Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

• Please log in to reply
9885 replies to this topic

#8551 JohnnyBeeGoode

JohnnyBeeGoode

I think Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag (PS4) is fantastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:44 PM

man, universally, this place (sears) is one confused department store. went in this am, picked up a pretty nice haul (the charleston, sc location), all clearance games were 30% off. portal 2 :ps3: (about $20.00 after discount), nhl 12 :ps3:/:360: (about @ 20.00 after discount), mario sports mix :wii: (about $28.00 after discount) and the rest that others have mentioned (mlb 2k11 :ps3:, homefront :ps3:, darksiders :360: @ $4.97 before discount, fracture :ps3: @ $2.97 prior to discount) but right as I was checking out, the Manager ran up to the Clearance Bin and started yanking the damn signs down, "...these are all just gonna fly off the racks...", dude was crazy. no price drops in months and he thinks that since one CAG came in and picked up 6-7 games, it's all Chicken Little. folks it was comical (and something you probably would've had to be there to appreciate) but reiterates what a wacky, wacky place Sears (and Sears Holding) is/has been/always will be.
Posted Image

#8552 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:27 PM

That's odd, sounds like he was hoping stuff wouldn't sell so he could get it himself. I'd send an email to corporate to make them aware of the situation.

default.png2.png

#8553 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:41 PM

man, universally, this place (sears) is one confused department store. went in this am, picked up a pretty nice haul (the charleston, sc location), all clearance games were 30% off. portal 2 :ps3: (about $20.00 after discount), nhl 12 :ps3:/:360: (about @ 20.00 after discount), mario sports mix :wii: (about $28.00 after discount) and the rest that others have mentioned (mlb 2k11 :ps3:, homefront :ps3:, darksiders :360: @ $4.97 before discount, fracture :ps3: @ $2.97 prior to discount) but right as I was checking out, the Manager ran up to the Clearance Bin and started yanking the damn signs down, "...these are all just gonna fly off the racks...", dude was crazy. no price drops in months and he thinks that since one CAG came in and picked up 6-7 games, it's all Chicken Little. folks it was comical (and something you probably would've had to be there to appreciate) but reiterates what a wacky, wacky place Sears (and Sears Holding) is/has been/always will be.

I still preferred when Sears was it's own seperate entity from Kmart and vice versa. Only reasons I say that are 1) the clusterfuck that clearance has become since he who shall remain unnamed nuked the Fuck out of the program in BOTH chains AND made the prices highly YMMV across both chains and 2) Now if the main corporation goes kablooie, BOTH chains are in danger of going down with it.:cry:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#8554 pksellers

pksellers

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:34 PM

Not much game wise at my sears but they had these Cars 2 DVD players for $30:

http://www.amazon.co...&qid=1347132642

Looked like nice gifts for my little nephews so i picked up 2, also had these Ion Video COnverters for $11.97:

http://www.amazon.co...&qid=1347132767

Didn't get any of these, but some here may appreciate the info.

#8555 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:38 PM

Checked out a Sears I haven't been to in awhile and they had a huge bin of games but found a few decent ones. They also had a sign for 25% off clearance and a sign for 35% off (which said expired in July) but because the sign was up the clerk was very kind enough to honor the 35% off! (He also took the sign down after).

:ps3: Deus Ex rang at $9.97
:ps3: Bayonetta rang at $9.72
:360: Darksiders rang at $9.97
:wii: Metroid Other M didn't ring up at all, manager gave it to me for $9.97

After the 35% I paid a little under $6.50 for each title. Great finds, ended up flipping Deus Ex and Bayonetta to BB for a small profit with the 100% and GCU and kept Darksiders/Other M (all BB were sold out during the blowout 1.0 so I finally have a copy!)

Also helped that I got $10 for free on my shop my rewards card. Those who are rewards members check your e-mails to see if you got the $10 as well! E-mail said it expires 09/10. Strange too since I got $10 a week or two ago as well.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#8556 RedFoxCommando

RedFoxCommando

I Am Spartacus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:49 PM

R.I.P. Sears in Frisco, TX. Stopped in since I was close by to see just 2 PS2 Games and maybe 4 DS games and a small rack of 3rd party DS accessories. That is all they have left. Good to know because now I can remove it from my rotation. Collin Creek is nearly dead too. Ridgmar in Fort Worth and North East in Hurst are alive but in Critical condition.

