• Please log in to reply
9897 replies to this topic

#9151 arsenalcrazy8

arsenalcrazy8

As Cheap As Wenger.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:54 PM

DSiXL systems down to $39.97.

would that be ALL Dsixl systems?? or specific colors only? for example, I know that bronze clearanced out before all others
Up the Gunners!!!!!
I am Cheap, therefore I buy Cheap.

#9152 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:55 PM

Okay, I definitely wouldn't be able to pass that up.

#9153 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

would that be ALL Dsixl systems?? or specific colors only? for example, I know that bronze clearanced out before all others

I'll double check later. I believe I only have the blue model in stock but that should be a good indicator.
Posted Image

#9154 theking20

theking20

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:00 PM

0_o damn, insane deal

to bad most around here got rid of them

#9155 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:09 PM

New clearance? Google shopping not updated yet.

#9156 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

If google shopping shows 74.97 does that mean its really 39.97?

#9157 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:09 PM

Google shopping has always been 100% accurate for me regarding price UNLESS their is a manager special where they take an additional % off but that usually requires an override.

#9158 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:47 PM

Worth buying just for the Pokemon games IMO if you like that series, there are 2 3DS exclusive Pokemon games coming out. The only other games I have are Scribblenauts and Style Savvy and IMO that will be enough to hold me until the release of Pokemon in October. I probably won't even play scribllenauts that much since I won it in a contest so it was free to me, I wouldn't recommend paying $40 for it however. If you don't like Pokemon, Shin Megami Tensei, Etrain odyssey, Mario, Zelda, Animal Crossing (coming out soon), Harvest Moon or anything else I might have missed then I don't think this system is for you. If you want even one of those games then its worth buying.

Even if I only bought the one Pokemon game that comes out in October this system would have been worth it for me. Much better than having to pay $169 for it or $199 for the XL which I hear is quite heavy to hold.

I like Shin Megami Tensei and wouldn't mind trying out a Zelda (haven't played one in about 10 years) but I have such a tremendous backlog that it may be at least a year before I could attempt to play anything on it. I already have a PSP and a PSP Go that have barely been used. My backlog on PS3 titles alone I would estimate at 120, that includes time consuming titles like Fallout 3, New Vegas, Oblivion, Dragon Age. I just don't have the time to play all the stuff I want to. (To be honest, since joining CAG I have probably spent more time looking for deals than actually playing.)
Bah weep granah weep nini bong.

And now I present Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy:

Spoiler

#9159 TKSJOHN

TKSJOHN

The Dumpster Diver!

• Silenced

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:55 PM

Im getting $75 as well

#9160 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:11 AM

Im getting $75 as well

Maybe our time will come next month.

#9161 Multibeaster79

Multibeaster79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:32 AM

Google shopping has always been 100% accurate for me regarding price UNLESS their is a manager special where they take an additional % off but that usually requires an override.

Iirc, Google shopping shows only the last price that the item has sold for. So it could very well be 39.97 in the local Sears system but the last time it sold it was $75.

#9162 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:34 AM

Iirc, Google shopping shows only the last price that the item has sold for. So it could very well be 39.97 in the local Sears system but the last time it sold it was $75.

It usually updates the day after the price updates. If he thinks its 100% accurate the. He's not checking the day of the price change.

#9163 kraftwerks

kraftwerks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:14 AM

Rose Dsixl was $40. Only other color they had was blue and it was $60.

#9164 callmewoof

callmewoof

Really, call me Woof

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:15 AM

$75 at my sears as well, just checked 20 minutes ago. Bought it though (sticker said it had been price reduced on the 4th, so I didn't want to wait until next month lest it vanish).
Say, "fuzzy pickles."

Posted Image

#9165 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:00 AM

I like Shin Megami Tensei and wouldn't mind trying out a Zelda (haven't played one in about 10 years) but I have such a tremendous backlog that it may be at least a year before I could attempt to play anything on it. I already have a PSP and a PSP Go that have barely been used. My backlog on PS3 titles alone I would estimate at 120, that includes time consuming titles like Fallout 3, New Vegas, Oblivion, Dragon Age. I just don't have the time to play all the stuff I want to. (To be honest, since joining CAG I have probably spent more time looking for deals than actually playing.)

I know how u feel.

#9166 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:34 AM

Im getting $75 as well

Yeah, $75 here as well. For $40, I would definitely get one, but $75 seems too much for an old system, considering the 3ds xl has all the funcitonality of a dsi xl, in addition to playing 3ds games.

