Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

• Please log in to reply
9868 replies to this topic

#7561 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:21 AM

Went into our local Sears (Jonesboro, AR location, in case you were wondering) to pick up some pots and pans on clearance yesterday. While there, they announced a sale on clearance video games: $4.97 apiece, no matter what their original clearance price was. We ended up getting 2 copies of Battlefield 3 (:360:), Rage (:360:), Red Faction: Armageddon (:360:), Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock (:360:), Vanquish (:360:), Crysis 2 (:360:), Mortal Kombat (:360:), Infamous 2 (:ps3:), Uncharted 2: Game of the Year Edition (:ps3:), Dragon Quest IX (:ds:), and Pokemon Platinum (:ds:), all for about $60 before tax.

We went back today, and while a lot of the better selection was gone by now, we picked up Halo: Reach (:360:), Dance Central (:360:), Star Fox 64 3D (:3ds:), and Jeopardy! (:ds:), all for around $20. Jeopardy may not be the most exciting game, but dammit, I don't think we're ever going to get a version of XBOX 360, so I bit. Dance Central also came with a code for 240 MS points, so it pretty much paid for itself already.

WOW

That's awesome.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#7562 deadtrees

deadtrees

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:53 AM

A few handwritten discounts at Moorestown, NJ:

:360: Lego Star Wars $3.97
:360: Dragon Age: Origins $8.97
:360: Band Hero $3.97

:ps3: Component cable $4.97
:ps3: Tony Hawk Shred (game only, lulz) $3.97
:ps3: Guitar Hero Van Halen $3.97
:ps3: Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock $3.97
:ps3: Band Hero $3.97

:wii: Wii Sports Resort $14.97 (one copy)

:ps2: Band Hero $2.97
:ps2: Rock Band Track Pack Vol ? $0.97
:ps2: Guitar Hero Van Halen $3.97

:ds: My Weight Loss Coach $6.47
:ds: Golden Sun: Dark Dawn $4.97

Bloggie Touch $26.97 (one copy)

#7563 RedFoxCommando

RedFoxCommando

I Am Spartacus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:51 AM

Went into our local Sears (Jonesboro, AR location, in case you were wondering) to pick up some pots and pans on clearance yesterday. While there, they announced a sale on clearance video games: $4.97 apiece, no matter what their original clearance price was. We ended up getting 2 copies of Battlefield 3 (:360:), Rage (:360:), Red Faction: Armageddon (:360:), Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock (:360:), Vanquish (:360:), Crysis 2 (:360:), Mortal Kombat (:360:), Infamous 2 (:ps3:), Uncharted 2: Game of the Year Edition (:ps3:), Dragon Quest IX (:ds:), and Pokemon Platinum (:ds:), all for about $60 before tax.

We went back today, and while a lot of the better selection was gone by now, we picked up Halo: Reach (:360:), Dance Central (:360:), Star Fox 64 3D (:3ds:), and Jeopardy! (:ds:), all for around $20. Jeopardy may not be the most exciting game, but dammit, I don't think we're ever going to get a version of XBOX 360, so I bit. Dance Central also came with a code for 240 MS points, so it pretty much paid for itself already.

:applause: but at the same time :cry:

#7564 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:23 AM

Goddamn, that's the best Sears ever.

#7565 mer71

mer71

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:22 PM

I snagged Guitar Hero:WOR for Xbox 360 for $3.97.

mer71.jpg

#7566 jupiterjones

jupiterjones

WHAT THE CUSS!?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:44 PM

Totally amazing. My store has a ton of games locked away in the cases I would love to grab at $5 each. But with my luck, an employee will snatch 'em up long before I even hear about such a deal....

Jupiter_Jones.png

Check out my blog on music, gaming, wrestling, movies etc etc. It doesn't totally suck!

http://abloggymess.com/

#7567 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:26 PM

Same here. Mines came with the CD.

To the other Poster, man $5 for any games :drool::drool:
Why cant other sears follow?

