Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

• Please log in to reply
9854 replies to this topic

#7801 MR_E

MR_E

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:38 AM

Um, I am a girl, I did not speak to the person but its certainly not every day you see someone walking around the mall in a blue wig with very long ponytails. I didn't even think anyone in my area knew about that stuff.

Not as obscure but a bit stranger... I actually saw someone in a superman costume riding a unicycle in the McKinley parking lot sometime last month.

#7802 jedifrog21

jedifrog21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:14 AM

Oh... man. Saw the worse thing ever. My most stocked store, decimated. The game case barely has games, and the enormous clearance section was shrunk to one small endcap. I can't figure out what the hell happened. They're doing an additional 25% off, but given the prices, I don't think that killed all of that clearance (and not to mention the full price games that just disappeared)

Ugh that SUCKS. I feel for you

#7803 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:30 AM

We've got a homeless Spider-Man who poses on street corners for money.

#7804 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:12 PM

Not as obscure but a bit stranger... I actually saw someone in a superman costume riding a unicycle in the McKinley parking lot sometime last month.

Wow, that is really strange, something about our area maybe...Our area really needs an anime convention, I'd go to it even at my age, although most people who want to go to a convention just travel to one of the big ones.

#7805 caMOFOg

caMOFOg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:23 PM

Oh... man. Saw the worse thing ever. My most stocked store, decimated. The game case barely has games, and the enormous clearance section was shrunk to one small endcap. I can't figure out what the hell happened. They're doing an additional 25% off, but given the prices, I don't think that killed all of that clearance (and not to mention the full price games that just disappeared)

Sounds like they had a secret fire sale. Mine had a 99 cent bin wiped out in one day. I was able to grab Gran Turismo 5 PS3 for 99 cents.

#7806 thepain73

thepain73

Johnny B. Goode

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:24 PM

Found a PSMove charging station for $7.

#7807 AionTelos

AionTelos

is PLUS ONE PIG!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:45 PM

Why do I feel the need to check my store everyday just incase they do some crazy awesome sale D:

#7808 sadakou

sadakou

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:23 PM

Why do I feel the need to check my store everyday just incase they do some crazy awesome sale D:

I used to feel the same way until I realized how much money I was spending in gas just to scope out any possible deals. It cancels out any discount you get from the clearance. It's easy to get excited when you see a game with a 1.97 price tag on it, but your brain never actually calculates that it cost you 21.97 to finally get it at that price.

It gets to the point where, if you aren't already at the mall, you're better off just biting the bullet and paying the $15-20 for it on Amazon.

#7809 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:08 PM

Might head back today since my Kids seem to be up early from their naps... Haven't been in a while but my store never really did anything cool. Of course I could have just missed it if they did since many of the games seem to have disappeared.

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#7810 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:12 PM

I'm tempted to hit the further store from me soon, since they're the only one with any actual stock left after that fucking local store owner and his buddy cleared out my closest one.:bomb:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#7811 AionTelos

AionTelos

is PLUS ONE PIG!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:00 PM

I used to feel the same way until I realized how much money I was spending in gas just to scope out any possible deals. It cancels out any discount you get from the clearance. It's easy to get excited when you see a game with a 1.97 price tag on it, but your brain never actually calculates that it cost you 21.97 to finally get it at that price.

It gets to the point where, if you aren't already at the mall, you're better off just biting the bullet and paying the $15-20 for it on Amazon.

I did that for a pspgo. Thankfully though there is a Sears literally 5 minutes walking distance from my place.

#7812 jkam

jkam

Smash It Up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:25 PM

My Sears was pretty picked through. I did find a Sony 2GB M2 Memory Card for $0.97 though.

#7813 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:39 AM

Apparently my local Sears had one of those game blowouts since the last time I was there. The clearance area had half the space it used to have and I saw DJ Hero 2 Wii and Sports Champions PS3 both tagged for $1.99 with June stickers (they rung up $7.97 and had to be manually adjusted) so I am guessing a lot of other games were also marked down to that price.

#7814 Devil May Cry

Devil May Cry

Witty remark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:38 AM

Checked a local Sears and they pretty much stripped all the <$10 items. I have a feeling it was an employee, but I didn't bother looking harder. All those drops I've been eyeing, gone...

ZuREZ44.jpg

I pay $20 a month for my phone bill. Sign up through me and we both get $25 off our bills! That's a free month! PM me for more info if you're curious.

Wanna try League of Legends? Try it out here!: http://bit.ly/1uEevsK

#7815 caMOFOg

caMOFOg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:52 PM

Checked a local Sears and they pretty much stripped all the <$10 items. I have a feeling it was an employee, but I didn't bother looking harder. All those drops I've been eyeing, gone...

