Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

• Please log in to reply
9877 replies to this topic

#7231 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:34 PM

So what the hell you been up to? You disappeared for a while. Hiding out from the flippin' mafia?

Do you own a Vita? Have you scoured the areas Sears for drops?

#7232 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:39 PM

Nice price on Forza 4, Nintendo. My store is a month or two behind, it seems.

#7233 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:42 PM

I think by "flippin'" he means fuckin', not game flippin'.

Well, you never know. I guess there could be a game flippin' mafia.
Bah weep granah weep nini bong.

And now I present Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy:

Spoiler

#7234 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:09 PM

Nah, just fed up with some stuff.

Oh, one more note about Sears: three different stores in NEOH have the Guitar Hero 2 Bundle for the 360 for the amazing price of $89.99... and have had it that way since release...

Me too. I almost went lurker a couple of times on here lately since you gotta watch your p's and q's around here anymore. Stuff that's innocuous gets deleted because someone has a hissy fit and reports it to the mods as 'omg off topic' or whatever.

Do you own a Vita? Have you scoured the areas Sears for drops?

Nah. I'll probably wait till those hit clearance whenever and buy one then. It looks like a nice system, but not nice enough for $200+ for me. As it stands, I have to find someplace with reliable wifi(since my connection sucks:-#) to update the one PSPGo I opened up and to attempt downloading some of those free games Sony gave us for the PSN hacking to play on it.

It's a nice lil system and contrary to what the employees told me at Sears everything inside the system I did crack open was still factory sealed.

I think by "flippin'" he means fuckin', not game flippin'.

Well, you never know. I guess there could be a game flippin' mafia.

It was in reference to the last flipping social group that I was in on here with dabamus. Many of the CAG members in that group completely stopped posting on here and would get on your ass if you even half hinted at a potential flip anywhere on the site. I remember when the Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen DS games were $10 at BB and I let it slip on the BB trade thread that they traded right back in for $25-26 or something.

I got so much flak for that, which now that I think about it was kinda warranted, since very few other people had figured out that flip till I mentioned it.:-#

Soon after that I was ousted from the group, since I refused to stop trying to be somewhat social on CAG in comparison to the other members of that group.

Edited by IAmTheCheapestGamer, 27 April 2012 - 11:20 PM.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#7235 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:51 PM

Nah. I'll probably wait till those hit clearance whenever and buy one then. It looks like a nice system, but not nice enough for $200+ for me.

Definitely wait. I caved and got one because my GS credit was burning a hole in my pocket and I knew it would be a relatively guilt-free purchase, but the thing is just sitting there. Memory cards are outrageous, so I'm not even going to consider upgrading mine until I can get a Chinese knockoff. And despite how excited everyone got about Vita's launch games, most of them aren't very good. There's some playability, yes, but it's going to be a while before any must-have games are available in the US. Which is a shame because the Vita itself is rather impressive.

#7236 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:57 PM

It was in reference to the last flipping social group that I was in on here with dabamus. Many of the CAG members in that group completely stopped posting on here and would get on your ass if you even half hinted at a potential flip anywhere on the site. I remember when the Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen DS games were $10 at BB and I let it slip on the BB trade thread that they traded right back in for $25-26 or something.

I got so much flak for that, which now that I think about it was kinda warranted, since very few other people had figured out that flip till I mentioned it.:-#

Soon after that I was ousted from the group, since I refused to stop trying to be somewhat social on CAG in comparison to the other members of that group.

So there is a game flippin' mafia! The mafia moves in silence, so don't be suprised that they turned on you. Just be glad that they let you keep your thumbs!

Although I don't flip myself, I recognize it as part of the hobby. Who am I to judge others on their dealings?
Bah weep granah weep nini bong.

And now I present Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy:

Spoiler

#7237 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:31 AM

Definitely wait. I caved and got one because my GS credit was burning a hole in my pocket and I knew it would be a relatively guilt-free purchase, but the thing is just sitting there. Memory cards are outrageous, so I'm not even going to consider upgrading mine until I can get a Chinese knockoff. And despite how excited everyone got about Vita's launch games, most of them aren't very good. There's some playability, yes, but it's going to be a while before any must-have games are available in the US. Which is a shame because the Vita itself is rather impressive.

I almost bought one of the launch bundles that BB had soon after launch, since at that point I had around $500-600 in credit there. But I held off and I'm glad I did. Hopefully the drops at Sears will be sizable and I can snag one on clearance sooner than later.

So there is a game flippin' mafia! The mafia moves in silence, so don't be suprised that they turned on you. Just be glad that they let you keep your thumbs!

Although I don't flip myself, I recognize it as part of the hobby. Who am I to judge others on their dealings?

I wish everybody on here shared that same mentality of not judging others. But yeah, I got to keep my thumbs thankfully.

Posted Image

#7238 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:47 AM

Picked up a Nyko Chargestation Quad (PS3) for $2.97 at the Moorestown, NJ store (one left, albeit opened). Also had Kinect sensor TV stands for $4.97. Price tags were handwritten.

