Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

• Please log in to reply
9895 replies to this topic

#8521 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:23 PM

Damn, I wish I could find Homefront for $5 at my store. And that's an amazing price for Blur; such a good game!

#8522 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:35 AM

I was doing some travel today so I was able to stop by a Sears that is waaaay out of the way. This particular store had lots of clearance games and the PSP core system for $119 (5% off) back in the spring. When I stop in today they were in the process of dismantling most of the game cases and put all stock in one small case. The PSP was STILL at $119. There were only a few shovelware games in the clearance box except for L.A. Noire Complete Edition with no price tag. I didn't even bother trying to find a scanner since I already have the game.
Bah weep granah weep nini bong.

And now I present Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy:

Spoiler

#8523 mabuhay13

mabuhay13

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:47 AM

They moved all the gaming items into one aisle here in Springfield, IL. But, sadly, no good discounts to be had. Hopefully in the following weeks, the managers will decide to do something about that.....

#8524 DarthWoo

DarthWoo

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:20 AM

I went back after I saw all the stuff was gone at Exton, PA and spoke to someone I know there. Turns out that they had actually marked pretty much everything at least 50% off as far as hardware, and then most of the other accessories down to $1. Kind of burns since it was naturally on a day I didn't go even though I had been visiting nearly once every week.

#8525 V Gundam

V Gundam

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:40 AM

I went back after I saw all the stuff was gone at Exton, PA and spoke to someone I know there. Turns out that they had actually marked pretty much everything at least 50% off as far as hardware, and then most of the other accessories down to $1. Kind of burns since it was naturally on a day I didn't go even though I had been visiting nearly once every week.

One person did post pictures of his receipts for that location with those prices weeks ago. I think that is the main cause of everyone checking other locations for Manager Markdowns.

#8526 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

Judoka on a CAG Hiatus due to new job

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:48 AM

this happened like 2-3 weeks ago, many posts in this thread about it, 20-30 dollar 3ds et cetera

Tradelist   (mostly Nintendo / Sony)  

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

gallery_474050_8161_75125.jpg

Designed by Lilchiji

#8527 nitman99

nitman99

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:55 AM

Grabbed a Pokemon SoulSilver Version for $20 last week at Sears. I would've waited till the new month's drops but I didn't want to risk it selling out, there were only two copies. HeartGold was the same price. I'll go back this weekend and see if anything's changed.

#8528 Olengie

Olengie

Yukari & Rise are the Best Girls.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:11 AM

They must have had Blur at my store. I suppose it got cleared out before I got there. :lol:

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#8529 flount

flount

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:41 PM

Take it with a grain of salt, as there has been much speculation in this thread, but I went to a couple Sears stores today, and the employees at each said they have been instructed to send all of their video game inventory back to the company very soon (likely next week), where it will probably be sold to a liquidator (or perhaps redistributed to Kmart). These employees also said they think this will be a company-wide action.

But, again, grain of salt. You may want to ask employees at your store if they have been informed of this also.

#8530 Firecrest

Firecrest

BOOMSHALAKALAKA!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:31 PM

Actually, planogram set ups for next week indicate that rumor is false. Definitely not company-wide. In fact, some of the planograms focus heavily on new consoles/games/accessories, as well as a dedicated clearance area. I was a bit surprised myself.

So chances are, if your local Sears still receives new releases and consoles such as the 3DSXLs and NSMB2, they'll continue trickle in for at least some while yet.

fs_overall.png

#8531 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:45 PM

My question is why would a security guy at Sears tell me the managers are going to send this stuff back instead of marking it down to like 50% off and such? And yet other sears have their games really chap instead of shipping them back to he maker? Is it a long process to ship things back?
Bethesda Excuse defined..

http://www.urbandict...Bethesda Excuse

#8532 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:25 PM

My Sears sent shitloads of stuff back. The display cases are gone.

I got a DS travel case for 2.97. UPC 663293102921

and...

DJ Hero 2 for Nintendo Wii (Turntable bundle) for $4.99 UPC: 047875961821
The DJ Hero had a clearance sticker on it dated 11/4 with a price of 24.97. Considering that's almost a year ago since they tagged it, I thought I'd have them scan it and I'm glad I did. Go get it!

#8533 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:28 PM

The one by me has theirs for $39.99 (wii) DATED lol

#8534 jedifrog21

jedifrog21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:33 PM

Actually, planogram set ups for next week indicate that rumor is false. Definitely not company-wide. In fact, some of the planograms focus heavily on new consoles/games/accessories, as well as a dedicated clearance area. I was a bit surprised myself.

So chances are, if your local Sears still receives new releases and consoles such as the 3DSXLs and NSMB2, they'll continue trickle in for at least some while yet.

Agreed, not company-wide. Mine just reorganized the whole gaming section and are getting new stuff in. They said they'll be phasing out everything except some top new releases by the holidays though. So I guess it depends on your local Sears

#8535 RedFoxCommando

RedFoxCommando

I Am Spartacus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:36 PM

Picked up:

Homefront :ps3: $4.97
Enchanted Arms :360: $4.97
Darksiders :360: $9.97

The XBox Live Starter Kit w/ 12 Months Gold, Headset, Chatpad and Project Gotham Racing that I had an eye on went from $44.97 back up to $59.97 :(

#8536 Stanley the Bugman

Stanley the Bugman

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:07 PM

My question is why would a security guy at Sears tell me the managers are going to send this stuff back instead of marking it down to like 50% off and such? And yet other sears have their games really chap instead of shipping them back to he maker? Is it a long process to ship things back?

