Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

• Please log in to reply
9895 replies to this topic

#7111 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:14 PM

Hmm...missed out on the PSPgo in my area. Maybe I'll get a DSi XL.

Is the DSi XL pixels as bad as people claim?

I want a screen bigger than the DS lite. Wondering if I should just put that money towards a 3DS?

Missed out on the GO? That's probably because cheapest gamer probably drove around every state on the east coast to buy the stock from every Sears.

Never used an XL, I still have an original DS phat to date. I did buy a few PSPs though, launch day 1000, Assassin's Creed LE 3000, and now a Vita.

Not fond of the 3DS at all, I passed.

#7112 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:39 PM

Or maybe Google shopping updated the Sunday after the price drop? I really don't remember but I THOUGHT the update happened on the Saturday. Either way, I'm not going to Sears until I know there's some good prices for stuff I want.

#7113 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:44 PM

Missed out on the GO? That's probably because cheapest gamer probably drove around every state on the east coast to buy the stock from every Sears.

Never used an XL, I still have an original DS phat to date. I did buy a few PSPs though, launch day 1000, Assassin's Creed LE 3000, and now a Vita.

Yep. That's right. I went all over the Tri-State area buying up as many as I could just to deny anyone else from getting them. You got me.:roll:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#7114 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:07 PM

It hasn't updated on google shopping but the Sony alpha nex3 dslr dropped to 187.97 today (at my closest store). Got the last one and I couldn't be happier. :)

#7115 czissis

czissis

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:11 PM

I want a screen bigger than the DS lite. Wondering if I should just put that money towards a 3DS?

I had a XL a while back. Everything is a little more pixelated because of the larger screens. However I found the size of handheld to be more comfortable than both the Lite and DSi. I'd pick up another XL in a heartbeat if I could find one cheap, but the normal price right now is just far too much for a 'last-gen' handheld.

#7116 robodaddyo

robodaddyo

is not a scumbag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:19 PM

Someone's pretty butt hurt. How old are you?

And the bulk of this part was relative to the question how? Sounds like you're turning into IATCG with your journal posts. There's a blog section for that, you know. :lol:

As to the person that asked a question, I've seen the DSi XL and it's a welcomed addition if you have larger hands. I have a DS Lite and don't use it because I get cramps because it isn't comfortable to hold, and use, at all. I'd recommend it over the 3DS and I didn't have a problem with the screen. It's not as great as a Vita screen but that's apples to oranges.

"...I normally open every game I buy anymore...", "...since I ONLY usually...", "...because it's wasn't fun...", "Pretty much sure it does...", "Works always gets in...", "...I acually spelled the my user...", "this will help let more people see it as this more people see...", "You very probably won't...", "...wouldnt have good sales less often due to less competition."

Please, stop butchering the English language. These are horrible.

#7117 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:28 PM

It hasn't updated on google shopping but the Sony alpha nex3 dslr dropped to 187.97 today (at my closest store). Got the last one and I couldn't be happier. :)

I have a couple of Google shopping pages up that I refresh now and then to see if the price of one of the products changes. Nothing yet.

#7118 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:47 PM

Google shopping update is out. Some decent prices but nothing I want is low enough to get me off my ass and over to Sears.

Xbox 360:
Dragon Age 2 is 17.97.
Gears of War 2 GOTY Edition - 16.97
Bioshock 2 - 12.97
Toy Story 3 - 14.97
Fallout NV - 14.97
Army of Two : 40th Day - 12.97
Tony Hawk : Shred - 17.97
Saint's Row (first one) - 16.97
Kinect JoyRide - 14.97
Game Party : In Motion (Kinect Game) - 15.97
Kinectimals (original version) - 24.97
Dance Central - 19.97

PS3:
Tony Hawk : Ride - 2.97
Tony Hawk : Shred - 2.97
Def Jam Rapstar - 2.97
MGS4 - 12.97
Mass Effect 2 - 14.97
EyePet 12.97
Move Game Controller Charging Stand - 14.97
EA Active 2 - 12.97
Dante's Inferno: Divine Edition - 12.97
De Blob 2 - 17.97
Dragon Age 2 - 17.97
Lego Indiana Jones 2 - 12.97
Medal of Honor : Limited Edition - 14.97
Band Hero (Software Only) - 7.97
Saint's Row 2 - 14.97
The Fight : Lights Out (move game) - 17.97
The Shoot (move game) - 17.97
Move Hero's (move game) -17.97

