Numidian

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 03:19 AM

Thanks a lot! That's very helpful.

#6002 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 29 August 2011 - 03:20 AM

:lol: OK. I just searched for that TV and it's showing another Sears store that's a couple miles from my furthest one. So unless they opened a Sears Express or something, that Google Shopping thing is seriously fucked up now.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#6003 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 03:41 AM

Thanks for the explaining the transfer sale, xDerekRx. I can see why most employees wouldn't understand it without giving them the steps after reading those steps. I have enough trouble getting an item looked up with the UPC number at a register (if the item is supposed to be in stock and not on the sales floor).

When you go to the store that does have the item, do you go to merchandise pickup or go to the electronics department?

#6004 eliter1

eliter1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 04:46 AM

Went to my Sears today but no price drops but they did arrange all of the video games nicely which made it easier to look through. I have been eyeing a Nyko Wiimote with built in motion plus for about 4 months now but it hasn't dropped below $20...

Smash 3DS 5284-1575-8564

#6005 HayGurrlHay

HayGurrlHay

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 06:24 AM

hope September brings us some more good deals. price drops happen this friday, right?

#6006 xDerekRx

xDerekRx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:16 AM

Thanks for the explaining the transfer sale, xDerekRx. I can see why most employees wouldn't understand it without giving them the steps after reading those steps. I have enough trouble getting an item looked up with the UPC number at a register (if the item is supposed to be in stock and not on the sales floor).

When you go to the store that does have the item, do you go to merchandise pickup or go to the electronics department?

Merch pickup. Right after you cash out a transfer sale, the store that has the stock gets a message for the downstairs guys to pull it and put it in the pickup bin.

#6007 missingno81

missingno81

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:46 AM

hope September brings us some more good deals. price drops happen this friday, right?

Is that right? I thought it would be the following week since September starts off pretty much at the end of the week.

#6008 AFeils

AFeils

Posted 29 August 2011 - 11:42 AM

Well in the past I have done the hard drive swap and from everyone is saying those hard drive bundles are worth it. Does anyone have any spare 60gb bundles they would wanna get rid of? Pm me as I don't wanna clutter the thread any.

#6009 Vultureyo

Vultureyo

Posted 29 August 2011 - 02:29 PM

Heres the thing. You need to be confident with the process. Having worked there I know the process to a T. Now that I dont work there anymore, I use it constantly as a customer.

You need to have everything ready. You need the Sears number like 91741 and the dept number like 57 is TVs. Cash the item out at shoes, or clothing or some other cashier. Dont do it at electronics. Most of those guys will lie to their own advantage.

Its hard to explain it since you have to know what your talking about when you approach the employee. But I always goto some girl in shoes. I tell here to start a sale. Then to type division 57 (57 is tvs, 58 is games) then 99999 (whatever the sears item number is). When she presses enter a menu will come out saying 1. Transfer Sale 2.xxx etc. Tell her to do trasnfer sale. Then tell her to select the store the item is in stock at. No matter what they tell you, tell them you already know its in stock and that they dont need to call and check. Then simply cash out.

There is no reason for the employee to stop the transfer sale because they couldnt confirm the stock. You have a right to still have them cash you out. Because if for some reason that store doesnt have any left, you can just get a refund.

Ive done a ton of damage with transfer sales at Sears. Its great on big items esp. And for me personally it works 100% of the time without issue because Im prepared to walk the employee through the process. If you put the process in 90% of employees hands they wont know what to do.

I've worked at Sears in Electronics for years and find this hilarious... If you do this method, you must have alot of time on your hands because it's just not very effecient. Alot of the time clearance counts are not accurate to begin with and most of the time they're even open box with potential to something being wrong with them. So unless your 100% sure it's still new in box this seems retarded and seems like alot of running around with little pay off. Most of sears clearance items aren't that much of a deal unless you find VOM items, which good luck transferring them even close to being accurately in stock most of the time. But hey more power to ya, just seems like it would be a waste of time more than a payoff of something I would call a crazy deal most of the time.

Any person who believes something is in stock should simply ask for a manager of electronics ( not any manager ) because if it is in stock I can guarantee that electronics manager wants to get rid of it if theres clearance items in his dept.

