Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

• Please log in to reply
9885 replies to this topic

#7471 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:50 PM

I feel sad :(, the best Sear's in our area for clearance stuff just randomly closed out of the blue.

Closest other Sear's seems to have completely gotten rid of their clearance stuff, all they had was a bunch of newer games in an iron basket thingie that appeared to be all near MSRP
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7472 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:06 PM

I feel sad :(, the best Sear's in our area for clearance stuff just randomly closed out of the blue.

Closest other Sear's seems to have completely gotten rid of their clearance stuff, all they had was a bunch of newer games in an iron basket thingie that appeared to be all near MSRP

Over here, they closed a few Sears, and concerted two of them to Kmarts.

#7473 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:07 PM

some liquidation discounts may be on the horizon...one can only hope :pray:

Have you been to a liquidation sale before? When a store is gonna close for good, everything goes back to MSRP and then discounts are taken from that. Not to mention as soon as store closing signs go up it's like the normal customers who you would never see in those stores usually are there buying up stuff by the cart load/ car load full. Even if you tell em that such n such item was actually $10 two weeks prior and that now they're paying MORE than they could've bought it for a month earlier, they look at you like YOU'RE the ignorant SOB for pointing out their stupidity.:lol:

This happened with Borders when they closed most recently. People gobbled up shit like it was the best deal EVER at 10-20% off MSRP.:roll:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#7474 RedFoxCommando

RedFoxCommando

I Am Spartacus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2012 - 02:03 AM

Now that you mention it, there was this boat supply store that was closing that I went to with my friend. Everything was liquidated but all the price tags were fresh and nothing looked "discounted" at all...I retract my earlier statement haha! I don't want any stores to close to be honest, the more options the better.

#7475 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 02 June 2012 - 02:11 AM

Not me, hehehe. I waited until it was 60-90% off and picked up a ton of manga and some other random books. The good novels were all gone, probably bought up by the idiots that you mentioned. My biggest regret was not knowing that there were 2 Borders in the area, so I missed out on one of them.

I kept thinking I had another day or two on Borders around here, but they closed on either a Weds or Thurs here instead of a Friday evening. Normally the stores usually push the closing sales till the end of a week. So I was kinda shocked when I went by the one local Borders and saw the whole store darkened on what I figured would've been the final day.

Not that I wanted much of anything outta the store. I was keeping an eye on some strategy guides, which I would've bought the final day for $1-2 each and maybe some shelving to put all my gaming related stuff on. Although most of whatever shelving was left was bought up by Books-A-Million, which moved into the Borders store about a month or so later. Unfortunately, they have the same pricing scheme(MSRP on everything cept the oldest shit)as Borders. I went in there once, checked out the gaming section and the movies, had a chuckle at the prices and haven't been back since.:razz:

Posted Image

#7476 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2012 - 02:17 AM

Interesting tidbit about the coupons. But I wonder how many transactions you'd have to go through to get all three coupons. I don't feel like buying shit for an hour and then returning it when the 'right' coupons don't print just to get them to print up.:razz:

Most customers here don't even take the coupons, so I just throw them our. Or stockpile them to help persuade a customer to buy a protection agreement. You might have luck just asking someone in the electronics department if you can raid their trashcan. :D

Oh, and two of them (the join SYWR and the $20 points) printed on the same transaction. You'll get 0-3 coupons at random per transaction.
Posted Image

#7477 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 02 June 2012 - 02:48 AM

Most customers here don't even take the coupons, so I just throw them our. Or stockpile them to help persuade a customer to buy a protection agreement. You might have luck just asking someone in the electronics department if you can raid their trashcan. :D

Oh, and two of them (the join SYWR and the $20 points) printed on the same transaction. You'll get 0-3 coupons at random per transaction.

Oh I know. I used to have half a ream of register paper just from the small transactions I'd do at Sears/Kmart. Most of the time it was coupons for $5 off ladies' intimates or something(are they trying to say I look like a chick w/ my long hair?:lol:) or for $5 off an oil change at Sears Auto Center(which I actually used). In other words, wasted paper most times for me.

