right here in front of me still sealed. But with every retailer clearing out PS2's and PS2 accessories now, it seems like a no brainer to pick this stuff up for the secondary market cuz once the stock of these items is depleted then the value should shoot up a bit.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#5760 cat_tango

cat_tango

I love Atlus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 04:11 AM

Wait, you got Android onto it? I thought that Windows CE was flashed onto the ROM and you couldn't get rid of it?

Can you give me a walkthrough on how you did it?

My fiance says you don't want a walkthrough due to how crazy hard it was, but here are the links we used, from earlier in the thread:
http://www.chatnfiles.com/netbook.htm
http://tech.groups.y...lvania_netbook/
ftp://files.chatnfiles.com/Sylvania_netbook

Good luck!