Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

• Please log in to reply
9854 replies to this topic

#9091 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:57 AM

My buddy Ron stopped by the local sears and caught a hobo jacking his wang in housewares. He bailed immediately, so unfortunately, no word on new drops.

I would expect that more at Kmart.

#9092 Kezmer

Kezmer

Disgruntled Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:01 AM

Sorry about jackin my wang in housewares, men's shoes just doesn't do it for me anymore lol
[URL="http://exophase.com/gamercards/"]Posted Image[/URL]

#9093 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:35 AM

:lol:
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#9094 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:45 AM

Sears is still open? lol

#9095 twotimingpete

twotimingpete

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:17 AM

THIS is why I never beat my wang in sears anymore

#9096 kraftwerks

kraftwerks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:48 AM

Picked up a Flame Red 3DS for $100. The black ones were $150.

#9097 DRKnight

DRKnight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:07 PM

Is that 100 for the 3DS universal or YMMV?

#9098 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:27 PM

Is that 100 for the 3DS universal or YMMV?

My store also had the flame red one for $97. I believe the clearance is based on previous sales data. Since I sold more of the Cosmo black and aqua blue, those prices are staying higher.

#9099 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

The flame red 3DS was marked $139 around here. I think I read somewhere that Nintendo has discontinued the flame red model???

#9100 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:16 PM

I will walk over to the store by me just to return home disappointed.

#9101 sterlingice

sterlingice

Former KS Deal Lackey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

I will walk over to the store by me just to return home disappointed.

No hobos?

SI

#9102 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:27 PM

I just snagged the $99 red 3ds, it's the red one only WITHOUT the bundled Mario Kart. I am not sure if its universal but I scanned a printed barcode at another sears that didn't have any red in stock and it also rang up $99 there so there is a good chance of this deal being universal. The UPC is 045496719357.

But if you want it Go NOW! Because I got the last one at the Sears I went to.

#9103 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:56 PM

I just snagged the $99 red 3ds, it's the red one only WITHOUT the bundled Mario Kart. I am not sure if its universal but I scanned a printed barcode at another sears that didn't have any red in stock and it also rang up $99 there so there is a good chance of this deal being universal. The UPC is 045496719357.

But if you want it Go NOW! Because I got the last one at the Sears I went to.

The only one bundled with mario kart is the blue xl one i think.

#9104 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:41 PM

There is a regular red 3DS that is bundled with a game, at least I think there is, I don't know which game it is. They had a bundle marked $169. But I assume that one is not on sale. The box is also smaller for the bundled version. I am really excited I got this deal, I think it has to be the best deal I have gotten at retail ever!

I think Nintendo discontinued the red color, which is why its on sale, then they tried to get rid of stock by putting all the red ones in the holiday bundle.

I could swear I saw at least 5 of these at that Sears last week, but when I went today there was one left and I grabbed it. Also there is a variety of other DS systems on sale, I think the regular DSi was $84.99. One Sears near me also has a Cobalt Blue DS Lite Bundle still left for $119! Also the Black regular 3DS was $149.

#9105 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:55 PM

Went to Sears just now and picked up the last Flame Red 3DS for $100. The box looks like it was mauled, but the seals are intact. This was just an impulse buy, since it was so cheap. But what I'm after is a new revision 3DS that has two circle pads built in. So I don't know if I should keep this one or return it.

#9106 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:03 AM

Just keep it. There is currently no indication that they will ever release a version with two circle pads.

#9107 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:18 AM

Any word on DSI xl's?

#9108 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:33 AM

I would keep it if you just want a cheap system and don't care which model or color you have. This is a YMMV and its VERY hard to get and those of us who got one are extremely lucky. The red is actually quite gorgeous, its not orang-y like the red GBA SP was, its a very bright and dark red. I don't think they will ever release a 2 circle pad version, hardly any game even uses 2 circle pads, and for the ones that do they have the circle pad and the circle pad XL. Developers aren't building their games for 2 circle pads since the system never had one from the start and most people don't have the Circle pad. I am guessing we won't be seeing $99 for quite a while unless its a BF deal at some point since Nintendo just dropped the DSi to $99 last year!

This system is so cheap that you can probably sell it for close to what you paid if a new version that you want comes out later on. Just keep the box, manuals and accessories intact.

There aren't too many good 3DS games out but I did find at least 2 that I want to purchase however if you have never had a DS its an excellent purchase since it plays all regular DS games too and many of those can be found for very cheap prices.