Posted Image

#7478 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:07 AM

Have you been to a liquidation sale before? When a store is gonna close for good, everything goes back to MSRP and then discounts are taken from that. Not to mention as soon as store closing signs go up it's like the normal customers who you would never see in those stores usually are there buying up stuff by the cart load/ car load full. Even if you tell em that such n such item was actually $10 two weeks prior and that now they're paying MORE than they could've bought it for a month earlier, they look at you like YOU'RE the ignorant SOB for pointing out their stupidity.:lol:

This happened with Borders when they closed most recently. People gobbled up shit like it was the best deal EVER at 10-20% off MSRP.:roll:

Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous. Most stores have been closing around here and one of the malls has basically become a wasteland (this is how it looks during normal operating hours), so I've seen my fair share of liquidation sales over the last two years. Anyway, the mall used to have two Gottschalks (one on each end) and they both had a big 80%-off sale when they were closing. My wife and I went with the intention of finally being able to afford some of their ridiculously expensive Christmas and kitchen stuff, only to find out that most of the things we were interested were actually cheaper a few weeks before the sale. But because of the new "marked down" tags, people were buying up everything. It's freakin' ingenious.

Also, I've got a buddy whose daughter works at some women's clothing store. Apparently, two weeks before Black Friday, they marked something up from $9.99 to $15.99 and then during the sale, they marked it down to $12.99 and people bought it up like crazy. Then once the sale was over, it went back down to $9.99. I'm sure they probably did this with many items; this was just a specific example that he shared.

#7479 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:41 AM

:lol: That looks like the Schuylkill or Columbia Malls here in PA.

Posted Image

#7480 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:01 PM

Just figured I'd confirm what I said earlier. I checked my SYWR points and saw that I did get 10,000 ($10) in points from using a coupon and buying Flingsmash. Later this month I'll try it with all three coupons on some of our clearance kinect games (Curse you Dance Central. You should be $10 by now!)
Posted Image

#7481 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2012 - 02:41 PM

Just got an e-mail stating that all SYWR members got an additional 10% off all electronics all day tomorrow at my local Sears.

Spoiler

:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#7482 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2012 - 02:43 PM

Gold/Silver still 29.97 or did the other stores match Punisher's store's magical drop yet?

I think my Sears is trying to push all video games out.
Is Pokemon Black really $20? What is the difference between Black and White?
I know the Black 2 and White 2 about to come out.
Im still on the fence about which Pokemon to get for beginners.

The xbox 360 towards are $19.97, but this Sears dont have clearance stickers yet. The other sears clearance out for $2.97, but have the wii towers for $39.97.

Its funny that the psp go white is listed as $49.97 and it scans on the register, but no one can find it.

#7483 willc23

willc23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:27 PM

Picked up a base charger for the Move controller and thumbstick for $5.97. 2Gb SD card for $2.97.
Posted Image

#7484 Sagemoon

Sagemoon

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:44 PM

Just picked up pokemon soul silver for 25$

#7485 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:38 PM

Just got an e-mail stating that all SYWR members got an additional 10% off all electronics all day tomorrow at my local Sears.

Spoiler

That's a LOT of exclusions.:lol:

Posted Image

#7486 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:31 PM

That's a LOT of exclusions.:lol:

That's why no coupon printed for me

#7487 goodnight144

goodnight144

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:50 PM

Picked up
Fracture PS3 $4.95
Perfect Dark Zero Xbox 360 $4.95
Saw
Pokemon black 19.99
Pokemon soulsilver 24.99
Pokemon Heart and Gold 24.99

Wanted:
Halo 3 headset that came with Halo 3 edition Xbox 360

Ebay:http://www.ebay.com/...&_sop=12&_rdc=1

#7488 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:56 AM

Picked up
Fracture PS3 $4.95
Saw
Pokemon black 19.99
Pokemon soulsilver 24.99
Pokemon Heart and Gold 24.99

I would have gave u perfect dark zero collector edition for $5.

#7489 goodnight144

goodnight144

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:04 AM

I would have gave u perfect dark zero collector edition for $5.

