• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:11 PM

Black 3DS's are scanning for $129.97. Maybe $99.97 next month? If they last

#9302 No.

No.

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:53 PM

Lol, I think I've dealt with the same guy at the Eastern Hills Sears telling me many times about "how cheap" some clearance games where I bought. Not surprising as Sears is as dysfunctional as it gets. I only go there to check clearance stuff rarely and quickly leave.

#9303 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:53 PM

Managed to have the clerk at the register price-adjust the psp stuff I bought a couple weeks back. Got $10 and some change back. Ended up picking up two sets of Sony earbuds for .97 each (great for gym headsets.. cheap and disposable) and another traveler case at 1.97.

I also noticed that they had about 10 of the old-style clamshell 2000 Wii points cards. Asked for a price-check and it wasn't showing in the system. A manager over another area said they couldn't sell them, but the electronics clerk gave me his card and told me to call later when the electronics manager was in to see if I could work out a deal. I didn't think stores had these anymore and I hope I can pick them up for cheap.

#9304 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:03 PM

^I got those Wii 2000 points cards for around $7-ish a while ago.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#9305 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:13 PM

^I got those Wii 2000 points cards for around $7-ish a while ago.

I told the clerk I thought I heard them being cleared out at $2 each. So I'm hoping the manager will just go with it and give them to me at that price. Or better yet, give them to me for free.

Any thoughts on if they would still even work? Or do you think they would have expired by now?

#9306 mikeworld

mikeworld

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:20 PM

im new to sears clearance so sorry for the noob questions
are these clearance gaming items shown on the sears website?
And where would these clearance items be located? is there an area within the store?
And will it automatically ring up the clearance price if I bring in a game to the register? or will I have to tell them it's on clearance?

again I apologize for the noob questions. the OP does not have any info on it

#9307 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:25 PM

im new to sears clearance so sorry for the noob questions
are these clearance gaming items shown on the sears website?
And where would these clearance items be located? is there an area within the store?
And will it automatically ring up the clearance price if I bring in a game to the register? or will I have to tell them it's on clearance?

again I apologize for the noob questions. the OP does not have any info on it

None of these would be online. It's all in store only and YMMV. At my Sears the stuff I've been getting lately still has old high prices on it and I typically just walk it over to a price check machine and start scanning hoping to find a gem. Anything in the case or secured you'll have to find a clerk to price check. What's worked best for me is to go off the gut feeling that if it looks like its been there a while to check it.

#9308 RaysGame

RaysGame

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:50 PM

Went to my local sears looking to get the ps3 move bundle for $15, walked out with the move bundle and 2 flame red 3ds for $143 total. They still had 2 more flame red 3ds' for $60 each at the sears in ft myers fl.

#9309 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:29 PM

I told the clerk I thought I heard them being cleared out at $2 each. So I'm hoping the manager will just go with it and give them to me at that price. Or better yet, give them to me for free.

Any thoughts on if they would still even work? Or do you think they would have expired by now?

I don't think they have a date on them. Just make sure they activate them at the register.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#9310 Stanley the Bugman

Stanley the Bugman

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:47 PM

Went looking for the Bluetooth which they didn't have but left with the Move bundle and a USB car adapter for $20 (+ tax) total.

Interesting thing I observed was that they seem to be testing a program with iPads. The cashier basically rang up my purchase twice - for real on the register and simulated on the tablet. I have a hard enough time finding a cashier as it is in their stores and they want to make them mobile?!

I went to Eastern Hills today...

He could have just been trying to make small talk. Speaking from experience, he may have just been giving you the benefit of the doubt by repeating himself thinking that you just didn't hear him rather than rudely ignoring him. Management doesn't care what you do with the product as long as you don't return it. Cashiers typically just flat out don't care.

Edited by Stanley the Bugman, 10 March 2013 - 10:03 PM.

#9311 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:57 PM

Got a Move bundle for $14.97 and also picked up a Vita USB Cable which was marked at $4.97 but ran up at $2.97.

Couldn't think of anything better to spend my free $5 I got from SYWR on which expire tomorrow.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#9312 maxpower0965

maxpower0965

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:08 PM

Got a Move bundle for $14.97 and also picked up a Vita USB Cable which was marked at $4.97 but ran up at $2.97.

Couldn't think of anything better to spend my free $5 I got from SYWR on which expire tomorrow.

Which move bundle is it?

#9313 kraftwerks

kraftwerks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:14 PM

He could have just been trying to make small talk. Speaking from experience, he may have just been giving you the benefit of the doubt by repeating himself thinking that you just didn't hear him rather than rudely ignoring him. Management doesn't care what you do with the product as long as you don't return it. Cashiers typically just flat out don't care.

He obviously cared very much!
If he didn't care, he could just scan the item, charge me, collect, and let me leave.
I wasn't there for a haircut or to get a cocktail. The situation doesn't merit any conversation beyond "how are you today?"

#9314 RedFoxCommando

RedFoxCommando

I Am Spartacus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:16 PM

Picked up today:

Vita USB - $2.97
Vita Cradle - $2.97
Vita AC Adaptor - $2.97
3DS Charging Cradle + AC Adaptor - $.97 x 2

$11.75 out the door.

#9315 xGwiZ96x

xGwiZ96x

Cheapest Brony Ever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:06 PM

Is anyone here who got those cheap 3DSs willing to sell one to me for $90?

Crazy Twilight Sparkle is good Twilight Sparkle..

I have finally been honorably discharged from the console war! And I now realize that it's just a waste of everyone's time...

http://m.youtube.com...6?feature=guide Go to my YT channel linked above for amazing Call of Duty videos and please subscribe :)

#9316 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:51 PM

Which move bundle is it?