Edited by Vultureyo, 29 August 2011 - 03:15 PM.

#6010 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 03:02 PM

Well in the past I have done the hard drive swap and from everyone is saying those hard drive bundles are worth it. Does anyone have any spare 60gb bundles they would wanna get rid of? Pm me as I don't wanna clutter the thread any.

the bundle is worth it if u want a headset and a 3 month xbox live card. The 60 GB is small, but is a upgrade from a 20GB.
LOL.i just return mines last week. The funny thing is, that store has it priced at $69.97 clearance!

#6011 orangecrush

orangecrush

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 03:17 PM

I've worked at Sears in Electronics for years and find this hilarious... If you do this method, you must have alot of time on your hands because it's just not very effecient. Alot of the time clearance counts are not accurate to begin with and most of the time they're even open box with potential to something being wrong with them. So unless your 100% sure it's still new in box this seems retarded and seems like alot of running around with little pay off. Most of sears clearance items aren't that much of a deal unless you find VOM items, which good luck transferring them even close to being accurately in stock most of the time. But hey more power to ya, just seems like it would be a waste of time more than a payoff of something I would call a crazy deal most of the time.

Any person who believes something is in stock should simply ask for a manager of electronics ( not any manager ) because if it is in stock I can guarantee that electronics manager wants to get rid of it if theres clearance items in his dept.

$100 for a 32" rca hdtv seems worth it.

#6012 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 29 August 2011 - 03:22 PM

$100 for a 32" rca hdtv seems worth it.

That kind of a deal(or the $10 netbooks) seems well worth it to me too.:D:applause:

Posted Image

#6013 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 03:29 PM

So let say store A has it for $100 and store B has it for $300 (TV)

Can i be in store B, and do the store transfer thing and get it for $100 store pickup?

What if the google shop show the $100 price but was like 30 miles away?

Why cant sears match there own store prices?

#6014 Vultureyo

Vultureyo

Posted 29 August 2011 - 03:35 PM

So let say store A has it for $100 and store B has it for $300 (TV)

Can i be in store B, and do the store transfer thing and get it for $100 store pickup?

What if the google shop show the $100 price but was like 30 miles away?

Why cant sears match there own store prices?

No, because regular clearance rings up the same across stores but individualy put clearance items ( mostly open box items etc ) have been put on whats called a 991 table or individual clearance and only ring up in that store, a different store wont even bring up that price or stock but just the regularly stocked sku... so thats why you can't transfer that stuff. if that makes sense. Some of these items show up on the sears site on the sears outlet, just have to look thru individual stores items.

on the other question about google shop, I have never used google shop but no stores won't match eachothers individually priced clearance because one might be open box while the other isn't or been repaired or a defect ( dead pixels etc ) their all indivdual

#6015 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 03:41 PM

No, because regular clearance rings up the same across stores but individualy put clearance items ( mostly open box items etc ) have been put on whats called a 991 table or individual clearance and only ring up in that store, a different store wont even bring up that price or stock but just the regularly stocked sku... so thats why you can't transfer that stuff. if that makes sense. Some of these items show up on the sears site on the sears outlet, just have to look thru individual stores items.

on the other question about google shop, I have never used google shop but no stores won't match eachothers individually priced clearance because one might be open box while the other isn't or been repaired or a defect ( dead pixels etc ) their all indivdual

Thanks. I was just wondering because google shop may show 1 game for $9.97, but the other shows $24.97. Its not open box or anything, but seems like it depends on the location. Just like when using goggle shop to lookup the 60 GB starter kits for xbox 360, many stores show $19.97, but the one store close by showed $69.97. They are new, but for some odd reason two different prices.

#6016 Vultureyo

Vultureyo

Posted 29 August 2011 - 03:53 PM

ya hmmmm dunno, regular clearance should be across the board... If I remember right those xbox hard drives went to VOM ( very old merchandise ) to 19.97 so maybe that store hasn't had their VOM updated yet... not really sure. Though that should happen first of the month now. Since that is not a individually priced item you could have it transfer saled from another store ( if in stock ) or even possibly price match it if they call another store and see what that item number rings up... since it's not a 991, I know I'd match it.