#8557 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:52 PM

I went to two Sears today.

At one, I found an employee dismantling what was left of the games section. I asked outright if they were sending it all back or putting the stuff on clearence. Unsurprisingly he said it was all going back.

At the other location the damage was already done. Everything was gone except a single cabinet with the expected kids' and AAA titles.

It was fun while it lasted. I got some great deals over the last few years. Sears clearence, ye will be missed.
76561197996844513.png

#8558 RedFoxCommando

RedFoxCommando

I Am Spartacus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:57 PM

Sears in northeast has a clearance section? I went there like 3 weeks ago and they didn't have anything on clearance.

They used to have a couple of wire bins in the isles the last time I went maybe 2 months ago. They had a half a dozen PSP-3000 for about $75. Since most of the clearance has been sold everything else is back in the glass cabinets and on the back shelf along the wall. There is no clearance section however many of their games are Clearance tagged. Yesterday I picked up from Hurst:

Homefront :ps3: $4.97 (1 left)
Enchanted Arms w/ Novella :360: $4.97 (1 left)
Darksiders :360: $9.97 (last copy)

#8559 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:13 PM

Only game I noticed with a September sticker was Madden 12 for PS3 at $24.97.

They finally decided to start dropping some of the hand helds though.

Red Nintendo DS XLi $89.97
PSP core system $97.49

Half tempted by the DS, but I'm not sure how much I would actually use it. I'll just hold off.
Bah weep granah weep nini bong.

And now I present Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy:

Spoiler

#8560 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 09 September 2012 - 12:25 AM

That sounds like me with the PSP Go, Invicta. I used it a TON when I was laid up with a bad case of the gout about 3-4 months ago, but if I've turned the one I cracked open on for more than 30 minutes in the last month then it's a miracle.

I should just restore it and offer it on here for like $80 or something. At least get it out of the house and make a lil scratch on it.

Posted Image

#8561 Derrick1979

Derrick1979

For the love of GAMING!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 12:36 AM

Did you see any other notable PS3 games on clearance?

Killzone 3 should be $9.97

#8562 killercane

killercane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:32 AM

That sounds like me with the PSP Go, Invicta. I used it a TON when I was laid up with a bad case of the gout about 3-4 months ago, but if I've turned the one I cracked open on for more than 30 minutes in the last month then it's a miracle.

I should just restore it and offer it on here for like $80 or something. At least get it out of the house and make a lil scratch on it.

Not to get off topic too much but I have gout too. People dont understand the excruciating and debilitating pain that comes with that!

#8563 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:08 PM

Yeah. I think that severe case I had actually damaged my ankle joint because I kept trying to walk on it.:cry:

Posted Image

#8564 tolhurst

tolhurst

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 05:16 PM

Honestly I'm surprised ANY Sears clearanced stuff out like they did when it could have been sent in and sent back out to KMarts.

On the books they are considered seperate companies (before being compiled into the finacials) and would require a sale/purchase between entites, if the volume is high enough would require disclosure, tax effects, and probably more administrative + labor costs than it is worth.

#8565 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:29 AM

I found a couple copies of Pokemon Rumble Blast 3DS on a clearance table for 14.97. It was a hand written sticker, but came up automatically on the register.
...and my dogs

LOOSE LIPS SINK (FL)IPS

#8566 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:48 AM

I saw a handwritten tag for Skyward Sword at $24.97 at the Desert Sky Sears in Phoenix but passed since I already had a $15 copy from Best Buy.

How did IATCG get banned?

Edited by TheHelix, 11 September 2012 - 03:45 AM.

#8567 Derrick1979

Derrick1979

For the love of GAMING!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:14 AM

I saw a handwritten tag for Skyward Sword at $24.97 at the Desert Sky Sears in Phoenix but passed since I already had a $15 copy from Best Buy.

