Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

• Please log in to reply
9895 replies to this topic

#5761 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 04:22 AM

I still have one of the red/blue two packs from when Sears cleared those out a couple of years ago. They're sitting right here in front of me still sealed. But with every retailer clearing out PS2's and PS2 accessories now, it seems like a no brainer to pick this stuff up for the secondary market cuz once the stock of these items is depleted then the value should shoot up a bit.

I know waht you mean!! I wasn't really looking for the memory cards, but what the heck, for $5, I'll splurge. ;) Gotta find some of those 360 play and charge kits though, I have some controllers that could use them!

#5762 msriflegirl

msriflegirl

All your base...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 04:57 AM

I picked up the last :ps3: Singularity for $5 in Fayetteville, NC. They had 2 of the Xbox starter kits, but I passed since I don't have an Xbox.
Posted Image

#5763 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 05:19 AM

I could use a play and charge kit mabye i should go to sears and take my chances
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#5764 RealDeals

RealDeals

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 10:53 AM

I picked up the last :ps3: Singularity for $5 in Fayetteville, NC. They had 2 of the Xbox starter kits, but I passed since I don't have an Xbox.

Got $5 back on Singularity after I originally got it for $10. Thanks for the update on that :)

#5765 Vader582

Vader582

Dark Lord of Savings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 01:41 PM

Ah, good ol' Fayettenam. My old stomping ground. If only I knew about clearance back then like I do now. :lol:
That whole Cross Creek area seems like such a pain to get around now.

Singularity is enjoyable so far. The only thing I don't like is that there is no way to restart an entire level. You are stuck with using the last checkpoint, so make your decisions wisely in the game.
Posted Image
Posted Image
TV?
Spoiler

Spoiler

Fist bump?

#5766 UNC5052

UNC5052

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:22 PM

Got $5 back on Singularity after I originally got it for $10. Thanks for the update on that :)

Was it still within the 14 day return/price guarantee period? I bought mine for $10 about a month ago and I was wondering if I would still be able to get $5 back.

#5767 xDerekRx

xDerekRx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 03:26 PM

Interesting. I just searched using Google Shopping and one of my local stores is showing it in stock...for $14.97. A digital camera that's actually major name brand....for under $20....hell yeah.;)

Although the families car is going in the shop tomorrow, so I probably won't be able to get to that store to get it before it gets snatched up.:cry: But it's probably only the display model left by now with none of the accessories it comes with or even a damned box at this point.:bomb:

I still have one of the red/blue two packs from when Sears cleared those out a couple of years ago. They're sitting right here in front of me still sealed. But with every retailer clearing out PS2's and PS2 accessories now, it seems like a no brainer to pick this stuff up for the secondary market cuz once the stock of these items is depleted then the value should shoot up a bit.

Yeah I was shocked to see them sitting there. They were marked 24.97 too. Its a very decent 10mp camera. I saw on my phone they generally bring 80$ on ebay so well worth the pickup. They had 3 at my Sears so I grabbed 2. 1 is an easy gift for my parents.

They had a ton of other cameras on clearance. Going back today to check them out again to see if there are any more gems. I remember when I worked at Sears last year this was around the time of year when lots of good camera clearances happen.

#5768 onyzukae

onyzukae

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 03:38 PM

How much for DJ HERO 2 bundle? I saw last night. didnt know its on sale..
Just pick 8gb PSP micro memory adapter 14.97 / alpha protocol 4.97

#5769 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 03:51 PM

Walmart still has the memory cards for $19.99 here along with all other PS2 accessories at 19.99 so picking them up for $5 each is a steal. I didn't really need another memory card either but you never know someday I might need it especially if I find a crapload of cheap PS2 games.

#5770 RealDeals

RealDeals

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 04:48 PM

Was it still within the 14 day return/price guarantee period? I bought mine for $10 about a month ago and I was wondering if I would still be able to get $5 back.