Wii:
Tony Hawk : Shred - 7.97
Final Fantasy : Crystal Chronicles - 12.97
Bakugan : Defenders of the core - 12.97
EA Sports Active 2 - 12.97
Wii Play Bundle - 39.97
Wii Play Motion Bundle - 39.97
Punch Out (nintendo selects version) - 14.97
Mario Super Sluggers - 14.97
Elmo's A to Zoo - 12.97 (some stores listed this as 17.97)
Band hero (software only) - 7.97
Iron Man 2 - 7.97
Sonic Colors - 17.97

Nintendo DS:
Lego Battles - .97
Layton Diabolical Box - 2.97
Jonas - 2.97 (LOL)
Scene it : Twilight - 7.97
Picross 3D - 14.97
Bejeweled Twist - 7.97
Imagine : Resort Owner - 7.97
Cake Mania 3 - 7.97
Brain Age 2 - 7.97
Tron Evolution - 7.97
Puzzler Colleciton - 1.97
Stitch Jam - 2.97
Margot's Word Brain - 2.97
Hannah Montana : The Movie - 7.97
GTA China Town - 7.97
WWE vs Raw 2010 - 7.97
Family Feud : 2010 Edition - 7.97
Ass Creed 2 : Discovery - 7.97
Left Brain Right Brain 2 - 7.97
Paws and clase dogs and cats best friends - 7.97

PSP:
MotorStorm : Arctic Edge - 2.97
Dead Head Fred - 4.97
Resistance : Retribution - 12.97
God of War : Chains of Olympus - 12.97

Misc:
Sony Handycam DCR - SX65 Camcorder - 193.97
LG 220C Cellular TracFone - 11.97
Asus Eee PC 1015PE Netbook with Intel Atom N450 processor and 10.1" screen - 162.97
Novel 7" Color Multimedia Android Tablet + Wifi Ereader - 49.97

Edited by Blaster man, 07 April 2012 - 10:18 PM.

#7119 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:52 PM

Very interesting. There's one of those tablets at the one store by me.;) Maybe I'll grab one of those if they last another drop.:D

I have one to add to that list. A plain old Wii system w/ no pack-in game is coming up $89.97 around here according to Google Shopping. It's OOS, of course.:roll:

http://www.google.co...ed=0CM0BEPMCMAQ

The Sports Resort Pack Wii is also on clearance:

http://www.google.co...ed=0CPEBEPMCMAc

Posted Image

#7120 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:05 AM

Very interesting. There's one of those tablets at the one store by me.;) Maybe I'll grab one of those if they last another drop.:D

I have one to add to that list. A plain old Wii system w/ no pack-in game is coming up $89.97 around here according to Google Shopping. It's OOS, of course.:roll:

http://www.google.co...ed=0CM0BEPMCMAQ

The Sports Resort Pack Wii is also on clearance:

http://www.google.co...ed=0CPEBEPMCMAc

I agree about that tablet. If it drops again it might be really tempting though I'm sure it's probably complete garbage to use.

edit:
Amazon customer reviews for the tablet are pretty bad so I definitely would NOT buy it for 50.
http://www.amazon.co...howViewpoints=1

LOL according to one of the reviews it runs Android 1.5. SO be prepared to root it and install a newer version (assuming it has the power to run Honeycomb).

#7121 RealDeals

RealDeals

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:16 AM

In the games I've played on, the bigger screen size actually accentuates pixels and makes reading text much easier. The added brightness is also welcome. I imagine it might make some full 3D environment games blurry.

#7122 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:34 AM

IMO there's no point in spending that much (even the $15x.xx clearance price) on a DSi XL. Either get a $50 Cobalt DS Lite and save over $100 or spend a tad more and get the 3DS.

I actually do have a Cobalt DS Lite. How much bigger is the 3DS screen compared to the Lite? (I'll google it later)

vita

No TV out or Dualshock 3 support like the PSPgo is what's stopping me from getting a Vita right now, besides not having that amount of cash at hand.