#6017 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 29 August 2011 - 03:59 PM

Thanks. I was just wondering because google shop may show 1 game for $9.97, but the other shows $24.97. Its not open box or anything, but seems like it depends on the location. Just like when using goggle shop to lookup the 60 GB starter kits for xbox 360, many stores show $19.97, but the one store close by showed $69.97. They are new, but for some odd reason two different prices.

It's been like this since SHC-Gamer n crew restarted the clearance cycle drops. Before they came around Sears and Kmart clearance drops were universal across all stores in each chain and you could get the same items from coast to coast for the same damn price.

But now they leave it up to the managers, who would apparently rather have old stock sit on their shelves forever and collect dust at higher prices than clear it out for cheap.

Posted Image

#6018 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 04:07 PM

It's been like this since SHC-Gamer n crew restarted the clearance cycle drops. Before they came around Sears and Kmart clearance drops were universal across all stores in each chain and you could get the same items from coast to coast for the same damn price.

But now they leave it up to the managers, who would apparently rather have old stock sit on their shelves forever and collect dust at higher prices than clear it out for cheap.

As i was looking for a xbox 360 bundle through google shop, The store couldnt find it. Then i asked if they had any ps2 silver consoles (since i remember someone at CAG said $19.97) The got pulls out 2 silvers and a lego batman bundle. One silver came up $99 and the other $19.97. The lego bundle was $29.97. Funny thing is that google shop didnt have these items show up at that store. Wish i can find one more silver or black console for that cheap...

#6019 HayGurrlHay

HayGurrlHay

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:03 PM

Is that right? I thought it would be the following week since September starts off pretty much at the end of the week.

I'm hoping it's this Friday. The last three drops were June 3rd (pg 221), July 8th (pg 235), and August 5 (pg 271). You're right because there wasn't a drop on Fri, July 1st but there WAS one on June 3rd so I'm hoping we see drops Sept 2nd! :bouncy:

#6020 postaboy

postaboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:18 PM

I'm hoping it's this Friday. The last three drops were June 3rd (pg 221), July 8th (pg 235), and August 5 (pg 271). You're right because there wasn't a drop on Fri, July 1st but there WAS one on June 3rd so I'm hoping we see drops Sept 2nd! :bouncy:

yeah me too because i'm leaving to vegas on 9/9 (friday) to 9/11 (sunday). I have yet to pick up a 60gb starter kit for $20 and I know a spot that has several them in-stock (it's located in the tv accessories section, weird) so im crossing fingers it dropped a little bit more.
Lakers for Life!

#6021 xDerekRx

xDerekRx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:22 PM

Im responding to this post and your other post.

I know youve worked there but clearly I know the system slightly better then. There are tons of instances where a clearance price is lower at one store than another. It happens so much more than you think. Ive done over 100 transfer sales.

And its not much work at all and its completely worth it. For example if I know Sears A has netbooks in their system at 9.97 but they are OOS but Sears B has them in stock at 99.97. I will all day buy them at Sears A via transfer sale and pick them up at Sears B.

How is this not efficient? Im saving 90$. This happens alot more than you think.

991 stuff is a totally different story. Im not talking about these items.

Ive had stores where Metroid Triology last year was 14.97 and sold out everywhere. Although 1 sears still had them ring up at full price 59.97. They had 2 in stock. I cashed them both out for 14.97 at one store and drove 20 minutes and picked them up at another store. Once again totally worth it.

Again this isnt super common but in these instances its completely worth the time to do a transfer sale. Im not refering to open box 991 items just simple clearance markdowns. They are certainly not the same across the board at all stores. Usually 1 out of 5 stores will get unlucky and not have the markdown and thats the store to pounce on.

The customer above just gave a PERFECT example. The RCA TV. He did the research and with a transfer sale will save a ton of money.

#6022 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:29 PM

yeah me too because i'm leaving to vegas on 9/9 (friday) to 9/11 (sunday). I have yet to pick up a 60gb starter kit for $20 and I know a spot that has several them in-stock (it's located in the tv accessories section, weird) so im crossing fingers it dropped a little bit more.