Was it this Nyko charge station for move controllers?
http://www.amazon.co...3/dp/B003RDEV8E

If so, that's really amazing! I had to pay close to $10 (new & still sealed) last week at my local Sears.

#7239 vze21gwa

vze21gwa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:50 PM

Is $99.99 a good price for a 250gb original xbox 360 hdd?

#7240 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:12 PM

Is $99.99 a good price for a 250gb original xbox 360 hdd?

Personally I think it's a terrible price. It's full price isn't it? Last Black Friday you were able to buy a new 250GB slim CONSOLE for 199.99 with some games included. The HDD alone for 250 is IMO a terrible deal. Just wait until the XBox slim goes on sale again. I think New Egg had that holiday bundle on sale earlier this month for $250.

#7241 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:25 PM

It's a Pandigital Novel 7" tablet. I couldn't find a listing for it on Google Shopping though.

That tab does NOT look good. According to a little net research, the black one (the one at Sears?) runs Android 1.5 and the superior white one runs 2.0. Hacks are in progress to root them, however, despite being required to release open source OS, Pandigital has so far refused which is obviously slowing down the process on a less than stellar device. If it drops to $30 I may get one and wait and hope for a successful root and it could be a cheap source of entertainment for the littles ones, but I have my doubts. 1.5 can't even run angry birds. What games will even work on 1.5?
Posted Image
Waiting for: WRC 2010 and WRC 2 and WRC 3:cry:
Now playing:
:360: Forza Horizon, Halo Series
:wii: Collecting Dust
:ps3: Collecting Dust
:pc: Diablo 3, Walking Dead
When I'm not watching Grimm and Firefly on Hulu.

#7242 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:39 PM

My store just so happened to put the xbox 360 slim hard drive on the 991 table while I was gone. I came in last night and found it marked down to $55. Can't go wrong there!
Posted Image

#7243 vze21gwa

vze21gwa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:15 PM

Personally I think it's a terrible price. It's full price isn't it? Last Black Friday you were able to buy a new 250GB slim CONSOLE for 199.99 with some games included. The HDD alone for 250 is IMO a terrible deal. Just wait until the XBox slim goes on sale again. I think New Egg had that holiday bundle on sale earlier this month for $250.

Actually it was $129.99 and now it rings at $99.99. So I guess it's at full price. I thought it would be on clearance since it's the original one and all. I thought of getting the generic ones but i don't know if they will work as well or get me banned from Xbox live.

#7244 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:29 PM

That tab does NOT look good. According to a little net research, the black one (the one at Sears?) runs Android 1.5 and the superior white one runs 2.0. Hacks are in progress to root them, however, despite being required to release open source OS, Pandigital has so far refused which is obviously slowing down the process on a less than stellar device. If it drops to $30 I may get one and wait and hope for a successful root and it could be a cheap source of entertainment for the littles ones, but I have my doubts. 1.5 can't even run angry birds. What games will even work on 1.5?

I'd only want it for surfing the web while I'm out of town for work really, so for $30 or so I'd take a chance on it.

I snagged two of the HP Touchpads when they went fire sale at BB(one online, one in store) and everywhere I went I read about how people were gonna tweak this and max out that. I just wanted one to Fuck around with as-is.:booty:

Not everybody wants a top of the line, fastest ever, does everything PC.:razz: Case in point: My Dell Dimension desktop I have from 2005 or 2006 or so. Most people would say it's an 'antique'. To me ,as long as this 'antique' can surf the internet and do so w/o crashing every nanosecond I'm fine with it.

Posted Image

#7245 deadtrees

deadtrees

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:14 PM

Was it this Nyko charge station for move controllers?
http://www.amazon.co...3/dp/B003RDEV8E

Yep, that's the one. But if you liked that price...
Spoiler

(taken at the Burlington, NJ store earlier this week)

#7246 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:20 PM

Spoiler

:shock: Shiiiiiiiiit. How come we can't have awesome blowout deals like that around here at our Sears stores.:bomb: I likely would've grabbed everything for laughs.:)

Posted Image

#7247 seether254

seether254

For the Hive

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:32 PM

:shock: Shiiiiiiiiit. How come we can't have awesome blowout deals like that around here at our Sears stores.:bomb: I likely would've grabbed everything for laughs.:)

my thoughts exactly!
PSN: Archangel-254

Xbox: SunGod254

#7248 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:01 PM

Spoiler

I so would become a flipper if I ever encountered a deal that good.

I'd get that PSP go headset, even though I don't have a PSP go. I spy a DSi XL pouch/carrying case with mushroom logo.

I also spy a Nyko charge station. (How are these?)

I can't tell if that is a PSP go travel case in the middle.

#7249 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:28 PM

And I'd be sure to follow up chastising you...