#9109 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:02 AM

No hobos?

SI

LOL. No, the hobo by us sleeps in the bus stop out in front of the Sears.

The wire clearance bin is now gone. There were 6-8 games in the shelf over by the remaining glass case (Max Payne 3 :ps3: was one, $24.97), a couple Wii titles, and Jeopardy :ds:

They still had a 4gb 360 console, and a 250gb console in the glass case, and a couple Wii consoles. Still quite a few 3DS and 3DS XLs. Did not check prices.

#9110 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:05 AM

There were two Flame Red 3DS versions at the Sears I went to. The plain version, without a game, and in a larger box, was $99.97. The bundled version, with Mario kart 7 I believe (or Mario 3D Land) was $169.99, and in a smaller box. So you know which one to get ;)

Edited by Josef, 07 January 2013 - 01:31 AM.

#9111 kraftwerks

kraftwerks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:23 AM

The red one was bundled with mario 3d land.
The Sears i got mine from has two more, none of them were marked.
Here's to hoping for more markdowns!

#9112 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:37 AM

If the red one was bundled with a game then its not the right one. If its not marked its probably $99.97 (again it must be a plain red 3DS in a regular box with no game included), you should ask about it if you want one. Not all Sears will have them in stock, I went to one that didn't have it today as well as one that had one left.

There is also a 3DS pink Nintendogs bundle that was on clearance a while back, I saw it, so that is another one to look for, but extremely unlikely you will find one.

#9113 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:34 AM

Wasn't there some Sears clearance blowout months ago (though highly ymmv) where 3ds, dsi xl systems, etc. were way cheaper than $99? Wish they would drop the prices to those levels again..

Edited by bruceg, 08 January 2013 - 02:24 AM.

#9114 Rock_Dash3X

Rock_Dash3X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:49 PM

I hope there is still some when I go there on Wednesday. If it's that cheap I want to convince my friend to buy it so I have more friends with 3DSs.

#9115 ShadowAsylum

ShadowAsylum

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:26 PM

I don't want to make a run to my nearest Sears(next town over) if they don't have the 3DS price lowered there. Any other price drops that anyone has seen?

#9116 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

Perpetually behind the times

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:34 PM

I didn't see anything really significant in my trip last Friday to Sears, though the clerks were busy putting the tags out on the items when I came in, so I'll check to see if there is anything new that I didn't have a scan sheet for.

I did see my store finally reduce the Sports Champions / Deadmund's Quest Move bundles to $74.97 (right around there), which before were held steady at $94.97. Not a good price now, but something to watch for if your local still hasn't cleared these out.

#9117 Multibeaster79

Multibeaster79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

Thanks everyone for the heads up. I was able to get one at my Sears for 99.97, so I would guess this is a universal clearance drop.

I checked Google shopping first and two area Sears did show "limited stock" with a price of 139.97, but it was clearly marked 99.97 in store.

I was excited to get in on this deal. I traded my first 3ds for a vita this past spring and had been waiting for a $100 price. Now to find some cheap games....

#9118 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

After playing the 3DSXL, I dont want to play on the 3DS. I'd have to see one FAR cheaper than $100 to even buy one again. My Sears has hardly anything more than just an endcap with some games and systems. Most of the time, its worthless to check whats there.

#9119 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

After playing the 3DSXL, I dont want to play on the 3DS. I'd have to see one FAR cheaper than $100 to even buy one again. My Sears has hardly anything more than just an endcap with some games and systems. Most of the time, its worthless to check whats there.

I concur. Buying a standard 3DS is insane. Even for $50. It's too tiny.

#9120 elrobo8

elrobo8

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:12 PM

Here's what I found at the North Little Rock, AR store:

Deadmund's Quest/Sport Champions Move bundle - $39.97 (Might be specific to my store. It had the $74.97 January sticker, but there was an additional yellow tag on it that had the $40 price.)
9 ft. PS3 USB cable - $2.97
Vita Charge Cradle - $7.97
Vita Charge Cable - $9.97
Vita AC Adaptor - $9.97

360 Quick Charge Kit - $19.97

All of these are in the standard Wii packaging, not the Wii U packaging:
White Nunchuk - $4.97
Black Nunchuk - $9.97
White Wiimote Plus - $19.97
Black Wiimote Plus - $29.97