Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

• Please log in to reply
9866 replies to this topic

#9331 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:35 AM

Ended up getting 5 of the 2000 point cards in clam shells for $4 a card. They won't activate on the Wii U eShop, so I'm thinking they might be limited to the Wii eShop or DSi eShop. I will have to wait until the TV the Wii is hooked up to frees up to try there. I was really hoping to use the points to get some games for the Wii U. :cry: I'm not even sure if there is 10,000 points worth of stuff I want from the Wii eShop.

I also ended up getting a Vita cradle, USB cable, and AC adapter for 2.97 each. I guess I'll stash them until I get a Vita.

*EDIT*
Apparently Nintendo Points <> Nintendo eShop. Any good recommendations of software/games from the Wii Shop (or whatever they are calling it these days)?

#9332 rayword45

rayword45

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:34 AM

^Wii Shop? I'd spend it on the DSiWare shop first due to shitty policies.

And the problem is almost every game worth your time on the Wii Shop is cheaper on iOS

Not able to get elsewhere

Fluidity is $12
MaBoShi is okay, $8
The Art Style games range from $6-$8
WarioWare D.I.Y Showcase is $8

And that's it. Every other game is cheaper elsewhere from what I can remember. The DSi Shop actually has more good exclusives, Fuck the ignorant haters.

#9333 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:25 AM

^Wii Shop? I'd spend it on the DSiWare shop first due to shitty policies.

And the problem is almost every game worth your time on the Wii Shop is cheaper on iOS

Not able to get elsewhere

Fluidity is $12
MaBoShi is okay, $8
The Art Style games range from $6-$8
WarioWare D.I.Y Showcase is $8

And that's it. Every other game is cheaper elsewhere from what I can remember. The DSi Shop actually has more good exclusives, Fuck the ignorant haters.

I don't own a DSi, just an old school DS and a 3DS. I've read you can transfer applications from the DSi to 3DS, but I'd have to have a DSi device first.

I also don't own any iOS devices. I have a long standing hatred of Apple and anything and everything they create
Spoiler

Thanks for the suggestions though.

#9334 canvasch

canvasch

El Chi Po

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:30 AM

my sears (Ocala - FL) sucks!!! they have a tiny video game display and no clearance rack... i did find a few items on clearance... but the prices weren't slashed to sell (usually $10- 20 off items msrp $25 to 35$)
plus they only had like a total of 25 different games between the ps3, 360, DS and 3ds.... lame!

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#9335 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:47 AM

Saw some move bundles but they're tagged at $49.97, the tags are hand written. Reading back in this thread some people are getting them at $15? Guess I'm going back tomorrow to do some scanning.

While looking, an employee that was probably in his mid fifties asked if I needed help. Told him I was looking and he said he sometimes picks up deals to sell on Ebay. No wonder all the games disappeared all at once a few months ago.

The Medieval Move bundle I got was stickered $74.97. Rang up $14.97.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#9336 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:57 AM

I'm jealous of everyone getting these Move bundles. I know they look stupid, but my kid would just love playing those Wonderbook games. It's tempting to stop by Sears, but I know they haven't sold the Move there in months. They barely even sell any games at all.

#9337 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:42 AM

The Medieval Move bundle I got was stickered $74.97. Rang up $14.97.

That's the bundle I saw, they had 3 of them. I'm jumping on one of them because I've been wanting to try out House of the Dead Overkill with the gun.
Bah weep granah weep nini bong.

And now I present Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy:

Spoiler

#9338 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:13 PM

I don't own a DSi, just an old school DS and a 3DS. I've read you can transfer applications from the DSi to 3DS, but I'd have to have a DSi device first.

I also don't own any iOS devices. I have a long standing hatred of Apple and anything and everything they create

Spoiler

Thanks for the suggestions though.

Off topic but I have a iPod touch 4th gen, iPod touch 5th gen and an iPad 2 and none of them have failed yet. I will not buy apple accessories though as I managed to burn out one of their stupid $30 chargers within 3 months and their cables always tear, you can get cables and chargers for a few dollars each if that these days that last longer than the Apple ones. The $30 USB charger was a gift from a friend and I had no proof of purchase so I couldn't take it back to the Apple store, so I thought it would be the best but its easily been the worst I have owned.

However I did manage to break 2 DS Lite's, but not a DSi, and my 3DS seems fine although it does have the usual issues like screen scratching.

#9339 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:19 PM

Spoiler

You'd definitely hate to own a dishwasher then... 8-)

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Sorcery Saga, :3ds: N/A, :360: DDP SDOJ, :ps3: Rocksmith 2014, :ps4: Dynasty Warriors 8

#9340 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

Perpetually behind the times

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:23 PM

Apparently Nintendo Points <> Nintendo eShop. Any good recommendations of software/games from the Wii Shop (or whatever they are calling it these days)?

Yeah, you can only use the Wii points cards for the Wii Shop or DSiware. There are, however, tons of WiiWare games I would recommend (besides the plethora of VC titles, like Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana, for example):

Fluidity
La Mulana
Retro City Rampage
MotoHeroz
Mega Man 9 / Mega Man 10
Bubble Bobble Plus!
Castlevania ReBirth
escapeVektor Chapter 1
FAST Racing League
Jett Rocket
Art of Balance
LostWinds (or its sequel, though I think there were problems porting this over to Wii U, not sure if you first purchase it on Wii U in Wii Mode though)
More on my mind, but I don't want to clog up too much space...

