Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

• Please log in to reply
9898 replies to this topic

#7651 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:57 PM

You can find assassin's creed for like $9.99 at Gamestop and Best Buy used.

#7652 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:58 PM

Sweet! I got a red one in the old packaging for $20.97 yesterday. I checked the price on the black dual shock 3 today in the old package and they still ring up full price. I'm gonna keep my eye out for other colors to see if they've dropped as well.

The silver ones are also clearanced in the old style packaging. But those may be out of the system by now, as I got one of them about 3-6 months ago at one of my three Sears stores in my area.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#7653 kraftwerks

kraftwerks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 10:01 PM

Got pretty lucky at the Walden Galleria. They had the mario vs donkey kong dsi xl system bundle marked $80. On a whim i had a worker price check it. $39.97. Sold!

#7654 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 10:05 PM

Got pretty lucky at the Walden Galleria. They had the mario vs donkey kong dsi xl system bundle marked $80. On a whim i had a worker price check it. $39.97. Sold!

Good find! Anything else noteworthy there? I sipped checking there because I didn't see anything for a long long time...

#7655 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 10:25 PM

Wow that is a good find, I have gotten things at the Galleria store before so I always check.

#7656 postaboy

postaboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 10:39 PM

I also don't understand...are the black label copies of the original assassins creed rare or something now? Ebay prices for them arnt that high...something Im missing?

It has to be in brand new, factory sealed, unopened condition. I sold a couple of them (non-ph version, factory sealed in mint condition) for $60 shipped on eBay a week before AC Revelations hits the shelves, and then another copy I picked up for $17 at Sears for $50 shipped. You get more $$$ if you list it right before/after the next sequel. If you have one (should be like $13 at sears by now), hold on to it till AC R comes out.

Same goes for Original Mass Effect 1 (Non Ph was $13 at Sears) version. I ended up selling this one for $75 shipped, right before Mass Effect 3 came out.
Same goes for Demon's Souls. It's $5/6 at Kmart by now. I ended up flipping this for $50 shipped easily right before Dark Souls came out.

I kind of regretted not picking up Prototype for $6 at Kmart. They had like 8 of them. It was going for $35-$45 on eBay before/after Prototype 2. It could have paid off my Vita lol.

Edited by postaboy, 23 June 2012 - 10:56 PM.

Lakers for Life!

#7657 hashiriya1

hashiriya1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 10:43 PM

Picked up Peace Walker for $5.97 @ the Cupertino, CA store.

#7658 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 12:26 AM

It has to be in brand new, factory sealed, unopened condition. I sold a couple of them (non-ph version, factory sealed in mint condition) for $60 shipped on eBay a week before AC Revelations hits the shelves, and then another copy I picked up for $17 at Sears for $50 shipped. You get more $$$ if you list it right before/after the next sequel. If you have one (should be like $13 at sears by now), hold on to it till AC R comes out.

Same goes for Original Mass Effect 1 (Non Ph was $13 at Sears) version. I ended up selling this one for $75 shipped, right before Mass Effect 3 came out.
Same goes for Demon's Souls. It's $5/6 at Kmart by now. I ended up flipping this for $50 shipped easily right before Dark Souls came out.

I kind of regretted not picking up Prototype for $6 at Kmart. They had like 8 of them. It was going for $35-$45 on eBay before/after Prototype 2. It could have paid off my Vita lol.

Lol, you're right about that. I'm going to keep that in mind from now on. I'm always checking stores for clearance items so I should keep an eye for older titles as well.

#7659 kraftwerks

kraftwerks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:35 AM

I rarely go there, thinking, hey, its the busiest mall in buffalo. But i figured what the heck. There were a lot of ps360 sports games for 9.97 and that was it. I had the dude scan a wii mario kart that was marked $39.97, but it was the correct price.

#7660 Jesse757x

Jesse757x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:00 AM

Picked up 18 games for $40 bucks today. The cashier had to manually adjust each one. Most of the games were 50% off but they had a small section of 75% off games (mostly junk). Got a couple copies of Uncharted for $5, Stitch Jam ds for 74 cents, a bunch of guitar hero/rockband games for $1.99, bayonetta for $2 and more.

#7661 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:08 AM

Just scored a kinect, dance central, and golden sun: dark dawn together for under $80 thanks to my employee discount. No luck on getting 50% off all clearance ( so no $150 Xbox 360's)

#7662 MR_E

MR_E

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:06 AM

Did they have any more? Might consider upgrading from my DS lite at $40.

#7663 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:15 AM

I haven't seen AC in my area but I am holding onto a Bioshock 2 collectors edition that I am waiting to flip when Bioshock infinite comes out. The only copies of AC I have seen are at BB and Gamestop used. I wouldn't mind trying the series, so I might just get one of the $10 copies eventually, need to decide if I want it for Xbox or PS3 though.

#7664 kraftwerks

kraftwerks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:18 AM

Did they have any more? Might consider upgrading from my DS lite at $40.

It was the only one. There were regular dsi xls marked $159.97. I asked the dude to check one of those but he snottily replied that "i know THAT price is correct."
I am going to miss the Sears deals. I will not miss the jerk workers.

