Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

• Please log in to reply
9866 replies to this topic

#8131 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

Perpetually behind the times

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:10 PM

Thoroughly scanned the Sears in Chandler AZ last night (the one being re-arranged), and I didn't see anything else worth noting, however I do see that they have several empty glass cases marked per specific system (PS3, XBox, and Wii/DS), along with two cases marked 'tablets'. I guess this store is doing well enough to keep the games and invest in tablet inventory.

If there is a blowout tomorrow, it would be interesting, because this location has more game inventory than they have allotted the space for inside the glass cases, so we shall see..

#8132 MR_E

MR_E

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:17 PM

My Sears went outta business. Ill do alittle "French connection" to help me get some of those clearance goodies I need Black Ops PS3, Wolfenstein, etc let me know what you find.

Building a time machine to go back to the 60's/70's and get involved in the Turkish/French/US heroin trade in order to score a discount copy of Wolfenstein seems a little extreme to me. Why don't you just ask someone to pick you up a copy? :D

#8133 Brash_Attack

Brash_Attack

Emperor Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:38 PM

Will hit up 3 Sears stores in Northern LA later because I'm in the area. If anything is cheap now, I'll let y'all know. If not, I'll ask about tomorrow.

#8134 slppedyoursster

slppedyoursster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:39 PM

Just returned from the Tri-County Sears in Cincinnati and the lady said, "We had 5 Xbox 360s with the 250GB hard drive for $145. We sold all of them yesterday."

Fuck! Anyway, everything else sucked as far as prices. I even had the lady scan some games that were clearanced on March 2nd - according to the sticker - and they still showed up as the same price in the system. Whatever.

#8135 Hypermobius

Hypermobius

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:48 PM

Who does that?

I do, because the day before I had scanned a bunch in that bin and they all came up as regular price. The next day the sales clerk steered me towards the same bin, didn't mention anything about 75% off but instead held up a crappy game that was marked 24.99 (same price as the day before) and said..."See these are already marked down to 25 bucks...pretty good deal" ....but yeah I should have just scanned some.

#8136 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:04 PM

Local sears had nothing of note, however some of the games in the cases are now being marked down, will have to check back tomorrow

Tradelist   (mostly Nintendo / Sony)  

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

gallery_474050_8161_75125.jpg

Designed by Lilchiji

#8137 juubei1i

juubei1i

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:10 PM

I don't know why I torture myself by reading threads like these. I went to two more Sears today, had to run errands anyway.

One store had lots of clearance but prices were similar to what they have always been. The pink tags were dated AUG. I did find Mass Effect 2 for approx $9.99 so I bought that. Seemed like an ok deal and i've never played the game. This store did have inventory tags everywhere with tags on each cabinet listing total quantity of items and total value. Saleswoman was nice and said they had just started to lower their game values. I know they had clearance a few months ago but the prices were even more pathetic then.

The other store had a 90% off clearance bin in electronics with nothing in it but a Wii sports game and some cheap camera cases. All of their games were in bins towards the back and also had the same clearance prices as usual but the tags were very old. Some tags were green, some were pink. Staff was useless so I bought a pink tagged game as a test and it came up as the labeled price, no discount. I have a sears down the road so I'll just return it later.

Anybody know if there is any significance to the inventory slips or the green clearance stickers?

#8138 OcelotXIII

OcelotXIII

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:17 PM

Reporting in. When to two different Sears store today one in Western, Mass and the other in Enfield, CT. The one in Mass had pretty good selection and a lot of stuff was on clearance but the prices were still pretty high IMHO. The one in CT didn't have much inventory left and the stuff they did have the prices were still not very low.

#8139 Mendoza357

Mendoza357

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:19 PM

An employee said their going to have a big sale/clearance this Friday (tomorrow).

#8140 BowserG

BowserG

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:29 PM

An employee said their going to have a big sale/clearance this Friday (tomorrow).

Is this nation wide or just the usual YMMV Sears BS?

#8141 Jesse757x

Jesse757x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:41 PM

Reporting in. When to two different Sears store today one in Western, Mass and the other in Enfield, CT. The one in Mass had pretty good selection and a lot of stuff was on clearance but the prices were still pretty high IMHO. The one in CT didn't have much inventory left and the stuff they did have the prices were still not very low.

Thanks for the info. I've been checking the enfield one every now and then but haven't found any good deals. I'll pm you if I ever stumble across anything good.

#8142 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:45 PM

Went to the Sears in Henderson, NV today. No notable markdowns. However, they did pull off older cameras off the racks and are selling them as is for 40% off. Prices ranged from 20USD to 72USD on'em.

They had four DSlites, so I thought I might be lucky, but the cheapest one rang up at 89.99 (silver). The red, pink and white were all 99.99.

Yes! I am in a signature! :applause:

#8143 OcelotXIII

OcelotXIII

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:45 PM

Thanks for the info. I've been checking the enfield one every now and then but haven't found any good deals. I'll pm you if I ever stumble across anything good.

Thanks I would appreciate it same here

#8144 mitemouse

mitemouse

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:15 PM

just to let you know.. for stores doing the blowout sale, the consoles will ring up the sale price but the games will have to be manually overrided to 75% off. atleast this was the way it worked at the sears i went to.

Edited by mitemouse, 23 August 2012 - 09:33 PM.