Is it 14 days? It's been around a month since I bought it. I don't even know, the guy just took my receipt and adjusted it, probably because it was still shrink wrapped :lol:

#5771 preston181

preston181

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 05:17 PM

My local Sears is fail. They are a "B" store, which is apparently code for "don't carry sh!t". No video game stock at all, and extremely limited stock of electronics. Only clearance item they had was an Alluretek eBook reader for $19.99. So, no soup for me I guess.

#5772 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 05:35 PM

Says that netbook is $36 and out of stock at the sears closest to us. Tempting.... Would be good to let the kids have just to visit nickjr and pbskids on.

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#5773 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 07:10 PM

Is clearance prices universal at all sears, does each store have to refresh and sync their computer/register or something for the price to pop up?

I have 2 sears near me and the
PS3 bluetooth head set was clearance at both stores but 1 was for 44.99 (lazy one with no one at the registers or attending store) and the other 19.99 (with actual ppl in it). I could not find anything else.

#5774 newbslice

newbslice

Moose Knuckle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:05 PM

Idk I'm wondering the same thing, the one Sears near me the old controllers they still have listed for 29.99 with the cord and I'm wondering how.long until they drop in price more

#5775 dwmacfar2

dwmacfar2

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:21 PM

Just got back from a Sears today. Red Faction Guerrilla is down to $1.97, picked it up for a buddy. Got Advance Wars: Days of Ruin. It's still $5.97, but I love that series, so well worth the price. Professor Layton : The Diabolical Box was still $24.97, so no price drop there for the month. The Red Faction may be YMMV though, just an fyi. Saw a copy of Forza 2 (NOT 3) for $1.97, which was tempting, but I passed, not my kind of game really. Not sure of any other price drops. (First time poster, long time viewer. If it helps, I was in the Central Maryland area)

#5776 onyzukae

onyzukae

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:25 PM

red faction 1.97 ? was 4.97 this monday... WTH!!

How much DJ hero 2 bundle for PS3?

#5777 JG5253

JG5253

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 09:31 PM

My Sears had an extra 33% on video game clearance. I didn't get it the 33% on Singularity or Socom Confrontation Bundle because I got it on monday

Got for :ps3:

Singularity $4.97
Socom Confrontation $4.97

33% off on :ps3:
Fight Night Round 3
Red Faction Guerrilla
Skate 2
Came out to $3 and change each

Def Jam Rapstar came out to $5 and change

#5778 dwmacfar2

dwmacfar2

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 09:51 PM

red faction 1.97 ? was 4.97 this monday... WTH!!

How much DJ hero 2 bundle for PS3?

Yeah, it was just put down I'd presume. New Augest tag had just been put on.

#5779 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 11:00 PM

Just got back from a Sears today. Red Faction Guerrilla is down to $1.97, picked it up for a buddy. Got Advance Wars: Days of Ruin. It's still $5.97, but I love that series, so well worth the price

Ugh, I'm so jealous. 90% of the games at my Sears are Minute To Win It and Where The Wild Things Are.

#5780 dwmacfar2

dwmacfar2

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 11:04 PM

Ugh, I'm so jealous. 90% of the games at my Sears are Minute To Win It and Where The Wild Things Are.

There are a good 4 or 5 sears in my area, and most have very very little. Lucked out for sure, but from the looks of selling prices on "clearance" stuff, most of it sells before it hits the low prices that people keep finding them out. No Legend of Zelda anywhere (which is what I REALLY want), But I'll take what I can get. Most of our stuff was crap like that as well.

#5781 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 11 August 2011 - 11:17 PM

Says that netbook is $36 and out of stock at the sears closest to us. Tempting.... Would be good to let the kids have just to visit nickjr and pbskids on.