Doesn't bother me as much now since I can bite my lip and buy one for $100 from Gamestop. If I really wanted that PSPgo. Not too fond of the 3D part of the 3DS either.

I had a XL a while back. Everything is a little more pixelated because of the larger screens. However I found the size of handheld to be more comfortable than both the Lite and DSi. I'd pick up another XL in a heartbeat if I could find one cheap, but the normal price right now is just far too much for a 'last-gen' handheld.

I heard about that pixelated part. I enjoy my DS games on my DS, but would like a larger screen. Wish there was a TV out function for the DS. I mean, use the DS itself as a controller. With the television screens divided into the two screens. I can't find myself paying normal price for a DSiXL when I do have a DS Lite.

#7123 tbird05

tbird05

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:43 AM

Can someone help me find this DS system...I can't find anything thing on it. It was a purple DS (not sure which version, it looked old) bundle pack that came with 2 games I think. I'm trying to find it on google shopping but I can't even find any info on it anywhere.

I saw it at a Sears store and the price was still pretty high. It's driving me crazy...I feel like it was just my imagination.

edit: the price tag called it "Adventure bundle"

#7124 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:50 AM

Google shopping shows 250gb 360s entering the clearance cycle. First drop is meh at 289.97 but this bares watching.

#7125 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:29 AM

Jonas ds for $2.97 isn't bad as BBY gives $4 or so prior to bonuses.

#7126 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:56 AM

Jonas ds for $2.97 isn't bad as BBY gives $4 or so prior to bonuses.

I'd rather wait till it drops more before considering that since for me. Gas is so expensive right now, I'm sure I'd use at least a quarter gallon getting to Sears then driving to Best Buy in traffic then back home. Unless you're talking about online?

#7127 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:22 PM

I'd rather wait till it drops more before considering that since for me. Gas is so expensive right now, I'm sure I'd use at least a quarter gallon getting to Sears then driving to Best Buy in traffic then back home. Unless you're talking about online?

Luckily for me my closest Sears and Best Buy are within about a half mile of each other. We also have a TRU within a half mile of the Sears store. So it's nice to have so many stores grouped so close together.

Posted Image

#7128 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:37 AM

Saw that the PSP core system has hit clearance. $120. :roll:
Bah weep granah weep nini bong.

And now I present Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy:

Spoiler

#7129 S0DA POPINSKI

S0DA POPINSKI

Cagasaurus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:10 AM

Picked up Forza Motorsport 4 for $24.97 today. Thought it was pretty solid, though it was the last one. Also saw:

:360: Vanquish $12.97
:360: Bioshock 2 $12.97
:360: Metalica GH $4.97

:wii: Twilight Princes $16.97

There was a few others, nothing to write home about. Forza was the main thing.

#7130 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:16 PM

Picked up Forza Motorsport 4 for $24.97 today. Thought it was pretty solid, though it was the last one. Also saw:

:360: Vanquish $12.97
:360: Bioshock 2 $12.97
:360: Metalica GH $4.97

:wii: Twilight Princes $16.97

There was a few others, nothing to write home about. Forza was the main thing.

Damn. I just scanned Forza 4 here last night, and it was $46.97 (no yellow sticker and still locked in the case). NHL 12 is still $39.97 and had a March sticker.

Saw several of those Kinect tripod(?) stands in the wire bin this month, too, but forgot to check the price.

Scanned a 250gb HDD (not the slim model) that suddenly appeared in the case, but it's still $100.

The DS game case was practically empty.

Edited by shieryda, 10 April 2012 - 02:46 PM.

#7131 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:44 PM

I heard about that pixelated part. I enjoy my DS games on my DS, but would like a larger screen. Wish there was a TV out function for the DS. I mean, use the DS itself as a controller. With the television screens divided into the two screens. I can't find myself paying normal price for a DSiXL when I do have a DS Lite.

That's the thing it's just not worth it when for a little more you can get a 3DS. Even if you don't care about the 3D part, you're almost getting that for "free" anyway. Think of the extra money above the DSi XL as money for more processing power. I rarely used the 3D back when I had one since it ate up battery life and strained my eyes after a while.

Point being, if you get a 3DS at least you'll be able to buy 3DS games as well...but the DSi XL really isn't wroth it unless you NEED a bigger screen.