Agreed, not company-wide. Mine just reorganized the whole gaming section and are getting new stuff in. They said they'll be phasing out everything except some top new releases by the holidays though. So I guess it depends on your local Sears

When I was working at KB Toys (near the end days), they divided up the stores in three groups: those with a full line up of games, ones with GBA/DS games only, and those with no games whatsoever. There were also separate planograms for each set up.* Sears may be doing something similar.

I would guess that there are one,or a combination, of three scenerios in play here:
1)Certain/all stores will sell down what is left and not receive new product.
2)They will ship all remaining product from certain stores to stores with a better track record of video game sales.
3)They will ship the remaining product from certain/all stores back to a corporate warehouse where they will either be sold to a liquidator or their K-mart stores.

To answer the other part of your question, Slippyhippy, about two hours. You write down what you have, throw it in boxes, and take it out of the stores inventory via computer. (Some retailers have scanners that will do the first and thrid step for you. You just scan it and throw it in a box.) You then ship the box to another store or warehouse where they receive it like any other order. If you walk into your local Sears and see empty cardboard near the game section, you should probably take that as a sign.

*Actually there were about 15 different planograms and none of them matched any actual store. That doesn't include the Toy Works/KB Toy Works stores.

#8537 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:40 PM

Picked up Fable 3 for $9.97.

#8538 Visc

Visc

That Weird Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:34 PM

so glad I remembered this topic was here. For a litle over $33 I got:

EyePet (for the gf)
Blur (ps3)
Singstar: Queen (ps3)
Homefront (ps3)
Enchanted Arms w/ graphic novel x2

Only the EyePet game was more than $4.97

#8539 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:56 PM

my store has 1 display and has 2 or so 3dsxl's so im not expecting any deals form the local one >.>

Edited by Kovorkian, 07 September 2012 - 10:56 PM.
spell check

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

Designed by Lilchiji

#8540 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:00 PM

To answer the other part of your question, Slippyhippy, about two hours. You write down what you have, throw it in boxes, and take it out of the stores inventory via computer. (Some retailers have scanners that will do the first and thrid step for you. You just scan it and throw it in a box.) You then ship the box to another store or warehouse where they receive it like any other order. If you walk into your local Sears and see empty cardboard near the game section, you should probably take that as a sign.

*Actually there were about 15 different planograms and none of them matched any actual store. That doesn't include the Toy Works/KB Toy Works stores.

Super... Not slippy... Bu you are as wise as my father should be..
Bethesda Excuse defined..

http://www.urbandict...Bethesda Excuse

#8541 BadBrains

BadBrains

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:02 PM

I was at a store that had literally about 20 games left for 50% 0ff, half of which were ps2 games. No systems, game displays dismantled, yet ps3 controllers were still full price as well as a Ds XL for $120. I wonder why they would only fire sale half of the dept?

#8542 bobphone

bobphone

So what if I'm a gay man?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:18 AM

Picked up:

Homefront $4.97
Enchanted Arms $4.97

#8543 Olengie

Olengie

Yukari & Rise are the Best Girls.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:26 AM

I guess the drops were sorta universal. Most of them anyway. :lol:

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#8544 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:35 AM

Take it with a grain of salt, as there has been much speculation in this thread, but I went to a couple Sears stores today, and the employees at each said they have been instructed to send all of their video game inventory back to the company very soon (likely next week), where it will probably be sold to a liquidator (or perhaps redistributed to Kmart). These employees also said they think this will be a company-wide action.

But, again, grain of salt. You may want to ask employees at your store if they have been informed of this also.

That right there makes the most sense to me. Although I'd be confused as to why my Sears has brand new stuff in like the 3DS XL and New Super Mario Bro 3ds. Honestly I'm surprised ANY Sears clearanced stuff out like they did when it could have been sent in and sent back out to KMarts.

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#8545 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:04 AM

That right there makes the most sense to me. Although I'd be confused as to why my Sears has brand new stuff in like the 3DS XL and New Super Mario Bro 3ds. Honestly I'm surprised ANY Sears clearanced stuff out like they did when it could have been sent in and sent back out to KMarts.

Kmarts have been clearing things out as well

Designed by Lilchiji

#8546 MR_E

MR_E

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:25 AM

Although I'd be confused as to why my Sears has brand new stuff in like the 3DS XL and New Super Mario Bro 3ds.

The employees here have told me that our stores are still carrying what they consider current systems and a small selection of new release games. The 3 stores closest to me have basically consolidated their whole videogame sections down to one small glass case containing, apparently, what they're carrying from now on (all the clearance items have been pulled out and separated).

I guess it's possible some stores are keeping a small gaming section and others are getting rid of gaming completely. Or, just as likely, the employees don't know what's going on, either...

#8547 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:47 AM

Everyone keeps mentoring Enchanted Arms. I'd love to find one at $5, I've never seen one in retail in years now.

#8548 erehwon

erehwon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:35 AM

Everyone keeps mentoring Enchanted Arms. I'd love to find one at $5, I've never seen one in retail in years now.

I would as well, but the last copy disappeared from my store in the last week or so. I don't think it had been marked down much though, if at all.

#8549 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 12:27 PM

Only a couple games in the bin were marked with Sept. stickers. The rest were still August, and not really worth mentioning (mainly the same titles that have been there for the past 3-4 months). The case with the consoles and handhelds was moved again, and now contains maybe 12 newer titles (Mass Effect 3, Max Payne 3, Skyrim and a few others, all at full price). Not sure why last week the consoles and handhelds were in their own display case near the cash register, but it seems like the manager thought the employees were bored and made them move all the stuff again.

#8550 sonderiaom

sonderiaom

Starry Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:58 PM

I've been watching the sears closest to me and not only has there been no additional % off at any point, the same Mario kart 7 has been there with a July august and September different tag all with the same price of $24.97. Frustrating. And I did actually scan it and that's accurate.