Sometimes when an item is listed as out of stock on that Google Shopping it actually is IN stock but just coming up as OOS for some reason. This has happened with at least 1-2 things in my area so far.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#5782 PurpleJesus74

PurpleJesus74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2011 - 12:37 AM

Just got back from a Sears today. Red Faction Guerrilla is down to $1.97, picked it up for a buddy. Got Advance Wars: Days of Ruin. It's still $5.97, but I love that series, so well worth the price. Professor Layton : The Diabolical Box was still $24.97, so no price drop there for the month. The Red Faction may be YMMV though, just an fyi. Saw a copy of Forza 2 (NOT 3) for $1.97, which was tempting, but I passed, not my kind of game really. Not sure of any other price drops. (First time poster, long time viewer. If it helps, I was in the Central Maryland area)

That is a good deal for Red Faction,i picked it up pretty cheap on ebay.Its a good game,but i prefer Armageddon,been playing the heck outta that one lately.

#5783 MiraiLink

MiraiLink

Posted 12 August 2011 - 01:38 AM

The two Sears in my area never have clearance games that are sub $10. Two copies of Bayonetta 360 in clearance bin, but priced at $24.95. I'm hoping that drop soon. I also saw two Xbox 360 Play and Charge kit for $19.99, but I already have one.

Ended up only getting:

RE-Darkside Chronicles - $9.97

If CAG'er can find a copy of Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, I will buy it from you. Google Shopping says limited stock, but I'm pretty sure my Sears is out of it.

#5784 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 12 August 2011 - 01:48 AM

That is a good deal for Red Faction,i picked it up pretty cheap on ebay.Its a good game,but i prefer Armageddon,been playing the heck outta that one lately.

Red Faction Armageddon seemed very linear from the previews I've seen of it. That's why I preferred RFG, since I could explore and do things my way to complete missions. By comparison RFA seems more like a straight up first person/third person shooter.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#5785 RoundSparrow

RoundSparrow

Posted 12 August 2011 - 01:56 AM

Interesting. I just searched using Google Shopping and one of my local stores is showing it in stock...for $14.97. A digital camera that's actually major name brand....for under $20....hell yeah.;)

Also check for the Samsung ST600 - Google shows one online in Detroit for $55. I got one of these in Orlando when they were down to $70... great camera for the money.

#5786 wugenius

wugenius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2011 - 07:10 AM

Going early tomorrow looking for those controller packs. I need another wireless controller. So yeah, was that bomberman issue solved?

#5787 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2011 - 10:31 AM

There are a good 4 or 5 sears in my area, and most have very very little. Lucked out for sure, but from the looks of selling prices on "clearance" stuff, most of it sells before it hits the low prices that people keep finding them out. No Legend of Zelda anywhere (which is what I REALLY want), But I'll take what I can get. Most of our stuff was crap like that as well.

We actually had a few copies of LoZ until my last visit. I'm pretty sure my Sears (only one here) isn't restocking anything, but if they do (and if I ever go again), I'll keep an eye out for it.

Sometimes when an item is listed as out of stock on that Google Shopping it actually is IN stock but just coming up as OOS for some reason. This has happened with at least 1-2 things in my area so far.

That unfortunately hasn't been my experience. Several games and electronics have been showing as in stock, but they've been out of stock for some time. And half of the things there are showing up as out of stock. The prices are all wrong as well. I'm not really sure where the issue lies, but the confusion has caused several wasted trips. At this point, I think I'll save more money by just buying the games on Amazon because gas prices are ridiculous out here.

#5788 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2011 - 12:34 PM

FYI, the Band Hero bundle for 360 *might* be down to $4.97 at some Sears if you still have it near you. One near me is reporting it was at $4.97

Anyone know if these instruments are compatible with rock band? I'll bite if they are!

#5789 UNC5052

UNC5052

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2011 - 12:46 PM

Anyone know if these instruments are compatible with rock band? I'll bite if they are!

According to this website, they should be compatible.
http://www.rockband.com/compatibility

#5790 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2011 - 01:22 PM

They do indeed work with Rock Band.

Feel free to get me a bundle while you're at it!