I'd have taken it too lol

Wanted:
Halo 3 headset that came with Halo 3 edition Xbox 360

Ebay:http://www.ebay.com/...&_sop=12&_rdc=1

#7490 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 04:29 AM

Stopped by the closest Sears on my lunch break today. They still had at least one wall of new video games and a decent selection of "clearance" games. I did find:

Halo Wars $17.97

I didn't buy the Perfect Dark Zero but I did purchase the Halo Wars for $5.29 after using up my last SYWR points. I'll probably leave it sealed and will check back occasionally to see if it'll drop any further. It's taken a year to drop from $19.99 so I'm not too hopeful.
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#7491 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:48 AM

Snagged that Pikachu Amusement Park or whatever the hell it is for Wii 9.97.

Also, there was a person that alerted all of us to the Mario DSi XL system dropping to 129.99. I grabbed the last one. Really happy I got this-- now I just have to decide if I'm going to keep it in the box, because I'm sure in five years it'll be worth more brand new than it is now.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#7492 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:07 PM

Ok I can't possibly clean out this Sears on my own so I will let everyone in on it.

The Sears in the Boulevard mall in Amherst, NY is fully stocked with loads and loads of stuff. I was there today and also got an extra 25% off clearance games, which was completely unadvertised. If you go to this sears you should also get extra 25% off, but I don't know how long it will last, I am guessing a week. I didn't buy accessories here so I can't tell you if you get 25% off accessories too.

I got the Pokemon Wii game, Uncharted 1, which was opened but I bought it anyways since I was allowed to check that everything was there, I really wanted this that is why I bought it, it was base price 9.97.. There were some fingsmash bundles and while I could have been the hoarder and bought them all I bought 1 and left the other one for someone else. This Sears will get you a $8 flingsmash bundle so better get there quick, there was only one left after I bought mine. The other bundles are $39.99 each so don't bother with those. I also left 2 copies of the Pokepark Wii game for someone else, which would also be around $8 each. Also lots of Pokemon Gold and Silver, but 24.98 each.

There is a Sony move charger for $10 (2-slot). I passed on this and picked up the nyko move charger for $5 at Best Buy (2-slot).

The Wii storage towers were still labeled as $39.97 here. I didn't bother to check the actual price. There were a load of them sitting in a corner.

#7493 grecianfox

grecianfox

Ambulance Chaser

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:44 AM

Picked up Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock for 3.97 (x360) at Sears in Springdale, Ohio. One copy left as of yesterday afternoon.

#7494 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:37 PM

Nice, I would love to get that game at that price. It's the only console GH I'm missing. I'm absolutely sure it won't be at our Sears, unfortunately. In fact, I'm willing to bet that Minute To Win It, Where The Wild Things Are, and DefJam Rap Star (or whatever it's called) are still the only games there.

#7495 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:50 PM

The Wii storage towers were still labeled as $39.97 here. I didn't bother to check the actual price. There were a load of them sitting in a corner.

Those were the only storage towers left in my area as well. The 360 and PS3 ones were gone from both of my local stores.:cry:

Posted Image

#7496 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:15 PM

I picked up Eyepet for PS3 for $6.97

#7497 Benny Moto

Benny Moto

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:02 AM

Just mentioning I got a 2000 Wii points card today in the blister pack for $9.67. Sears by me probably had about 85% of their games on clearance and only had 2 games from the last 2 months (Max Payne 3 and Mario Tennis 3DS).
Video game and comic book collecting

http://www.spritelayer.net

#7498 Ceol_CAG

Ceol_CAG

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:43 AM

Picked up Pokemon Platinum for 19.97 at a Sears in Saugus, and there were still one or two left if anyone was looking for it. Dunno if that's a great price or not, but since it's hard to find new (for me, anyway) I thought that was a pretty good deal. Their other clearance games weren't that great, though, imo.

#7499 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:52 AM

Hmmmm...interesting.

The next closest Sears to me WAS showing limited stock on the white PSPGo's even after I bought four of them. Now Google Shopping is showing OOS on them. I guess maybe they did inventory and realized there was a discrepancy finally?

Posted Image

#7500 Derrick1979

Derrick1979

For the love of GAMING!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:29 PM

Hmmmm...interesting.

The next closest Sears to me WAS showing limited stock on the white PSPGo's even after I bought four of them. Now Google Shopping is showing OOS on them. I guess maybe they did inventory and realized there was a discrepancy finally?

Ugh Id love to get one of them