You can get some of these for cheaper elsewhere (at base prices), but since you got the cards for $4 each, most of these come out to roughly $2-3 bucks, I'd say that is hard to beat.

#9341 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:38 PM

not a video game deal but I did get a camera case for $2.97 for my new camera (that I got at TRU for $50)

Tradelist   (mostly Nintendo / Sony)  

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

gallery_474050_8161_75125.jpg

Designed by Lilchiji

#9342 RedFoxCommando

RedFoxCommando

I Am Spartacus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:47 PM

not a video game deal but I did get a camera case for $2.97 for my new camera (that I got at TRU for $50)

DSLR case? I'm looking for an affordable case for my T4i.

#9343 mer71

mer71

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:06 PM

I picked up a Xbox Charge and Play kit for $14.97.

mer71.jpg

#9344 neonon19s

neonon19s

Gotta Catch 'em All

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:50 PM

I stopped in Sunday night for a "friends and family night"

Found the ps3 move bundle on clearance for $14.97
Also found 4 gb Vita memory card for $1.97!! As soon as he scanned it I went and got the other 2 they had left!

then I got 20% off for the F&F and it was right at $20 for everything!

#9345 RedFoxCommando

RedFoxCommando

I Am Spartacus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:28 PM

I stopped in Sunday night for a "friends and family night"

Found the ps3 move bundle on clearance for $14.97
Also found 4 gb Vita memory card for $1.97!! As soon as he scanned it I went and got the other 2 they had left!

then I got 20% off for the F&F and it was right at $20 for everything!

I found a 4GB card at a local Sears that scanned "out of system" at the price checker, maybe I'll try again at the register next time. Since my AT&T order was cancelled I could certainly use a $2 4GB card.

#9346 Tony Da Tiger

Tony Da Tiger

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:35 PM

my sears (Ocala - FL) sucks!!! they have a tiny video game display and no clearance rack... i did find a few items on clearance... but the prices weren't slashed to sell (usually $10- 20 off items msrp $25 to 35$)
plus they only had like a total of 25 different games between the ps3, 360, DS and 3ds.... lame!

Wish I saw this before I went. There were at least 10 of those move bundles there last week and looks like someone jumped on them quick.

Edited by Tony Da Tiger, 13 March 2013 - 03:37 AM.

#9347 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:53 AM

DSLR case? I'm looking for an affordable case for my T4i.

My Olympus VG 110 fits perfectly (digital camera not a dslr) its smaller than my wallet

Tradelist   (mostly Nintendo / Sony)  

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

gallery_474050_8161_75125.jpg

Designed by Lilchiji

#9348 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:03 AM

Picked up 2 move bundles at my local sears. One for me and one for a buddy.

xivpads.png

#9349 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:37 AM

Medieval Moves/Sports Champions PlayStation Move Bundle - $14.97

PS3 9' USB Cable(in the new blue box) - $0.97

PS Vita 4GB Memory Card - $1.97

PS Vita USB Cable - $2.97

PS Vita AC Adapter - $2.97

PS Vita Cradle - $2.97

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#9350 Vinsanity

Vinsanity

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:57 PM

I called a couple of Sears nearby in NE Ohio....and neither of them even sell video games or accessories anymore. Much less having Vita accessories at clearance pricing.

Anyone in Canton/Akron area have any luck with the $2-3 Vita AC adapter, USB, or cradle?

#9351 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:57 PM

Still found no Move Bundles, but I got Max Payne 3 for $10.

I saw one but it was still tagged at $20. I already picked up a couple of the move bundles yesterday so I hate to go back again. Maybe the next time I'm in the area I'll stop by and grab it.
Bah weep granah weep nini bong.

And now I present Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy:

Spoiler

#9352 Bing147

Bing147

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:31 AM

Grabbed a Move bundle. Why not for that price. Last one at a small mall near me
www.vg-force.com

#9353 captainenforcer

captainenforcer

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:27 AM

Picked up two Move bundles. Why Not? Sports Champions is a pretty fun game too. Not sure about Medieval Moves, never played it.

#9354 RedFoxCommando

RedFoxCommando

I Am Spartacus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:51 PM

Picked up a Vita 4GB Memory card for $1.97 and a Phillips HDMI to Mini HDMI for $2.97.

#9355 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:38 PM

Picked up a Vita 4GB Memory card for $1.97 and a Phillips HDMI to Mini HDMI for $2.97.

Can u link a picture to see what it looks like

#9356 rayword45

rayword45

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:48 AM

Went there hoping something worthwhile would be in stock, while hitting myself for skipping on some decent games for cheap prices.

Got a 3DS AC Adapter and Charging Cradle for $.97. Fair deal.

#9357 RedFoxCommando

RedFoxCommando

I Am Spartacus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:55 AM

Can u link a picture to see what it looks like

Here is a link to one being sold on eBay (not me selling).

http://item.mobilewe...nid=18934837197

By the way, any suggestions for a good picture sharing site?

#9358 domon

domon

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:32 AM

So $60 is the going price for the big box red 3dss? If you can find it, that is.

#9359 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:34 AM

So $60 is the going price for the big box red 3dss? If you can find it, that is.

Just picked up mine right before the march price drop apparently. (Even tho I got it a week into march, lol) was $75.xx at time of pick up, so it could very well be that price now!

xivpads.png

#9360 GreyFoxx2002

GreyFoxx2002

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:07 AM

Snagged one just right now today going to switch me aqua color one to this bad boy then sell off that one.