#7568 caldazar

caldazar

RiderOnAPaleHorse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:50 AM

I can only dream of being in my local Sears when this announcement happens...

** Caldazar **

#7569 mer71

mer71

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:23 PM

The Soundgarden cd is a new bonus inside. Now between buying RB3 bundle and this, it is time to dust off the drums and guitars..

mer71.jpg

#7570 Stark Rhavyn

Stark Rhavyn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:10 PM

I've got some buddies up in Jonesboro (I'm in Little Rock). Did they have anymore copies of Battlefield? I can get someone up there to grab one for me if they do.

#7571 Wal_Target

Wal_Target

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:16 PM

Picked up Flingsmash at $9.97. I know it's not the best price it was offered at but I think it was worth it for the extra remote.

#7572 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:48 PM

DS Pokemon Gold & Pokemon Silver for $8.xx

Marked $24.97 but they still have 67% off clearance.

#7573 davydoo

davydoo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:01 AM

Wii Sports Resort with motion plus for $2.97. (I bought 15 of them...)

Golden Sun DS for 2.97

Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock for 2.97

Darksiders for 2.97

This was at the Santa Monica store.

#7574 chris00cm

chris00cm

Deal Connoisseur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:08 AM

My Sears had a ton of games on clearance, but none that were even worth the money. I wish I was that lucky.

#7575 JohnnyBeeGoode

JohnnyBeeGoode

I think Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag (PS4) is fantastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:21 AM

Didn't they (Sears) have a pretty ridiculous Clearance Sale about this time last year (around July 4th)? I know they are ceasing the sale of all things video games (don't know about consoles) but the timing of some of the prices I have seen on here the past couple days is reminiscent of that sale last year.
Posted Image

#7576 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:42 AM

Wii Sports Resort with motion plus for $2.97. (I bought 15 of them...)

Goddamn, I would've too. When they had yard games and digital picture frames for 97 cents each, we bought all of them and gave them out for Christmas.

#7577 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 01:36 PM

Well, I got the okay to do 50% off the items on my VOM table. This includes stuff like psp go's, dj hero bundles, etc. it be a lot better if I could just make my store do 50% off all clx games. (And my store has been behind on the clx cycles. My go's are still 99.97)

#7578 Cocojames333

Cocojames333

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:53 PM

Found 3 Wii points cards in clam shells. Priced at a little over $10. Price still said $19.99 but I saw that someone on here got them so I took the risk. Lol

#7579 kraftwerks

kraftwerks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:39 PM

I went to the niagra falls blvd Sears and as usual found nothing. I rarely go there as there are two indy game stores literally around the corner. I imagine they clean out the good stuff regularly.

#7580 Dr Scientifico

Dr Scientifico

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:29 PM

I've got some buddies up in Jonesboro (I'm in Little Rock). Did they have anymore copies of Battlefield? I can get someone up there to grab one for me if they do.

Sorry for not responding quicker, but it wouldn't matter: when I went back the next day to pick up those last couple of days, all the worthwhile games like BF 3 were already gone. Multiple copies of Halo: Reach were about the cream of the crop then.

#7581 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:54 PM

Didn't they (Sears) have a pretty ridiculous Clearance Sale about this time last year (around July 4th)? I know they are ceasing the sale of all things video games (don't know about consoles) but the timing of some of the prices I have seen on here the past couple days is reminiscent of that sale last year.

Yes they did. I was thinking that last night that most of the games are in the almost but not quite good enough price range and they're priming for another swarm.

#7582 RedFoxCommando

RedFoxCommando

I Am Spartacus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:46 AM

Would anyone recall what Borderlands bottomed out at? I saw two copies today that were out of system.

#7583 MR_E

MR_E

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:01 AM

Probably just coincidence. According to the employees/managers here, they've gotten memos from corporate about taking extra percentages off (at each store manager's discretion), and they're just trying to get rid of remaining clearance games. After this, they're only carrying consoles and new releases. One employee said that they can't compete with other stores on older releases, and most of their videogame business is from people buying games the day/week of release because they don't want to wait in line at gamestop or best buy. So there you have it.