Yeah it's very likely the employees will grab all the good stuff and leave the scraps during these secret fire sales.

#7816 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:07 PM

Anyone been to Sears today? Since there was no price drop last week I was thinking it might happen today.

#7817 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:34 PM

Anyone been to Sears today? Since there was no price drop last week I was thinking it might happen today.

I've got work in 30 minutes, so I'll check when I get in.

#7818 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:28 PM

Found a few PS2 titles (Guitar Hero: Van Halen, Band Hero and some Hanna Montana game) for 97 cents this week. They have no trade-in value, so I didn't buy them. All other games still had June stickers on them.

Friends and Family on Sunday.

Dude in electronics told me that my store is eventually going to phase out all games and consoles at my store. He hadn't received the e-mail from Corporate yet, but he thinks it's coming soon and the drops will start happening then.

I thought my store would be spared from the phase-out, but apparently this won't be the case.

#7819 elrobo8

elrobo8

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:04 AM

No new drops at my store. I checked a number of games, all rang up at June's prices.

#7820 Kerplunkuga

Kerplunkuga

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:58 AM

Dropped by one of the two sears in my area - games section is completely gone. Nothing game related even for sale any longer....

Posted Image

#7821 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:32 AM

Found a few PS2 titles (Guitar Hero: Van Halen, Band Hero and some Hanna Montana game) for 97 cents this week. They have no trade-in value, so I didn't buy them. All other games still had June stickers on them.

Friends and Family on Sunday.

Dude in electronics told me that my store is eventually going to phase out all games and consoles at my store. He hadn't received the e-mail from Corporate yet, but he thinks it's coming soon and the drops will start happening then.

I thought my store would be spared from the phase-out, but apparently this won't be the case.

FYI, friends and family excludes video games (and everything else) this time around. It's solely on TV's 46" and larger and home audio systems.
Posted Image

#7822 jupiterjones

jupiterjones

WHAT THE CUSS!?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:33 PM

Picked up a USB cable for the PS3 for $2.97. No good price drops on anything else. Saw Golden Sun for $9.97, but I already have 5 of them from when I got them for $5, so no go there. I would VERY MUCH LIKE for the 50% off deal to COME TO MY STUPID SEARS RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!

Also picked up the USB cable at a non-local Sears for $2.97. Passed on a Move charger base for $5.97 (since I don't have/want the Move). Otherwise, the store was almost bare of gaming anything. Sad to see.

Jupiter_Jones.png

Check out my blog on music, gaming, wrestling, movies etc etc. It doesn't totally suck!

http://abloggymess.com/

#7823 alan90oblivion

alan90oblivion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 01:09 PM

Found the original (non-GH) copy of Heavy Rain for 14.97 a week ago.

#7824 elrobo8

elrobo8

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:28 PM

The July drops finally hit at my store. Nothing worth noting, though. Everything I checked was just $1-5 cheaper.

#7825 caMOFOg

caMOFOg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:13 AM

The July drops finally hit at my store. Nothing worth noting, though. Everything I checked was just $1-5 cheaper.

None of the games were marked with July stickers but all games that end in .97 were 25% off.

#7826 TKSJOHN

TKSJOHN

The Dumpster Diver!

• Silenced

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:56 AM

gpt tv super stars on ps3 for $2.97, other than that, nothing else worth telling about!

#7827 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:45 AM

Dropped by my locals sears to buy some photo albums for the wife so I checked on the games section. It's now 75% on all clearanced games. There was only one cart of games left to pick through. Most of the titles are shovelware, but some, like deBlob 2 for Wii can be had for $3 bucks or so. Picked up

:ps3: WWE All stars
:ps3: Red Faction: Armageddon
:ds: Wario Ware DIY

all for $8.95 total! Too bad Sears is getting out of this business, I will surely miss this type of haul!

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Sorcery Saga, :3ds: N/A, :360: DDP SDOJ, :ps3: Rocksmith 2014, :ps4: Dynasty Warriors 8

#7828 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:24 PM

The main reason why hauls like that exist is because they are getting out of the business. If they were successful at selling games, they'd be going for higher prices.

#7829 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:26 AM

I think it's only like 2 weeks at the most for price adjustments.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#7830 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:22 PM

Just to reiterate, 14-day price match (protection) guarantee, 30-day window to return/rebuy, 110% price match vs. competitors that have the game in stock or orderable (BBY deals of the day count).

My store also has the unannounced 25% off clearance games going on. So far the only gems I'm seeing are all of my pokemon games are ~$18 each. Black, Heart Gold, Platinum, et cetera.
Posted Image