Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

• Please log in to reply
9742 replies to this topic

#9001 HyperG

HyperG

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:29 AM

May make a trip to my store but last I went, seemed like nothing was that great of deals most are finding at their stores. Would have a lot to do with the mall in general though being expensive on their leases to businesses I would imagine, so they need any penny they can get, and I live in a military town so they assume everyone is fortunate.

#9002 sterlingice

sterlingice

Former KS Deal Lackey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:32 AM

I'm curious: how do you do Google search for these? I've never really done Google local shopping

SI

#9003 HyperG

HyperG

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:37 AM

Just go to google.com , type game in search, then click Shopping.

#9004 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:54 AM

Got a Nyko Media Hub "Ultra Compact USB Hub and Card Reader" for $5.97. This thing is so cool!

Description: The Media Hub adds 3 USB ports and an SD/Memory Stick reader to you Playstation 3 allowing access to music, photos, and video while using multiple USB peripherals.

I plugged in my 7.1 Official PS3 headset, my wireless Logitech keyboard(dongle), and was charging a controller...in 1 PS3 USB drive...all at the same time! All worked flawlessly! :D Gonna get around to trying out the SD part.

OMG... Ramble!

Ok. And, got 2 Mini Transporter Nintendo DS cases for $2.97 each. Holds the system, 12 games, and some other stuff. Don't have a DS, but got a pink one and a turquoise one. They come in blue, too.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#9005 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:01 AM

Oh! And, don't use the USB hub on a flat surface if you have a slim PS3 unless you have it vertical or a little off the edge of something! The hub is a tiny bit too tall and that 'may' ruin you actual USB drive by pushing it upwards. Also, it has some kind of skinny plastic piece for 20, 60, and 80gb PS3s.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#9006 Devil May Cry

Devil May Cry

Witty remark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:03 AM

Got a Nyko Media Hub "Ultra Compact USB Hub and Card Reader" for $5.97. This thing is so cool!

Description: The Media Hub adds 3 USB ports and an SD/Memory Stick reader to you Playstation 3 allowing access to music, photos, and video while using multiple USB peripherals.

I plugged in my 7.1 Official PS3 headset, my wireless Logitech keyboard(dongle), and was charging a controller...in 1 PS3 USB drive...all at the same time! All worked flawlessly! :D Gonna get around to trying out the SD part.

Ooohhh, I like the sound of that. I'll have to keep an eye out for some of these.

ZuREZ44.jpg

I pay $20 a month for my phone bill. Sign up through me and we both get $25 off our bills! That's a free month! PM me for more info if you're curious.

#9007 HyperG

HyperG

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:10 PM

I picked up (1) Rabbids Travel in Time 3D and (2x) Star Fox 64 3D both for N3DS $4.97 each. They didn't bother to change the sticker for either set of games, they were labeled Now $9.97 Save 75%. I checked some other games as well like Uncharted 2, but the label for it was right, $9.97 , Wrestlemania All-Stars was $9.97. I had no interest in any other games they had to check the prices of as most were games like Mass Effect 3, Black Ops, Modern Warfare 3, World of Warcraft expansions.

#9008 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:56 PM

I picked up (1) Rabbids Travel in Time 3D and (2x) Star Fox 64 3D both for N3DS $4.97 each. They didn't bother to change the sticker for either set of games, they were labeled Now $9.97 Save 75%. I checked some other games as well like Uncharted 2, but the label for it was right, $9.97 , Wrestlemania All-Stars was $9.97. I had no interest in any other games they had to check the prices of as most were games like Mass Effect 3, Black Ops, Modern Warfare 3, World of Warcraft expansions.

You should've snatched that Black Ops! Would've been $10 or less! I would've bought it and...

OMG! I gotta hurry and Go Vote!

#9009 Yoda-JM

Yoda-JM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:55 AM

Would anyone be willing to trade or sell the following 3ds games: Star Fox, Zelda OOT, or Street Fighter 4?
My Sears has Pilotwings, Tom Clancy Shadow Wars, Splinter cell 3d and Steel Diver. I also have the 3ds Lego Batman 2 for trade. PM me if interested.