#9167 RainFall

RainFall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:48 AM

74.97 here on the DSI XL, and only in 1 color

#9168 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

Yeah I feel your pain on the backlog, its just that this is so cheap for this system you will probably have to wait another 3 years until we see a $99 price drop on it so even if you want one game its worth getting for that price. Heck you could probably sell it used for more than what you paid new.

It doesn't make much sense to buy a DSi XL now at any price really, maybe for $25 or if you really want to have one in your collection especially if you can get the 3DS for $99.

I can testify that DS games look just fine on the regular 3DS and the black border around the top screen doesn't bother me at all. I have no idea how regular DS games look on the 3DS XL.

#9169 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

I have no idea how regular DS games look on the 3DS XL.

They look fine to me, but I'm no AV Nazi.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#9170 kraftwerks

kraftwerks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:09 PM

I havent tried DS on a 3DSXL, but on a regular 3DS it was far from optimal. I can play NES games on my tablet for instance, but it isnt as good as if i were playing them on real hardware. That kind of thing.

#9171 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:17 PM

I think Nintendo released an update to the 3DS to improve the look of DS games at some point. I am guessing these red systems are pretty old, so if you haven't yet it would be a good idea to update the system if you have the clearance red system. I am no visual expert either but the regular DS games play fine to me.

#9172 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

Heh. I just had a guy come in and get the last flame red 3DS from my store. Sounds like he thought this deal was just a little too slick.
Posted Image

#9173 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:11 PM

Hopefully these are going to people who will actually use or gift the system, not flippers, though flippers usually don't go for the single flip, and this deal is hard to find, if you find the system on sale there will most likely only be one left. I am wondering if Nintendo discontinued the red and blue 3DS's as most stores here have only pink, purple and black in stock and I believe these have a new, smaller box.

#9174 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

Went to my local Sears there was nothing that was mentioned here. No flame red 3DS and no DSi XL just their tags telling me I was too late.

If I had the technical skills...

I'd take a DSi XL's speakers/shell, a 3DS's slot, a GBA SP's slot, and Frankenstein it all together.

You know you'd want a 3DS XL SP! (A 3DS XL that's loud and can play GB/GBC/GBA cartridges.)

How about a 3DS lite? (Cram all the 3DS hardware into a DS lite's shell. Replacing the GBA slot with the SD memory card slot.)

Not that into 3D, so someone else can use their imagination place the 3DS switches somewhere.

#9175 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:44 PM

Hopefully these are going to people who will actually use or gift the system, not flippers, though flippers usually don't go for the single flip, and this deal is hard to find, if you find the system on sale there will most likely only be one left. I am wondering if Nintendo discontinued the red and blue 3DS's as most stores here have only pink, purple and black in stock and I believe these have a new, smaller box.

I didn't even think it would be worth it for someone to flip the system. I just calculated it and if someone sells the system for $160 shipped they are only making around $20 after fees and shipping. With the risk of selling a system (dealing with scammers or someone having a complaint about something like a dead pixel), I would have thought no would one bother but I guess I am wrong after reading some of the posts on the thread on SD.

#9176 godsquare

godsquare

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

Heh. I just had a guy come in and get the last flame red 3DS from my store. Sounds like he thought this deal was just a little too slick.

Thanks for the tip man :D

Now if DsiXL goes to $40 soon as someone mentioned earlier. I might consider selling the one I bought today and go for that instead :)

#9177 TKSJOHN

TKSJOHN

The Dumpster Diver!

• Silenced

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

Just got back from Sears, not much to mention. I picked up MLB the Show 11 for $4.97. The had Ocarina of time for 3ds for $24.97, but I passed. I had them scan a blue and pink dsi xl. Blue rang $119.97, and pink $74.97.

#9178 Zippon

Zippon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:07 AM

Checked two nearest stores and found one last metallic rose DSi XL for $75. None of the other clearanced models to be found. Picked it up since my DS Lite is 5 years old and doesn't work too well any more. Thanks!

#9179 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

I didn't even think it would be worth it for someone to flip the system. I just calculated it and if someone sells the system for $160 shipped they are only making around $20 after fees and shipping. With the risk of selling a system (dealing with scammers or someone having a complaint about something like a dead pixel), I would have thought no would one bother but I guess I am wrong after reading some of the posts on the thread on SD.

I think people on slickdeals would bother if the profit was $5-10.... Sigh

#9180 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

For anyone whop picked up the 3ds for 99, i found official nintendo 3ds cradle chargers for 4.97 today at my sears.

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Dragon Fantasy book 2, :3ds: Azure Striker Gunvolt, :360: N/A, :ps3: N/A, :ps4: Diablo 3, :wiiu: Hyrule Warriors