;)

#7250 Agent Orange

Agent Orange

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:46 PM

My Sears used to have pretty much all the clearance deals, and I actually used to pass on quite a few deals for only the very best ones (Hot Shot's Golf PS3 for $.97, A Boy and His Blob Wii $1.97, Bioshock PS3 $2.97, etc).

I used to laugh at all the 2-3 year old sports games they had lined up in the clearance bins.

Well I would KILL for some of those deals now. I went to my sears last week and they didn't have a single PS3 game in clearance, and really they just had a very few NDS, PS2, and 360 games. What's worse is they were barely marked down at all, even though some had clearly been there for 5 years. Clearance isn't going to get any better because this store barely even has any NEW game inventory. So there will be nothing to clearance out. Looks like this store got burned on games inventory markdowns, and now is going completely the other way and not even stocking games at all.

#7251 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:12 PM

That charging station is probably worth it for $10 but they are still like $20 over here, but I will have to check the prices with the scanner next time I go. Though I have a feeling these will be sitting around for a while. There are also PS3 accessories on sale at Kmart but the prices don't seem that good yet. It seems worth it especially since it comes with an AC Adapter, I just wish it had a port to charge the regular PS3 controller. There are quite a few PSP, DS, 3DS and PS3 accessories on clearance around here. Even the new sony remote is down to 19.97.

#7252 sotc1988

sotc1988

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:06 AM

Just wanted to stop by and say thanks for people posting stuff. Went down to Sears and picked up the LAST copy of PS3 Vanquish for $13. This game is excellent and I love the price I got it for. THANK YOU!

#7253 htz

htz

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:10 AM

Just wanted to stop by and say thanks for people posting stuff. Went down to Sears and picked up the LAST copy of PS3 Vanquish for $13. This game is excellent and I love the price I got it for. THANK YOU!

Newegg also has it but for $14.99 and free shipping.

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16879257074

#7254 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:15 AM

Newegg also has it but for $14.99 and free shipping.

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16879257074

This. And if newegg does not charge tax in your area, it might even come out a little cheaper from cashback programs8-)

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#7255 FatherChesz

FatherChesz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:07 AM

I hit up a Sears in VA earlier, and the entire game department was clearanced, except for the newest and highest profile release games. I'd really like to see SoulSilver/HeartGold drop to the ~15 range so I could get another Pokewalker. Lost mine a long time ago.

#7256 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:35 AM

My Sears used to have pretty much all the clearance deals, and I actually used to pass on quite a few deals for only the very best ones (Hot Shot's Golf PS3 for $.97, A Boy and His Blob Wii $1.97, Bioshock PS3 $2.97, etc).

I used to laugh at all the 2-3 year old sports games they had lined up in the clearance bins.

Well I would KILL for some of those deals now. I went to my sears last week and they didn't have a single PS3 game in clearance, and really they just had a very few NDS, PS2, and 360 games. What's worse is they were barely marked down at all, even though some had clearly been there for 5 years. Clearance isn't going to get any better because this store barely even has any NEW game inventory. So there will be nothing to clearance out. Looks like this store got burned on games inventory markdowns, and now is going completely the other way and not even stocking games at all.

That sounds like around here, except that one of the local game store owners found out about clearance at Sears and has cleared them out at least 1-2x so far including a recent time when they marked everything in a select bin down an additional 75% off.:bomb:

But yeah, I used to cherry pick the Kmart and Sears stores around here. Anymore I'm happy enough to just find a halfway decent deal to be able to grab.:-# My local store seems to also be slowing down on stocking newer stuff too. Not to mention they have Skylanders sets taking up 60% of the PS3 game case and the lower half of the case is stuffed with PS3's and bundled PS3's.

Posted Image

#7257 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:55 AM

Picked up 2 x psp travelling cases for $3.97 each and some component cables for the PS3 also price the same! Saw the quad controller charging station for the PS move, but the sticker seal was opened and didnt want to risk it.

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Dragon Fantasy book 2, :3ds: Link's Awakening, :360: DDP SDOJ, :ps3: Rocksmith 2014, :ps4: Dynasty Warriors 8

#7258 jupiterjones

jupiterjones

WHAT THE CUSS!?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:14 PM

No word on the May 3 drop list yet? Just passing thru then.....

Jupiter_Jones.png

Check out my blog on music, gaming, wrestling, movies etc etc. It doesn't totally suck!

http://abloggymess.com/

#7259 msriflegirl

msriflegirl

All your base...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:23 PM

I hit up a Sears in VA earlier, and the entire game department was clearanced, except for the newest and highest profile release games. I'd really like to see SoulSilver/HeartGold drop to the ~15 range so I could get another Pokewalker. Lost mine a long time ago.

Which location did you visit?
Posted Image

#7260 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:34 PM

My store planogram was supposed to roll out a month ago with about two dozen titles. We were supposed to get stuff like Kingdom of Amalur, R&C: All 4 One, and a bunch of others. Instead, all we've received is Mass Effect 3 and have a ton of empty space on our shelves.
Posted Image