And thanks to all the posts of good clearance games. I've got a good starting collection of 3ds games, now I just need a good 3ds xl Black Friday sale :lol:

#9010 jupiterjones

jupiterjones

WHAT THE CUSS!?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:01 PM

Made out like a bandit at my local. All prices were marked up-to-date (everything!). Ended up with:

2x Rabbids Travel in Time 3D - $4.97
2x Pilotwings Resort - $4.97
2x Splinter Cell 3D - $2.97

Best part: Since I had inadvertenly signed up for 2 SYWR cards, the cashier let me split up the transaction, and gave me the $10 credit to each sales. So for $6.24 I got 6 3DS games....perfect for GS flipping (but that's neither here nor there).

BIG ALSO: She mentioned that she overheard the store manager mention something about Sears putting $20 into the SYWR this Saturday. For how long/how legit this deal is, I can't verify. But something to look out for.

Jupiter_Jones.png

Check out my blog on music, gaming, wrestling, movies etc etc. It doesn't totally suck!

http://abloggymess.com/

#9011 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:33 AM

reading other cag finds make me sad. my sears has no clearance.
the only thing i found was dragon quest monster joker 2 for $9.97.
LUCKY THE TAG WAS $34.99.

#9012 Jayrcee

Jayrcee

CAG Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:58 AM

:360: :ps3:Rocksmith has dropped to $9.97 for November.

#9013 Rock_Dash3X

Rock_Dash3X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:15 PM

Just got a job at Sears and first thing I think was checked the game section. Been awhile since I last been there and it's super condensed and couldn't find their clearance :( I just assumed they were holding it for non advertised BF sales or a lot of Layaway (which there is already tons of stuff on Layaway at my location) and not something as sad as they sent them away. With training I had no time to ask anybody yet.

#9014 Metal Militia

Metal Militia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:32 PM

:360: :ps3:Rocksmith has dropped to $9.97 for November.

Really? I'm gonna have to check my store for this. Thanks for the heads up

#9015 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

Perpetually behind the times

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:37 PM

SYWR members should check their mail box, I just got this in yesterday, which doubles (up to $20) any redemption points you make on a single purchase. I blanked out the barcode (not sure if its unique or not, mine ended in 0447), and I don't see any text restricting clearance items (it does say qualifying purchases, though, I don't think that excludes clearance).

Unfortunately I used most of my points a couple of weeks ago, but still worth mentioning nonetheless.

I'll be posting this on the K-mart Clearance thread as well.

Posted Image

Edited by Billytwoshoes, 09 November 2012 - 05:58 PM.

#9016 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:12 AM

Don't ignore the email about $3 reward points toward shoes. Some others have mentioned they work on other things.

Mine reads this:"Heads Up! You have 3000 points expiring on 11/19/2012"

#9017 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:20 AM

Two of my closest Sears sent back almost everything gaming related. All they have left is a handful of MSRP games and a few clearance games that are still way too high.

#9018 Stanley the Bugman

Stanley the Bugman

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:53 AM

Don't ignore the email about $3 reward points toward shoes. Some others have mentioned they work on other things.

Mine reads this:"Heads Up! You have 3000 points expiring on 11/19/2012"

I didn't get that or the double points one. I got "Use your remaining points [not many left] and we'll add 5000 points to your order."

#9019 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:32 AM

I didn't get that or the double points one. I got "Use your remaining points [not many left] and we'll add 5000 points to your order."

I've got those in the past and ignored them.:-# I've, recently, started taking their points seriously these past couple of months. You might as well use them and get $5 in points.

#9020 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

Perpetually behind the times

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:12 PM

Not sure if anyone else noticed earlier, but Google shopping is back for almost all titles (before it was only a handful of selections), which even shows the last known price of stores that sold out of certain games.