It's the Sports Champions / Medieval Moves bundle - this one.

The UPC is 711719983934, in case anybody needs it.

Went looking for the Bluetooth which they didn't have but left with the Move bundle and a USB car adapter for $20 (+ tax) total.

Interesting thing I observed was that they seem to be testing a program with iPads. The cashier basically rang up my purchase twice - for real on the register and simulated on the tablet. I have a hard enough time finding a cashier as it is in their stores and they want to make them mobile?!

Yeah, they had that at my store too. I couldn't help but think such a cool technology is wasted on a useless store like Sears.

#9317 Rocketsfan

Rocketsfan

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:52 PM

Just went to my local sears. Had the flame red 3ds come up regular price, guess this isnt at all sears?

#9318 RedFoxCommando

RedFoxCommando

I Am Spartacus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:31 AM

Just went to my local sears. Had the flame red 3ds come up regular price, guess this isnt at all sears?

Small box or big box? All the clearance 3DS's are on the larger 1st wave boxes.

#9319 Rocketsfan

Rocketsfan

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:55 AM

Small box or big box? All the clearance 3DS's are on the larger 1st wave boxes.

Oh I see, these were the small box ones with the Mario pre-installed game. Thanks for clarifying. I'll keep an eye out for the big box ones then.

#9320 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:33 AM

I thought it was like Kmart where they either refuse to sell it to you, or you get the last known price in the system.

#9321 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:23 AM

It seems to depend on the employee. Last time I tried to buy some out of the system games, the employee just entered them in at $4.97 since I was buying a couple of other games that were in the system for $4.97. The time before that, I tried to buy a DS charger and the employee refused to sell it to me so I went back a few days later and got another employee to let me buy it (since the first employee put it back in the case, and I was in the mall anyway) and they entered $3.97 since it was tagged for that price.

#9322 erehwon

erehwon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:35 PM

I only managed to get a vita cradle. Figured that might be useful if I ever get a good deal on a vita.

#9323 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

Perpetually behind the times

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:01 PM

The Wii points in the old clamshell are a bit of a tricky item, as I've seen three different prices at three different Sears, so it wasn't a universal price drop. If they don't take you up on your $2 offer, your best bet in the mean time is if you use the UPC off the back (which is 045496890346) and create a scan bar sheet (quick link to specific UPC on www.upcdatabase.com) to check out your other local stores. I've seen them ring up between $15 to $7 on clearance, so perhaps they can give that other store a call and confirm their prices (assuming you checked it out first, if they aren't too far away).

Also, those cards do not expire, so they should be just as good as when they created the codes.

#9324 Zimmy

Zimmy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:03 PM

They only had the Vita AC Adaptor and Cradle at my Sear's and I grabbed them both for $2.97 each.
I can't believe Sony had the b@lls to release the AC Adaptor without the necessary proprietary USB cable.
I would have returned it if it didn't cost $3, I can imagine someone paying $20 for it.
Posted Image

#9325 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:36 PM

The Wii points in the old clamshell are a bit of a tricky item, as I've seen three different prices at three different Sears, so it wasn't a universal price drop. If they don't take you up on your $2 offer, your best bet in the mean time is if you use the UPC off the back (which is 045496890346) and create a scan bar sheet (quick link to specific UPC on www.upcdatabase.com) to check out your other local stores. I've seen them ring up between $15 to $7 on clearance, so perhaps they can give that other store a call and confirm their prices (assuming you checked it out first, if they aren't too far away).

Also, those cards do not expire, so they should be just as good as when they created the codes.

I finally got ahold of another person that had some notes on what they were going to do. They are to sell me 4 of them at $4 each. I assume they are keeping the rest for themselves which I guess I'm ok with. Just as long as I get some. $16 for $80 in Wii Points is awesome to me.

Might pick up a Vita cradle too because they are cheap and I am sure I will get one eventually.

#9326 ohnoitschris

ohnoitschris

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:03 PM

They only had the Vita AC Adaptor and Cradle at my Sear's and I grabbed them both for $2.97 each.
I can't believe Sony had the b@lls to release the AC Adaptor without the necessary proprietary USB cable.
I would have returned it if it didn't cost $3, I can imagine someone paying $20 for it.

I wouldn't doubt Sony's gotten more returns than it was worth on replacement AC adapters and USB cables, simply because they didn't package the two together.

My Sears is just about sold out of games. :( They're down to like, Mario U and Call of Duty, and not much else. They don't even have Madden 13 on Wii U.

#9327 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:46 PM

Black 3DS's are scanning for $129.97. Maybe $99.97 next month? If they last

Is it the bigger or smaller box? Sorry had to ask because I seen it in two different sizes

#9328 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:51 PM

Gotta admit that one is pretty bs too. Nearly fell for it myself because my USB cable has a small tear that I had to put some tape on, was gonna buy it until I saw the USB cable sitting right above it for 15$.

Not sure why both werent on clearance....
Posted ImagePosted Image

#9329 RedFoxCommando

RedFoxCommando

I Am Spartacus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:52 PM

Is it the bigger or smaller box? Sorry had to ask because I seen it in two different sizes

As far as I know it's only been the bigger box 3DS's that have clearanced out.

#9330 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:15 AM

Saw some move bundles but they're tagged at $49.97, the tags are hand written. Reading back in this thread some people are getting them at $15? Guess I'm going back tomorrow to do some scanning.

While looking, an employee that was probably in his mid fifties asked if I needed help. Told him I was looking and he said he sometimes picks up deals to sell on Ebay. No wonder all the games disappeared all at once a few months ago.
Bah weep granah weep nini bong.

And now I present Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy:

Spoiler