Oh, the one in Henderson, NV?

I was there yesterday and they had 2 of those 60gb starter kits left. Please only purchase one if it drops though. I have a few CAGs in my area, and we're all pretty civil about not hoarding and whatnot.

Yes! I am in a signature! :applause:

#6023 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:30 PM

Im responding to this post and your other post.

I know youve worked there but clearly I know the system slightly better then. There are tons of instances where a clearance price is lower at one store than another. It happens so much more than you think. Ive done over 100 transfer sales.

And its not much work at all and its completely worth it. For example if I know Sears A has netbooks in their system at 9.97 but they are OOS but Sears B has them in stock at 99.97. I will all day buy them at Sears A via transfer sale and pick them up at Sears B.

How is this not efficient? Im saving 90$. This happens alot more than you think.

991 stuff is a totally different story. Im not talking about these items.

Ive had stores where Metroid Triology last year was 14.97 and sold out everywhere. Although 1 sears still had them ring up at full price 59.97. They had 2 in stock. I cashed them both out for 14.97 at one store and drove 20 minutes and picked them up at another store. Once again totally worth it.

Again this isnt super common but in these instances its completely worth the time to do a transfer sale. Im not refering to open box 991 items just simple clearance markdowns. They are certainly not the same across the board at all stores. Usually 1 out of 5 stores will get unlucky and not have the markdown and thats the store to pounce on.

The customer above just gave a PERFECT example. The RCA TV. He did the research and with a transfer sale will save a ton of money.

But my question is, can u do the transfer at store B? What if store A was like 50 miles? Do u have to go to Store A (waste gas), do the transfer at store A, then head over to store B for pickup?

#6024 Devil May Cry

Devil May Cry

Witty remark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:37 PM

Anybody still have one of those dirt cheap netbooks? Looking to get my mom one, she really dislikes having to use a desktop.

ZuREZ44.jpg

I pay $20 a month for my phone bill. Sign up through me and we both get $25 off our bills! That's a free month! PM me for more info if you're curious.

Wanna try League of Legends? Try it out here!: http://bit.ly/1uEevsK

#6025 postaboy

postaboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:12 PM

Oh, the one in Henderson, NV?

I was there yesterday and they had 2 of those 60gb starter kits left. Please only purchase one if it drops though. I have a few CAGs in my area, and we're all pretty civil about not hoarding and whatnot.

Dude, don't worry. i am from los angeles and i am not planning to hit up sears while in vegas.
Lakers for Life!

#6026 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:19 PM

Oh, no. Sorry, I didn't mean it like that. I just mean please don't go sweeping it clean xD.

That one still has 99cent PSP games. It's kinda sad how poor the traffic is.

Yes! I am in a signature! :applause:

#6027 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2011 - 04:10 AM

But my question is, can u do the transfer at store B? What if store A was like 50 miles? Do u have to go to Store A (waste gas), do the transfer at store A, then head over to store B for pickup?

Sounds like you have to make the purchase at the store with the lower price and then drive to the store with the higher price and item in stock and pick it up at merchandise pickup.
Posted Image
Waiting for: WRC 2010 and WRC 2 and WRC 3:cry:
Now playing:
:360: Forza Horizon, Halo Series
:wii: Collecting Dust
:ps3: Collecting Dust
:pc: Diablo 3, Walking Dead
When I'm not watching Grimm and Firefly on Hulu.

#6028 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2011 - 04:19 AM

Sounds like you have to make the purchase at the store with the lower price and then drive to the store with the higher price and item in stock and pick it up at merchandise pickup.

Wish it was easier. That be a pain and waste of gas.

#6029 xDerekRx

xDerekRx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2011 - 04:23 AM

Yes thats what you have to do. Its a pain but to be fair its not a trick made for us :) We just use it.

Although luckily in my area I have 5 sears within 30 min drive total

#6030 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 30 August 2011 - 04:35 AM

FINALLY, one of the 'missing' copies of :ps3:Little Big Planet showed back up at the one further Sears yesterday. It came up as $9.97, so I picked it up. Now I have a physical version of the game again as opposed to the files from the WB program from Sony.

Posted Image