The bad news is one of my stores must of sold a bunch of their stock to Kmart, as they are OOS of a good chunk of higher priced (but clearance) games I was eyeing. Most all of them were Wii games, so perhaps they are looking to move those out due to the Wii U launch?

#9021 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:13 PM

Not sure if anyone else noticed earlier, but Google shopping is back for almost all titles

Not for me. I searched all of the games that I know Sears has in abundance and nothing is showing up.

#9022 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:14 PM

Wow, my Sear's is pulling some shady shit for Black Friday. For about 2 weeks, Modern Warfare 3 for the Wii was on sale for 9.97, along with a few other games. Go to the store today to grab a copy only to see they stealthily removed all the clearance stickers from each title, and jacked up the price back to retail.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#9023 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:37 PM

Sadly, that's normal for most stores. What's even sadder is that it often works really well and many stores manage to sell items for even more than usual. Normally sell something for $10, mark it up to $20 for a week or two, put it on sale for $15, and watch the uninformed masses hand over their money.

#9024 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:18 PM

That kind of thing is fairly common for Black Friday the last few years. TRU did it with Uncharted last year or the year before. It's just an oversight that when a game is provided a BF deal by the manufacturer the retailer already happened to have it on clearance. Does suck though if you are waiting on a drop.

I guess I'm done with Sears now. The two easily accessible Sears near me have both had their clearance items wiped out. The first store definitely had a 75% off sale one weekend and all but a handful of more expensive clearance items were sold. The leftovers weren't put out on the 75% off table apparently. At the other store, the handful of clearance items left were on a clearance table with a sign stating up to 75% off, prices as marked. I don't know if that just caused a flood of common customers to purchase or they had a sale before I was there too. All that was left of interest was a 360 Green Day Rock Band and a DS Disney Club Penguin game for the kids, but I couldn't get a price check to see if there was a sale going on because some guy was having a bitchfest with the only electronics employee about his warranty and there are no scanners at the store.
Posted Image
Waiting for: WRC 2010 and WRC 2 and WRC 3:cry:
Now playing:
:360: Forza Horizon, Halo Series
:wii: Collecting Dust
:ps3: Collecting Dust
:pc: Diablo 3, Walking Dead
When I'm not watching Grimm and Firefly on Hulu.

#9025 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:01 PM

some guy was having a bitchfest with the only electronics employee about his warranty and there are no scanners at the store.

Funny, the very same thing was happening when I went to the register to have some games scanned last time. But in this case, it was a woman and the employee called someone else over to help out.

#9026 xDerekRx

xDerekRx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:21 PM

Couple 11/30 markdowns today. Normally first Friday of month so probably ymmv.

All of the Wii controllers and nunchuks started a clearance cycle at my Sears. Only 34.97 on some but good for a couple months down the road hopefully.

Although its probably worth checking for one of these:

Sony DVDirect VRD-MC6 Multifunction DVD Recorder - Sears number 03-53984 - $49.97

They are selling for roughly 200-220 on Ebay so its a good deal. They are actually pretty cool if you look it up on google. Transfer all types of video or files to DVD. It has a little screen to for editing.

And the Nexus 7" 16gb tablets are 189.97. Also not bad for a droid tab.

#9027 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:53 PM

The only things worth paying attention to at my store are the point and subscription cards, and those will probably never go on clearance.

Might look for that dvd recorder, though...

#9028 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:55 PM

The only things worth paying attention to at my store are the point and subscription cards, and those will probably never go on clearance.

Might look for that dvd recorder, though...

i got one like 5 years or maybe 7 years back for FREE using mcdonald monopoly coupons .... I maybe used it 3 times and now it sits in my basement ...

i think i paid around 200 or 300 for it
WOOOO I STINK

#9029 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:41 PM

Mine got cleaned out over Black Friday :(, all 3 Zelda:OOT3D copies gone, even the 50$ Black Op's got sold lol.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#9030 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:48 PM

Just checked google shopping, my Sears still has stuff in stock. No price drops yet.