#7584 MR_E

MR_E

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:06 AM

Oh, and the McKinley Mall store in Blasdell, NY, is down to an extra 25% off, too, and said they might go 50% sometime in the next couple weeks to get rid of what doesn't sell. I bit on Castlevania ps3 for around $15 after the extra 25% off. Not bad (have been waiting on that to drop further).

#7585 RedFoxCommando

RedFoxCommando

I Am Spartacus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:41 PM

Went to Sears a few days ago and there were some games reduced to $4.99. Most of the good ones were probably gone, though. I picked up a PS3 Darksiders that looked to be resealed. It had no y-folds and the shrink wrap was torn. I'll exchange it at another Sears.

I believe all copies of Darksiders for PS3 were shrink wrapped instead of Y Folds. Not sure why.

#7586 Gameboy415

Gameboy415

16-bits of awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:56 PM

I hit 2 Sears over the weekend trying to find a copy of Pokemon: Black (which is down to $19.97) but both stores gave me the same story:
"some guy came in and bought like 10 copies!" :cry:
Oh well.

One store had 99% of its games on clearance, but everything of interest was still in the $15-20 range with no further discount.
They even had XBLA point cards in clamshells on clearance but the discount was only 2 cents. :roll:
I'd probably head back there if they do a "50% off clearance prices sale" or something though.
Posted Image

#7587 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:59 PM

I hit 2 Sears over the weekend trying to find a copy of Pokemon: Black (which is down to $19.97) but both stores gave me the same story:
"some guy came in and bought like 10 copies!" :cry:
Oh well.

One store had 99% of its games on clearance, but everything of interest was still in the $15-20 range with no further discount.
They even had XBLA point cards in clamshells on clearance but the discount was only 2 cents. :roll:
I'd probably head back there if they do a "50% off clearance prices sale" or something though.

I'm uber surprised that sears even holds 10 copies of any game... I can't imagine them selling that many!!

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Sorcery Saga, :3ds: N/A, :360: DDP SDOJ, :ps3: Rocksmith 2014, :ps4: Dynasty Warriors 8

#7588 kraftwerks

kraftwerks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:00 PM

I've never seen a Sears that had ten copies of anything.

#7589 xDerekRx

xDerekRx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:20 PM

I went to the niagra falls blvd Sears and as usual found nothing. I rarely go there as there are two indy game stores literally around the corner. I imagine they clean out the good stuff regularly.

Not true (on the Oogie Games front). Them and Play N Trade have bigger fish to fry than clearance.

I openly admit Ive been hitting that Sears hard for about 5-6 years. I live so close to it that I hit it up frequently. In fact I worked there for a year almost solely to CAG it :) Its yielded me tons of good finds over the years.

#7590 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:31 PM

Not true (on the Oogie Games front). Them and Play N Trade have bigger fish to fry than clearance.

I openly admit Ive been hitting that Sears hard for about 5-6 years. I live so close to it that I hit it up frequently. In fact I worked there for a year almost solely to CAG it :) Its yielded me tons of good finds over the years.

I don't think these stores grab the clearance items, as I said before both of these stores have positioned themselves next to goodwill's and SA's in many area's, especially the Lockport Oogie games whom has themselves positioned directly next to a goodwill in order to ensure a steady stream of stock. Or at least that is the way I see it. This basically means for most SA's and Goodwill's in the WNY area you won't be getting anything. Oogie games also puts more stickers on their games than Gamestop which some find hard to believe but it is true. These stores are also horrendously overpriced and I refuse to shop at them. I would rather shop on ebay, and I do shop on ebay. I don't even know why people shop there when every game you would ever want is a click away on ebay for a lot less money.

As for me I only buy what is a really good deal or what I want to play for myself, so as I said before there is no way I can clean out an entire Sears by myself.

The McKinley mall is very good but honestly its not worth the drive for me since it would take me well over an hour to get there, the arcade is gone and basically the only reason I would be there is for the Sears.