Because he's a bad Mofo !!! :lol:

#8568 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:59 PM

Silly internet drama. It's only temporary, so he'll be back soon enough.

#8569 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:37 PM

Was it some more bromance between him and confoosius? :D

Oh well back to the clearance discussion.

#8570 RedFoxCommando

RedFoxCommando

I Am Spartacus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:30 PM

Picked up Blur :ps3: in Lewisville for $4.97. All glass gaming cases have been taken down save for one which holds PS3 and 360 consoles only. No more Nintendo or Sony handhelds. They had a wire bin with a bunch of Phillips HDMI cables @ $4.97 each and some car cell phone accessories ranging from $1.97 to $3.97 each. They had 1 Sports Champions Move bundle for $59.97 and there were some PS3, 360, Wii, DS and PSP titles as well. They also have a clearance DVD rack filled with Wii, PS3 and 360 games. An employee told me they had a bunch of boxes full of games that they were sending back and he let me rummage through them but it was all the newest stuff that is still full price. He said they are sending everything back and that they (Warehouse I'm assuming) will go through it all and send limited supply of the newest titles back to store and probably sell the rest online. Apparently, moving forward they will only carry about 5 units of each AAA title and once they are gone then thats it. Sad too see all the DFW stores finally downsizing :( I might have to go back for a couple of those HDMI's.

#8571 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:48 PM

Was it some more bromance between him and confoosius? :D

Yeah, and some other guy. If you check his post history in the @Gamer thread, you can get an idea of what went down.

And dammit, I keep forgetting to go to Sears to see if they might possibly have something besides Minute To Win It and Where The Wild Things Are on sale for once. By the time I remember, my wife is already at work with the van.

#8572 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:53 PM

Just had my first console clearance since the psp go's last year

Bronze DSi XL for a whopping $119.97. Woohoo!

#8573 JokerCard

JokerCard

Go,go Gadget Cheapskates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:55 PM

Lake success sears buy:

Starfox 3ds $19.97
Wii speak $2.97
GH:warriors of rock (360) $1.97
Devil may cry 4 (ps3) $4.97
Dance central $9.97

Saw a copy of little big planet for $4.49
Check out my new blog at
http://timescoop.blogspot.com/

#8574 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

Judoka on a CAG Hiatus due to new job

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:26 AM

:psp: Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep - $14.97 (no sticker) my sears had sold out of this (@ 12.97) so i saw it for a decent price and grabbed it

Tradelist   (mostly Nintendo / Sony)  

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

gallery_474050_8161_75125.jpg

Designed by Lilchiji

#8575 Olengie

Olengie

Rise is Best Girl.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:22 AM

Went to Sears today. Was horrified that they took out half of the gaming section and replaced with tablets. Luckily, they put the stuff in the bin, so its practically full. Skyrim was gone, so I assumed an Employee got it. :lol:

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#8576 missingno81

missingno81

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:27 AM

Saw a pair of 3D glasses for 7.97 but it was for Samsung TVs.

#8577 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

Perpetually behind the times

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:49 PM

Though I was able to get one good game this weekend at my Sears, :wii: Monster Hunter Tri for manager's special of $3, at the same time I was upset that this location moved most of their games out of the cases to the clearance sections, and only has one single cabinet left dedicated to all video games (PS3, 360, Wii, 3DS, and Vita all crammed in there).

I'll be good if I happen to catch the deals on the extraneous items not in the cabinet, but more than likely I'll miss out on the bulk of it. When games are inside the cases I always feel safer they will still be there for the monthly / random drops.

#8578 Gideon68

Gideon68

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:20 PM

Lake success sears buy:

Starfox 3ds $19.97
Wii speak $2.97
GH:warriors of rock (360) $1.97
Devil may cry 4 (ps3) $4.97
Dance central $9.97

Saw a copy of little big planet for $4.49

Starfox was $29.99 at Stoneridge Mall in the Bay Area on Sat so I passed.

#8579 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:37 PM

My Sears in Pleaston CA is no longer selling video games every thing is "Clearance" Skyrim is 59.99

#8580 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:39 PM

My Sears and probably many others are stopping the sale of videogames they know they can not compete with gamestop or any other videgame retailer