#7665 kraftwerks

kraftwerks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:21 AM

I haven't seen AC in my area but I am holding onto a Bioshock 2 collectors edition that I am waiting to flip when Bioshock infinite comes out. The only copies of AC I have seen are at BB and Gamestop used. I wouldn't mind trying the series, so I might just get one of the $10 copies eventually, need to decide if I want it for Xbox or PS3 though.

If you care less about collecting and just want to play it, Assassin's Creed Revelations for ps3 includes the first one on the disc. Since AC:R is on sale every other day for $19.99, it's a nice deal.

#7666 MR_E

MR_E

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:23 AM

It was the only one. There were regular dsi xls marked $159.97. I asked the dude to check one of those but he snottily replied that "i know THAT price is correct."
I am going to miss the Sears deals. I will not miss the jerk workers.

Ah, k. Thanks for the info. If it wasn't, they'd probably be cleared out once the employees found out they were $40, anyway. The normal dsi xl's are $159.97 at McKinley, too. Not sure if they're part of the 50% off, but I don't think so since they said they needed a special memo to drop some of the other hardware (like the psp bundles I mentioned) they put in the bin.

#7667 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:24 AM

:shock:

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#7668 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:29 AM

Picked up 18 games for $40 bucks today. The cashier had to manually adjust each one. Most of the games were 50% off but they had a small section of 75% off games (mostly junk). Got a couple copies of Uncharted for $5, Stitch Jam ds for 74 cents, a bunch of guitar hero/rockband games for $1.99, bayonetta for $2 and more.

Dang. Got Bayoneta for $5.97. Well, I shouldn't say dang. It's a good deal.

You might be surprised how much Best Buy will give you for that 'junk' lol. PokePark Pikachu's Adventure Wii, while it may not be junk(I don't know.) , was $6.97 and got me $16BB.

Not to derail this thread, some things are being added to the OP here(Sears is in light blue/turquoise): http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=322515

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#7669 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:01 AM

If you care less about collecting and just want to play it, Assassin's Creed Revelations for ps3 includes the first one on the disc. Since AC:R is on sale every other day for $19.99, it's a nice deal.

That's only the first run that has the first game on the disc.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#7670 kraftwerks

kraftwerks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:05 AM

Yeah, there will be a small blurb on the front of the case indicating that the first game is included. I still see them on store shelves. Shouldnt be hard to find.

#7671 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:44 AM

Any of you know if Best Buy has a clearence section? Or should I keep on driving by them?
Bethesda Excuse defined..

http://www.urbandict...Bethesda Excuse

#7672 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:19 AM

Any of you know if Best Buy has a clearence section? Or should I keep on driving by them?

YMMV. The BBY in my town has a couple clearance caches. I found bbcs and lost in shadow each for under $8.

#7673 postaboy

postaboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 08:10 AM

After visiting six sears in the last few days, I finally found one that is doing the additional 50% off on selected pink tags. It seems like all the good games have been wiped off clean. All they had left was a bunch of Gears, Fable, Resident Evil 5, NFS games, Sports Games, Wii Family/Dance Genre Games, etc. While browsing the games with a few of them on my hand, the worker there told me, "Don't buy them yet and that they will be doing an addtional 75% off on Tuesday". He asked for my number and said he will give me a call to cherry pick them first before the signs goes up. I guess I'll wait.

Posted Image
Lakers for Life!

#7674 Dominick331

Dominick331

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:00 PM

:ds: Golden Sun Dark Dawn $1.97

Moorestown NJ mall, had a few other $1.97 titles, mostly guitar hero and band hero stuff.

#7675 mrgamer

mrgamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:22 PM

nothing at my sears nearby, will check others sometime this week...

Edited by mrgamer, 24 June 2012 - 04:14 PM.

#7676 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:05 PM

Would it be okay if I called up Sears instead of driving to each one to be disappointed when asking about this clearance sale?

#7677 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:00 PM

Dang. Got Bayoneta for $5.97. Well, I shouldn't say dang. It's a good deal.

You might be surprised how much Best Buy will give you for that 'junk' lol. PokePark Pikachu's Adventure Wii, while it may not be junk(I don't know.) , was $6.97 and got me $16BB.

Not to derail this thread, some things are being added to the OP here(Sears is in light blue/turquoise): http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=322515

Pokepark is bad, I played it and there is really no game to it, its just running around and making friends with Pokemon, and a few minigames thrown in. Nothing like a core Pokemon game at all. It might be fun for a 5 year old, but I think even they might be bored by it. I now know to stay away from Pokemon spinoff's. I also traded mine in to BB for $16 credit.

#7678 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:29 PM

Called up 2 Sears kinda close to me & they both pretty much said that by Tuesday if you don't find what your looking for its going to be shipped to a warehouse then given away as charity.

#7679 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:50 PM

Called up 2 Sears kinda close to me & they both pretty much said that by Tuesday if you don't find what your looking for its going to be shipped to a warehouse then given away as charity.

I haven't heard anything of this sort at my Sears, so I presume it might be a local thing as part of some tax writeoff.
Posted Image

#7680 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 08:12 PM

Well the ones I called were in PA & DE.