#8145 Rnm

Rnm

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:26 PM

I went by today and a lot of shovelware was on clearance, however I managed to find a Guitar Hero 2 bundle with the guitar for the 360 for only $21. I snagged that up as I've been meaning to buy a new guitar, but the prices of them have seem to gone up since they don't make them anymore. I also saw Star Fox 64 3d for $24, but I didn't bite as I know I won't play that game.

#8146 gn2007

gn2007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:28 PM

Went to the sears in rosevilles michigan and found games cleranced but nothing below 15 below the guy in electronics did tell me games and system are being cleranced but hasn't really started here and telling me he wants the kinect star wars bundle lol. I asked him if he knew if any sales start tomorrow and said he wasn't sure and just to check tomorrow

#8147 Graviex

Graviex

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:29 PM

No luck for my trip to Sears in Westminster, CA. There was a few bins with games marked down, but nothing more than a few bucks off msrp, consoles still full price
Posted Image

#8148 Xian C Solid

Xian C Solid

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:45 PM

just went to the store in waterbury ct.
there was a clearance rack, everything 90% off. mostly crap but was able to dig up one copy of metroid prime 3: courrption, which i picked up for $3.72.
manager said he's going to bring out some of the stuff behind the case as soon as he gets rid of the stuff on the rack...

i don't think i'll be going back. seems like hit or miss with lots of luck involved.

#8149 juubei1i

juubei1i

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:16 PM

Definitely YMMV.

The two stores today had the exact same socks for two completely different prices. $6 diff between stores! Guess I'll have to keep wearing my socks with holes in them. ;)

#8150 Mendoza357

Mendoza357

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:08 PM

That I don't know, sorry.

#8151 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:24 PM

Hold onto your butts...

#8152 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:27 PM

No luck for my trip to Sears in Westminster, CA. There was a few bins with games marked down, but nothing more than a few bucks off msrp, consoles still full price

Some guy apparently bought all 4 of the 12month live kits yesterday, just before I stopped by.
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#8153 Me4Tull

Me4Tull

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:28 PM

Just returned from the Tri-County Sears in Cincinnati and the lady said, "We had 5 Xbox 360s with the 250GB hard drive for $145. We sold all of them yesterday."

Fuck! Anyway, everything else sucked as far as prices. I even had the lady scan some games that were clearanced on March 2nd - according to the sticker - and they still showed up as the same price in the system. Whatever.

Very interesting. Yesterday I called a store on my frequent stops list to ask about the Nintendo DSI XL. They said they had 1 left and the price was $110.00. I went there today during my lunch break. The sales guy said I should have been there yesterday because they clearanced a bunch out for $20 each. I told him I called and was told they only had 1 in stock for $110 but he didn't have a reply. The whole thing sounds very fishy to me. I was in there less than a week ago and they had no DSI XL systems in the glass display case. Maybe they had all these mystical units in the back stock room! They also had a box labeled Clearance "games $9.99 and under". Only a few crappy games were under $10 and I had the guy check some good games with his hand scanner. They were all at least $20. So apparently their signage means nothing. Of course, he was clueless about the prices! Talk about screwed up.

#8154 Me4Tull

Me4Tull

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:34 PM

Is there a reason my post from this morning was deleted? Am I breaking a rule I don't realize?

I called the Exton store today and spoke to the guy in electronics. He said almost everything is cleaned out with the exception of a couple games and some MOVE accessories. I asked him if he knew of any other Sears stores that might be having a similar Clearance Blowout but he said he only knew about his store. He also said they are a small Sears and didn't have the space for video game stuff. He said they were making room for the tablets they would be eventually selling.

#8155 postaboy

postaboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:36 PM

lol wow looks like someone just bought all 5 copies of zelda ss for $2.00 at Bellflower, CA Sears. They had a new sign up when the store open "all clearance games w/ white tags in this box for $2". Yesterday it was 50% off.

P.S. I think one of the employees at this store might have took them. I kind of find it suspicious seeing this one employee ringing up/reading the back artwork clearance games by himself.

Edited by postaboy, 23 August 2012 - 11:49 PM.

Lakers for Life!

#8156 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:43 PM

OK. So who is gonna put up a tent by the door by electronics and camp out till tomorrow morning? Raise your hands.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#8157 Havokscry

Havokscry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:46 PM

Something has to be up. I'm actually noticing sales associates in the electronics department now.

#8158 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:49 PM

Guess I'll be making an early morning run tomorrow. Know my store doesnt have a clearance rack anymore, but they still had mostly new games.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8159 caMOFOg

caMOFOg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:57 PM

If your employee has any interest in games or consoles you can forget about getting in on these blowout deals unless they decide to leave the scraps.

#8160 Kolgar

Kolgar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:22 AM

Can't you go in and buy what you want tonight, then price match the blowout prices tomorrow?

I called Sears tonight and after some switchboard screw-ups, got through to a lady who said they had one Xbox 360 with a 250GB hard drive for $40. Just one. I said OK and drove over there fast...

Only to find out that they had transferred me to the wrong store and I was now staring at an enclosure full of Xbox 360s and other hardware, all regular price.

I bought what I wanted (as I've been scoping hard on this deal and will be working tomorrow when the store opens) thinking that I have 14 days for the prices to drop. If not, I'll just return everything.

Edited by Kolgar, 24 August 2012 - 02:00 AM.