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#7132 ImperialPie

ImperialPie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:51 AM

If you are planning to buy any tablet but the Toshiba at Sears, I would save your money they aren't even worth 20 bucks. We get returns on pretty much everything including the Sylvania tablet (the worst).

Also the DSi XL is not worth it for the price yet. You might as well buy a 3DS. I'm sure after 2 or 3 drops it will be worth it.

#7133 ImperialPie

ImperialPie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:55 AM

Damn. I just scanned Forza 4 here last night, and it was $46.97 (no yellow sticker and still locked in the case). NHL 12 is still $39.97 and had a March sticker.

Saw several of those Kinect tripod(?) stands in the wire bin this month, too, but forgot to check the price.

Scanned a 250gb HDD (not the slim model) that suddenly appeared in the case, but it's still $100.

The DS game case was practically empty.

The regular 250 gb HDD is strangely not on clearance.

#7134 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:58 AM

Apparently the one local CAG by me was right and they did a 75% extra off clearance sale starting over the weekend. There was squat left that was decent. I didn't even see the black PSPGo that they had at my local store still as of last month. I woulda snapped that bitch up for $25 if it qualified for the additional percentage off.

Even those silver packaged slim PStwos were actually gone and those were buried in the case for a long, long time.:roll: What I find funniest is that the game cases are mostly overflowing with the Skylanders sets and other larger shit now. There's very few games left in either case(PS3/360 or Wii/DS/DSL/DSi/etc etc).

As it stands, I may go back for these 'used' recliners they had in front of one of the display tv's. They look like they're in decent shape still and not very used. But I'm probably gonna use half a can of Lysol on each.:razz:

Posted Image

#7135 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:03 AM

3DS does netflix. Kinda nice at times.
...and my dogs

LOOSE LIPS SINK (FL)IPS

#7136 ImperialPie

ImperialPie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:08 AM

Apparently the one local CAG by me was right and they did a 75% extra off clearance sale starting over the weekend. There was squat left that was decent. I didn't even see the black PSPGo that they had at my local store still as of last month. I woulda snapped that bitch up for $25 if it qualified for the additional percentage off.

Even those silver packaged slim PStwos were actually gone and those were buried in the case for a long, long time.:roll: What I find funniest is that the game cases are mostly overflowing with the Skylanders sets and other larger shit now. There's very few games left in either case(PS3/360 or Wii/DS/DSL/DSi/etc etc).

As it stands, I may go back for these 'used' recliners they had in front of one of the display tv's. They look like they're in decent shape still and not very used. But I'm probably gonna use half a can of Lysol on each.:razz:

Don't forget the black light. You never know...

#7137 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:11 AM

Oh I know.:puke: But I'm trying not to think of that.:-&

Posted Image

#7138 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:58 AM

Got a $10 off $30 coupon from them for my b-day... Guess I need to make a trip over there and start scanning stuff, it says it's valid on regular and sale priced items so clearance stuff should qualify too. Just can't use it on gaming hardware so should be good for games.

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#7139 NintendoCleveland

NintendoCleveland

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:11 AM

I went to the Sears in Solon about an hour ago, and the guy in electronics said that they never got a second shipment of Forza 4 after it sold out the first time around. However, I did pick up an Xbox Live 4000 points card for $40, as it was one of the old blister packs.

#7140 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:13 AM

If you are planning to buy any tablet but the Toshiba at Sears, I would save your money they aren't even worth 20 bucks. We get returns on pretty much everything including the Sylvania tablet (the worst).

Also the DSi XL is not worth it for the price yet. You might as well buy a 3DS. I'm sure after 2 or 3 drops it will be worth it.

Still debating this. I have a DS Lite and a fairly large backlog of DS games. Hoping for a DS player in the future with the Wii U.

Got a $10 off $30 coupon from them for my b-day... Guess I need to make a trip over there and start scanning stuff, it says it's valid on regular and sale priced items so clearance stuff should qualify too. Just can't use it on gaming hardware so should be good for games.

Cool, I didn't know you get coupons for your birthday from Sears. I'm going to check mine soon. I take it this is because you're a Shop Rewards Member and have an email address associated with your membership?
Edit: Mine says "$10 off $30 online only." Wish it was in-store.

Edited by anotherpoorgamer, 13 April 2012 - 07:28 AM.